Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/05/2007 Completed 12/05/2007
Chapter 19
Tenchi looked to the man sitting at his side. “You know Ranma, you're life sucks worse than mine ever did. At least I only had two women fight over me, and that was only every once in awhile.” Tenchi watched Ranma, he didn't show any signs of listening; yet, Tenchi could feel that Ranma was. “You, you were fought over like a piece of meat from the moment you got back.”
Ranma grunted.
“The blind guy attacked you, claiming you were stealing his one true love,” Tenchi added, ticking them off on his fingers.
Ranma grumbled a few incoherent noises, but otherwise did nothing.
“The fiancé you told you cared about smashed you with a mallet and called you a pervert for groping floozies when you were the one being assaulted,” Tenchi still had a hard time wrapping his mind around that one, he had seen Ranma fight and his speed. He knew that Ranma should have been able to dodge it. “When you got back you dropped enough clues that I, a guy who had never met the guy before, could figure out that the little black piglet and the guy that came charging in, a few moments after the piglet tore out the room, were one in the same. But, somehow no one else seemed to notice, well, except Mr. Tendo and your father…” Tenchi grew a massive teardrop on the back of his head when he thought of the panda pulling signs from nowhere.
Ranma's stomach roiled in pain, and an agonized groan came from Ranma.
“Don't worry, Ranma, I won't even mention the toxic sludge Akane cooked,” Tenchi replied, placating his worry as if he understood the moans and groans. “Let's not forget a few moments ago, when that psycho-chick…” Tenchi grasped at straws, trying to remember her name. “You know the one, she's name after a sword?”
“Kodachi,” Ranma replied with a monotonous voice, still not moving an inch.
“Yeah, when Kodachi, The Black Rose pounced on you and threw paralysis powder in your face. By the way, when will I be able to move my limbs again?” Tenchi asked, it was painful being frozen in a state of fleeing as he was.
 
Akane grumbled at the injustice of it all, as she vacuumed the Black Rose petals from around her room. It wasn't fair that Ukyo, Shampoo and even that nutball Kodachi got to spend more time with her fiancé then her.
Had Akane not been so preoccupied being angry about Kodachi `visiting' her this evening (i.e. Waiting in ambush, but when she failed to injure her, she left in a whirlwind of Black Rose petals), she might have blushed at admitting to herself that Ranma was her fiancé; she still wouldn't have selected and edited her memories to see Ranma running away from her with the other girls in arms, rather than being malleted, punted and punched into LEO.
 
Nabiki checked her doorframe for the fifteenth time, not wanting anyone to spy on her. It wouldn't do for anyone to discover her action figures; and as for her pictures of Ranma, that was for income.
At least that was the story that she's going to stick to…
 
Tears marred the cute faces of the three ten-year-old goddesses. Their grandmother had insisted they appear to be ten at the most; otherwise people may `talk'. They hadn't thought anything wrong with Nodoka's idea and didn't want to cause their father any more trouble than he attracted to himself.
Because of their lack of knowing their grandmother, the goddesses were unprepared for the woman to play dress up and take them to be with her for the night. And so here they are, dressed in filly dresses, wearing bonnets and sharing a giant bed between the three of them, as Nodoka read them a bedtime story. It didn't help when the stories so far were “Hansel and Gretal”, “Goldielochs and The Three Bears”, and now she was on “Little Red Riding Hood”.
After hearing the part about the grandmother being eaten by a wolf, the girls couldn't help but give the woman a scrutinizing gaze; never know who could be a Wolf these days…
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)