Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Claws of Fire ❯ Denying the Past ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
*Now this really *is* a surprise! I honestly thought this part was worse than the previous one. Of course if you liked it, then I shall continue this. Before I continue though, I'd like to tell you one more thing: right now I'm having a week holiday, and that's why I could update the stories so fast, but I won't be able to do this in the future, so please be patient with me. Usually I have lots of homework, so bear with me. Ok, I really hope you won't be very mad at me. So on with the story... ergh.. thanks-list(I really appreciate your reviews).

Alex - Ok, I'm relieved :-). So I hope you'll find this chapter ok too.

GekkaniMusouka - Yeah... umm that was my first intention too, but there are far too many stories about adult Son Goku helping Usagi, so I changed my plot, and will have no Goku/Serenity pairing in this. Anyway, I'm really glad you like my story.

Neo-QueenCelestia - Now, really? I didn't think it was *that* sad. Anyway, as long as you like the story, it's okay, I guess. Thanks for the compliments.

Akiko - Well thank you for your kind thought. I really do appreciate it.

MarsMoonStar - Thanks. Of course I will!!

Galexz - Umm... yeah, but... ugh no, I won't tell you the continuation, read it! Hehehe! Thanks for the compliment.

Prophetess Of Hearts - Oh, well then I hope you'll like this chapter too.

The Great Seanman - Thanks! As for your comment, everywhere I read, and I read in some five places this, Turles was Goku's *brother*...oh yeah, I read about a cousin of his too, but that was Brolly (I'm not sure if it is true, since I only found this on one site). Oh yeah, by the way: pun intended? I'm not making fun of you, oh no! It's only that, I sort of, couldn't stop laughing when I saw the episodes featuring The Great Sayaman, he was so hilarious! His presentation poses! LOL. Anyway thanks for the review.

Jewelclaw Lady of Wind - I'm very glad you like this chapter too (*smiles wide*). I'll do my best, but as I've said above, I'll be having quite a lot of homework to do, so don't be too impatient.

solarmistress17 - Well, I'm awfully glad you like this. Here's the update.

Sailor Purgatory - I'm glad you liked it. And I'm not going to answer your other... ummm remarks, as I would give the story away.

Wolf - *smiles* I'm very glad you like this. Here's the continuation.... Idon'tevenwanttoknowwhatyou'llsayonfinihingthis....ummm did someone say anything? *looks around searching*

_________________________________
Claws of Fire
by Salvia Tanima
* * * * *
Chapter three: Denying the Past
_________________________________

She stood once again above Vegeta-sei, glancing down on the planet, just like she did three months before, when she first came there. She refused to believe that it would explode and steal her best friend away, without her being able to do anything against it. Suddenly she saw a tiny red spot glowing, that quickly spread over the entire planet. Feeling the immense power of the explosion, she turned her back to the planet, in attempt of protecting little Kakarotto from any harm. Flying further away from the source of explosion, her arms tightened around the small baby, protectively. However she still felt something push into her back, as her ponytail danced in front of her, flown ahead by the force of the explosion. As she felt the power subside, she turned back. She really had to hold Kakarotto tightly, otherwise, she would've let him fall. The sight that greeted her, literally took her breath away. There was absolutely no sign of Vegeta-sei anymore. As if it had never existed. She couldn't believe it, and just stood there, floating in space and staring into the nothingness, that was once a planet. From the corner of her eyes, she saw a spaceship change course. She glared after it with rage, but she refrained from flying after it, firstly because of the little boy in her arms, she had promised to take care of, and secondly because she knew Bardock would've never forgiven her. It had to be a sayajin.

Suddenly small tears began to fall from her eyes, wetting her beautiful face, slipping over her trembling mouth onto her chest, and onto Kakarotto's sleeping face. Wriggling a bit in her arms, he opened his eyes startled. The baby obviously didn't understand why she had tears in her eyes. Curling his little hands into tight balls, he gripped her gi, tugging slightly at it, to get her attention. Shifting her gaze to the little one in her arms, she was stunned by his innocent little eyes, as he looked at her uncomprehending and frowning slightly. She couldn't help but smile at the sight. Holding him in one arm, she lifted the other to wipe her tears away and look at him smiling genuinely.

"You know what? You're damn right! I have to stop crying... really. Sometimes I'm a horrible cry-baby, ne?" she smiled.

As if understanding her, Kakarotto nodded, frowning up at her, which made her smile widen. Setting course to master Kaioh's planet, she flew to her master at top speed. The tiny planet seemed to almost shine with joy as she approached it, landing in front of the house.

"Master Kaioh? Where are you?" she called out to him, looking around the empty garden (AN: Ergh... lack of a better world :-P)
"Over here!" came the reply from behind the house, the master appearing then," Back so soon?" he inquired.

She didn't answer just looked at the small boy in her arms. Master Kaioh also took notice of the baby, coming closer to see it.

"What are you doing with the baby? Is it yours by chance", he asked.

She glanced at him, like he would've asked the most stupid question in the world.

"Of course not!" came the answer," It's Bardock's son".
"And what are you doing with him, here? I sincerely hope you did not steal him!"
"That question really didn't have any sense", she retorted," He asked me to take care of him".
"But why?"

She didn't answer just looked at the boy for a moment. Then lifting her right hand, and pointing at Kakarotto's face with her finger, a light began to glow on the tip of it.

"Forget that you're a sayajin. You shall never remember this. You are human", she whispered to the little boy, whose eyes momentarily turned bright yellow, then a soft black, as he lovingly gazed up to her.

The master was dumbstruck.

"Why did you do that for?" he asked bewildered.
"Because I don't want him to be the same baka his father was", tears began to form in her eyes.
"Kami, what did he do to you, Serenity?" he asked concerned.
"He-- he died", she stuttered," I told him not to go, because he wouldn't stand a chance against Freezer ", she continued," But no! His sayajin pride was too important! He just *had* to go! Even though he knew perfectly well, that he would die!" she snapped angrily.

The master could only stare at her motionless.

"And he asked me to take care of Kakarotto. Well I *will*. But he will never do such a foolish thing!" she frowned at Master Kaioh.
"So... what are you going to do, now?"
"I'm going back... to the Earth. And I will raise him as a human".
"But... the sayajins are very strong beings!" he protested.
"I didn't say I wouldn't teach him Martial Arts. I said he will *not* do such a foolish thing as to save the world, just for the sake of those poor people! Never!" she snapped.

She swiftly took off, and flew away, leaving the stunned master behind.

"I really hope, that little boy's going to help you", he said after her," I honestly do. You really deserve being happy", he added.

* * * *

The branches were brushing against her delicate skin, but she didn't care. She wanted to arrive there. Now, where that 'there' was... she didn't know either. So, she just flew ahead, not bothering to eat or rest, she just had to arrive somewhere she could raise Kakarotto. And it had to be a *nice* place, hopefully away from any sign of civilization. He couldn't... she would never allow him to die such a stupid death like his father. No! She would be his mother now, and he would become a happy child, without having to hate someone, without the desire for revenge. A quick glance down to her protege, revealed that the boy didn't know anything. She fed him on the way, before reaching the solar system. She did not want any unpleasant encounters. Uranus would surely be angry with her for not telling them, but... she just had to go away. Mamoru and the inners were the last living beings in the whole universe she would've liked to meet at that moment. Her memories of long lost friends caused new tears to form in the corner of her eyes. She didn't bother to wipe them away. No one could see her, and she really needed to cry... just once, when no one was looking.

Being too absorbed in her thoughts, she didn't see the landscape gradually shift around her. Sometimes she would cross big cities, avoiding a crash with the buildings just on mere instinct, as her senses still told her vaguely about possible obstacles. People would stare after, as she flew past them at an incredible speed. She just ignored them, even though she heard, faintly, some noises. As she looked around to see where she was, she noticed she was flying through a mountainous area, without any sign of people. She lowered herself slowly to a clearing, she found was quite pretty. However, being too impressed by the view, she failed to notice the old man at the water, some meters behind her. He could only stare at her in awe. A girl that could fly! Well, he had to admit it wasn't something he saw every day.

Turning around, to look at the whole place, she finally noticed the awed man and jumped back startled. She tried to say something, but no words came out. So she just stood there opening and then helplessly closing her mouth.

"Good morning, young lady", the old man began," A very nice morning to take a walk with... ummm your baby".
"My baby?" she asked bewildered.

Then looking down to Kakarotto, who clung to her as if she were his only chance to survive, which was true by the way. He was so cute. She at first thought of saying 'no' to Bardock, but now… she knew she would never regret this.

"Oh, yes, sure. Good morning... ergh mister....", she paused not knowing what to say.
"Oh no! Just call me Son Gohan", the man offered," I've never seen you around, before...".
"Umm... no. It's the first time I'm here. I umm... was searching for an appropriate place to raise this little one", she smiled at the boy in her arms.
"May I see him?" the man tried, not knowing what to expect from the strange girl.
"Yes, of course", she smiled, causing Son Gohan to smile at her.

Coming closer, he looked down at the boy. He was sleeping peacefully, clutching at her 'mother's' gi, with all his might.

"What a possessive little boy", he laughed.
"I guess he is", she smiled too.
"But I don't know if this would be an appropriate place to raise a child", he looked at her seriously.
"Believe me, it is. Especially...", she stopped here, deciding not to continue.
"I see...", the man concluded softly," Then... do you have a place to stay?"
"Umm... not yet", she looked away embarrassed," But I can build one, it's no problem for me", she said.
"Well, if you would want to, you could live in my house... and if you don't like it, we could build another one for you, and the boy... and---".
"Oh, no! That's very kind, but I wouldn't want to be in your way. I can--".
"I would be very happy!" he smiled at them.
"But what about your family?" she asked.
"I don't have one. I live alone", he smiled," I really wouldn't mind some company".

She looked at the kind old man before her. He really seemed to be sincere, but this was for her son... Son, how nice it sounded. She knew she would really like the old man. Although she was normally against reading others' mind, she still read his, and was surprised to find a longing after company, and children. She smiled involuntarily at this and nodded, as Son Gohan let out a sigh of relief, causing Serenity to giggle.

"You know, I could think you are some evil wizard that wants to eat us", she laughed.
"Ugh... oh", he blushed.
"Don't worry, I was only joking", she smiled gently.
"Well... I suggest we introduce each other, then".
"Oh yes, sure", she smiled, lifting a hand," My name is Serenity", she smiled, streching his.
"And I am Son Gohan, as I told you before", he smiled," And the little one is?"

She looked down on Kakarotto. It would have been a really strange name for a human. Plus it reminded her of carrots, and she really didn't like them (AN: I know : this had no point... *shrugs*... I like saying/writing things without a point :-p). However it was the name Bardock gave to him, and she really didn't want to change it radically.

"His name is Goku", she replied (AN: I read somewhere, that Goku would mean 'carrot' in Japanese).
"That's a very nice name", Son Gohan smiled at her.
"Yes... Son Goku... sounds very nice", she smiled, startling the man (AN: I like the way it sounds, so...ummm yeah, that's it).
"Then let's go, shall we?" he offered.
"Sure, thank you for--".
"Not a word! I already told you. Plus, you're the most charming young lady I've ever seen", he smiled mysteriously, causing Serenity to flush slightly.
"Arigatou", she whispered barely audible.

~~3 years later~~

A little spiky, black-haired boy, the exact picture of Bardock, came running up the hill with a huge fish on his back. On seeing a nice little house in the middle of a tiny clearing, his smile widened considerably, his pace quickening.

"Mooommmm! Grandpaaaaaaaa! I've got a really big fish today!" he shouted cheerily.

Coming out from behind the house, carrying some fire wood, Son Gohan smiled warmly at the small 3 year-old boy.

"Well, hello Goku! I see you got us a very delicious dinner", he smiled patting his head lovingly.
"Yep! Look here! Isn't it huge, grandpa?" he held the fish up for him to see better.
"Very good son!" he smiled.
"Mooommmmm!" he shouted cheerily," Look what I got today!"

The door of the small house opened, revealing Serenity, wearing a pretty apron. Scowling slightly at Goku, she inspected the fish, then her son.

"How many times have I told you not to shout like that? I'm not deaf, you know?", she admonished her son," You could've come here to me and say it normally", she frowned.
"Oh.. okay, mom", he bowed his head slightly," But the fish is good, ne?" he smiled a wide smile (AN: You know, the SonGoku trademark smile - he's cute when he does that :-) I, at least, think so).

Her gaze softened looking over to the fish. Then her gaze rested on him again.

"And you've once again dirtied yourself as best as you could", she smiled slightly at him.
"Umm... well", he looked down on his clothes," It's not that bad".
"Drop the fish, and go wash yourself", she ordered firmly.

He did as he was told. Turning swiftly on his heels, he ran to the nearest washing bowl. As he leaned down to wash himself a brown tail made itself visible swishing back and forth in an impatient manner. Son Gohan looked at it thoughtfully, but didn't say a thing. He realized she had her reasons not to tell him, who she was. She noticed the old man watching Goku once again, most probably wondering about the tail. She really wanted to tell him, all about Goku, but....

"Umm... Gohan?" she asked faintly.
"Ugh... yes?" he turned to her, embarrassed at being caught staring at the boy.
"Could we talk... alone?" she whispered.
"Umm... yes, sure".

Entering the house she sat down on a chair, motioning for the man to do the same. Sighing deeply, she spoke, finally.

"Goku is not human", she looked at the old man carefully.
"I thought so too", he answered softly.
"The planet he is from, was destroyed by.... by an evil being", she decided to leave Freezer out of all this," His Father stubbornly wanted to face him... but he was not strong enough for him. And he knew it. Still, he went to fight, even though he knew, that this being's intention was to destroy the planet with its habitants on it", she paused here," Before leaving, he asked me to take care of his youngest son, Kakarotto... that is, Goku. Bardock, his father, was my best friend, and even tough I offered to help, he refused. It was his race's pride or something of the kind", she glared at a corner angrily," And... I *had* to do it. You understand me", he nodded looking sadly at her.

Reading his mind, she realized he was wrong.

"Umm no. Bardock and I... we... um never had a relation... we were just good friends. When I met his father, Goku was already born. I don't know who his mother was, however I really doubt she would be alive now... You must never tell Goku this, though. I swore, he would never do such a foolish thing as help the human kind, or the world!" she nearly snapped.
"I think you're wrong Serenity dear... you don't know how it feels standing alone in a field and facing an enemy, and then defeating it, you save others", he tried.
"Been there, done that", she smiled bitterly," Maybe you've heard of me as... I don't like to mention this... but ever heard of Sailor Moon?" she looked up at his stunned face.
"Why yes! My master, Master Roshi, told me about a legendary warrior, named Sailor Moon, who once, many years ago, saved the world from destruction", he smiled," Then you know how--".
"Yes I know. And that's precisely the reason I don't want him to do the same mistake I have. He should learn Martial Arts, that's why I've let you teach him, but he shall *not* become something like the 'savior of the world'", she frowned at him.

The door suddenly burst open, Goku carrying the huge fish inside.

"Hei mom! Won't you cook the fish?" he asked," I'm starving!"

Tearing her gaze away from Son Gohan, she smiled lovingly at her son.

"Sure honey, but for tomorrow. Lunch's already made. I'll serve it in a minute. Put it down there", she stood up, laying the table.
"Oh great!" he smiled widely.

After lunch the grandfather and his grandchild went out to train, as always. She watched them smiling. Son Gohan never ceased to be amazed by Goku's enormous force, and the fast he learned things. She really hoped it would be enough, to keep the old man's thoughts away from any strange idea. She then, went back and proceeded to wash the dishes, never stopping to follow their ki-s. They, of course, didn't know, and it was better for them like that. As long Son Gohan could teach Goku, the boy did not need her as a trainer.

~~5 years later~~

Serenity was climbing the small pathway up to her 8-year-long home, when suddenly she felt something very strange, her heart suddenly began to beat faster. She looked around, her trained eyes easily penetrating the darkness of the forest, but didn't find anything out of place. She then looked up to the sky, but this was unusually clear too, only the full moon, shining over the dark surroundings. She quickly shifted her face from the sight. It brought back painful memories from her past. Sure, she did tell Uranus and the other outers about her whereabouts, but had asked them insistently not to visit her, as this would give her away to the inners and Mamoru. They protested at first, especially after she had told them the whole story about Goku, but eventually had to accept the situation as it was.

She quickened her pace, hurrying up the hill, her uncanny feeling growing stronger after each step she took. As she was only half a mile away from the house, she suddenly felt a very strong power level. All her senses went into alert. How could this be? Son Gohan's power level was far beneath this. And then all of a sudden it disappeared. She felt her stomach tighten, her heart slamming against her chest, threatening to break through.

"What the hell is happening", she muttered as she lifted from the ground, flying towards the house at top speed.

The vision that greeted her, almost took her breath stop. The house was completely ruined and there was no sign of the two. She panicked, not knowing what to think. Concentrating on the ki-s of the two, she felt Goku's very near. So, dropping he packages she ran to the source.

Goku was standing on his knees, seeming to shake something none too gently. She could literally *feel* his desperation. Running quickly over, her heart almost stopped. There, at her feet, lay Son Gohan unconsciously. And although she did her best in searching for his ki, she couldn't feel anything. Gently lowering on her knees, she gripped Goku soothingly.

"What happened honey?" she asked silently.

He stiffened on feeling her presence. Turning around, she saw his tear-stained face.

"Mommy! Do something! Grandpa is not responding anymore! I don't know what to do", he cried.
"I'm sorry honey, I can't", she whispered.

The boy was stunned. It as the first time his mother had ever told him, she couldn't do something. Everything he had asked her before, she did it. There was no such thing as 'impossible', for her.

"But... you always know what to do", he tried.
"This time I can't do anything... Honey, your grandpa is dead", she whispered, embracing him more tightly.
"NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! GRANDPA IS NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!" he screamed into the stillness of the night.

End of chapter three
___________________
*Looks like I've got a weakness for sappy endings ::sniff::,:: sniff::. Anyway, don't panic. I don't intend to make the whole story like this. So, as always, what did you think? Bored, interesting? Any impression. I know I updated this quite fast, but don't get used to it. I just happened to have time. Well anyway I really love reviews. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Oh yes, before I forget: if anyone would like to know about Goku's feeding, since he was still a baby when Serenity had taken him… well… imagine she could feed him. After all this is the future and she's a goddess. As for her cooking skills I've already told you, in the last chapter that she had learned from Master Kaioh (ummm yeah, she can learn)…. Other than that, I've also read, somewhere that Gohan would mean 'rice' in Japanese.
Depending on the impression I made with this chapter, I might publish the next one soon, too. Note: might! Hehehe! Yup! I like making people wait. Just ask any of the readers who have reviewed my WP story 'Loving Hearts', how long they've been waiting for ch 11 (I still haven't written it - lack of ideas). Heheh, anyway. Hope to see you soon.
Bye (*waves*),
Salvia