Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Gift from Chaos ❯ I Am Not Alone ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

A Gift from Chaos
Summary
Anger. Hatred. Destruction. Death. This is what Chaos brings. This is what Chaos does. But what if, in all of that suffering, lies a gift. A gift born in Chaos. After all, love has more in common with Death than we realized…
Prologue: I Am Not Alone
Dear Mamo-chan,
It's me, your Usako. As I promised, I'm writing to you everyday. It gives me something to look forward to, even though you probably have almost no time to respond. It's okay though, because I know you're working hard toward your dream of becoming a doctor. And you know what? I'm working hard too! My penmanship is improving, can't you see?
The Senshi are doing fine. We all are. High school is really fun, if not, a bit hard. Minako-chan, Makoto-chan and I are getting through, thanks to Ami-chan. Sometimes I wish I was as smart as she was, but you wouldn't think so, eh?
It's too bad though, that Rei-chan still goes to a private school, especially since the Outers drop by sometimes to visit. Anyway, she told us during a meeting that she's doing fine, especially compared to me. She can be really mean sometimes, Mamo-chan, but I know she doesn't mean it. It doesn't stop the sting of an insult though…But Mamo-chan, I know that she's proud of me. The sparkle in Rei-chan's eyes say so.
Ami-chan has, of course, already taken the highest ranking on tests. I'm lucky that she agrees to tutor me, even if I'm not the best student…You would know that. I remember when I first threw my test at you by accident. I still laugh at that. Anyway, Ami-chan's really good at speaking English fluently too. I wonder if she can teach me so I can talk to you in that language, since you are in America. We'll see!
Minako-chan's doing fine too! She's joined the volleyball team, demo I think it's gone to her head…I'm really proud of her though. You should see some of her games! Her team almost never loses. I'm thankful too, because I had to play volleyball in order to keep hanging out with Seiya-kun. (I'll talk more about him later, Mamo-chan) Minako-chan still has trouble cooking… and is still as guy-crazy as ever. Guess that's one trait she and Makoto and Rei-chan will never outgrow, huh? Don't worry, I'm still waiting for you, Mamo-chan.
Makoto-chan has joined the kendo club, though she wanted to join the cooking and gardening club. She's really multi-talented. I guess that shows her feminine side, right? And don't make fun, Mamo-chan. All girls are feminine in one way or another! I guess that now I've told you about the Inners, I'll tell you a bit about the Three Lights that they're all in love with. (Even Ami-chan! Can you believe it? She's number 25 in their fan club!)
The Three Lights are a guy band. There's Yaten Kou, Taiki Kou, and Seiya Kou. Their music really is beautiful, Mamo-chan. Perhaps you've heard of them? They have a whole fan club that all the Inner Senshi are in. I've talked to Seiya-kun, and he's told me wonderful things about their music. He says that they sing for one girl, and one girl out of all the galaxies: their princess. Yup, the Three Lights are Sailor Senshi. Yaten-kun is Sailor Star Healer, Taiki is Sailor Star Maker, and Seiya is Sailor Star Fighter. Don't tell anyone Mamo-chan, onegai? It will blow their cover. They hope that by singing, their princess will hear them and return. I wish them the best of luck. Maybe you'll hear it too... and think of me.
The Outer Senshi are doing well. Haruka-chan is still racing! And winning of course! Michiru-chan is doing fine with her music; she even did a joint concert with the Three Lights! Their music fusion was great…at least from what Haruka-chan told me. I…kind of got lost on my way there…Just what an Odango-Atama like me would do, right?
You know, Setsuna-chan even took time away from the Gates to see me too! She said that she wanted to make sure I was alright, as well as visit Hotaru-chan. She's as healthy as ever, but still misses Chibi Usa-chan. I miss her too, sometimes, but we'll see her again in the future.
I guess you would also want to know how Senshi business is doing. There's been some youma milling around, demo nothing huge. We asked Setsuna if there was any other reason for her being her, but she assured us it was nothing. She just wanted a break from the time Gates (though she left two days ago, saying that the Time Gates cannot be unguarded for long) It's a relief, I guess. Sometimes I get tired of being Sailor Moon. I want to be a normal sixteen-year old girl, who doesn't have to worry about anything except getting through high school. I shouldn't be talking, um, writing this though. I'm your princess and you're my prince. I shouldn't be anything less than happy. These times, I wish you were here with me. Write when you can, onegai. Aishiterou Mamo-chan.
Yours truly,
Tsukino Usagi
Usagi smiled down at the folded paper, gently stuffing it into an envelope stamped to America.
“Oi, Usagi-chan! You coming?”
The golden-haired teenager glanced up and laughed.
“Of course, Rei-chan,” she assured her friend and fellow Senshi. “I just have to mail this first to Mamo-chan.”
Later that night, after she and her friends had their fun, she lay in her bed contemplating. Usagi's right hand gently rubbed the back of the black cat curled up contently beside her. Her crystalline blue eyes glanced out the window, the streaming moonbeams reflecting off her long hair as if it was a silvery waterfall.
“One day, I'll see you again Mamo-chan,” she breathed, her eyelids drooping. Please still love me, Mamo-chan. Please, wait for me…
She closed her golden eyes and breathed in deeply. Her lips curled into a sneer and she waved her hand in front of her. The fire roared louder, its flames shaping an image of a girl whose smile outshined the Sun.
“Little moon princess, so light and full of love,” her voice mocked, though her tone trembled slightly. A deep coughing fit took her, eyes shutting in pain. Her expression was strained and a shadow passed over her face. The woman straightened and dispersed the image, seemingly pleased.
“A light than shines brighter than any star will burn out sooner or later,” her voice muttered, deeper and darker than before.
“Just wait, Tsuki no Hime. I'm coming for you, and only you.”