Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Claws of Fire ❯ Future Visions ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
*Hi everyone! I'm SOOOO happy that you reviewed my story so fast. I'm really impressed, that so many of you liked my story. And here's chapter 2, as I promised. It deals with more DBZ... actually the only SM character is Serenity (I'll use her princess name, since I find it nicer). Well enjoy... I hope you'll like this chapter even more.

Black Lion- Thank you. Of course, I'll write a second chapter, since I told you I would. Here it is.

Alex- I'm really sorry for that. In case you would want to read this chapter too, I was talking about Serenity having changed(in the 1-st chapter), liking to spar, and being merciless with her opponents. And others' reaction to this. Namely: Uranus, Neptune, the Starlights. In the end she left for the planet of Master Kaioh. I sincerely hope I was clearer here.

CyberAngelOne- Thank you. Here's the continuation (part of it). But please note that I won't write very much about the inners. I don't really like them. So hope you like this chapter too.

Neo-QueenCelestia-Thank you, very much. And no, it won't be a 'good-bye forever' to the outers and Starlights, but please note that the story is not a SM story. I'll only concentrate on Serenity(from SM). There will be cameos for the above mentioned senshi, though. So here's the continuation.

neoqueenserena84-I will continue (I mean I already *am* continuing it) and you will find out the answer for your question soon. I hope you'll like my story.

Akiko- Thank you for the compliment.

solarmistress17-(*smiles widely*) of course I will! I really *am* bored of them. But there won't be much of it, as this is not the main plot. Here's the update: ch2. Thanks for the compliment.

Haruka-hime- Thank you (smiles). I appreciate this. I gladly accept your volunteering. Please do... or no. Better torture him a little bit more. I like it better like that. K? Here's ch2, then.

Sailor Purgatory-Thank you. I revised the first ch, and fixed the errors, I saw. I really checked it with the Word Spellcheck, but it looks like it skipped some of the errors. I'm really sorry, if it is an overused plot. I really didn't read such plots on ff.net (SM crossovers for that matter), so I didn't know. But I assure you, I will *not*, and didn't have the intention of copying. Thanks, I'll keep it up!

Jewelclaw Lady of Wind- Thank you very very very very much!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's ch2.

James Merrit- Thank you very much for being so kind and e-mailing me. I really appreciate this. I'm glad you liked my story.
____________________________
Claws of Fire
by Salvia Tanima
* * * * *
Chapter two: Future Visions
____________________________

Master Kaioh was watching her carefully. She looked really peaceful at that moment. Sitting under the large oak tree (AN: or whatever tree it is- I don't know), with her eyes softly closed, legs crossed and her hands laying on her knees, she looked like an angel. Not a single frown framed her pretty face. He smiled at her and she in turn smiled back slightly, causing Master Kaioh to look at her startled. Sure enough, her eyes were closed, and she didn't blink at all. Had she gone so far? Could she let her soul wander around, but still be connected with her body?

"Amazing", he muttered under his breath.

All of a sudden he heard a faint laugh, that slowly erupted into a fit of giggles.

"You haven't seen a thing... Master", he heard her voice.

Turning to her in amazement, he saw that she was smiling broader now, with eyes still closed. He raised an eyebrow. She in turn twisted her mouth, letting him now that she was reading his thoughts perfectly well.

"I'll show you something else... that I *really* find...ummm at least a *bit* amazing", she continued casually.

Master Kaioh's jaw dropped in amazement. She hadn't moved a muscle for this. Her lips remained firmly closed. She had spoken telepathically to him! This was amazing! Normally they should've had a special link for this. But before he could recollect from his initial shock, he felt a slight wind caress his feet, then all of a sudden it became much stronger. It swept everything away, only to return, arranging them in a better order they were before. Master Kaioh could only gape at the sight before him. This was not possible! Yes, of course he knew she was a godly being as well, but... well this was beyond his wildest imagination.

"How did you do this?" he managed to say.

Her eyes instantly flew open, and she settled them on her Master. Shrugging casually, she jumped up with a wide grin.

"Let's make something to eat! I'm starving!" she smiled.
"Okay", he gazed at her absently.
"Can I cook?" she asked tilting her head to the side, eyeing him carefully.
"Yes", he was still gazing at her in awe.

She straightened at that, and frowned at him, but on seeing no change in his attitude, she resumed her walk to her Master's house. On reaching the door, she turned back once more.

"Chips with fried eggs?" she suggested.
"Huh?" he gasped out.

Smiling at him, she snapped her fingers, bringing him back to reality. He rested his stunned gaze on her.

"Where are you going?"

She laughed at this.

"Cooking... and was asking if chips and eggs were alright".
"Oh, sure", he nodded," As long as--"
"Yes, I know: as long as I don't burn the kitchen down", she laughed, disappearing in the house.

She decided to keep him company, and he was really glad. In the past weeks, he's been awfully busy with her, and that made him look at life more optimistically than before. Maybe he wasn't going to always be alone, after all. She was very good at martial arts, there was nothing more he could've taught her. And she achieved it in only two years.

"Amazing things can rage do", he muttered absently.

Stepping out of the house, carrying a tray with two plates, she heard his last word. Inspecting him more carefully she didn't find anything wrong, so she shrugged.

"Dinner's ready!" she called cheerily.
"Mmmm... smells good. Looks like I'm a good teacher, after all", he smirked.
"Yeah, I guess so", she laughed at him too," You've taught me cooking quite well" (AN: I wasn't referring to the chips or the eggs here - obviously).

They ate silently and the Master could only stare at her in awe. She has changed so much, since she first came to him, two years ago. She had been weak, and destroyed. He didn't actually know what had happened to her, but she wanted to be able to avenge something she had never mentioned to him. He knew only one thing: someone had hurt her deeply, someone she hadn't expected to. Paradoxically, she had always refrained from actually *doing* something to achieve her goal. She, obviously, still cared for the person. In the end, she had out passed everyone's expectations. Not even him, her Master, did know of some powers she had.

"Are you okay?" he asked her, all of a sudden.
"Huh?" she looked at him uncomprehending for a moment, then, " Umm.. yeah.. sure... I'm okay", she shrugged and resumed eating.

She was not, he could tell this. She was frustrated that she still couldn't avenge her pain. There was one thing she didn't realize, when she decided to learn martial arts: even if she were the strongest being in the universe, she still had a pure heart, no matter how hard she had tried to deny it. She couldn't beat her friends...well former friends, as she still cared for them. Nevertheless she still had an enormous amount of unused energy in her, she couldn't spend, for lack of a proper opponent.

"I think I found the proper opponent for you", he said all of a sudden.
"Really?" she looked up excited.
"Yes... that's your main problem, after all", he added mysteriously.

* * * *

She was hovering above the planet, Master Kaioh had indicated. It didn't look special to her. It looked like most of the planets in the universe, maybe without so many oceans and green places like the Earth, but it still wasn't very much out of the ordinary. Looking around for a living being, she gently lowered herself to the ground, her gaze settling on a tall, spiky, black-haired man. He had a noticeable scar on his left cheek, that covered it almost entirely. He also had a green device on his left eyes, that seemed to show him some data, that he examined very carefully. Then, all of a sudden, he turned towards her. On seeing Serenity, his eyes widened considerably.

"You... you could be so?... nah that's not possible", he said staring in awe at her.

She raised an eyebrow, not understanding what was wrong. For an instant she thought of reading his thoughts, but decided against it, considering it would be rude of her to do so. Meanwhile, the man shook his head violently, as if his thoughts would've been too overwhelming for him. He unclasped the device on his eye, and began to wriggle it violently, but it obviously didn't show any changes. Getting really mad at the green device, he squished it in his hands angrily.

"Bah! Nothing's done properly, anymore", he muttered barely above a whisper.
"Umm... sir", she tried," can I help you?"
"Most probably n--", he stopped mid-sentence, his gaze glued to her," Did you just... did you just... call me... sir?" he asked uncertainly.
"Umm... yeah. Why what's wrong? Was I impolite?" she bowed in attempt of apologizing.

He could only stare at her bewildered then began laughing loudly. Serenity waited patiently, till the man calmed down a bit.

"Excuse me... miss", he emphasized the last word," but where did you live?"

She raised an eyebrow at him. This time reading his thoughts. She saw a monkey-like creature torturing everyone on the planet. His name was Freezer, and it looked like he was the only one to be called with the title of 'sir' or 'master'. She nodded startling the man in front of her.

"Oh, now I get it...", she said, causing the man to raise an eyebrow at her," So this Freezer is the only one to... umm be treated like... how to say it... like something worth existing. Am I right?" she asked.
"Huh? But how--"
"I read your mind", she smiled at him, then bowing," I'm sorry, but it looked like I have made quite a powerful impression on you", she explained," So I figured it would be better if I just read your thoughts", she concluded.

He left his mouth open in amazement. This could not be possible.

"You can read others' thoughts?"

She nodded.

"Everyone's?"
"I've never met someone that could hide them from me till now. But no one knows...", she shrugged.

He could only stare at her in awe, his body bent ahead, in attempt to look at her more carefully.

"Are you a godly being, or what?"
"Well...", she paused, her eyes becoming a darker shade of blue," you could say that... too", she answered, her voice clearly showing, he had touched a subject she did not like to discuss.
"Oh, now I get it!" he straightened," Then the machine wasn't broken after all", he looked down at the green remains of his device on the ground.
"I'm sorry", she said," Let me fix it then", she offered, startling him once again.

Lifting one arm in front of herself, she caused the particles to lift in the air before them. The broken parts were rapidly coming together, without her having touched the device. Then unbelievably, before him, his device was functioning again, and she directed it right into his hands.

"Wow", he gasped checking it," It works better than before".
"Oh, really? I'm glad I could help you", she smiled.

He looked at her intently then smiling too, he spoke.

"You know, you're the first one to be so kind to me. If... well I know it's stupid... but could we be friends?" he asked, the pleading tone of his voice startling her.

She smiled at him and nodded, making his smile wider.

"Well then... hi! My name's Serenity", she stretched her hand towards him," Nice to meet you...", she paused waiting for him to introduce himself as well.
"Oh, hi!", he smiled shaking her hand vigorously," My name's Bardock. Nice to meet you too".
"Well then, I hope we'll be good friends", she smiled genuinely.
"I hope so too", he smiled too," And umm... why did you... ergh... come here... If I may ask. It's not that I'm not glad, but it's not necessarily very nice here", he explained.

She just laughed at his embarrassment.

"I came here to spar", she said suddenly, startling Bardock.
"Huh?"
"I haven't found a matching opponent yet. Would you spar with me, please?" she asked.

He stared at her bewildered. That was one strange girl. She came here to spar!

"Listen girl! Do you know where you are?"
"Umm.. where?"
"On Vegeta-sei. This is the planet of the sayajins, one of the most powerful race in the universe", he declared.
"I don't think so", she smirked slightly.
"That we are sayajins?"
"No. The fact that you would be one of the most powerful race in the universe", she said matter-of-factly," If you would be as strong as you say, you would've defeated this Freezer", she concluded.
"Eh... well, why should we? He needs us. And we're comfortable with this situation", he blushed slightly.

She raised an eyebrow at this. But didn't comment it any further.

"Now do you want to spar or not?" she asked a little impatiently, ignoring his embarrassment.
"Okay", he jumped in fighting stance.

She settled in a fighting stance too, observing her new opponent for a minute, then running towards him at top speed. Prepared, Bardock directed his fist into her stomach, but to his amazement she disappeared in the last moment before he could touch her. Suddenly a sharp pain pierced through his neck, as he felt something hard slam into it. Turning swiftly, holding a hand at his neck, he saw her. Realizing she was serious, he started attacking her at top speed, with everything at his disposition, namely hands and legs. But to his amazement, she dodged every single attack skillfully. Wanting to surprise her, he flew up in the sky, but to his amazement she flew after him, directing a punch into his stomach, causing his eyes to bulge noticeably, as he crouched over his stomach. He still watched her, as she flew above him. Forming a ki ball in his right hand, he raised his hand, and threw the ki ball at her with all his might. Instead of trying to get out of its way, Serenity formed her own ki ball, sending his his attack back, his energy beam coming back full force at him, shaping him to the ground. As he lay on his back panting heavily, she lowered herself to the ground as well.

"Now you can kill me", he gasped hoarsely.
"WHAT?" she stared at him stunned," Why should I kill you? You're my friend, right?"
"But you have defeated me"
"So what? We'll train together, and next time you'll be better", she frowned at him, while yanking him to his feet, none to gently.
"But why?" he looked at her.
"Baka", she said turning away from him.

He just looked at her long golden hair, not understanding why she had refused to kill him.

"So that's what a friend is... someone... you care for?" he asked uncertainly.
"Of course!" she snapped, turning.
"We sayajins aren't allowed to...ummm show feelings. This is seen as a sign of weakness".
"That's stupid", she glared at him.

He smiled at his new friend. She was something else, and damn stubborn too. Since then, they became best friends, training together. She met his two older sons, Raditz and Turles, that had to depart for another planet, to conquer it in the name of Freezer. His youngest son, Kakarotto, was only a baby, and instantly conquered her icy heart with his adorable little frowns. Bardock in turn, met Master Kaioh, as Serenity's only family.

One day, when she visited him on Vegeta-sei, she found him, lying on his bed, in great pain. Rushing to his side, she attended to him. Healing his wounds with her energy, she cooked him a large meal, which he ate greedily. And to her amazement, finding it excellent too (AN: I know that was lame! But well, I'm showing that she has learned... and considering the sayajin appetite....). However, he was once again stunned by her gentleness.

"You never cease to amaze me, you know Serenity", he smiled at her worried features.
"Very wise of you to nearly get killed, and then no one to attend to you", she frowned at him.
"You're the only one", he shrugged casually," So there *is* someone that cares for me".

She looked at him genuinely worried, till she saw that he had indeed been healed by her powers.

"Now tell me, what happened?"
"I was beaten up by some beings, that forcefully gave me the power to see the future", he stated flatly.
"And that's a very sad thing", she said sarcastically.
"It is. Especially when I saw Freezer's true intentions: he wants to destroy the planet", he continued.
"And is this something new? I mean it's not that he had been treating you very well", she tilted her head to the side.
"But we thought he needed us" he panicked.
"I highly doubt it. You are a possible menace for him, being so strong... plus the super sayajins--"
"That's just a legend. No one has actually achieved this stage".
"But who said no one would?"

He didn't answer her, and when she turned to look at him, she saw he had gone into a trance. His eyes were moving fast, as if they were watching a fight, or some very rapidly happening events. After a minute he stood up, getting dressed (AN: So, he wasn't naked... No hentai... yet...that's much later ^_^).

"What are you doing?" she inquired
"I'm going to fight Freezer", he stated calmly.
"You're kidding", she laughed at him
"I'm very serious", he looked at her seriously.

Serenity felt her head spin. This wasn't true. She had to lose her best friend because of his stupid sayajin pride? No! She would not stand there and await his doom.

"I'll help you!" she sprang to her feet," There is no way you can beat him".

He smiled warmly at her, then shook his head.

"No. We, the sayajins must avenge the deaths of our comrades. And it's us, who have to do this. No one else".
"Oh stop! You won't achieve anything. At least come with me and train, so then you will be strong enough for this", she pleaded.
"And leave my planet behind like a coward?"
"Warn them, and go away!"
"I already did, and they didn't believe me".
"Then let me ask you this question. What do you think you will achieve, with this foolish pride of yours? You'll be killed in a matter of minutes", her tears flowing freely now.

He smiled at her gently. Then walking closer to her, he kissed her gently on the cheek.

"You're still a child, you know?"
"And your children?" she continued ignoring his previous remark

He smiled at this sadly.

"Raditz and Turles are very much devoted to Freezer", he bowed his head," So, please take Kakarotto with you", he looked at her lovingly," I know you'll take good care of him".

Her eyes rested on the little boy's bed, before returning to Bardock.

"At least don't go alone"
"I'm not", he smiled, patting her gently on the shoulder.

He smiled at her once again, and then left. She could only stare after him, then, her knees giving way, she sunk to the floor. Barely supporting herself, with her arms, she couldn't stop crying. Why? Why was he so foolish? She had been the same...once...many years ago... but she didn't want to be the savior of the world. Not anymore. It only brings one pain, and suffering. Finally getting up, she slowly walked over to Kakarotto's bed, gently lifting the sleeping child in her arms, and she flew up to the sky, her tears still wetting her pretty face.

End of chapter two

__________________
*Weeeeeell? How was it? Did you like it, was it boring, couldn't you understand what was happening? Just say something. I'm currently listening to "Big big world" (Emilia), and it really seems to soothe the mood of this chapter. Oh well... *sighs*.... I hope I don't start crying too. Anyway please review it, so I know what you think of it. In case you would want an on-line friend, you can e-mail me anytime.
Salvia