Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Debt Crisis ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 33 goes up. This is Chapter 34. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 34: Debt Crisis
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Loading: Blue Bomb!” the Jasdebi twin chorused, reloading their shotguns. “Try one of these, Cross's pupil!”
 
Allen ducked the first ice shot, fleeing along the bookshelves as the rest of the ice bullets rained around him.
 
Noah possess different abilities. Allen thought as he leapt into the air. Could theirs be the ability to freeze anything?
 
There's no mistaking it. He realized, dodging another ice bullet. Freezing must be their power.
 
“Loading: Red Bomb! Red Planet of Flames!” the Jasdebi twins called, loading a new type of bullet.
 
“Dead wrong!” Allen exclaimed as the combined ball of fire roared towards him.
 
“Cross Grave!” he immediately called forth a shield to protect himself.
 
“We're not done yet!” the Noah twins chorused.
 
“Another one?” Allen blanched as a second flame ball came towards him.
 
“You bastards!” Lavi hissed, raising his hammer.
 
“Allen's not the only one…” Krory added.
 
“You should shoot that!” the two chorused, stopping the flame ball and sending it back to the twins.
 
“Jeez.” Lavi muttered.
 
“Thanks.” Allen replied.
 
“They sent it back at us.” David snorted unamused.
 
“It's comin' this way.” Jasdero added.
 
“White Bomb!” the twins fired another shot which completely dispelled the fireball.
 
“It disappeared.” Allen gasped.
 
“Where did the fireball go?” Lavi asked.
 
“What in the world just happened?” Chaoji inquired.
 
“I'm not sure.” Lenalee replied. “It doesn't like they're using normal guns. Could they have some kind of device within them?”
 
They haven't noticed. Rero thought. They haven't noticed at all. Idiots! Jasdebi's ability isn't within the guns. Those things are just ordinary toys. They can make bullets with all kinds of abilities, and fire them. Meaning… keep on agonizing Exorcists, and get blown to bits.
 
“It's laughing at us.” Lenalee muttered at the chuckling Golem.
 
“I'm positive he's thinking of something annoying!” Chaoji retorted.
 
“Oh yeah! I'd completely forgotten!” Rero flew out of Chaoji's grasp. “Master Jasdebi! Stop, stop! Now's not the time for this. What about your orders from the Earl of Millennium to eliminate Cross?”
 
“Marshall Cross?” Lenalee echoed.
 
“If Master Earl finds out you're messing around instead of doing your job, he'll be extremely pissed!” Rero reminded.
 
“Their goal is to kill Master?” Allen noted.
 
“Do you hear me, Master Jasdebi?” Rero told the twins.
 
“What the hell are you doing? Why are you targeting me?” the Golem wailed after the twins fired a barrage of bullets at it.
 
“You wanna know why, dumbass?” David threatened, poising his gun at the Golem.
 
“Want us to put some nice holes in that head of yours?” Jasdero added.
 
“No, thank you…” Rero sweated.
 
“We looked all over Edo and Cross is nowhere to be found, you worn-out piece of shit!” David retorted after Rero fled out of sight.
 
“What was that?” Lavi blinked.
 
“The Marshall has completely vanished?” Krory remarked.
 
Master… Allen pondered. Where the hell are you?
 
“The Earl of Millennium told us Cross may be coming after the Ark.” David informed the Golem.
 
“We figure he'll probably show up here, so we're waitin' for him!” Jasdero added.
 
“Get it?” David remarked. “We've got nothing to do while we wait, so…”
 
“And it's not like we're just messing around…” Jasdero added.
 
“Right?” the twins chorused.
 
“It's fine, isn't it? We're just killing time by messing with his pupil.” Jasdero pointed to Allen.
 
“Until he gets here, his pupil will entertain us.” David added. “Not only that, there's something I want him to do for us.”
 
“Something you want him to do?” Lavi echoed.
 
“What are you talking about?” Krory asked.
 
“Shall we let you in on it?” David challenged as Jasdero grinned. “I'm talking about…”
 
Insert dramatic pause.
 
“The bill that bastard Cross left for us! We'll make the pupil pay for his debts!” the twins fumed.
 
“D…” Krory blinked.
 
“Debts?” Lavi echoed.
 
“That's right.” Jasdero replied.
 
“That son of a bitch Cross…” David seethed.
 
“He left us a bunch of debts to deal with before running away!” the twins complained.
 
“We searched for him all over the world.” David added. “Then we finally found a clue to his whereabouts.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Found you Cross!” David declared, the twins kicking their way into a bar.
 
“Come out, come out, wherever you are!” Jasdero taunted.
 
“He realized we were here and made a break for it, huh?” David fumed after they found that the Marshall was gone.
 
“This is making my stomach hurt.” Jasdero complained.
 
“That's…” David blinked, noticing a note on the made bed.
 
“What is this?” he asked as he picked up the note. “Wait at the pub `Pig's Bit', signed Cross.
 
“What the hell?” Jasdero exclaimed.
 
Upon arriving at the pub…
 
“Cross!” the twins chorused, bursting into the bar.
 
“Get ready, Cross!” David announced.
 
“Your time's come!” Jasdero added.
 
“If he's callin' us out to a small bar like this, he must be trying to trick us by making us drunk.” David reasoned.
 
“Even though we're still underage!” Jasdero added. “If we get drunk, you'll be the one to get in trouble!”
 
“Cross?” David looked around after a moment's of silence.
 
“So you've finally arrived!” the bar owner beamed form behind them. “I've been waiting.
 
“Well now, come this way.” She added, taking the twins by their collars. “Reservation for two, let me lead you through!
 
“Well then I'll leave this to you.” She said, dragging the twins to the kitchen, a pile of dirty dishes and plates in front of the two Noahs.
 
“Are you freaking kidding me?” David exclaimed.
 
“There's no way we're doing crap like this.” He told the bar owner, pointing his gun at her back, his twin imitating him.
 
“Hurry and get Cross out here!” Jasdero ordered.
 
“Don't screw around with me.” The bar mistress fumed. “I can't bring him out!”
 
Showing them a note, she added, “Master Cross told me that the two in this picture would come here and work off his debts.
 
“Debts?” David echoed.
 
“Cross said…” Jasdero blinked as the bar mistress nodded.
 
“That we'd…” David added as the bar owner nodded once more.
 
“Pay off his debts?” Jasdero said, the pub mistress nodding again.
 
“Cross said…” David echoed.
 
“That we'd…” Jasdero repeated.
 
“Pay off…” David went over again.
 
“His debts?” Jasdero replicated.
 
“Cross said…” David echoed, the pub owner nodding vigorously.
 
“That bastard!” Jasdero cried out.
 
“Like we'd do that!” David agreed, kicking themselves out of the pub.
 
“We're not going to let you two get away.” Another pub mistress told the twins, as two more bar owner appeared behind them.
 
“Once you're done here, I'll have you come by my place.” Another added. “Here's your invoice.”
 
“The next place is mine.” The first bar owner remarked. “I'll be waiting for you.
 
“We'll have you work to the bone until Cross's tab is paid up.” The `Pig's Bit' pub mistress told the twins.
 
And because of that, the twin Noahs were forced to work to repay Marshall Cross's debts.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Even then, there was no end to the tabs he's amassed, and all the tabs were pushed onto us.” David narrated.
 
“Cross is as evil as an Akuma! Damnit!” he complained.
 
“This here is that freaking bill!” Jasdero bristled, pointing to the invoice in his hand.
 
“It totals one hundred guineas! We'll make you pay it all, Mr. Pupil!” David demanded.
 
“Being indebted to an enemy… what a situation.” Krory mused. “Come to think of it, I also had money taken by an enemy.”
 
“That'd make you angry for sure.” Lavi nodded.
 
A crash was heard behind the two.
 
“De…bt.” Allen stammered.
 
“What's wrong?” Krory blinked, a stone slab with the word `debt' curved on it crashing onto Allen's head.
 
“The word `debt' seems to have done some damage to our side, too!” Lavi noted in horror.
 
“Allen, you okay?” he asked, the younger Exorcist weighed down by the stone slab. “Hey, Allen!”
 
“Allen, hang in there!” he called out, as Allen crawled out from under the slab.
 
“Hundred… one hundred guineas… one hundred…” Allen mumbled.
 
“Get that rock outta here! Get away!” Lavi panicked.
 
“A hundred…” Allen muttered.
 
“Stop sayin' that, man. You're freakin' me out.” Lavi told the stunned Exorcist.
 
“Only…” Allen added. “It's only a hundred guineas, right?”
 
Lavi blinked before freaking out as demon horns grew on Allen's head.
 
”It's no more than a hundred guineas?” Allen mumbled, a murderous aura surrounded him as he smashed through the rock.
 
“Allen's turned black!” Lavi sweated.
 
“Who gives a shit about small change like that?” Allen muttered.
 
“What?” David gasped.
 
“Compared to my debts…” Allen continued.
 
“Exactly how much did this kid have to pay off?” Lavi mused in horror.
 
“I've had much crueler experiences.” Allen replied.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Master, I've returned.” Allen called out, entering the room with a bag of groceries.
“This is…” he blinked, noticing a note on the table. “Wait at the pub `Cow's Sigh'.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Our experience is exactly the same!” David replied.
 
“That's the frivolity of an amateur for you.” Allen told the twins. “That lady wasn't just a barmaid.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Are you Cross's proxy?” a huge man asked the youngster once Allen arrived at the pub.
 
Allen blinked when he found himself surrounded by a horde of seamen.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Likewise, the amount on the tabs weren't nearly as small as yours.” Allen told the twins.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“I get it!” Allen tried to pacify the outraged sailors. “I'll do it! I'm used to a bit of manual labor here and there.
 
“Here and there huh?” one of the sailors mocked.
 
By the time Allen found out what he was supposed to do, it was already too late.
 
No resting allowed!” the crew leader ordered, cracking his whip at the newest oar roller.
 
“Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho!” the rest of the rollers chorused as they rolled the oars of the ship. “Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho!”
 
“Roll faster!” the crew leader ordered, cracking his whip.
 
“Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho!” the rest of the rollers increased their pace. “Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho!
 
“No!” Allen wailed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Inhuman…” Krory noted.
 
“But after doing that kind of labor, you must have made at least a million.” Lavi pointed out.
 
“Even after all that work, I owned just as much at the end of the day due to my eating habits.” Allen reminded.
 
“Quite remarkable determination…” Krory remarked.
 
“I pity him.” Lavi agreed.
 
“One hundred guineas is nothing.” Allen commented. “Compare to the amount of debt I've had to pay off, it's just pocket change.”
 
“Pocket change?” David exclaimed.
 
“I'll kill, kill, kill any guy who says something like that!” Jasdero fumed.
 
“And for the record, Master isn't like an Akuma at all.” Allen corrected.
 
“Allen.” Lenalee smiled.
 
“His heart's so big!” Chaoji agreed. “Will he defend his Master no matter what happens to him?”
 
“That man…” Allen replied. “Master is a genuine Akuma! When you finally find him, you'd better be prepared for nothing less than that!”
 
Everyone else sweatdropped.
 
“Shut the hell up!” David hollered. “You think I give a damn about your debts?”
 
“You're gonna pay off every penny of ours!” Jasdero agreed.
 
“Forget about anyone else's debts… I'm already having enough trouble with my own!” Allen retorted as he attacked the twins with his claw.
 
“I'm telling ya, you'll pay it off!” David told him as the twins leapt off the ledge to dodge the attack.
 
“Never!” Allen snapped, dodging the ice bullet fired at him.
 
“Resume the war!” Lavi remarked, jumping into the battle.
 
Allen dodged a fireball thrown at him, Krory jumping to avoid the blast. The vampire-like Exorcist then dodged an ice bullet fired at him. The twin fired an ice bullet before using a fire bullet to propel themselves into the air
 
Lavi used his hammer to knock away the two fireballs coming towards him.
 
“Edge End!” Allen unleashed his attack at the twins.
 
“Whoa! Close call!” David remarked, dodging the attack with his twin.
 
“Persistent punks.” He muttered, landing back on the ledge that was the gateway. “Jasdero!”
 
“Red Bomb!” the twins fired their flame bullet at the two non-fighters, surrounding them in a circle of fire.
 
“Lenalee!” Allen gasped.
 
“Mr. Pupil!” the twins chuckled.
 
“Burn! Burn!” David grinned. “If you don't want your two precious friends to be reduced to ashes…”
 
“You'll pay off the debt?” Jasdero asked.
 
“You're still completely stuck on that?” Allen demanded.
 
“Hot!” Chaoji gasped, shielding his eyes from the heat.
 
“I'm coming to save…” Allen called out, rushing towards the non-fighters.
 
“Ah! Hot!” Krory gasped, reaching the pair first, the edge of his coat catching fire. “Such fierce heat!”
 
“Reduced to ashes.” Jasdero grinned.
 
“That's…” David smirked at his twin, noticing the key in Allen's back pocket.
 
“Got ya!” Lavi's cry alerted the twins. “Direct Fire Seal!”
 
“Blue Bomb!” the twins fired their ice bullets at the hammer.
 
“Tricked ya!” Lavi grinned, crashing his ice coated hammer onto the ceiling, causing the ice chucks to fall onto the fire circle, putting out the fire.
 
“Thank you, Lavi!” Lenalee beamed.
 
“Sure!” the Bookman-in-training saluted.
 
“Now that's just irritating.” David muttered. “Jasdero, since it's come to this…”
 
“You can have this back!” Krory interrupted the sentence, tossing one of the remaining ice blocks back at the twins.
 
“White Bomb!” the twin Noahs fired their vanishing bullet at the ice block.
 
“Hell yeah!” David grinned. “That kind of thing's nothing we can't handle.”
 
“You two were careless.” Allen reminded, appearing behind them, ready to attack. “I'm taking your back!”
 
“Let's use that, Jasdero!” David told his twin as they dodged the attack.
 
“Edge End!” Allen's claw came crashing down at them.
 
“Purple Bomb!” the twins fired another kind of bullet at Allen.
 
As the smoke cleared, Allen blinked when he saw that the twins were replaced by puppet replicas.
 
“Yay! We got ya, dumbass!” the twins cheered after the smoke died down, as some circus balls floated in the air.
 
“What the…” Lavi blinked in confusion.
 
“We've attached what we call Deceiving Spectacles on your eyes.” David explained as the group found themselves with purple eye-masks over their eyes.
 
“You're no longer able to see our true form!” Jasdero added.
 
“Jeez, where the hell did they go?” Lavi hissed.
 
“Guys, look at the floor!” Lenalee suddenly gasped, the smoke clearing to reveal the floor carpeted with keys.
 
“Keys?” Krory blinked, as the circus balls dropped to the ground.
 
“What's with this mountain of keys?” Chaoji wondered. “When did they get here?”
 
“These keys…” Lenalee realized. “They're exactly the same as the one we have.”
 
“Damnit!” Lavi gasped, understanding what Lenalee was implying. “Allen! Do you have our key?”
 
“It should be in my pocket.” Allen replied, his hand feeling for the key. “It's gone! It can't be! It fell out of my pocket!”
 
“We noticed you had that key on you.” David replied as the twins laughed.
 
“Too bad for you.” He mocked, letting the original key drop to the ground.
 
“Your precious key to the exit has been hidden.” Jasdero ridiculed.
 
“Lavi! Krory!” Lenalee called out as she and Chaoji ran to the pair.
 
“Our situation just keeps getting worse.” Krory remarked.
 
“What is this?” Allen asked, jumping down from the ledge.
 
“You've pissed us off.” David added, raising his gun.
 
“Everyone in this room will die.” Jasdero promised, following his twin's example.
 
“Why? Why am I included in this?” Rero whined.
 
“Both the enemy's true form and the key are gone huh?” Lavi mused. “This isn't good.”
 
Just what is this Noah's ability? Allen wondered.
 
Around them, the twins laughed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: All I can say after this episode is: Poor Allen. Other than that, read and review.