Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/05/2007 Completed 12/09/2007
Chapter 21
The citizens of Juuban, a prefecture within Minato Ward, were quite accustomed to monsters wandering the streets of their small residential areas. So, to see a tall, bald man, surrounded by a crimson flame was not too distressing, after all they were the home of the Sailor Senshi, so the people flocked to the other side of the street and continued along, ignoring the seemingly peaceful Youma (or was it a Cardigan, Daemon, Demon or Wizard General for some nefarious team of evil doers and chaos bringers). Those few with the extra cash to buy them pulled out their cell-phones and contacted the police, knowing that the Senshi kept tabs on the police lines…
 
In a Realm unlike the six that were inhabited by various races and species, five figures, currently in the guise of Chinese-Dragon-shaped-clouds of black smoke, were staring at the Scrying Pool in awe.
“Things are coming to fruition too soon, Ryu,” one of the clouds stated to the one that was holding the scry-sight open. The creature's voice was emotionless and lacked the definition to be considered male or female.
“I am not the one who created the Elemental, Allure,” Ryu replied, showing no hint of discomfort nor anger.
Selene, in her Human guise, lifted an elegant eyebrow. “As I recall, you gave the instructions to the creature's creator, Ryu,” Selene teased, knowing she had pressed the right buttons. `I so enjoy taunting the tight-ass,' she mused with glee.
The smoky mouth of Ryu twisted into an approximation of a snarl. “If I ever need the opinion of a hypocritical mortal lover, I'll be sure you're the first to know,” Ryu sneered, a cold hatred burning in his eyes. There was nothing worse, in his opinion, than being faulted by Selene, who takes perverse pleasure in killing what she claims to love.
“Enough, you two,” barked the voice of the greatest of the Elder gods, Reese - at the moment he was in his dragon-shaped-smoke form. “We have a much greater issue. Observe…”
 
Blaze was uncertain what to make of the turn of events. For starters, he was accosted by a tem of Sailor-suited girls, claiming he broke some law and that they would “Punish” him. That had been well and dandy on its own, but toss in the fact that he could feel the Dragon King, Onaga's, egg in the near vicinity and now he was unable to attack with his true power. That had led to his current predicament, he was completely surrounded and being pelted by nine Elementals; and only one was Fire - which served to heal him of his injuries.
“Something's wrong!” Mars, the pretty soldier in a red skirt, shouted to the assembled team of sailors. She wasn't able to put her finger on exactly what it was, but she could sense that their attacks weren't causing damage correctly.
Mars's nearest neighbor, Neptune, turned to look the warrior of Mars in the eyes, not letting up on her “Deep Submerge”. “What do you mean, Mars? I can tell he's getting weaker every time I hit him,”
“Yeah!” came the cry of Uranus as she thrust another “World Shaking at the beast, ripping a deep gouge through the street and slamming squarely into its chest. “Maybe you're losing your touch?” she teased, knowing her comment wouldn't really hurt the other girl.
Mars grit her teeth, biting back a scathing comment form being said and instead focused the anger into attacking. “Fury Of The Phoenix!” she cried, creating a new attack on the spot. Mars cupped her hands together arms pointed straight ahead and spun 360 degrees. When Mars returned to her starting position, her entire body was ablaze, the fire rolling like water and lifting back up. After several long moments, the heat concentrated within the space between her fingers and Mars released the attack.
All the Sailors dropped to their knees, holding their ears in pain as a bird of pure fire, with a twenty-foot wingspan, screamed through the air, shattering windows for a square mile. When it seemed satisfied that it had caught everything's attention, the bird bolted at the man of fire, breaking the sound-barrier in the first flapping of its wings.
 
“Wow,” Selene responded dryly to the image that had just come across the scrying screen - a swirling mass of white, formed by the non-existent air. She had seen her daughter, Princess Usagi Serenity, make such devastating attacks before, but none of the other girls had shown the ability to match her strength.
“I move that it is time we take action against O- Usagi,” Ryu proposed, correcting his mistake before Selene could turn a glare to him.
“I will not allow anyone to lay a finger on my daughter,” Selene threatened, her normally elegant-white eyes were now glowing red with malevolent energy. Selene reached into her long-flowing white dress and gripped her favorite tool of justice in hand, daring the others to circumvent her authority.
A chill passed through the realm, drawing an involuntary shudder from the mass of Elder gods. “Perhaps we should calm our selves?” Reese offered, playing the part of negotiator quite well, as was his wont. None of the others saw any problem with the suggestion and nodded rather quickly. Sighing at the inability to use her close friend, Selene released her grip and withdrew her hand. She seated herself in a chair that previously did not exist.
Allure began to groom his left hand claws, flicking motes of dust from his semi-solid form. “I wish to know how my suggestion will be taken, Reese,” it asked. Allure's feminine voice was like the feel of the purest silk, yet held a masculine edge that promised unending pain. Its gender was a mystery to even the Elder gods.
Reese writhed, his smoke form spinning into itself and expanding again. “I see that your suggestion has promise,” he informed his associate, sticking to the air of mystery he so loved.
“I see you're in a good mood, Reese,” Ryu teased, tossing a roguish smile to his only friend. When one was at the position the Elder gods held, they weren't allowed the commodity of making and keeping friends - allies were another story… “Your theatrics are quite unnecessary for your foresight, old friend.”
Smiling with a look of mischief in his eyes, Reese placed a talon-like finger to his gaseous lips. “Perhaps, that is true, but then again, one never knows, do they?”
“If you two are quite finished flirting,” Allure questioned, turning a scathing look to Ryu and Reese, one that promised it make the two pay if they continued. “I wish to hear Ryu's suggestion.”
Selene nodded, she crossed a long slender leg over the other, exposing a long line of pearl-white flesh, leading up to her mid-thigh. “I am on accord with Allure in the expediency of this matter. I do have a lover to go back to,” Selene shot a saccharine smile at Allure, displaying her fondness of the non-gender-specific entity. Allure barely managed to prevent its smoke-like body from shuddering at the thought of being Selene's lover.
Ryu looked at the exchange between Selene and Allure and, for the first time in an eternity, felt pity for Allure. `Then again, that self-glorified bastard, Allure, refused to acknowledge Reese's advances,' Ryu surmised. All sense of pity was now gone, and turned a haughty smirk at Allure. “I suggest we increase the gains of the upcoming Mortal Kombat Tournament.”
“Increase the gains?” Selene asked, a feeling of intrigue entering her bosom. She liked high-stakes. “To what extent?”
Allure's mouth formed into a sneer. “I'd be willing to bet that the fool wants the entirety of the realms to be at stake,” Allure's voice came out as beautifully lethal as every, with no emotion entering into it; despite its fond hatred of Ryu.
Ryu bit his tongue and turned to look Reese in the eye, who shrugged, knowing the question before it could be asked. “That is what I had in mind, Allure,” Ryu twisted the name in such a way, that it came to sound as the most vile curse one could utter. “Have you a better idea to rid ourselves of the upcoming fighters? They are beginning to learn techniques I destroyed from existence millennia ago.”
Allure, seeing the opportunity to rub it in took it. “Perhaps you didn't erase all records, Ryu? I seem to recall a philosopher you killed, Bodhidarma - or Daruma if you will - passed on his knowledge. A man by the name of Yo Sen Kai taught your second Avatar the uses of Hadou, along with a monk in India,” Allure passed a reproachful glance over Ryu, then turned its attention back to Reese. “Does Ryu have anything more to add?”
Ryu bit back the urge to seal Allure in a cell right next to Shinnok - a former Elder god, that was removed for reasons the Council didn't speak about. “I suggest we enter the tournament, represented by Selene's brat and her protectors.” After a moment of silence - the Elder gods mulling the suggestion over - Ryu spoke again; ”I'd even be willing to enter my first Avatar, Akuma.”
“This suggestion might hold some value after all, Ryu.” Allure couldn't get the bitter taste of humility out of its mouth, but refused to allow Ryu to see any signs of discomfort.
______------______------
Elder gods mentioned so far:
Allure (sometimes called Azure, but hates the nickname), unseen except in smoke form. Gender is unknown.
Ryu, strongest of the Elder gods and constantly traveling the different Realms, seeking the greatest styles of fighting before killing out the users by some new type of plague (what he says he does best). His Avatars are Akuma and Ryu (both from the Street Fighter series)
Selene, takes the form of a sweet young woman and destroys entire civilizations with a Kiss Of Death. List of accomplishments: Atlantis, three times (In the DBZ timeline, at the time Cell is challenging the Z Warriors; When Saffron resurrects the city and establishes a community of equality; When the Moon Kingdom was laid low), Geia - the realm of the Titans - when the inhabitants grew to a power nearing the Elder gods own; The Dark Kingdom, a few moments before the Senshi invaded the Negaverse; Edenia, just before Shao Kahn led his assault on the realm.
Reese, the most powerful of the Elder gods. He has no fears nor worries about the affairs of Mortals, but keeps the others informed of the major ongoings and events. He is also a precognizant, constantly seeing twenty minutes into the future, which is what allowed him to become the most powerful Elder god.
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)