Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Before Frieza; Vegeta in the Silver Millennium ❯ Pluto ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four: Pluto

Hotaru woke up from her little nap after taking off. She went down the hallway towards the kitchen. She could hear the water running in the bathroom, which told her Vegeta was stayed awake. She could also hear Vegeta's stomach growling. Chuckling quietly, Hotaru decided to surprise him with lunch before they got to Pluto. She got to the kitchen and started cooking. She could hear Vegeta coming down the hall toward the kitchen.

"Something smells good in here." Vegeta came in. He was still slightly wet and didn't have a shirt on.

"Just lunch. It's almost done so you can sit at the table now if you want." Vegeta peered over her shoulder to see what she was cooking. She could feel herself blush at how close he was standing.

"How much longer?" Hotaru reached up and turned the stove off.

"It's done already. Now go to the table so I can bring it in." Vegeta reached in front of Hotaru and grabbed the handle of the skillet she was using. Hotaru's eyes widened when she felt his chest against her back. Vegeta stepped away and brought the skillet with him.

"You cooked it. I'll bring it in. You go sit down."

"But Vegeta…"

"No buts. Go on now"

"Fine." Hotaru left and went to the dining room. She waited for Vegeta. He came in with two plates. He had already made hers.

"Vegeta, you really didn't have to do this." He sat the plate down in front of her.

"I felt like it. Anything special about Pluto?" He asked when he sat down.

"Well Pluto is the planet of time. In about a month, Trista will be taking the place of guardian."

"There's a guardian of time?" Hotaru nodded. "Looks like there's a guardian to everything."

"Probably is."

"So what are we going to do on Pluto?" Hotaru shrugged.

"Whatever you feel like doing."

"You're not keeping anything from me like last time are you?" Hotaru blushed and shook her head.

"Nothing this time." They continued talking while they finished their lunch. Hotaru refused to let Vegeta clean up too. He didn't argue there. Vegeta went back to his room to think about how he was going to tell Hotaru that he had feelings for her. Saiyans were known for fighting, not for feelings. The phone rang, interrupting his thoughts.

"I get it." He heard Hotaru yell. He closed his door so he wouldn't hear all the girl talk. He didn't know the girl talk was mostly about him.

"Hello?"

"Hey 'Taru." It was Serenity.

"Oh hey. What's up?"

"Just thought about checking up on you. I'm glad you weren't too busy to talk."

"Busy? What would I be doing on a ship in the middle of space?"

"My point exactly."

"Huh?"

"You're alone with a cute guy on a ship in the middle of space. No one's around and your rooms are right next to each other."

"Serenity!"

"Don't yell at me. It was Makoto and Haruka's idea."

"They just won't let it go."

""They're not the only ones. Rei and Chad are getting ideas about you two. But they're not as bad as Makoto or Haruka."

"What kind of ideas are they getting?"

"Just that you and Vegeta will be the only couple to go against their parents."

"You mean like you and Endymion. So I'm still the only one that knows about you two."

"Yeah you are." Another voice on the line said.

"Endymion. How are you on this line?"

"I called Serenity to get your number to see if you were still coming to Earth. So we just called you three way."

"Oh I see. Yeah I'll be heading for Earth after we leave Neptune. Which will be a couple of days."

"Perfect timing. Earth just got a lot of snow in the mountains. Great for skiing."

"Endymion, you know I can't ski."

"You're not that bad. Practice makes perfect." Vegeta came out of his room.

"We'll be landing in two minutes. Get off the phone and buckle in." Vegeta went in the control room and buckled in.

"I heard that. You better go before your boyfriend gets angry."

"Yeah I'd better. Wait did you call him my boyfriend Serenity?"

"Yep. That proves you do have the hots for him."

"Okay I'll admit it to the two of you. I do. Don't you dare go telling everyone either."

"Don't worry. Our lips are sealed."

"Thanks guys."

"Hotaru, you've got one minute to get in your seat starting now." Vegeta yelled.

"Vegeta's giving me a time limit. I'd better go before he comes and gets me. Bye guys."

"Bye." Hotaru hung up and headed for the control room. Vegeta was getting ready to get up.

"You can stay there. I'm here now." She sat down and buckled in.

"It's about time. You women and talking on the phone."

"I wasn't on that long."

"But once you got on, you wouldn't get off."

"I take it saiyan women aren't like that." Vegeta shook his head.

"Landing in 3..2..1." The computer said. The ship landed. They unbuckled and left the ship. Hotaru took Vegeta to the Pluto palace.

"Hello Hotaru, Prince Vegeta." Trista greeted them when they entered the palace. "My father is waiting for you in the dining room Hotaru."

"Okay." Her and Vegeta started for the dining room.

"Vegeta, if you don't mind, can I talk to you privately?" Trista asked. Vegeta shrugged. "I promise to have him back by the time you get out of your meeting."

"Okay." Hotaru left for the dining room. Trista took Vegeta outside so they could talk.

"I'll be blunt. Do you have feelings for Hotaru?" Vegeta looked surprised at her. He merely nodded his head. Trista smiled. "I thought so. Don't tell Hotaru I said this but it seems she feels the same way you do."

"She does?" Trista nodded. "Why don't you ask her out. You'll be going to Venus next. The planet of love and romance. It's a perfect place to go on a date."

"What if she says no. I'll feel like a complete idiot."

"She won't say no, trust me."

"If she does, I'm coming after you." Trista chuckled.

"Fair enough. So when are you going to ask her?" Vegeta thought about it.

"After dinner I guess."

"That'll be soon then. Dinner's in about two hours." They walked back to the palace.

Trista decided to join Hotaru and Vegeta for dinner so Vegeta could flake out.

"If you'll excuse me one moment." Trista stood up from the table and gave Vegeta the 'now's your chance' look. She left the room and spied on them through a crack in the door. Vegeta knew she was there. For the first time in his life, Vegeta was nervous.

"So we're going to Venus next?" Hotaru nodded. "It's the planet of love and romance."

"How'd you know that?"

"Trista. She said it's the perfect place to have a date."

"Yeah it is I guess." Vegeta looked downward.

"So you want to go on a date tomorrow night?" He said quietly. He looked up and saw Hotaru was stunned.

"Did you just ask me on a date?" She asked. He slightly nodded. He didn't see her start to blush wildly.

"Umm sure. I'd love to go on a date with you Vegeta." She said. Vegeta looked at her and smirked. Trista was excited. She came back in the room.

"See Vegeta, I told you she wouldn't say no."

"You know me too well Trista." Hotaru muttered.

"You two should go back to the ship and get some rest. I'll call Minako and tell her you'll be coming and going on a date."

"Do you have to tell her? She'll tear me apart trying to figure out what I should wear."

"You'll survive. You have before. Now go get some sleep." Hotaru and Vegeta got up. Vegeta took Hotaru's hand and they walked back out to the ship to get some sleep.

Trista smiled and went to call Minako. What she didn't tell Hotaru was that she was going to plan their date with Minako so they wouldn't have to. She knew Vegeta had been on dates but this was going to be Hotaru's first. And Trista wanted it to be special.