Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Claws of Fire ❯ Changes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
*Hi there everyone! My name's Salvia and I'm a great DBZ and SM fan, like many of you. This is my new fic a DBZ/SM crossover. Actually it's more DBZ than SM, but it's still a crossover. Anyway, I hope you'll like it. The rating of the story may change, throughout the story. There is some Mamoru bashing in this story, not much, as he's not the main character (I just don't really like him), but this is definitely not for Usagi-and-Mamoru-lovers...Hmm other than that would be... well yes, the story begins during the timeline when Goku was born (on Vegeta-sei). In my story that means some... umm 200 years after the battle with Galaxia (being a goddess, I assume that she remains young for quite a long time - and throughout the whole story, so don't ask questions about this).
Disclaimers: I do not own DBZ or SM, they belong to their respective holders. Namely Akira Toriyama and Naoko Takeuchi. Prince Alexander of the Moon belongs to me, of course.
Ok, enough with the speech, now to the story. Enjoy!

__________________
Claws of Fire
by Salvia Tanima
* * * *
Chapter one: Changes
__________________

Hurried footsteps echoed throughout the dimly lit, cold, hallway. Her pretty high-heeled shoes clanged monotonously on the hard stone floor. Suddenly she stopped. Faint sounds of someone breathing harshly caught her sensitive ears. She continued walking, albeit more relaxed. It was now clear where the person, she was looking for, was. In the training room. However she did become a little afraid when seeing the empty room. 'Suicide', was her first thought. But then again, not. Whenever the girl had felt lonely, she would've gone and spar with someone.

"I sure hope, that she won't kill someone, these days", Neptune said out loud, as she reached the training room.
"I don't think so", another slightly deeper voice replied," She's not changed... that much".

Uranus was leaning casually against the opened door of the training room. Smiling reassuringly at Neptune, she turned her head towards the pitch black training room, occasionally lit by tiny sparks. Every now and then clear sounds of pain could be heard. Then, all of a sudden, she gripped Neptune's arm, pulling her sharply to her, just in time to avoid the other senshi's collision with the boy, who was sent flying into the wall of the stone hallway. As he hit the wall, it cracked considerably.

"If this is going like this, I won't even be able to hear her movements anymore", Uranus commented casually as she inspected the boy.
"Hear her movements?" Neptune asked bewildered.
"You don't honestly think that I can actually *see* her. She's too fast for my eyes".

Neptune gazed into the darkness of the room, as the slim form of a girl began to make itself visible. Her long blond hair, was pulled high in a ponytail reaching bellow her knees. She was wearing a white gi, along with a black undershirt, and white boots. She made her way casually to the two senshi standing in the doorway.

"You'll kill someone these days, you know?" Uranus looked at her worried.

The girl lifted her head, her deep blue eyes looking fiercely into hers for a moment, then softening all of a sudden. A faint, sad smile appeared on her pretty features.

"Yes, I'm well aware of that", she bowed her head," That's why I decided to accept Master Kaioh's offer".
"What offer?" Uranus enquired, her eyes narrowing in a frown.

The blond didn't respond. She, instead, made her way to her earlier victim. Placing him into a sitting position, she put her hand lightly on his chest. He began to glow and, under the bewildered eyes of Uranus and Neptune, he began to breathe normally, and his eyes opened.

"Gomen nasai. I didn't mean to be so harsh", the blond smiled sadly.
"It's okay Serenity-hime, I'm used to it. Are you feeling better now", the boy enquired genuinely worried.
"Hai, arigatou" , her smile widened slightly.

She helped him up, bowing to him once again, causing the boy to blush fiercely. On seeing the two senshi, he too bowed low, and hurried away, as fast as he could.

"You can heal persons with just your energy?!" Uranus gaped at her.
"When did you learn this?" Neptune's eyes glued to her.

Serenity shrugged, turning her back to the two.

"Master Kaioh taught this to me. He said it was native, and he only had to reawaken it", and she slowly walked away in the direction Neptune came from.

The two senshi could only stare after her for a moment. Healing with pure energy? Sure they had known that some godly beings possessed such powers, but Serenity had never before shown such abilities. Before... yes that was the word: two years before. In just one year she had changed by almost 180 degrees. Her beautiful blue eyes had never ever shown their previous joy.

"Boy, she's finally becoming the true princess of the Moon", Uranus whispered in awe.
"You know, I highly doubt this", Neptune said, startling the other girl.
"Nani? What do you mean?"
"I'm very much afraid that she will give up being a princess, leaving all this to Prince Alexander", she said, not bothering to look at her friend.
"Prince Alexander? Her brother? But he's not half as powerful as she is".
"Yet".
"Huh?"
"With the proper training, he will be".
"Aha, so you mean the *proper* training", Uranus eyed her strangely.
"Hai", Neptune nodded.
"As a husband?!" she asked sarcastically.
"Oh you", she frowned exasperated," You're impossible! Queen Serenity is not dead, actually she's in perfect health, so he still has time to... well train", she said, slapping Uranus harmlessly on the shoulder.

* * * *

The four women standing in the large lobby of the royal palace of the Moon Kingdom, were gazing interested to the ceiling. The tasteful decoration, along with the beautiful paintings on the wall made quite a nice view. One of them, with shining silver hair, pulled up in a long pony-tail, which reached her bottom, wearing a black leather top, along with equally black shorts and a pair of tall and elegant high-heeled boots, stepped forward looking up to the ceiling with rather critical eyes. Her green eyes twinkled mischievously.

"Not as elegant as I had previously thought", she remarked casually.
"And that's why you left your mouth open when you entered the palace", another replied sarcastically.

She was wearing the same clothes as the silver-haired one, even her hairdo was the same, albeit her hair was a wavy dark blue, with equally colored eyes.

"I did not!" the silver-haired snapped," You were the one who did so, Fighter", she frowned.

Fighter raised her eyebrows enquiringly at her.

"My dear, beloved Healer. You know that I don't care for interior decoration that much", she pointed out sarcastically.
"The decoration is very good taste, Healer", another voice said, as an equally dressed girl, with light brown hair and purple eyes, stepped to them.
"Thank you very much Maker!" Healer turned away from the two," You always agree with Fighter".
"And you like to criticize everything you see, whether you're right or not", Fighter angrily retorted.
"Oh you--" she was cut mid-sentence.
"Enough you two! You're grown up now, stop behaving like little kids", the fourth, a red-haired woman, stepped between them.
"Ano Kakyuu-hime--", Healer began.
"Oh really Healer! Why can't you just admire pretty things?"

She didn't answer, stubbornly turning her back to the three. Mutely refusing to discuss the matter anymore, causing Fighter and Maker to burst into a fit of laugh, angering Healer more. Suddenly a tall, brown haired guard came to them.

"Excuse me, the princess may enter now... alone", he added hesitantly.
"It's okay", she raised a hand to her, already preparing, senshi," I'm coming", she gave one warning gaze to the three.

Her red hair flowed elegantly behind her as she followed the guard. The three senshi looked after her, not really trusting the guard, till they heard the door open and then close with a loud THUD.

"Maybe we're being just paranoid", Maker said, tilting her head to the side, gazing into the darkness of the hallway .
"But we're her protectors!" Healer protested," We *have* to be!"
"Paranoid?" Fighter asked sarcastically.

The silver-haired senshi refrained from replying. She only glared at her taller friend, then turned her back to her. Fighter smiled and would've said more, if Maker wouldn't have put a hand in front of her face.

"What now?"
"Don't you hear?"

Sure enough they heard two very familiar voices, albeit very silently. As they listened on, the voices became more louder, until they could clearly make out the conversation.

"Giving up becoming a queen, just because of an idiot", one of the voices said.
"It's not just the prince", the other replied.
"Then what? What have *we* done to her? She has the obligation to become queen", the first one continued indignantly.
"Prince Alexander, will do a fine king", the second replied calmly.
"Do you agree with her?" the first asked.
"Maybe it would be better this way... Anyway, you know you can't make her", the other one continued.

Instead of an answer, quickening footsteps were heard. Suddenly the three senshi noticed the form of a tall and girl, wearing a short blued skirt along with dark blue boots. As her steps quickened, the three recognized Uranus. She stopped suddenly, and turned sharply on her heels.

"I *will* make her!" she shouted.

Soft footsteps were heard as Neptune reached her friend, looking at her slightly amused, then passing her by. Uranus was bewildered as Neptune didn't answer her, she always did before.

"Don't you think I deserved an answer?" she asked following her.
"And what exactly will you do to her? If I may ask?" Neptune's gaze turned serious as she turned to look at Uranus.

The other senshi was taken aback. She was right. What could she do?

"I'll give her a fight that she'll remember all her life!" she snapped.
"I would say that you'll be the one remembering it, all your life... Face it Uranus, you can't beat her in martial arts", she concluded.
"But she's the Princess of the Moon, damn it! She *has* to become queen! She *can't* be so selfish! If it's necessary I'll kill that bastard!" she snapped exasperated.
"You can't", Neptune simply stated.

As the two walked towards the exit they noticed the three standing near them bewildered. Uranus looked at them, her gaze finally resting on Fighter.

" *I* will kill him!" she whispered fiercely," I will *not* let *you* do this!" she glared at Fighter's uncomprehending face.

She then stomped her way out of the palace, muttering curse words all the way. Fighter looked after her bewildered, not understanding
what she had meant.

"Starlights! Hello, how are you?" Neptune asked politely.
"Fine thanks", Maker replied politely as well.
"Hi", Healer grunted her greeting," What are you doing here?" she frowned.
"I work here", she smiled at her bewildered face.
"Work?! Aren't you Usagi's senshi?"
"I am. And this is the Moon Kingdom, and Usagi... I mean Serenity-hime is the daughter of Queen Serenity".
"The princess of the Moon", Fighter snapped, startling the other three.
"Hai", she nodded.
"Who's the prince, Uranus was talking about?" he gripped her hand.

She glared at him, then on seeing the sheer determination clearly written on her features, Neptune's eyes softened. She shook her head slightly, her deep aqua eyes settling on Fighter's.

"It's no use. You really don't have to attract their anger too. She wouldn't want this. It would only make her even more depressed", she said softly.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Healer snapped angrily.

She looked at them for a moment not knowing whether she should tell them or not.

"Mamoru left her", she stated flatly," And he told the senshi that she had cheated on him, and they believed him, and turned their back to her".
"And why the heck didn't she tell them that he was lying?" Healer looked at her angrily.
"She did. But they said she was just an ordinary slut", she lowered her head.
"But you do believe her... right?" Fighter asked, her voice cracking.
"Yes. I... we know that she would've never done such a thing. She adored Mamoru... But the others... they believed him".
"The others?" Maker enquired.
"Mars, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus", she whispered," Uranus warned them, if they thought so of her, we would never ever talk to them, but they believed Mamoru".
"I'll--", Fighter began.
"That's what Uranus meant", Neptune turned to her.
"But I--".
"We can't do him anything. She prohibited us to... right after the senshi turned their back on her".
"But she's depressed... why aren't you doing anything?" Fighter gripped her gloved hand desperately.
"We tried, but... she's changed".
"Changed?! What do you mean by changed?"

All of a sudden a loud noise could be heard from upstairs, and few seconds after, a servant ran down scared and disappeared into the darkness of the hallway.

"No please... your highness", a voice pleaded.
"I don't want this!" an icy voice snapped," Why can't you understand this? Are you deaf or what?"
"But princess! You *have* to eat!"

Instead of an answer, the four noticed some bowls flying at top speed towards them. Neptune instantly lifted her hands, stretching them in front of herself, murmuring something they couldn't understand. Then, unbelievably, before their eyes, the objects stopped in mid air for a second, then fell limp to the ground. The Starlights could only stare at the objects in awe, not being able to say a word.

"I'm beginning to think that she won't find a matching opponent", Neptune remarked absently.
"Just one question", Healer said, her eyes focusing on her.
"Hmm?"
"Since when is she good at this stuff?!"
"That's what I meant when I said, she's changed... She doesn't care anymore for others... or at least this side of her is quite rarely seen. Every day she spars with some five boys and she nearly kills them... I haven't seen her bother for one of them before... the only time I've seen her do this, was today when Uranus reproached her, that she would be insensitive... I doubt that Tsukino Usagi or Sailor Moon will ever be seen", she turned her serious gaze to the three.

Suddenly a loud THUD was heard, along with the sound of broken glass. As they turned a painting of Princess Serenity, in her royal dress, lay on the floor. Its glass frame broken, the pieces littered all over the stone floor.

"NO!! Damn it! I said no!!! Now get out!" Serenity's voice was heard again.
"But princess... where are you going?"
"Away from here!" she replied harshly.

Walking down the stairs, her fiery blue eyes encountered the three bewildered Starlights. She stopped, nearly dropping her suitcase, and her eyes seemed to have become wet, but in a second her earlier frown returned as she glared at Neptune.

"Is this your final decision?" Neptune asked softly.
"Yes. I'm going... or else I'll kill someone these days", she said, resuming her walk.

She stopped abruptly at the door, straightening her position.

"Fighter?" she asked, her voice changed.
"Hai?"
"Arigatou... for everything", she turned to her.

A genuine smile graced her face for a few seconds, and it seemed as Usagi has returned, but in an instant it vanished just as abruptly as it had appeared. However her eyes remained those of Usagi, as she turned to Neptune.

"Michiru-san?" she asked politely, startling Neptune.

She hadn't used her 'earth-name' for over two years.

"Yes?"
"I'll write to you... and Haruka-san and Setsuna-san, and to Hotaru-chan, of course. I'll let you know how I'll be doing... kay?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly.
"Please do", Neptune's eyes became wet," And take good care of yourself".
"I will", she said turning away, and literally disappearing.

The three could only stare after her, without a word. It had been their old Usagi, all right, but they could see very well that she was suffering. It was almost as if she didn't want to go away, and would've liked to be the happy teenage girl again, but someone... or maybe something refused to grant her this wish.

"Can she teleport... alone?" Healer asked bewildered.
"Yes... but she didn't use her teleportation skills this time. She just moved very fast", Neptune fought to regain her composure.
"How can you say?" Maker asked startled.
"When she uses teleportation she's faster".
"FASTER??!!" all three gaped at her.

Neptune looked at them sadly.

"Just forget her... it's best for you. She won't return here. There are too many memories in here... Just forget her", she said making her way out of the palace, leaving the three bewildered senshi behind.

End of chapter one
______________________
*Well? What is your first impression of the story? Yes, I know, I know I said it would be more DBZ than SM, but the rest of the chapters will be different. I promise! I may post the second chapter soon, I don't know, for sure. Anyway please review. I accept anything. Just tell me what you think of this.