Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Bad Game ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 34 goes up. This is Chapter 35. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 35: Bad Game
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“I can't get this eye paint off at all!” Lavi complained, trying to wipe the purple pain off.
 
“Don't rub it off my clothes, you enemy bastard!” Chaoji glared at Rero.
 
“Why? Why did they get me too?” the Golem whined.
 
“Damn. What vexing opponents.” Krory hissed.
 
“I'm sorry.” Allen muttered. “Losing the key will haunt me forever.”
 
“Don't get so depressed, Allen.” Lenalee consoled. “They called this eye paint Deceiving Spectacles, right?”
 
“Yeah.” Allen replied.
 
“These keys all over the floor are the exact same shape and weight as ours, but they should just be an illusion.” Lenalee noted. “In reality, only a single key has fallen to the floor. We only believe the key's hidden within this mountain because our eyes are being deceived, right?”
 
I see. Lavi mused.
 
“Bullseye!” Jasdero grinned.
 
“Before any of you can reach the exit, we'll eliminate you.” David added. “The real key's right here. It's sittin' all alone on the floor.”
 
“If you want it, come take it!” Jasdero taunted. “Though, since you've been hit by the Deceiving Spectacles, you see things like this.”
 
“Son of a bitch!” Lavi hissed.
 
“As long as your eyes are being completely fooled,” David remarked.
 
“No one inside the illusion,” Jasdero added.
 
“Will be able to see Jasdebi's body!” the twins chorused.
 
“Damnit!” Allen hissed.
 
“It's time…” David grinned.
 
“To die!” Jasdero finished the sentence and the twins fired their guns.
 
The Exorcist group grimaced as fireballs clashed into them.
 
“Mr. Chaoji!” Lenalee gasped, when Chaoji was hit by the real fireball. “This is bad! His back's been terribly burnt!”
 
“Are you alright, Chaoji?” Lavi asked.
 
“Damnit!” Allen cried out.
 
“Crown Edge!” he released his attack. “You're still in this room, aren't you? In that case, I'll just sniff you out!”
 
“Like you can hit us, fool!” David mocked when Allen's attack missed completely.
 
“Green Bomb!” the twins fired another type of bullet right in Allen's face.
 
“Allen!” Lavi sweatdropped when the younger Exorcist was trapped inside a pile of green slime.
 
“I can't breath!' Allen choked.
 
“Hold on! I'm getting' you outta there!” Lavi rushed in to rescue Allen. “Fire Seal!”
 
“We can see the attacks, but can't tell where they're coming from.” Chaoji remarked as Lavi's flames burnt off the slime glob.
 
“What on earth should we…” Lenalee wondered.
 
“Krory?” she blinked at the vampire-like Exorcist.
 
“Please be a bit quieter, Miss.” Krory hushed her.
 
“Allen, I'll be sure to beat these Deceiving Spectacles.” Lavi told him. “Until I find the real key, can you protect Crow, Lenalee and Chaoji for me?”
 
“Yeah, but how will you find it?” Allen asked.
 
“That's my specialty.” Lavi smirked. “With just one glance, all its scratches, stains, and even its fading gilded pattern were imprinted in my head.” Lavi elaborated. “There's no way glasses like these could outwit a Bookman's successor.”
 
“Awesome!” Allen nodded. “You've got one minute to find it!”
 
“There's no freaking way.” Lavi sweatdropped.
 
“When you find the key, take Chaoji and Lenalee and head for the door.” Allen instructed. “I'll throw Krory straight to the door, too. I'm counting on you, Lavi.”
 
“Allen!” Lavi called out as Allen leapt back into battle.
 
“Blue Bomb!” the twins fired their ice bullet, knocking Allen back.
 
“Allen!” Lavi gasped.
 
“Find the key, Lavi!” Allen shouted from inside the ice prison.
 
“I heard that, brat.” Krory retorted, breaking Allen free. “You're going to throw me out of here, are you?”
 
“You heard that?” Allen sweatdropped.
 
“Zounds! Whether it be the redhead or those Noah brats, you're all nothing but impertinent imps!” Krory scolded, tossing Allen into a bookshelf.
 
“Did you have to get so angry, Krory?” Allen complained.
 
“You bastard! White-haired punk! That hurt!” Jasdero whined.
 
“I'll kick the shit outta you!” David swore.
 
“Jasdebi?” Allen blinked.
 
“Get down, kid!” Krory shouted a warning.
 
Allen ducked as the vampire-like Exorcists crashed his hand into the bookshelf.
 
“Kro…ry…” Allen gasped.
 
“They evaded it, huh?” Krory snorted. “I should have thrown you a bit harder.”
 
“You can see Jasdebi's body?” Allen asked.
 
“I can't.” Krory replied. “But somehow, I can feel them. My blood is boiling, making me want to bite them to death.”
 
“That's not something a human would say, Krory.” Allen sweatdropped.
 
“Move as I direct, Allen.” Krory instructed, revealing a clamp of Jasdero's hair in his hand. “We'll take these brats down.”
 
“Hair!” Allen realized as Jasdero's hair fell to the ground.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Aside…
 
Dero's golden locks… Jasdero wept.
 
That old vampire dude seemed to know where we were. David thought to his twin. Jasdero, forget about your curls and get a grip.
 
Dero's hair! Jasdero wailed.
 
I'll but you a replacement. David told his twin. Let's go wild, Jasdero!
 
Really? Jasdero asked.
 
David's smirked widened, Yeah.
 
“Right on time!” Jasdero quipped as the twins dodged Krory's sudden attack.
 
“You won't escape!” Krory called out, going after them as the twins fired a bullet at him.
 
Krory smirked as he hung onto a shelf to avoid the attack.
 
“No way! He's actually running along a bookshelf! Incredible!” the twins exclaimed.
 
“Allen! They're right in front of you!” Krory warned, skidding to a stop on the top.
 
At Krory's call, Allen crashed the two Noahs into the bookshelf as Krory dashed downwards.
 
“I can't see them, but I can definitely feel them.” Allen noted, grasping two shadows in his hands. “What an odd sensation.”
 
They are not screaming. He realized.
 
“What's wrong, brats?” Krory asked. “You're surprisingly quiet.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile…
 
“Wood Seal.” Lavi muttered. “Wind!”
 
Summoning a whirlwind, the Bookman-in-training pulled the keys into the hurricane.
 
“The mountain of keys is getting sucked in!” Rero wailed.
 
“Hurry Lavi!” Allen called out.
 
“There's no way I'll stand getting held back here.” Krory agreed.
 
“Future Bookman with eyes that record all, please find the true key hidden from us!” Allen remarked.
 
“The mountain of keys has vanished!” Lenalee gasped as the wind died down. “Lavi!”
 
Inside the whirlwind, the Bookman-in-training focused on finding the real key.
 
Let's see now… this method won't exactly do the job in an instant, but… Lavi thought.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile…
 
“What?” David asked, still held in Allen's chokehold. “Is that guy a member of the Bookman Clan?”
 
They finally spoke. Allen blinked.
 
“Oh? No wonder.” David mused. “So he's on your side now?”
 
“But that redhead reminds me of Cross and I get all worked up!” Jasdero whined.
 
“Right! Damnit! Now I'm all pissed!” David agreed.
 
“Dero's getting all mucky!” Jasdero exclaimed. “My hatred for Cross has sullied my pure heart!”
 
“His pupil refuses to pay the money, too!” David concurred.
 
“Pay up, you stupid pupil!” Jasdero fumed.
 
“Who's paying what now?” Allen demanded.
 
“Don't even bother, Allen.” Krory told him. “It's about time we deliver the finishing blow. Keep a firm grip on those brats!”
 
“Ah, right.” Allen nodded at the fired up Exorcist.
 
“Gettin' mucky!” Jasdero chimed.
 
Allen then screamed as a mucky pile of something grabbed his arms.
 
“What the…” Krory gasped as the mud-like pile rushed towards him, taking Allen along with him.
 
“What the hell is this?” Allen demanded.
 
“My fangs are useless!” Krory added. “Let us go!”
 
“Stupid idiots!” David mocked.
 
“Swallow them whole, Jasdebi's hate!” the twins chorused.
 
“No way.” Allen gasped as the muddy pile opened its `mouth' to swallow them.
 
“Allen! Krory!” Lenalee gaped as the pair was taken into the muddy monster.
 
“Miss Lenalee!” Chaoji called out as the former Exorcist rushed to help.
 
“Allen!” Lenalee cried from outside.
 
“Lenalee.” Allen choked. “Stay back!”
 
“Move!” Lenalee ordered her legs when she collapsed to the ground. “Move! You're my legs! Move!”
 
“Can't move?” David mocked, as the twins took the immobilized girl hostage. “Perfect. Seems the vampire there knows where we are.”
 
“So you'll become our shield.” Jasdero grinned.
 
“Got ourselves a princess!” the twins chorused and fired their bullets.
 
“Get away from her.” Allen demanded, bursting out. “Get the hell away from Lenalee!”
 
Oh? Hit a nerve, did we? David smirked. “Bring it, Mr. Pupil!”
 
“Allen!” Lenalee gasped, trapped inside a rubber bubble.
 
“We'll give you a much more difficult present!” David grinned, the twins jumping to avoid Allen's attack, taking Lenalee with them.
 
“Back then, when he was laughing a lot, he was actually a really freaking pissed off Earl of Millennium!” the twins chorused, firing their bullets as a Earl of Millennium popped out right in front of Allen.
 
“Earl?” Allen gasped, raising his Crown Belt to defend himself.
 
His strength is real enough. He realized, jumping off the replica Earl's back to avoid the head-on blast.
 
“No more! I can't take any of this!” he cried out, blocking the replica's sword.
 
That's not really Master Earl. Rero grinned. That's a clone created by Master Jasdebi's memories from the time he laughed a lot, but was actually a `really freaking pissed off Earl of Millennium'! That's pair's ability is materialization! When the thoughts of both Master Jasdero and Master David are the same, they can materialize what they envisioned, turning imagination into reality.
 
“Let me out!” Lenalee demanded. “Let me out of this thing!”
 
“Scary!” Jasdero exclaimed.
 
David scolded, “Shut your freaking trap! You're just a woman! Honestly, we couldn't care less about the rest of you. The only one we want to face is Allen Walker so keep your mouth shut like a good tool. Wanna be erased too?”
 
“David!” Jasdero wailed as Lenalee landed a punch on David's face.
 
“You people treat human life as if it was your toy.” Lenalee muttered. “You're nothing but children. Even though you're about the same age as us, you try to act so cool, just like idiots. All you do is mess around like little kids! Compare to Allen, who knows the value of life, you two are much, much weaker!”
 
“Lenalee!” Allen gasped. “Please get out of my way, Earl. In that case, Cross Grave!”
 
Allen jumped back to avoid getting caught in the explosion.
 
I landed a direct hit, but it still had no effect. He realized, standing his ground to avoid getting blown back by aftershock of the replica's sword.
 
“Lardarse!” Krory hissed.
 
“Edge End!” Allen quickly followed up Krory's attack, only to be electrocuted by the replica and sent crashing into a bookshelf.
 
“I don't know the trick behind it, but they really brought out a tough one.” Allen admitted.
 
“Shit.” Krory cursed. “To me beaten by someone who looks like that is so humiliating…”
 
“The fact that it's not the real Earl doesn't mean it won't kill you if you let your guard down!” Rero mocked.
 
“Ah, so it really isn't him.” Allen and Krory noted.
 
“That thing's a nuisance, but we'll find a way to save Lenalee somehow.” Krory remarked.
 
“Here he comes!” the two commented.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Lenalee…
 
“I'm not about to let you belittle us for a second time.” David told the trapped female. “What's goin' on here? I thought Allen was stronger than us? Look at that, seem's he's about to be done in.”
 
“He's being overwhelmed!” Jasdero mocked as both Allen and Krory battled with the replica Earl of Millennium.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
 
“What are you doing, brat?” Krory rebuked after the two were thrown against a bookshelf. “Weren't you going to hurry up to our princess's rescue?”
 
“Then get the Earl off my back, will you?” Allen requested.
 
“Sorry.” Krory replied. “I'm giving it all I've got.”
 
Allen, Krory, is this really all you have? Athena's voice sounded in their minds.
 
“This…” Allen gasped.
 
“Athena!” Krory realized.
 
Do not forget that, you are not alone in this war. I too, stand behind all of you in this battle. Athena reminded them.
 
The two Exorcists nodded and stood back up.
 
“Let's do something about this.” Krory remarked.
 
“Yeah.” Allen agreed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Lenalee…
 
“He'll definitely come.” Lenalee muttered. “He may not look the part, but he's got superhuman abilities. He'll come here and defeat you juvenile punks!”
 
“What?” Jasdero blinked as a blinding light shone from the gateway.
 
“Lavi!” Allen beamed as the Deceiving Spectacles were removed. “He found the key!”
 
At that, the four gates opened.
 
“Is that the next door?” Lenalee wondered.
 
“We can see you!” Allen hissed after the Jasdebi's illusions wore off, both him and Krory giving the twins a punch each.
 
“Hey, why didn't you use your left hand?” Krory asked.
 
“My claws won't allow me to make a fist.” Allen replied. “I wanted to pay them back for hitting Lenalee.”
 
“I feel a bit better for the time being.” Both Exorcists chorused.
 
“I still don't understand the trick they used against us, but compared to it, they're much easier opponents.” Krory admitted. “Brats.”
 
“Sorry Lenalee.” Allen apologized. “I'll get you out now.”
 
“I'm sorry I got caught.” Lenalee replied.
 
Then she gasped, “Allen.”
 
“Calling us brats over and over again.” the twins muttered. “You wouldn't be belittling us now, would you? Playtime is over. It's time to finish you off for real.”
 
“What's goin' on?” Lavi blinked.
 
“It's almost like the air is heavier.” Allen remarked.
 
“Get Lenalee out of there quickly, Allen.” Krory told the younger Exorcist. “Damn, I'm tired. With the abilities these Noah have, there's no telling what may come next. If you think they're still messing around, you'll end up dead. Brats are so hard to handle; I hate it.”
 
Cue in carnival music.
 
“Once, there was a single candle, but in that candle hid another. One became two. A single candle, hidden within the mist and a single star, rocking in the grave as the mist fades away.” The twins sang as they fired their guns at each other.
 
“They shot each other!” Allen gasped.
 
“Their shadows are combining!” Lenalee realized, seeing the twins' shadows turn in liquid, merging together in a black whirlpool.
 
“Please be careful, Krory.” Allen advised.
 
“I wonder what will appear before us next? I'm looking forward to it.” Krory snorted.
 
“Allen! Krory!” Lavi shouted a warning. “Above you!”
 
“Crow…” he gasped when Krory was pulled back into a bookshelf by an invisible force.
 
“Noah's memories…” the now combined Jasdebi stated. “Skinn was wrath. Tyki is pleasure. Road's dreams. And we are…bonds. We were born as one.”
 
“Krory….” Allen paled.
 
“Who are you?” Lavi asked.
 
“We,” the Jasdebi twins chorused. “Jasdero and David, are actually a single Noah. I'm Jasdebi.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: And Jasdebi finally emerges their ass and Krory takes the combined Noah on. Will our favorite vampire Exorcist win this one? Stay tuned to find out. In the meantime, read and review.