Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Claws of Fire ❯ Leaving A World Behind ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
*So it's still me! But this is really the last time I can update the story so soon. I have a couple of exams coming at me right now, so I really won't have time for this. Other than that... I once again thank you for being so kind and reviewing my story.
Before I go on, I'd like to complete some facts from the previous chapter. In my story, I am assuming that the sayajins can only maintain their Oozaru form, when the moon is not covered, otherwise they retransform again, as they were before, however this form of them is highly unstable (Umm... yeah, I know it's complicated, but... well this is my story), other than that, the tail thing is the same.

Akiko - I'm beginning to think I'm mean. I think the last chapter, sort of ended this sad cycle (till the next... it's not going to be very soon). Thanks for the compliments ::blushes::

GekkaniMusouka - Hmm yeah... poor them. Anyway, this is the end of sad parts (till the next). Yes, I'm more or less going to follow the plot of DB/DBZ (I don't really like DBGT - actually I haven't seen it, but read some description and it wasn't so cool as these), but I think I'm going to jump over some parts, not the Red Ribbon Army though.

Alex - I'm glad you liked this one, too. As for your question, I've already answered it above, and for the tail... read the chapter.

Sailor Purgatory - You really scared me at first. :-) However, I'm going to end the depressing part for a while. Thanks, and here's chapter 4. I hope you'll still like the story.

ssgotenlover - Umm... yeah I figured that, and I guess most of you have, so I didn't put it in. Plus I haven't reached the part of story when Vegeta meets Goku. I'm very happy you like my story!

Haruka-hime - Yet another sappy ending lover. Well I'm glad you like my story, here's the continuation, then.

Shi- Domo arigato for the compliments! And yes Serenity *is* going to be paired with someone, but I'm not telling you with who. Read the story... and you'll find out (not in this chapter though). I hope you're satisfied with this answer. I can't, and *will* not give the story's content away, before I write it.

Azimel- Thanks for the compliments. Umm... actually I was saying that I'm not interested in putting in the details about his feeding. For the flashback parts, it could be an idea.

Jewelclaw Lady of Wind - Thanks for understanding. I'm almost 18, and next year I'll be graduating high-school too. Actually I'm not sure if this is the same at you. Here, after high-school comes University (or college which is 3 years, compared to university which lasts 4-5 or even 6 years). I have a friend from Hong Kong, and she said that over there, high-school means secondary school, so I don't know... anyway, that was not the point. I'm glad you like my story.

MarsMoonStar- Thank you very much. :-)

solarmistress17 - I'm glad you liked it. This one's not going to be sad, then. You'll find out part of your answer in this chapter, as for Serenity, no she doesn't age much. She looks 20, and she looked thus in the Silver Millennium too. And here's the update.

______________________________________
Claws of Fire
by Salvia Tanima
* * * * *
Chapter four: Leaving a World Behind
______________________________________

She just stared wordlessly at the old man's lifeless body, not knowing what to do. Her thoughts were swirling in her head, reviving all kinds of memories, having nothing to do with Son Gohan. Her only link to the real world was the small boy, who was holding onto her as tightly as he could... Why? Why him? Why do all her friends have to die? What was her sin? And then all of a sudden, memories of a long denied past came back to her.

~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~

She was in Mamoru's apartment, sitting on the couch, staring dumbstruck at her boyfriend. She did *not* hear him say this... RIGHT?

"So? I'm waiting", he said, looking down on her impatiently.
"You're serious?" she asked, her voice wavering.
"Obvious", he replied coldly," So?"

Mamoru had just asked her to accompany him to a striptease bar. Reason? She should get some ideas, in order to 'entertain' him. She couldn't believe this. How could he ask this?

"I--I can't. Really, Mamo-chan... you're kidding", she tried.
"I'm not. I'm sick of this childish chatter of you... but I'm sure, you could do very well in that", he smirked at her.

This was not true! She couldn't form a thought in her mind. Gradually, she started feeling her cheeks growing hot, a fact that did not go unnoticed to Mamoru.

"Oh, I see", he smirked at her knowingly," Well then, I could show you some things... You don't have to be embarrassed around me, you know that love. Here", he dropped a large stack of video tapes in front of her, " This should do it".

She didn't know how, or where she got the strength from, but she rose and left his apartment. That was the last time she had visited him. The next day he broke up with her... She had thought she had been right, but that had been Small Lady's end... She had killed the person, she loved most...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goku's grip on her grew tighter, pulling her out of her little reverie. She bent her head slightly, her gaze settling on her son's spiky head. Running a hand through it, she kissed him lightly on the top of his head.

"I'm sorry honey... Not even I can revive him, but... maybe we'll see him again. I'll try. Promise", she whispered soothingly.

The clouds slowly moved, letting the moon cast a silvery glow over them. Lifting his head, Goku stared up at it. Serenity, then, noticed scared, that his eyes were glowing yellow. Suddenly he pushed her away roughly, his entire body shaking violently. Then, right before her eyes, he began to grow, his features gradually transforming into those of a giant monkey. She was so shocked, she couldn't move a single muscle. The giant monkey (AN: I don't like the word 'ape') looked down on her, not very friendly. Realization suddenly hit her hard, her gaze shifting to Son Gohan's dead body. Quickly cradling the old man into her arms, she flew up, above the monkey, which desperately tried to reach her, albeit without luck.

"I can't hurt him", she muttered under her breath," But I have to do something".

Something... something... This was probably part of his sayajin heritage. But what could she do? her mind was searching frantically for an answer. If she didn't stop him, he could do serious damage.

"Pluto", she called out telepathically.

It was her last hope. She would've preferred doing something else , but there was no other way out.

"Serenity?" came the answer, suddenly.
"Please. I need your help. I-- I don't know what to do", she replied desperately.
"What happened", Pluto asked worried.
" I-- I don't know. It's Goku. He transformed into a giant monkey and he killed Son Gohan", came the desperate answer.
"Goku? Wasn't he supposed to be your little boy?" she asked slightly sarcastically.
"That's what's bothering me. I think it's a part of his heritage".
"Genetically you mean? What race is he?"
"He's a sayajin".
"Oh, then it is very simple... By the way, is it full moon by chance?"
"Yes. But could you please hurry?"
"Oh, hai. All you have to do, is cut his tail. He'll transform back into your sweet little boy".
"Will you cut that out?"
"What exactly?"
"Being sarcastic? This is not funny!"

Serenity formed a ki disc (AN: something of the sort Kuririn does in DBZ) an directed it to his tail. The organ was instantly sliced down, Goku returning to his previous form.

"So? Did you do it?" Pluto asked.
"Yes and it worked. Domo arigatou!"
"He'll be losing his balance at first, but in the end, he'll get used to it".
"Pluto?" Serenity asked meekly.
"Yes?"
"Could you please send me some books on sayajins?"

Serenity could clearly hear her laugh.

"Sure, but I can't do it through teleportation... so I guess...", she trailed off.
"Is this supposed to be a form of blackmailing?"
"No".
"Hotaru-chan?"
"Ok with me".

She slowly lowered herself to the ground, gently lifting Goku's naked body. She flew towards the house (at least the remains of it) at top speed. Lowering to the ground, she put Son Gohan's limp body and Goku down. Lifting her hand in front of herself, so the back of her palm was parallel with the ground, she pointed towards the remains of the house. Its pieces quickly began to come together, as if nothing had happened. Soon, the house looked as if it had just been built, better than before. Turning, she lifted Son Gohan's lifeless body, placing it in his bed, putting his hands on his chest. She then returned to Goku and with a snap of her fingers, she formed a new, orange gi (AN: Basically like Goten's) on his body.

"Goku... Honey!" she shook him gently," Wake up!"

His eyes opened slowly and looked at his mother.

"Mom, where's grandpa?"
"Inside. We--", she was cut off mid sentence.
"So it was all a dream?" he asked hopefully.
"No, honey. Grandpa's dead. We have to burry him, Come on", her gaze soft, but her face stony.

The burial was quick, simple, but it seemed as though Goku's been highly affected by it (AN: yeah, well duh!). Another thing that bothered him, was the absence of his tail, a fact Serenity had refused to comment upon, realizing he had no memory of what had happened.

* * * *

Goku was sitting outside the house, looking absently to the sky. It had been a month since Son Gohan's death, and his mom had been strangely kind to him since then. Not that she wouldn't usually be, but it was different now. Yet, she would always change the topic whenever he would ask about the cause of Son Gohan's death. She would mumble something that seemed to sound like 'old' and 'sick', but nothing else.

"Grandpa, what are you doing now?" he caught himself saying it aloud.

Serenity had told him, right after the 'funeral', that Son Gohan would be alright, in a very nice place. When he protested, that his grandpa would be very lonely there, without anyone to talk to, she calmed him down, telling him there were also other dead people (An: I know this sounds stupid), like him, so he wouldn't be so alone.

"I wonder if you miss me", he sighed.
"Oh, he misses you alright, Goku ",an unfamiliar, yet soft voice answered.

Feeling a gentle hand on his shoulder, he looked up startled, only to gaze into a pair of beautiful violet eyes.

"Umm... who are you?" he asked startled.
"Hi! I am Sailor Saturn", she smiled, her shoulder-length black hair lovingly hugging her pretty face," But you can call me Hotaru".
"Hi, I'm Son Goku", he couldn't help, but smile at the kind senshi.
"I know", she said smiling mysteriously.
"You do? And how do you know what grandpa's doing?" he enquired.
"I guard the Gate of Life and Death (AN: I don't know if she does, but in my story, she guards it). I prevent dead souls from coming back to life. I am the guardian of Life. And Serenity-san asked me to look after your grandpa. He's ok, but he really misses you two", she smiled.
"Can't I go see him?"
"Right now it is not possible. Later", she patted him lightly on the head.

Straightenning and standing up, Goku could see her strange dress, consisting of a white top with a black bow, a blue a heart in the middle of it and a short pleated skirt. Her long, slender legs were framed by pretty, tall, blue boots, that reached up to her knees.

"I have to give this book to your mommy", she said materialising a book in her right hand," Could you bring me to her?"
"Sure", he stood up as well," Are you her friend?"
"I like to think I am", she smiled.

Just then, the door opened, Serenity stepping out with a bucket in her hand.

"Goku, honey could you please bring some water?"
"Sure. Mom, this pretty lady wants to talk to you", he said, smiling up at Hotaru, then taking the bucket from his mother, heading towards the river.

Hotaru looked smiling after him, then turned to Serenity.

"Hotaru-chan!" Serenity exclaimed happily," Haven't seen you for a long time!".
"Hello, Serenity-san! You look well. As for the last visit, it certainly isn't my fault", she remarked sheepishly.
"I knew the four of you would find way to blackmail me", she pouted her mouth slightly, before smiling widely again.
"What did you expect? No letters, no telepathical messages...", she smirked," Oh, by the way, here's the book. Pluto says the monkey is called Oozaru".
"Whatever. As long as it doesn't appear once again...".
"His tail will eventually grow, and on the next full moon...", she let her sentence fade away.
"Well then... I guess I'll have to begin training him", Serenity sighed.
"He's not human. Don't forget this. Not only that, but he's from one of the most strongest races in the Universe".

Since then, Serenity had begun Goku's training. He proved to be very talented fighter, and a fast learner. To Serenity's astonishment, he learned controlling his ki and flew very well, in only three months.
Uranus, Neptune, Saturn and Pluto used to visit them, every once in a while, and became good friends with Goku, although they were wary of him. After all he was a sayajin, but on seeing him, they couldn't help but love him.

"You know, Sere-chan?" Uranus told her once.
"Yes?"
"I've been wondering why I find him so familiar, although I've never met him before".
"And why is that?"
"He reminds me of Usagi... with the difference that he doesn't cry", she added as an afterthought, thus earning herself a, none too gentle, smack in the ribcage.
"However, as much as you miss Usagi, she died ten years ago, and no one's going to revive her. She's not needed anymore", she frowned at Uranus.
"So you're serious?" Uranus asked bewildered," You still want to pay him back?"
"If I had wanted that, I would've done that long time ago... Right now the only thing I'm interested in is my son. And I'll be sure to make a true man out of him... not a baka super hero", her gaze turned serious," Now, I understand you and Neptune, when you said, you weren't some super heroes... and you were right. It's only a waste of time", she smiled sadly.
"So... you're not coming back... anymore?" Neptune approached them.
"No", she said flatly," It's a world I want to leave behind. If I come back, I'll take revenge on him... I would then be worse than him", she smiled," But you're any time welcome to visit me".
"Be sure of it", Uranus snickered," There's no way you can get away from us".
"Don't be so sure", she smiled.

Suddenly Goku and Saturn appeared at the top of the hill, chatting friendly. Turning his gaze to the three, Goku noticed his mom looking at him intently. Running over to her, he pulled her in a bear hug.

"Mom, don't be sad", he looked at her worried.
"I'm not, honey", she smiled," Not with you here".

* * * *

The dimly lit woods were quite a challenge for the motorbike, even though it was the latest model. The girl riding it was quickly growing frustrated of all the holes on the thin forest path, especially as she was going at top speed. Suddenly she noticed a monkey tail swishing impatiently on the middle of the path.

"Huh? What the--", she didn't finish her sentence as the tail moved further to the middle, revealing the body attached to it," AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!", she screamed as she saw it was that of a little boy.

Due to her shock, and realization that her speed was too high, she lost control of the motorbike, which was heading straight towards the boy. He had noticed her, and was staring startled at the vehicle coming towards him at top speed. Then, seeing the fright clearly written on the girl's face, he jumped up in the last second, grabbing the girl too, so as to avoid her collision with the nearby tree. The motorbike ran into a tree and was seriously severed, while the little boy was floating above it, in the air, holding the bewildered girl in his arms. Looking down at the girl, he gently lowered themselves to the ground, putting the girl down too, although her feet wavered a bit as they felt firm ground beneath them.

"What-- what was that?", she managed to stutter.
"What was what?" the boy asked too.
"YOU CAN FLY!!!" she shouted at him, causing him to wince at its intensity.
"Yes, I can, but you don't have to shout like that", he said, with hands still on his ears.

The girl just stood there dumbfounded. Suddenly her face lit up and she smiled widely, running over at him and hugging him fiercely.

"Great! That's just great! You're just the one for me!" she exclaimed happily.
"What are you talking about?" the boy asked, gently detangling himself from her arms.
"Oh, gomen nasai. I haven't introduced myself", she apologized, taking her cap off, as her shoulder-length light blue hair, pulled up in a high braid, with a bright red bow on it," My name's Bulma... Bulma Briefs. Nice to meet you...", she paused waiting for him to introduce himself as well, while stretching her hand.

The boy looked at her hand, then shrugged, shaking her hand firmly.

"Hi, I'm Son Goku. Nice to meet you too", he said a little awkward, while looking at the strange girl.
"Great", she smiled," Wouldn't you want to accompany me?"
"Where?"
"On my journey. I'm searching for the dragonballs", she said, pulling out a clock-like device, her gaze widening as she looked at it," There is one here!" she jumped up happily," Want to help me find it?"
"Ok", he nodded, still startled by the strange girl.

She turned on her heels, proceeding to follow her radar's indication (AN: I bet you guessed the clock-like device is the DB radar), then suddenly turned glaring at her motorcycle's remains.

"Oh, no! That was my best one. And I really don't have the time and tools to fix it here", she sighed.
"I'm sure my mom can fix it", Goku told her casually.
"Nah, I highly doubt that", she waved her hand dismissing.
"I'm serious. Mommy can do almost everything. The only thing she couldn't do was bringing grandpa back to life, three years ago", he continued.

The girl looked at him strangely. Then smiled gently.

"Of course not, silly. No one can revive dead people", she patted him on the head.
"But she can fix that", he pointed at the remains of the motorcycle.

She looked at him for a moment, then shrugged.

"Oh well, might as well try it out", she said, watching as he went and grabbed the remains of the vehicle.

Following Goku up a hill, suddenly a cute little brick house appeared on the top of it. Goku quickened his pace, running up the hill, Bulma following suite, albeit she couldn't reach him. Thus she decided to let Goku be there first.

"Mom! I'm back!" he called out.
"Ok, honey", came the reply from behind the house," Did you catch a fish already?".
"Not yet, but this lady needs help", he said, startling Bulma.
"My, he really has manners", she muttered in awe.

Suddenly a pretty girl (AN: Forgot to mention, that Serenity doesn't age very much. She still looks 20, and so did she look in the Silver Millennium), wearing a white shirt, a loose skirt, and a white apron.

"Hello honey. Who needs help?" she asked smiling down at her boy.
"She does", he turned his head waiting for Bulma to catch up, as she finally reached the house breathing heavily.
"He--Hello", she panted," My name's Bulma... Brie-hiesf. My mo-hotorbike ran into a tree", she took a break to catch her breath," And umm... Son Goku insisted you could fix it", she looked up, smiling embarrassed at Serenity.

Serenity just looked at her for a moment, her face expressionless, then suddenly she smiled down at her (AN: Yes, you guessed she read her mind), sweetly.

"Of course, no problem", she pointed towards the remains of the vehicle, which Goku sat down in the meanwhile.

The parts quickly came together, before Bulma's bewildered eyes, her motorcycle looking as new.

"Wow", she only managed to say.
"Oh, how stupid of me", Serenity exclaimed, catching Bulma's attention," My name is Serenity, nice to meet you Bulma-san", she stretched her hand.

Bulma shook it, still in a daze. Looking down at her radar, her eyes nearly bulged.

"What? It's in the house", she exclaimed.

Serenity, realizing she was too overwhelmed to say what would be in the house, read her mind. Entering the house, she brought out a yellow crystal ball with four red stars on it.

"You mean, this should be a dragonball?" she asked holding out the ball to her.
"Yes, but how--", she was cut off by Goku.
"Mommy can read minds", he said cheerfully," But that's grandpa, you can't give grandpa away!" he pouted his lips.
"No honey", Serenity bent down to his level," Grandpa is in our hearts, not in a crystal ball. Bulma-san needs this more than we do, albeit...", she stopped, handing her the ball, which she gladly took.
"You... um read in my mind.. ugh... why I want them?" she blushed fiercely.
"Sort of", she smiled," Don't worry. I won't tell anyone".

Looking over to the dragonball, and then to her motorcycle, she then turned to the two.

"Don't you want to accompany me? Both of you? Please?!" she begged, raising her hands as for a prayer.

Serenity looked at her startled, then smiled.

"Why not? Goku needs to see some other places too", she agreed.
"GREAT!!!" Bulma jumped up happily," Oh and please call me just Bulma, Serenity-san".
"You may call me Sere, if you please, and him Goku", Serenity smiled.

End of chapter four
___________________
*Well? Did you like it? I hope yes, since I won't be publishing the next chapter too soon. Constuctive criticism is welcome, as well.
Don't forget to review ^_~
Salvia.