Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/05/2007 Completed 12/05/2007
Chapter 20
Nabiki stroked at the bridge of her nose in mild irritation. “Umino, darling, let your Nabiki-chan do the thinking for you, okay?” Today had been a typical “Ranma Just Returned From Another Adventure” day; with Kuno, Mousse and Ryoga all putting in guest appearances. That hadn't been so bad, she had even made a couple hundred thousand yen to spare. `Like that'll last…' Nabiki remarked, bitterly.
Umino adjusted his glasses, a habit he picked up for when his emotions were getting the best of him. At the moment he was excited and nervous; excited because Usagi and Naru were visiting Nerima this afternoon, when school let out. He couldn't help but feel nervous when someone as attractive as Nabiki called him darling and `insisted' that he calls her Nabiki-chan. “I'm sorry Nabiki-chan… I just wanted to help my friends out. It's not cheap getting from Minato Ward to Nerima Ward. Last time Usagi had gotten a ride from a friend, but this time she's taking the train; it would cost her, her entire allowance to do so,” Umino explained.
Nabiki gently wrapped an arm around Umino's shoulders. Speaking in a serious, yet concerned, voice; “Now that you've spent all the profit you made this week, how are you going to pay your rent, darling? You've got to manage your finances better than that, if you plan to stay ahead of the game.”
Umino shifted his glasses again. Was getting hot in here? He could have sworn the teacher had turned the A/C on!
 
Ranma rolled his eyes as Hinako tried to drain him of his aura, only to become full before even putting a dent in his energy. “Hinako-Sensei, I don't think it's healthy for you to keep trying,” Ranma advised, as Hinako expelled the gathered energy and tried draining him again. Ranma sighed and let his shoulders sag.
“Just give me a few more tries Ranma-kun! I'll teach you the error of your delinquent ways!” Hinako declared, though she was still puzzling out just how she was going to do that.
Hiroshi leaned over Ranma's right shoulder, timing it so that Hinako had just filled up on energy and therefore could not take his. “Ne, Ranma,” he called out, taking his target's attention. “What's this I hear about you having three daughters?”
Daisuke leaned over the other side, a conspicuous gleam in his eye. “I hear that you were trapped in another dimension, filled to the brim with horny women, but you couldn't do it with any of them because a witch made you impotent… Is that true?”
“WHAT?! Who told you such a ridiculous story?!” Ranma boomed. The last thing he needed was a bunch of hormone-crazed girls trying to get in his pants and confirm the story themselves.
Daisuke shifted nervously in his seat. “Well, I heard Akane telling Sayuri-“ Daisuke was abruptly cut short by the intense heat of a battle aura springing to life behind him. Slowly, hesitantly, Daisuke turned to face his looming doom. “Uh… Hi, Akane-kun?”
Hiroshi did what many felt he did best he beat a hasty retreat. `No sense in getting pummeled for something I didn't do; besides mom would kill me if she thought I was getting beat up with the Hentai Horde again,'
 
Tenchi shivered as he received several hungry looks from the girls in his class. It wasn't his fault that he was so attractive, was it? “Um, hi, I'm Tenchi, Tenchi Masaki. Please take good care of me,” he greeted with a bow, in the manner that was customary for the Japanese schools of his universe. Ranma had told him that the versions of Earth were near identical, only there were no aliens around. That was a huge load off Tenchi's back, he didn't know what he would do if he had another group of alien women after him.
“HAI!” came the unified response, practically yelled by the female population of the room. He couldn't help noticing a few lips being licked.
The teacher, one Kensei Karakura, ushered his students to take their seats. “Are there any questions for our new student?” His gruff voice, well worn by his many days as a soldier, questioned.
Immediately, ten hands were raised; all of which belonging to the girls. The one boy who had the nerve to raise his hand was glared down until he folded into himself. “Are you single?”
“Do you have crazy, jealous, self-proclaimed fiancées chasing after you?”
“If you do, are any of them aliens?”
“Where did you meet Ranma?”
“Is it true that you're staying at the Tendo's?”
A young man, garbed in a school uniform (black slacks, white long-sleeved button up shirt and a black jacket, buttoned to the neckline), for the first time since Ranma's arrival a year ago, burst into the room, pointing dashingly at Tenchi. “NEVER! I FORBID THIS! HOW DARE THAT LOWLY CUR BELIEVE HE HATH THE RIGHT TO BRING ANOTHER UNCOTH CAD INTO THE FINE DWELLING OF MY FIECE TIGRESS, AKANE TENDO?” Kuno declared, giving another example of his longwinded, obnoxious speeches.
Tenchi stared nervously at the older boy that had just entered the room. He remembered that Kuno had a sword handling skill rivaling his grandfather, and his grandfather had trained for over a thousand years, just to perfect his Art form.
“You there,” Kuno shouted, pointing a bokken (where he got the bokken no one knew nor did they particularly care) at a random girl in the class. “Where doth the cad that deemed himself worthy of dwelling within the inhabitance of my first one true love?” Kuno ordered.
Had she not been used to Kuno's personality and mastered in Kuno dialect, she would never have realized what he was asking; but as it was… “The guy dresses in a Kendo garb at almost all times of the day and carries a wooden bokken as his noble blade of honor,” she explained. `Let's see how long it takes before he realizes I'm describing him,' she thought with an inward smirk…
 
Ranma laid back, resting his head on his arms, as he let the food settle I his stomach. Ukyo's Okonomiyaki was really good; he had forgotten just how delicious it was, though. He gave a contended smile, closing his eyes and resting in the peaceful atmosphere, for the first time in over a few thousand years. It's not advisable to let one's guard down, even for a moment.
CHING! CHING!
Ranma didn't move, not even when the busty, purple-headed Chinese Amazon landed on his head. Shampoo gave Ranma a cursory glance, making sure that he wasn't dead. It wouldn't do to accidentally kill your husband after spending a year and a half chasing him for his bloodline. Seeing the steady rise and fall of his chest, Shampoo's worries were set aside and she continued with her newest devious plan.
“Airen,” she cooed, gently shaking his shoulder. “You want noodle from you beautiful, sexy, one-of-kind fiancée?” She internally gritted her teeth. She hated to use pidgin Japanese; she had mastered the language her sis- brother, Mousse arrived.
When Ranma refused to move, even to the offer of food, she began to grow worried. Perhaps she had seriously injured him? “Ranma? Why you no answer Shampoo?” she questioned in a lyrical tone.
Like a snake striking, Ranma's arm reached out and clenched down, onto Shampoo's wrist, holding it steadfast. “Nice try, Cell. I let you kill me once, it ain't gonna happen again, lizard-boy…”
Shampoo ceased her struggles at the words that came from Ranma's lips. He had died? The moment Ranma's grip slackened, she ripped her hand away and grabbed her bike then pedaled hard enough to peel out. She had something very important to discuss with her great grandmother…
 
From her place, perched as she was, in the branches of Ranma's favorite shade tree, she had heard the entire exchange and grinned at the current state of affairs. `Soon, Ranma…'
______------_______------
 
AN: I am trying to keep up with all of the many characters I've got at the moment, while reintroducing characters from earlier in the series, and setting up the tournament for Mortal Kombat, which will be quite different from the one that happened originally. Especially since Shang Tsung is not the one holding it in Earthrealm.
If you wonder about Ranma's dislike of the gods, yet agreement to help Raiden with the tournament, don't. It's quite easy to explain, he wants to protect those of the Six Realms from the Elder gods.
Coming up in the next installment, I'll begin dropping clues to who Usagi really is. No, she's not the reincarnated princess of a glorious empire from before written history.
Well, not entirely…
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)