Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Before Frieza; Vegeta in the Silver Millennium ❯ Uranus ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six: Uranus

The fight had been going on for am hour. Haruka looked beaten. Vegeta was clearly winning. But Haruka had gotten in a few good punches.

"Look, give up already. You're not going to beat me." Vegeta blocked Haruka's punch and her kick.

"I'm not stopping until you prove you're worthy of Hotaru." Vegeta kicked at Haruka but she flipped backward out of his reach. She pulled out her space sword when she landed.

"All I've seen is that you're worthy of being her guardian and nothing else. Hotaru deserves to be loved. Can you give her that?" Haruka launched at him. "Space sword blaster!" Vegeta caught it between his hands.

"I don't know how. Saiyans don't love." Haruka pulled her sword away and stepped back.

"I was thinking Hotaru could help me learn how to." Haruka smiled.

"And she will. You just proved yourself worthy."

"I did?" Haruka nodded.

"You can definitely protect her. And by telling me what you did, you showed me that you can depend on Hotaru sometimes." She put her sword away.

'Depend on her? Women always find a way to make things sound weak.' Vegeta thought in his head. Haruka de-transformed to her denim jeans and black shirt.

"I told Hotaru we'd meet her in the garage." With that, they went to the garage to wait for Hotaru. "By the way Vegeta, have you ever ridden a motorcycle before?"

"A what?"

"I'll take that as a no. Come on, I'll show you." She opened the door. 'Hotaru's gonna kill me for this.' Haruka grinned evilly. Vegeta turned out to be a natural. Haruka had to leave thirty minutes later. Hotaru showed up after she left. Vegeta was sitting on a motorcycle when she walked in. She came in with her head down. Vegeta looked up and got up.

"Taru this planet is so cool." He said enthusiastically. Hotaru didn't say anything. She didn't even look up. "Hotaru is something wrong?" She still didn't look up. He rested his hands on her shoulders.

"Vegeta." She whispered. "Vegeta, we- we can't see each other anymore." She said turning her head away.

"What?" Vegeta was stunned.

"I'm sorry." She tried to walk away but he wouldn't let her go.

"Where'd this come from Hotaru?"

"Please Vegeta don't make this any harder." Hotaru whispered.

"I don't get it Hotaru. This morning you were happy we were together and now you come back from talking to your mother and now you want to end it." Vegeta paused to think.

"Your mother put you up to this didn't she? What did she say to you?" Hotaru looked up into his eyes. Her eyes were filled with tears.

"She said that she couldn't believe that I had met a Saiyan and actually trusted him. She said that Saiyans can't be trusted because they have no feelings. I tried to argue with her but she wouldn't listen. And then." Hotaru closed her eyes and her tears came out. Vegeta lifted his hands to cup her face.

"And then?" She opened her eyes as more tears fell.

"She told me that she was disappointed in me for believing in you." Hotaru choked back a sob. Vegtea used his thumb to wipe away her tears.

"I don't see how your mother could be so cold to you. She's worse than my father. I didn't think that was possible. But there is some truth to want see said." Hotaru looked at him. "Saiyans don't show emotion expect for anger and hatred." But Vegeta you've been so kind to me. I haven't seen anger or hatred from you since we met."

"There are exceptions. Like when a Saiyan finds that one person that can bring out those other feelings." He looked into Hotaru's eyes. "You've done that for me Hotaru and I am not about to let you go."

"But Vegeta I'll be going against my mother's wishes." Hotaru's eyes welled up with tears again.

"She'll learn to live with it." Vegeta took in a deep breath. "Look at it this way Taru, you're only going against your mother. I'm going against my entire race." Hotaru gasped.

"You are? Why are you doing all this for me?" Vegeta didn't have to answer. She saw it in his eyes. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hid her face in his neck. "Vegeta please don't ever give up on me." Vegeta held her.

"You don't need to worry. I never give up on anything." Hotaru smiled slightly in his neck.

"Aww isn't that cute?" Haruka strolled in after eavesdropping on them. Hotaru let go of Vegeta and stepped away. She wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her beige sweater.

"Hello Haruka."

"Hey Hotaru. Vegeta you ready?" Vegeta nodded. Hotaru looked confused.

"Ready for what?"

"We're going for a little ride." Haruka said. Hotaru looked behind her where the motorcycles were.

"Oh no." Hotaru muttered. Haruka chuckled.

"Oh yes. This time Vegeta's driving. I'll be outside waiting for the two of you." She walked out with her bike. Vegeta took Hotaru's hand and guided her over.

"You know we don't really have to do this. "Hotaru said

"What's this? Is Hotaru scared of riding a motorcycle?" Vegeta teased.

"No, it's not that. I'm scared of the way Haruka drives. She's a speed demon.

"Well Hotaru I'm not Haruka. You're just gonna have to trust me." Hotaru gave in.

"Oh okay. Just give me a second." She pulled a light pink ribbon out of her pocket She pulled her hair back into a ponytail. "Well let's go." Vegeta wheeled out the cycle to where Haruka was waiting

"You two ready? Haruka asked putting her helmet on. They nodded and got theirs on. Vegeta got on and Hotaru got on after he did. Hotaru wrapped her arms around Vegeta's middle while he rived up the motor. She closed her eyes.

'Haurka I'm gonna kill you for this.' She thought as they took off. Dinner that night was a picnic. Haruka did most of the talking. Vegeta was warned about the big mouth of the moon princess and the one of the Venus princess. One thing was kinda bothering Hotaru though. What was that furry thing Vegeta always had wrapped around his waist? So finally when they were getting ready to go to bed she asked him about it.

"Um Vegeta, what's that you keep wearing around your waist?" Vegeta chuckled.

"I'd take it off but it's my tail." Vegeta wound his tail and flicked it around a little behind him. Hotaru gasped.

"Is that how others tell that you're royalty?"

"No, all Saiyans have tails. We show royalty by the clothes we wear."

"Oh." Hotaru simply said. Saiyans were so different than the people she knew. Silver Millennium royalty had the sign of their planet on their forehead that was their planet's specific color. The only exception was Prince Endymion and his family who didn't have anything. Vegeta chuckled again as his tail wrapped itself around Hotaru's wrist.

"Looks like my tail likes you." Hotaru giggled as the furry tail unwrapped around her wrist and back around Vegeta's waist. Hotaru went into her room. She closed her door and leaned against it. She had a dreamy look in her eyes.

'Vegeta didn't give up on me.' Hotaru smiled to herself and got ready for bed. 'Sorry mother. But this may be my one chance at happiness and I can't let it go.' Hotaru pulled the blanket up to her chin and fell into a peaceful sleep.