Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Before Frieza; Vegeta in the Silver Millennium ❯ Earth ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Total OOC here because I know Vegeta would survive this easily.

Chapter Eight: Earth

Vegeta woke up that night hearing soft noises coming from Hotaru's room. He sat up and walked over to the door that connected their rooms. He suddenly heard Hotaru scream out so he ran into her room. Hotaru was sitting upright in her bed with her hands over her face.

"Hotaru?" She jumped and looked at him. "Are you okay?" He asked walking to her bed and sitting next to her.

"I think so. Just really shaken up."

"What was in your dream to scare you like this?" He asked.

"Nothing. It was just a silly dream." Vegeta didn't buy it but decided not to push it. At least until morning.

"If you say so. Think you'll be able to go back to sleep?" Hotaru nodded.

"I'll be fine." Vegeta got up and walked out when Hotaru laid back and closed her eyes. When she heard door close, Hotaru opened her eyes and turned on her side facing away from the door. "I wish it was just a dream but I can't shake the feeling that this dream will come true. If so, Vegeta will die on the slopes."

*The cabin ~the girls' room~*

Serenity and Hotaru were in the room they were sharing adding clothes to keep their bodies warm skiing. Hotaru saw her dream every time she closed her eyes.

"Hotaru is something wrong?" Serenity asked when she noticed the distress in her friend.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Hotaru answered. Serenity turned to Hotaru.

"I'm not buying that. Taru, Vegeta told me about that nightmare. Is that what's wrong?" Hotaru stiffened. "It is, isn't it." Hotaru nodded her head slightly knowing she couldn't hide anything from Serenity. "What is it that scares you so much? Tell me." Hotaru sat on one of the beds.

"I don't exactly remember everything that happened, but everything was happy and peaceful. But then the scene changed. I was alone in the dark until I was something ahead of me. I went closer to it and found out it was Vegeta. And he was covered in blood." Hotaru took in a deep shuddering breath. "He was dead. And it was my fault. I don't know how but it was. I just can't shake the feeling it will happen. Not to far in the near future." Serenity sat next to her on the bed looking at her sympathetically.

"That is horrible but Hotaru it's just a dream. That's it. You would never do anything to Vegeta. You know that. Plus Saiyans are much stronger than we are so you wouldn't be able to do anything to him. We won't have to worry about anything else considering how many trees Kakarot hit on one slope and still lived." Hotaru chuckled at that.

"I feel better now. Thanks Serenity." Serenity smiled and stood up.

"You're welcome Taru. I'll go see how the guys are coming. You finish up here." Serenity left Hotaru in the room to finish putting more clothes on. The guys were sitting on the couch waiting for the girls. "I see you two are done." She said sitting next to Endymion.

"What took you girls so long?" Endymion asked.

"We were talking," Serenity looked at Vegeta, "About Hotaru's dream last night." Vegeta looked back at her.

"Well what scared her so much?"

"You." Serenity answered. "She saw your body dead and she had somehow done it."

"Why in the world would she dream up something like that? Hotaru wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was absolutely necessary." Endymion commented.

"So that's what's been bothering her." Vegeta mumbled before Hotaru came out of the room.

"Well it looks like I'm the last one done." Hotaru said in a cheerful matter.

"Yep but this means we can go now." Serenity said jumping up from the couch. Endymion and Vegeta stood as well. They grabbed their skis and went outside of the cabin. The pairs separated when they got to the slopes. Vegeta and Hotaru went to the easier slopes so Hotaru could get used to skiing and Endymion and Serenity went to the more difficult slopes to test their skills.

"Vegeta I know how to ski but I'm just not good at it." Hotaru said when they to the first hill.

"So I see. You're just worried you'll embarrass yourself."

"Exactly." They went down the slope slower than usual. Vegeta made sure Hotaru was able to keep up. When they got to the bottom, Hotaru realized she was better than she thought but could still use some practice. So they decided on a higher hill.

"So are you feeling any better?" Vegeta asked. Hotaru cocked her head at him. "Serenity told me what your dream was about."

"Oh. Well since we've been skiing, I haven't thought about it at all." Hotaru said smiling.

"Good. I don't want anything to ruin our good time." They took their time to look at the view from the top. Vegeta saw how much Hotaru was enjoying the view. 'Too bad my ki abilities are in remission. She'd love the view from over the mountain.' He thought to himself. A loud boom was heard from far away. Vegeta's Saiyan hearing was able to pick up a rumbling noise. A little bit after Hotaru heard it too.

"What's that rumbling noise Vegeta?" Hotaru asked thinking it was his stomach again. Vegeta turned around only to see the worst thing to happen while he couldn't fly.

"Oh my Kami, it's an avalanche!" Hotaru whirled around. And sure enough it was coming straight for them. 'We have to get out of here.' Vegeta turned back to Hotaru. "Look ski hard and don't look back. Just follow me." He was ready to go.

"Wait Vegeta, my skis." Hotaru's right boot popped off the ski and she couldn't get it back in. He could feel her start to panic. Vegeta dropped the ski poles (I don't know what they're actually called so go with me). He came closer to her.

"Just take a deep breath." When she did, he pushed her out of the way. He held his arms over his face and took the avalanche head on.

*Endymion and Serenity*

Endymion and Serenity stopped at the cabin to take a little rest after already being on seven hills so far.

"So you think Vegeta and Hotaru are doing well on the slopes?" Endymion asked sitting on the couch.

"I think they're doing fine." Serenity answered sitting next to him. "I never seen Hotaru so happy before."

"Me either. They remind me of us." Endymion said leaning down and planting a kiss on Serenity's lips. They heard a loud boom in the background. "What was that?"

"It sounded like thunder." They looked at each other and went outside. They looked up in the mountains and saw the avalanche start.

"Oh my Kami that's where Vegeta and Hotaru are!" Serenity said hysterically.

"They'll be okay. Saiyans can fly. He'll get them out of there." Endymion said. Serenity looked up at him and went inside incase the avalanche came there. Endymion looked out at the beginning avalanche. "I hope." He mumbled before going back inside. Serenity was on the couch looking scared to death. "Once the avalanche passes, we'll go out and look for them." He reassured her. She nodded and prayed silently that Hotaru and Vegeta would walk through that door any minute now.

*Sometime later*

Hotaru opened her eyes and lifted her head.

"Vegeta?" She wondered where he was. Then she remembered the avalanche. "Vegeta!" She got up and tried to look for him. "He's got to be here. He's got to. He could have gotten away but he came back to save me. I should have made him leave." She tripped over a branch hidden by snow. "I've got to find him." She was hysterical. She looked around with her eyes. She caught sight of a body a few feet in front of her.

"Vegeta!" She did her best to run to him. She brushed snow off of his face, neck and chest. "I'm here Vegeta." She said putting his head in her lap despite the small trail of blood from his mouth. "It's going to be okay Vegeta, it's okay to be okay." She was crying as she brushed off more snow off him. "Open you eyes Vegeta. You've got to open your eyes you've got to. You can't leave me Vegeta. You promised you would never leave me. I lost my father if I lost you, I couldn't take it. I couldn't." She was in such despair she actually started reflecting on the past events of the days since she met Vegeta.

When she came back to reality, she lost all control of her emotions. Tears flowed more than ever as she cried. She looked toward the sky.

"Why have you taken him from me?! Why didn't you thake me instead?!" She screamed. "I should've trusted my dream. I knew it!" She cried harder as she looked at her prince. She stayed there, in the freezing snow crying for her lost love. Soon she ran out of tears. She could feel herself getting weaker. She laid out next to Vegeta, welcoming the darkness soon to come.

*Endymion*

Endymion set a search party for missing people when the avalanche passed. His main goal though was to find Hotaru and Vegeta. He went off on his own search when all the missing people were found except Hotaru and Vegeta. He went to the hill he expected them to be at. He started yelling out Vegeta and Hotaru's names hoping if they were there they'd answer.

*Hotaru*

Hotaru was cold. Darkness hadn't come yet meaning she was still alive. She faintly heard her name being called but didn't know why. When it got louder she realized it was Endymion calling her.

"Endymion." She said weakly knowing he couldn't hear that. She used all her energy to yell his name as loud as she could which still wasn't very loud. He must have heard her because she could hear running steps coming closer. Endymion came into her view.

"Oh Kami." He ran up to Hotaru and helped her stand.

"Vegeta's dead." She said a fresh batch of tears coming to her eyes. Endymion looked down at Vegeta. He thought he saw Vegeta move so he bent down to check for a pulse. He looked up at Hotaru and looked hopeful.

"I've got a pulse." Hotaru eyes widened in shock. "It's weak but I've got one. We need to get him somewhere warm." Hotaru nodded and helped Endymion put Vegeta on his back. They walked to the cabin where Serenity was. She jumped up when she saw them come through.

"Hotaru, you're okay. What happened to Vegeta?" She said wrapping a blanket around Hotaru. Endymion took Vegeta to a bedroom, put him in a bed and covered his body in warm blankets.

"We saw the avalanche coming and we couldn't get away fast enough. Serenity I was so scared. Vegeta pushed me out of the way and we I woke up I found him. I thought he was dead but he wasn't. I hadn't even thought about taking a pulse." Hotaru said. "I was just too out of it."

"I understand that. We were so worried you wouldn't come back." Serenity said hugging her friend. I'm so happy the both of you came back."


Vegeta did wake up about three hours later. Hotaru never let him out of her sight since. And neither did he. Serenity suggested that the two of them share a room considering what they had been through. They agreed and everyone went to bed hoping to forget what all happened and never remember it again.