Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/01/2007 Completed 12/01/2007
Chapter 1
Ranma stepped into a large room, filled lounge chairs, brown leather sofas and covered wall-to-wall with paintings of Ranma and a beautiful Asian woman in various poses of familiarity. The room glowed with an amber light, the results of strategically placed candles bringing a sense of calm to Ranma's frayed nerves.
“Ahh, Ranma-kun you're here early,” The voice came from the woman the paintings were obviously based on.
Ranma's eyes twinkled with a warm light, his features completely obscured. “That's because I have a mission tonight, but I've still got a couple hours to kill. You up for company?”
The woman's sheer blue gown danced like a ghost as she touched a delicate finger to her chin in thought. “I suppose, I could pencil you in tonight,” she kidded, moving closer to him, her movements were so graceful it was like she was gliding.
“Oh, most gracious!” Ranma teased, embracing his wife of a month and a half with a tender hug.
 
Shao Kahn fitted his jacket while awaiting the arrival of his best ninja, Mist. Ever since he had seen Ranma battle the Ashura and Winged Minotaur, he had deemed to have him as his Knight in the game of multi-realm chess.
A knock at the large, wooden double doors brought Shao Kahn back to the present. “Enter,” Whoever was interrupting his musings had better be prepared to face his wrath as Mist never knocked, instead appearing within and giving a light cough to announce himself.
Sure enough, the young woman in Purple satin was not Ranma, in either form (that had taken some getting used to) but rather his ill begotten clone of Kitana, princess of Netherrealm. She bowed reverently. `She had better!' he thought haughtily, after all he held her life in his hands and could take it at any moment. “What need have you of me, Mileena?”
“Forgive my intrusion, father, but I was wondering if I would given too Ranma as a boon?” She had heard the noises her sister's husband could force out; with her room being a wall away from Kitana's, she had certainly been able to hear her sister's cries of ecstasy and fulfillment.
“You want me to give you as a boon to Ranma? I only gave him Kitana to keep her from turning coat and trying to kill me. What need have you of a husband anyway, Tarkatan?” His words forced the young (looking anyway) woman to grimace. It was her Tarkatan background that made her considered as a failure; it wasn't her fault they used such an atrocious body as a template, but now she was stuck with a monsters face.
“Thank you for taking the time to listen to me,” Mileena groveled, kowtowing at her father's feet.
 
Mist traveled through the halls, walking in the visible spectrum for a change. He had grown complacent in his time dealing with Saffron and gotten to like the feeling of not having to worry about enemies trying their best to rip your spine out and feed on its fluids. But tat was another story altogether.
A hand landed on his shoulder, sending alarms ringing worse than when he Goro gave him hugs. There was only one man that could not only approach with out Ranma detecting him but set his nerves on fire, too.
“Mist, I'm so glad to see you again,” came a tinny voice; the sneer was so thick Ranma could taste it.
Ranma did not turn to acknowledge the man behind him, instead he called out to a man who he could respect. “Shang Tsung!”
A spindly an with long flowing white hair paused from his journey to wherever and came to greet Ranma. “Mist, I'm glad to see you're still alive and in one piece. I heard about your battle with the Phoenix-god, Saffron.”
Mist gave a short nod. “I was wondering when I could begin learning your sorcery style?”
“What would a common ninja want to learn sorcery for?” came the sneering voice of mechanical man to Ranma's left.
Without warning Ranma threw a kunai through Cyrax chest, causing a rainbow of sparks to fly through the air. “This is your last warning, Cyrax, don't speak to e unless you want to be dismantled,” With that, Ranma and Shang Tsung walked away from the damaged machine, in the direction of Shao Kahn's chambers.
 
“I need you to travel to two realms this time,” Shao Kahn explained, showing no sense of concern. “I have heard disturbing rumors of Baraka changing his people's allegiance; the Tarkatan only respect those with strength, I want you eliminate Baraka and force his people to serve me. The second is more difficult than the others, I intend to expand into the Earthrealm, but I fear a resistance movement is in the making. My spies inform me Kitana is at its base, bringing together the Shokan and Centaurs, I want both of their unswerving loyalty returned by any means necessary, and I want to know if the rumor of Kitana's betrayal is true,” Shao Kahn turned to gaze out the window of his chamber and into the dark forest in the north section of Outworld, the realm he created and ruled with a fist of iron. “Those are your orders, begone!”
Ranma grunted in affirmation and dropped into his shadow.
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)