Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Critical Point ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 39 goes up. This is Chapter 40. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers I don't own Sailor Moon and D. Grey-man since if I did own them both, the Planetary Senshi will have equal footing as Sailor Moon and the Allen/Lenalee pairing would be canon. But you don't see that happening do you? However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 40: Critical Point
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Allen-kun…” Lenalee muttered.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in Lavi's mind…
 
“Lenalee!” Lavi cried out. “Wake up! Lenalee!”
 
“You're the one who should wake up.” the Bookman part of Lavi remarked. “Isn't, that's just part of the history?”
 
“Did you forget that I taught you to be a bystander in all things?” Bookman reminded him. “To not belong to anything, and be the one who records all things with fair, and unbiased eyes?”
 
“Don't put your heart in a part of history and get distracted, Lavi.” Lavi's Bookman half told him.
 
No… Lavi realized.
 
“This isn't reality.” He added. “I have to get out of here. I won't be misled.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Outside…
 
“Thought you'd react like that.” Road smirked.
 
She then turned when she heard Lenalee's kicks.
 
“Lenalee-san!” Chaoji muttered. “It's too late now! if you keep trying, your legs will be damaged.”
 
“But…” Lenalee replied.
 
Chaoji then stood up, punching the dice, taking over from where Lenalee stopped.
 
“Damn it!” he cursed.
 
“Stop it, your hands!” Lenalee gasped.
 
“It's not very convincing when you say it, Lenalee-san.” Chaoji told her, and continued banging on the dice.
 
“It's pointless, Rero. Even the Exorcist couldn't break in, there's no way a mere human can do it, Rero.” Rero quipped.
 
“Shut up!” Chaoji demanded. “Why… why aren't I strong enough?”
 
“Chaoji…” Lenalee muttered.
 
“Hahaha! That's why I'm saying, Rero. Humans are stupid, Rero.” Rero laughed. “Right Road-sama?”
 
“Road-sama?” the Golem sweatdropped when Road did not answer.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
I'm amazed, but… Tyki noted. Turning your arm into a sword, that's against the rules. And that sword…
 
“Power!” Allen said. “More power! We're getting out of here, Crown Clown!”
 
“Won't let you!” Tyki retorted, powering up an energy ball, only to have Allen use his blade to cut through the vacuum.
 
“What happened, Tyki?” Road asked as Tyki was thrown back out of his vacuum.
 
“Ripley's Believe It or Not.” Tyki replied.
 
“Huh?” Road blinked.
 
“But it's so unbelievable, it's laughable.” Tyki added. “Did I wake something terrible up…?”
 
The smoke cleared and Allen stepped out, his board sword in hand and Athena's image manifesting behind him.
 
Remember this Allen. Athena told him. First you must decide; then you must follow through. That's the only way things can be accomplished.
 
“Thank you, Ami-sempai.” Allen whispered.
 
That sword… Road gaped, her eyes widening when she recalled the Earl of Millennium having the same blade. Now.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lenalee-san?” Chaoji blinked when Lenalee cupped her ear.
 
What's this… Lenalee wondered. Feeling? Why do I feel a power from Allen-kun so large that it's frightening?
 
“I'll protect them.” Allen declared.
 
“You…” Tyki hissed, summoning his Golem as a shield to guard against Allen's attack.
 
“Why do you try so hard?” the Noah asked.
 
“You guys should understand it, too.” Allen replied. “You should have something you want to protect as well!”
 
Tyki's eyes widened as Allen hit a spot.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
The human Tyki was working in the mine.
 
“Eez!” he called out when he hit upon something.
 
“Here.” He tossed a rock to the child.
 
It's a pretty rock!” one of the miners awed. “Good for ya, Eez.”
 
“Yea.” The child nodded. “Thank you, Tyki.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
The Tyki now was in his Noah form, fighting a stickle-wielding Exorcist with an equipment-type Innocence. Jumping up to avoid getting hit, the Noah then appeared behind the Exorcist, plunging a hand into his heart. After killing the Exorcist, Tyki retrieved the button.
 
“And then yeah,” one of the miners narrated as Eez laid out his collection. “You really gotta laugh.”
 
“Hahaha!” the human Tyki laughed along with his miner companions.
 
“By the way, Tyki.” One of them added. “Did you think about the thing?”
 
“Oh yeah.” Tyki replied.
 
“This place is done.” Another remarked. “All we get are junk rocks. By the way this is going, even our wages look suspicious.
 
“The terms are good, yeah?” Tyki asked.
 
“The overseer's an old friend of mine.” The other supplied. “I got through with the terms.”
 
“No reason to oppose it, then.” Tyki commented. “Besides, this place is too hard for him.”
 
A phone ring interrupted their conversation and Tyki went to pick up the call.
 
“Okay, okay.” He nodded, answering the phone.
 
“Yep.” He replied, after a while.
 
“The secret part-time job again?” one of his companions guessed, after Tyki put down the phone.
 
“Yeah, sorry.” Tyki replied.
 
“Tyki…” Eez ran to the man.
 
“Well.” The two miners stood up. “We're gonna go back to work. Let's go, Eez.
 
“Please, come back as soon as possible.” Eez requested.
 
“Yeah.” Tyki replied.
 
At his reply, the child ran off.
 
“Tyki!” Road rebuked, snapping him out of his thoughts. “Tyki!”
 
“What's wrong, Tyki?” the girl asked, handing him his top hat. “You're spacing out.
 
“No, it's nothing.” Tyki replied.
 
“You always take that thing.” Road noted after Tyki retrieved another button from a dead Exorcist. “What do you use it for?”
 
“Does it really matter? I'm going.” Tyki replied.
 
“It doesn't really matter, but…” Road pointed out. “I know, Tyki. You mingle with humans and dig holes. Don't you think you're a little too close to the humans?
 
“You can go now, Tyki.” She let out a smile. “But make sure you come back!”
 
“Yeah.” Tyki replied.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Something I want to protect huh…” Tyki echoed. “It's not that I don't have any. But sometimes, it really… doesn't matter anymore!”
 
At that, he knocked Allen back.
 
“It becomes so fun to destroy, to kill.” Tyki added. “So much that I can't help it. That is me, the Noah who holds the memory of Pleasure, Tyki Mikk, boy.”
 
“You should leave, Tyki Mikk!” Allen warned.
 
“What?” Tyki echoed, only to be met by Allen's outraged attack.
 
“No matter how many times you try…” he told the Exorcist as he blocked Allen's attack.
 
“Wrong!” Allen retorted, smashing through Tyki's shield. Not giving the Noah a chance to retaliate, Allen then slashed through Tyki.
 
“Rero!” Rero wailed.
 
“Tyki!” Road gasped.
 
“We did it!” Chaoji whooped.
 
That Allen-kun, who was suffering so much to fight with humans even with Noah, that gentle person… Lenalee thought. Cut Noah? Without hesitation?
 
“What is the meaning of this?” Tyki asked, noticing that his body was unscathed. “I'm not dead. But I did feel pain. But I'm not cut. What did you do, boy?”
 
“It's not a trick.” Allen replied. “The thing I cut isn't the flesh.”
 
Tyki stiffened when he saw a ring of light Stigmata surround his body, before coughing out blood.
 
“What I destroyed was your…” Allen added.
 
The Noah inside me! Tyki realized, screaming in pain as the Noah within him was exorcized.
 
The thing that was destroyed is the Noah that lives within us. Road gaped in apprehension.
 
“To let the human live.” Allen continued. “And destroy only the Akuma. That is the power of Crown Clown and me. Ami-sempai has awoken that power.”
 
It won't take our lives but it destroys the Noah within us. Road noted. That is the true power of Crown Clown. Does this mean that it's an anti-Akuma Innocence to exorcise only God's enemy? No, I can feel Athena's power within it. Is that Athena's wish? Is that Allen's wish as well? You must really be a clown, to shout love amidst the battle.
 
“Are you watching, Earl of Millennium?” she added. “That is the pierrot that you failed to turn into an Akuma.”
 
“Are you saying that you're going to take the Noah from me, boy?” Tyki mumbled, the Noah within him being forced out. “You won't kill me, but just the Noah.”
 
“You're too optimistic.” He laughed. “This is just your egoism.”
 
“Whatever you say.” Allen retorted, poising his blade at the Noah's throat. “I've made up my mind to carry the burden. This is also Athena's will.”
 
Tyki! Road realized what Allen was about to do and rushed to stop him.
 
“Road-sama!” Rero gasped when road leapt off.
 
Tyki raised a hand to stop her.
 
“No.” he told her. The black and white me, they're both me. It's fun because I have both. But… what if one of them was gone? Maybe it'll become easier. Nah, it'll just get boring.
 
“Exit form this war, Tyki Mikk!” Allen declared, running his sword into the Noah.
 
“Too bad, boy.” Tyki choked. “Sorry, Road.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Here.” The human Tyki tossed a button to Eez.
 
“Thanks, Tyki.” The child replied.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Eez, Momo, no souvenir… Tyki thought as Allen withdrew his blade.
 
“Tyki…” Road gaped as Tyki's Stigmata marks disappeared.
 
“The Stigmata's gone, Rero!” Rero exclaimed.
 
“Tyki's Noah disappeared. My family…” Road mumbled in shock.
 
“Yes…!” Chaoji's frown turned into a smile.
 
“He destroyed the Noah!” Lenalee gasped in disbelief.
 
“Oh yeah!” Chaoji whopped. “He defeated the enemy, the Akuma! Yahoo!”
 
His victory was cut short when Road's candles pierced through his back.
 
“Chaoji!” Lenalee exclaimed in horror.
 
“Don't move.” Road warned as Allen turned. “One move and I'll stab all of you.”
 
Lenalee gasped when she saw that the dice was surrounded by Road's candles, the pointed tips pointing towards them.
 
“Allen, with Crown Clown probably won't die with something like this, but…” Road threatened as Allen found himself surrounded by the Noah's candles. “Everyone but Allen will probably die. I like Allen, but…”
 
Picking up Tyki, she added, “My family's special to me too. This feeling's probably the same as you, Allen.”
 
“Don't move!” she warned, sensing Allen was about to inch away. “I'm really pissed off right now. Do you want to see your friends' bodies get punched with holes?”
 
“Chaoji!” Lenalee gasped at the collapsed human. “Chaoji!”
 
“”But that's not enough, is it?” Road added. “My precious family was turned into this. I'll have to punish one of your friends, Allen. That redhead; he's called Lavi, isn't he? His mind is inside me right now. I'll rip his mind into shreds.”
 
“Stop!” Allen shouted.
 
“Don't move, Allen.” Road warned. “Your left eyes remembers just how painful my candles are, right? If you don't want that human and that pretty Lenalee turn into an unbearable mess, just wait as Lavi gets broken by me.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Lavi's mind…
 
“I have to get out of here.” Lavi remarked.
 
A coffin then opened as Krory stepped out.
 
“Kuro-chan!” Lavi blinked.
 
Beside him, Kanda broke out of his coffin, Marie and Miranda following suit. One by one, the rest of the Order climbed out of their graves.
 
“Lavi…!” their disembodied voices chorused. “Lavi! Lavi…!”
 
“No, this is an illusion.” Lavi told himself.
 
“Yes, an illusion.” Bookman replied. “All of this is nothing more than the shape of history we have recorded. Just the ink on paper named people. Ink doesn't talk to the writer. Do you feel hurt every time you write with ink?”
 
“Even when you're an illusion, you're an annoying, old man.” Lavi retorted.
 
“I am created after your memory, after all.” Bookman chuckled. “But the reason you find me annoying is because you don't consider these people as ink. What is our clan's duty, Lavi?”
 
“Stop it.” Lavi demanded.
 
“No matter what we must give up, we are Bookman who live outside the world's rules.” Bookman reminded.
 
“You really are freaking annoying!” Lavi retorted.
 
“Lavi…” Lenalee muttered in his arms. “Am I still…”
 
“Within this world?” she asked, brandishing a dagger.
 
Lavi jumped back to avoid her attack.
 
“Lavi, why?” Lenalee asked, the redhead's hair-band cut off. “Are you abandoning us? Are you saying we aren't your friends? We aren't just ink on paper!”
 
Lavi dodged every attack thrown at him.
 
“Lavi.” Lenalee approached. “Aren't we friends? Don't abandon us! Lavi!”
 
Illusion, this is all an illusion. Lavi told himself.
 
“I think I have taught you the techniques to live through this.” Bookman told him.
 
Don't rely on the vision. Lavi said to himself. Throw away the eyes and keep cool.
 
Bookman grinned as a dagger materialized in Lavi's hand.
 
“Cut them, Lavi!” he ordered.
 
Without hesitation, Lavi leapt into battle.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: Allen succeeds in exorcizing the Noah within Tyki… or not. In the next chapter, Lavi's Bookman self takes control. What will happen to our favorite Bookman? Stay tuned to find out. In the meantime, read and review.