Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Before Frieza; Vegeta in the Silver Millennium ❯ Mars ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the song used later in the chapter

Chapter Three: Mars


"Now entering Planet Mars." The on board computer informed Hotaru and Vegeta.

"Anything special about this planet?" Vegeta asked as Hotaru sat in the seat next to him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well Mercury had the warm waters and that library, does Mars have anything like that?"

"Not exactly like that but yes. Mars is famous for its fire. It's got a spectacular training room made of a special kind of fire. It helps your spirit while you get physically stronger. It's quite amazing." Now Vegeta was interested.

"Will we be going by there by any chance?" Hotaru nodded.

"I hope you don't mind but I think you'd be better off there than with me today. Rei's already reserved it all day for you." Vegeta raised an eyebrow.

"You planned this?" He asked. Hotaru shyly nodded.

"I didn't think you'd have much fun if you stayed with me today. Rei and I had plans I forgot about and she won't let me loose of them."

"And what were they?" Vegeta questioned her.

"Landing in 5 minutes." The computer said.

"We'd better buckle in for the landing." Hotaru said changing the subject. Her and Vegeta buckled in their seats. Rei greeted them as soon as they got off the ship.

"It's good to see you again Prince Vegeta." Rei said bowing. Vegeta gave her a nod. "If you follow Chad here, he'll take you to the training room. Come on Hotaru, we've got stuff to do." Rei said while she dragged Hotaru away.

"I'll meet you on the ship later." Hotaru managed to get out to Vegeta before Rei dragged her out of sight. Vegeta chuckled and followed Chad to the training room.

Hours passed by quickly. Vegeta spent most of them in the fire training room. He hadn't seen Hotaru since they landed that morning. He had to admit he did miss her a little. When he couldn't concentrate on making himself stronger, he decided to find out what Hotaru didn't want to tell him earlier.

"Do you know where Hotaru went off to?" He asked Chad.

"She should be in the recording room with Rei."

"Recording room? Is she singing?" Vegeta was a bit surprised and wanted to know why she couldn't tell him. "Take me to see her."

"Sure. Follow me." Chad said. He led Vegeta to the recording room and the room where Rei was. Vegeta could see Hotaru singing her heart out but knew she couldn't see him in the studio.

"Why can't we hear anything?" He could see her singing but didn't hear a thing.

"That's because I turned the volume in here down. I do that to check if she's really singing from her heart. Trust me it works. Especially with this song. She connects with it." Rei turned the volume up and Vegeta could hear Hotaru singing. He became completely mesmerized by her voice as she sang:

There's a heart that must be free to fly

That burns with the need to know the reason why

Why must we all conceal

What we think

How we feel

Must there be a secret me

I'm forced to hide

I won't pretend that I'm someone else for all time

When will my reflection show

Who I am inside

When will my reflection show

Who I am inside

Vegeta had to say she sung as well as he could fight. And that was saying a lot.

"Okay Rei I'm finished. Can I come out now?" Hotaru asked. Rei spoke through an intercom.

"Just one sec Taru. I have to check everything before we call it quits." Hotaru sighed and stubbornly folded her arms across her chest.

"That was wonderful Miss Hotaru." Chad said.

"Thank you Chad." Hotaru took a drink of her soda.

"Yeah I gotta agree with him. You were fantastic." Vegeta said. Hotaru nearly choked.

"V-Vegeta, you heard me? I thought you were training."

"I was, then I got bored. So I decided to find you. Didn't know you could sing." He couldn't see Hotaru's faced turn scarlet red. "Plus I wanted to see if you wanted to join me for dinner." Rei's head shot up.

'Is he asking her for a date?' she thought.

"Sure. Can I leave now Rei?" Hotaru was slightly smiling. Rei quickly nodded.

"Go ahead." Hotaru took off her headphones and walked into the room everyone was in.

"Rei, do you mind if we use your kitchen?" Rei shook her head no. "Thanks." Hotaru gave Rei a hug. "I'll see you soon." Rei smiled and nodded.

"Come on Firefly." Vegeta said while taking Hotaru's hand and leading her out. Once they were gone, Rei and Chad started talking.

"Firefly? He already has a nickname for her. And he wants to have dinner with her. Are they dating yet?" Rei shook her head. "Really?" Chad couldn't believe it.

"They only met two nights ago on the moon. They're already in love. I checked his feelings and hers too. They're still confused a bit but they'll get over that."

"How do you know?"

"I talked to Trista and she's gonna help in getting them together. She says it's a perfect romance from the parts of the future she's seen. They will definitely have obstacles aka their parents. But their love can survive anything. That's for sure." Rei told Chad. 'I hope so anyway.' Rei thought silently.

Vegeta made dinner this time. It was delicious. Hotaru enjoyed it. Actually she enjoyed Vegeta's company more than anything. But she wouldn't embarrass herself by telling him that. It was the same case for Vegeta. He wasn't used to these feelings. Sure he was used to being around girls all the time. All those girls his father set him up with adored him. 'It's not my fault I'm so damn good-looking,' is what he'd tell himself. Hotaru was different. She didn't do anything to make him like her. Which she didn't have to. That night Vegeta finally realized he had feelings for Hotaru and accepted them. He prayed that Hotaru would have feelings for him. It'd probably be the only thing that could crush him if she never accepted him.

"Wait, Father will never accept a girl from Saturn. Even if she is a princess. But he'll have to deal with it. Just because he fell in love with a Saturnian and they were torn apart doesn't mean he can do it to me. I'll have to talk to Hotaru tomorrow on Pluto." Vegeta said to himself as he fell asleep.