Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Before Frieza; Vegeta in the Silver Millennium ❯ Mercury ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Mercury

Everyone woke up early to see Hotaru and Vegeta off the next morning. Hotaru was packing when Makoto came in.

"You're so lucky. Having a day long vacation on each planet and having him come with you." She said sitting next to Hotaru's suitcase.

"What do you mean? I'm just showing him around. Who knows, maybe he'll like it so much that Vegeta-sai will join the Silver Millennium." Makoto snickered.

"Are you sure that's how Vegeta thinks of it?" Hotaru looked at her confused. "He probably sees it as nine dates in a row like we do. You can't tell me you never thought about it that way. I mean come on, the guy's hot." Makoto said.

"Maybe." Hotaru said shyly. "I admit he is kinda cute." Hotaru finished packing and they headed out to the ship. Vegeta was already there. She threw her luggage in the back of the ship. "Vegeta, I hope you don't mind but Ami's coming with us to Mercury." Vegeta shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine with me." He climbed in the ship along with Ami.

"You better have had your first date before you get to Jupiter." Makoto said as Hotaru got on the ship.

'Oh Kami, she'll never give up.' Hotaru thought. She got on the ship and they blasted off.

"Well, there's a new relationship in the making." Bardock said watching the ship leave the moon.

"I hope it's strong enough to last. They seem so perfect. Already in love and don't notice it. I don't think Queen Sierra's going to be too happy Hotaru's dating a saiyan." Queen Serenity said.

"I know Vegeta and he won't give up that easily. If he really wants Hotaru, he'll get her." Kakarot stated. Everyone went back to the palace to continue their day.

The ship ride wasn't long. They got to Mercury within an hour. Ami went home to the Mercury palace while Hotaru and Vegeta enjoyed the scenery.

"I love coming to this place. The water's so clear and warm all the time." Vegeta put a devilish smirk on his face as they walked out on the deck. It was about 4 feet above the water.

"Warm enough to swim any time you want?" He asked while his smirk got wider. "Yeah I suppose." Was all she could get out before Vegeta jumped in the water. Hotaru chuckled at his child likeness.

"Come on." He said when he resurfaced. Hotaru shook her head.

"No way. Not in these clothes." The devilish smirk returned to his face.

'Not in those clothes huh. We'll see about that.' Vegeta thought as he formulated his plan. He started to act like he was struggling in the water. "Oh no I forgot. Saiyan teens are too vulnerable in water." He said, submerging in the water to where she couldn't see him anymore.

"Come on Vegeta." Hotaru said from the deck. He didn't come up. She didn't wait too long. "Ok buddy. You better be worth it." Hotaru jumped in. "Alright Vegeta you can come up now." He didn't. "Vegeta, this isn't funny." She said, nervously. "Vegeta." She said a little louder. She looked around for him and slightly started to panic.

"You know a guy could drown waiting for you." Vegeta said. He was standing on the deck. Hotaru whirled around.

"I'm gonna kill you for that!" Hotaru yelled at him.

"In coming!" Vegeta jumped back in the water. Hotaru laughed as he ended up slashing her coming in. She splashed him back and they ended up having a water fight. It ended when they heard a rumbling sound. It was Vegeta's stomach. Hotaru chuckled. Another rumble came from Hotaru but hers was softer. "Think we should go get some lunch?" Vegeta asked. Hotaru nodded. "Come on there's a ladder on the other side." Vegeta said grabbing Hotaru's hand as they swam under the deck.

"Only you would know." Hotaru said saracsticly. Vegeta just smirked at her. He helped her up the ladder and they went back to the ship. She prepared him a big lunch as soon as they got out of their wet clothes.

"How'd you know how much we saiyans eat?" Vegeta asked while they both ate. "I learned it right here on Mercury. There's textbooks in the library about every race out there. I think its even got a book about Nameks in there."

"Can you take me there? I want to see what they say about us." Vegeta continued eating.

"Sure why not." When they finished eating, they cleaned up and Hotaru took Vegeta to the Mercurian library. He read the books about the saiyan race.

"I can't say these books are exactly accurate." He said when he finished the last book.

"So what's different in those books to real life?" Hotaru sat next to him.

"Well teenagers go though a phase where they can't use their ki to do anything. It leaves unexpectedly and returns the same way. I should know. Mine started last night." He got up and put the book back in it's place. Hotaru stood up as well.

"I'll have to tell Ami and get that straightened out." They left the library. Vegeta eyed the lake.

"Wanna go for another swim before we go in for the night?" He asked.

"Okay, but this time, can I change into a swimsuit first?" Hotaru smiled. He wasn't about to get more of her clothes wet. Vegeta smirked and nodded. Hotaru settled for her jet-black one piece. She grabbed two towels one for her and one for Vegeta. Hotaru met Vegeta on the deck. He was wearing nothing but shorts. Needless to say Hotaru had a hard time keeping herself from sneaking a peek at him. Vegeta had the same problem too. He had to admit how good she looked in black. They swam until all the light from the sun disappeared. Then they went back to the ship, changed into something more comfortable to sleep in. They didn't bother with a shower since the water on Mercury was so clean. Hotaru stopped in front of her room and smiled. "Good night Vegeta." She said.

"Good night." Vegeta replied as she went in her room and he went in his. The two fell asleep almost instantly. They needed their energy. Cause tomorrow, they went to the planet Mars.