Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Before Frieza; Vegeta in the Silver Millennium ❯ Venus ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Venus

Once they got to Venus, Hotaru and Vegeta were separated. Hotaru was drug off by Minako so she could do Hotaru's hair, make-up and other things. Vegeta was taken by Minako's current boyfriend Lance to get him the proper clothes for the date. Which wasn't for another eleven hours. They would need every minute with Minako and her plans.

**Vegeta**

"Tell me again why I have to wear this?" Vegeta asked while he looked at himself in the mirror. He was wearing a white button up shirt and black dress pants.

"Because Minako planned for you and Hotaru to go to her favorite restaurant. It's very formal. She would kill me if I let you go in training clothes on a date." Lance said.

"Why is she planning my date?"

"Trista told her she should."

"Why."

"This is Hotaru's first date and they just want it to be special for her."

"Her first date. She's never been on a date before in her life?" Lance shook his head.

"She hasn't paid much attention to guys since her father died. She was very close to him. I guess you could say she sunk into a depression."

"How long ago was that?"

"About a year or so. This is the first time anyone's seen her happy since he died." Lance looked at his watch. "We'd better get to the palace. Minako should probably be done with Hotaru. That is if she survived."

"Is that woman of yours really that bad?"

"Only when it comes to hair, make-up, nails well girl stuff." They walked out of the tailor and headed for the palace.

**Hotaru**

Hotaru dug through Minako's wardrobe looking for a dress to wear.

"Minako, exactly how many outfits do you have in here?"

"I don't know. I lost count a long time ago." Hotaru rolled her eyes and continued looking. It took hours for Hotaru to find a dress she liked and could actually move in. She settled for a very dark maroon dress with a corset like top. It fit her perfectly. Minako smiled at her when she came out.

"Now I see why you always wear dark colors. They make you look absolutely wonderful."

"I just like dark colors." Minako chuckled.

"I'm sure Vegeta likes you in dark colors too. I hope he's good at controlling his hormones."

"Oh Kami not you too."

"Just listen to me on this one. When he sees how beautiful you look in that dress, he may get some ideas. It doesn't help that your rooms are connected either."

"Minako listen to me. I'm fifteen, he's seventeen. We're too young to do that sort of stuff."

"I'm just concerned Hotaru. I don't want you to end up in a situation you don't want to be in."

"Thank you for your concern but Vegeta isn't like that. Trust me. And if he is, I'll have my silence glaive to protect me." Minako nodded.

"Ok I believe you. Now let's go get your hair and make-up done." She grabbed Hotaru's hand and walked out of Minako's very, very large closet.

**Downstairs**

Lance and Vegeta walked in the palace and into the living area. Minako's mother, Queen Valerie, was walking out.

"Hello you two."

Hello Queen Valerie. Is Minako done with Hotaru yet?"

"Ouch!" They heard Hotaru yell from upstairs.

"I'll take that as a no."

"I think they're just finishing up. I'll go tell them you're back." Queen Valerie headed up the stairs. She knocked on Minako's door.

"Who is it?" Minako called from the other side.

"Sweetie it's me. Can I come in?"

"Sure." Minako opened the door and allowed her mother to come in. She caught sight of Hotaru.

"Oh Hotaru you look lovely." Hotaru blushed slightly.

"Thank you."

"I came to tell you that Lance is back with a handsome man. I'm guessing that's Hotaru's date."

"Oh. Could you tell them we'll be down in ten minutes. I'm almost done with Hotaru's make-up."

"Okay." Queen Valerie went back downstairs. Lance and Vegeta were sitting on the sofa.

"They're almost finished give them ten more minutes." Ten minutes passed by very slowly. Minako came down the stairs. She cleared her throat. The guys stood up.

"Hotaru, come down." Hotaru came down the stairs and entered the living area. Vegeta was speechless when he saw Hotaru. She was wearing the dress she picked out. Her hair was down like it always is and she had little make- up on but the color of it was dark.

"Well Vegeta, what's the verdict? Think she's cute?" Vegeta shook his head.

"No, she's gorgeous." Hotaru smiled at the comment.

"So Hotaru, did I do a good job on Vegeta?" Lance asked.

"A wonderful job." Minako smiled at how they were looking at each other.

"You two had better leave so you don't miss your reservation." Queen Valerie reminded them. Vegeta walked up to Hotaru and offered his arm.

"Let's go." Hotaru took his arm and they walked out the door. Minako and Lance started for the door as well.

"Don't you two even think about it." Queen Valerie warned . "Don't you go spying on them."

"But I wanna see what's going on." Minako whined.

"You'll find out when they come back."

"Oh alright." Hotaru and Vegeta were taken to the restaurant by a limousine. The restaurant was beautiful. Vegeta-sai didn't have any like this that Vegeta knew of. Their date wasn't too different than any other night. They talked while they ate. They decided to walk back to the palace instead of taking the limo so they could have more time together. Hotaru knew that once they got back, Minako would practically kidnap her from Vegeta for details.

"What's it like here? Is it always this peaceful?" Vegeta asked as they sat on a bench. Hotaru nodded.

"It's been peaceful from before I was born. We can thank Queen Serenity and my father, King Ethan for that." Hotaru looked down when she mentioned her father.

"What was he like?"

"My father was the greatest. He was a perfect father to me. Always there even if it interfered with his plans. He understood me more than my mother ever would in a million years. Kami I miss him." Hotaru bit her lip to hold back tears that were getting ready to fall. Vegeta pulled her closer. She rested her head against his shoulder.

"How did he die?"

"A rare disease that affects Saturian males. My father was unlucky enough to get it." Vegeta wrapped his arms around her. "The last thing he said to me was, Hotaru as long as you have a heart, I'll always be in it. He wasn't lying. He'll always be in my heart. Mind if we change the subject?" Vegeta shook his head.

"We better get back or they'll think I kidnapped you. Which I wouldn't mind doing but I'd better not." Hotaru chuckled.

"You wouldn't get too far before Haruka hunted you down when we didn't show up on Uranus tomorrow."

"I'm supposed to be scared of her?"

"She's the toughest one in the silver millennium. I guess she doesn't really measure up to Saiyan strength but you'll find out tomorrow if you fight her."

"Why am I fighting her?"

"Haruka told me that she would challenge my dates to see if they deserved me. She gave me her word and she never goes back on that."

"Sure she's not your mother. Sounds like it."

"She's just very protective of me. So I guess you could say she's my second mother. Her and Michiru both." They started walking again. When they reached the palace, Minako did kidnap Hotaru from Vegeta for details. Hotaru finally escaped and her and Vegeta went back to the ship for the night. Hotaru had a little trouble sleeping that night. She knew for a fact her mother wouldn't allow her to date a Saiyan. She knew her mother had something to do with a Saiyan but she had no clue want it was. Her father didn't mind them at all. In fact, he talked with King Vegeta a couple of times. She didn't know what about but they seemed like friendly conversations. So why did her mother have so much against them? Hotaru planned to call home tomorrow and talk to her mother.