Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/02/2007 Completed 12/02/2007
Chapter 12
Ranma awoke with pressure on his chest he hadn't felt in millennia. For some reason he was feeling oddly tired; maybe he had fought someone the day before?
He brushed the lochs of light blue hair from his eyes and mouth and tried to sit up. A very bad idea, as he now had a throbbing headache. “Ugh, what kicked me?” he asked the air, knowing this sensation well, very well in fact.
“Sorry, I didn't mean to kick you,” came a soft musical voice. “Do you need a bandage?”
Ranma held a hand to his forehead and gazed through the blinding light at a naked Jupiter standing over him. His eyebrows rose subconsciously as he liked what he was seeing. “Don't worry about it…. Wait, did that really happen last night?” Memories flooded his mind of all the night's activities; the many screams that tore into the night, the energy he continuously sent into their bodies to keep them going for longer, the three days length of Time he stopped to enjoy his carnal desires. “I guess it did,” Ranma thought with a sweatdrop forming on the back of his head.
“AHH!”
Ranma and Jupiter's heads whirled inn the direction the scream came form. “That sounded like Pluto!” Jupiter told Ranma and the two dashed the length of the clearing to come upon a frightened Pluto, holding an old rusted through pot. “What's wrong, Jupiter asked, dropping to the ground to shake her friend out of her fright-filled stupor.
“No, don't touch me!” Pluto shouted, concern for the safety of her friends weighing more than her own.
From the night's campsite, the rest of the girls arrived, trying to see what was wrong, of course none had thought to get dressed, this was their last day alive, after all. What did it matter if someone saw them naked, who would spread rumors about the girls?
“What's wrong Pluto, and where did you get that rusted old pan?” Mars questioned.
Ranma watched the conversation with a sense of dread; if he had done what he thought he had, than he would be having a serious issue in the near future.
Pluto lifted the pan and held it out so that the others could watch what she was doing. She closed her eyes and focused on the pan, like she had done earlier. “When I was washing it earlier, I wished I could age the grime off, and then this happened.” As she spoke the words, the pan began to age more, turning into dust and blowing away in the wind. “I don't know how I did it, but I think I can kill Cell with a power like this!” Pluto praised, believing in her words. The only problem with that was getting close enough to touch him.
That's so cool!” Jupiter exclaimed clapping her hands together, ready to tackle her friend in the beginning of a dogpile of hugs. Unfortunately, when she clapped her hands, a streak of jagged electricity, as thick as a tree trunk, lashed out, striking a row of trees, incinerating them before they had a chance to ignite aflame.
“…” Silence reigned supreme.
“Oh, crap,” Ranma whispered, his voice no louder than the breeze. This looked to be getting worse, rather than better. If his guess was right, he had just created a set of Elementals, and worst of all, he had flooded them with Chaos style Life energy. Who knew what that would entail? At the very least they would be able to reform, much like Saffron, only they wouldn't have bird eggs.
His ponderings were interrupted when he felt several Elements being forced to bend to the girls' will. Jupiter had shown an uncanny ability to have completely mastered Electricity in only a few moments; Mars was bathed in flame and trying to put it out by submerging under the stream, only to cause the water to boil away. To the other side, Venus was throwing Light around like it was going out of style; while her twin was ripping vacuums open between her hands, trying to see if she had a power or not.
Pluto was busy testing the limits of her powers, making a small plant grow to bloom and reversing it to a seedling, then repeating the steps again. Saturn almost look depressed, then Ranma realized it was because she was manipulating the shadows, and calling a private zone of Silence. Neptune had just discovered her control over liquid water and was trying to put Mars out, much to no avail. Mercury was playing with a ball of frozen air, as her power was over Ice.
That only left one person, Terra, but Ranma hadn't seen her arrive. “Um, girls, if you're done playing with your newly acquired abilities, that had nothing to do with me, have any of you seen Terra?” Ranma inquired.
As if in answer to Ranma's question, they watched as a mountain rose from the ground, cresting above the clouds, easily dwarfing the many hills around the forest.
 
Ranma stared, blankly at the girls as they dressed in their school uniforms. They had all thought their school was weird because it required the girls to wear Seifuku. Ranma could only shake his head; the sheer number of bows and ribbons was ridiculous! “Okay… I guess you girls really liked the uniforms, if you brought them with you to camping trip you thought was your last?”
The girls had the decency to blush. “It was what we were going to wear for the rest of today, so we all look alike when we go to the Other World.” Pluto explained.
“Well, I guess I should at least teach you girls how to defend yourselves, since I can't guarantee I'll beat this Cell guy.” Ranma told the girls that way, because he didn't plan to stick around, even if he did win. His plan was to go find a place to put his planet/tree Jurai.
The girls exchanged looks, Ranma had told them that they didn't have to worry about dying, since they would just be reborn for the next two million years, until the excess energy he fed them faded away; assuming they didn't exercise their powers. With their decision made, the girls looked Ranma in the eyes and spoke their mind. “We're going with you, Ranma.”
“Oh, no you're not!” Ranma barked; he wasn't about to have to take care of nine Akanes, it was bad enough he had to deal with one when he got home. “I understand you want to help me, but it's way too dangerous for you.” Within his mind, Ranma crossed his arms over his chest and nodded with confidence that he had gotten his point across.
“We aren't worried, you already said we won't die for two million years, so why should we be scared of watching you fight a monster?” Mars questioned. If any wondered why Mars spoke for the group most of the time, it was because she had always been the one who lead the gang, so why should being a super-powered warrior be any different?
“I should learn to keep my big mouth shut,” Ranma grumbled under his breath, but relented none-the-less
“YAY!” the girls shouted, already confident that they had won the argument.
“Okay, so where is this Cell creep hiding anyway?” Ranma asked the girls, if anyone knew it would probably be them.
 
“Okay, let's review,” Ranma commanded, at the moment, he had stopped Time, with the exception of the girls and the hover-car Neptune was driving. Well, it was more of a camper than a car, but it still hovered and Ranma wasn't about to argue over the name of a vehicle.
“Water,” Neptune shouted from her place at the driver's seat, “is the basis of all Elements. It can be as gentle as a stream or as devastating as a hurricane…”
“Ice is one of Water's three forms, the solid state,” Mercury chirped, displaying the earrings of Ice she had made. “It can be used to create a smoke screen, a clone or a shield and is hard enough to destroy rocks…”
“Earth, the foundation of life,” Terra spoke, she found it ironic that she, the girl named `firm ground', be given the ability to manipulate it. “It can be as annoying as dust in the eyes, as sturdy as a boulder or flow with the heat of molten magma…”
“Light is the third key to growing Life,” Venus pitched in, glowing like an angel by use of her power. “With a combination of the three, all manner of Life can come about.”
“Wind, a form of Air,” Uranus added, smiling as she made a gentle breeze flow through the back of the vehicle. “It can bend Wood, lift Earth, and merges best with water…”
“When Wind and Water combine, they create Lightning, the most common form of Electricity,” Jupiter stated. She rubbed the tips of her fingers together creating little sparklers of electric jolts.
“Lightning creates Fire, the mightiest Element,” Mars spoke, not daring to use her abilities within the vehicle, should she lose control and have it ignite the fuel beneath them. “Fire has the capacity to consume all and imitate Light…”
“When all is gone, this exists only Darkness and Silence,” Saturn allowed her Silence field to mute the high-pitched whistle of the engine.
“Darkness is the beginning, it is the end,” Pluto stated, liking her power more than any of the others did; after all, how many people could say they control Time. Present company excluded, she amended. “Time exist between the beginning and the end; it rules all with its firm, but gentle hand…”
“That was awesome!” Mars related to her team. “We're so gonna hand Cell his butt back!”
“With a side of extra crispy!” Jupiter piped up, sending a few tendrils of current through the air.
Oh, no you're not!” Ranma chastened; he had known this was a bad idea. “If even one of you gets hurt, I'll spend eternity tossing in my grave! Nope, you're staying on the sidelines.”
“Awww…”
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)