Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The ReAwakening ❯ The Battle Between Light and Darkness ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N That's right all! I'm back!

M. Trunks: A little later than planned, but hopefully this chapter will be worth it!

S. Saturn: Here's hoping this chapter will help answer some of your questions! ^_^

M. Trunks: Saturn may be OOC for now, but there is a reason for it. You'll see soon enough!

S. Saturn: Enjoy! ^_^

Disclaimer: I own not these animes.

Chapter 4, er, 5 uh...whatever: The Battle of Light and Dark

Silence ruled the battlefield. Mirai Trunks looked at the new arrival with feelings of confusion and anger. 'This is Sailor Saturn?! You've got to be kidding me! Her ki is almost nonexistent, not to mention she looks like she couldn't punch her way out of a paper bag! I know Supreme Ki said that she was weak, but come on now!'

17 smirked as he too looked the new girl over. "It looks like we have a new player, 18."

The blonde-haired android landed a little ways away from where Saturn was standing. "Ha! She looks even more pathetic than that guy up there! And what is that fashion? Cheerleader?!"

Saturn simply turned her head and glared at the android before her. Her sleeves, torn and revealing her shoulders, barely shifted as her shoulder-length black hair brushed by them. Cold eyes met confident ones as they came in contact. Without a second thought, the girl gripped her glaive tighter. "You are responsible for the death that has gripped this world. As the goddess of death, I will bring you into that world of silence and despair. I suggest you begin to confess your sins and beg forgiveness."

18 looked at the girl in confusion, before bursting out in laughter. "Oh really? You are? Hey! You hear that 17? She's going to kill us!"

Her black-haired counterpart smirked. "I think you're out of your league here, cheerleader. Why don't you go and find a nice football team to root for?"

'This is unexpected. I didn't count on that guy returning. He could be trouble. I know that Ki came to this world, undoubtly to stop me. Too bad for him, he failed in that aspect. But, what did he tell pretty boy here? If he tries to interfere with my mission, it could prove to be a handful. It might be best for me to not bother him if I can help it. I'll finish what I started here though.' She smirked to herself as she redirected her attention to the nearest of the two cyborgs. 'Yes. Of the two of them, she is the weaker one.'

"What are you looking at, girlie?" 18 sneered.

Sailor Saturn's multipointed star broach shimmered as she shifted positions. "I'm looking at a half human who just signed her death warrant." She held her glaive out in a vertical position in front of her.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Darkness.

As far as the eye could see, inky blackness all around.

But that was the curse of the light, a single star of hope in a sea of despair. The light flickered, becoming stronger as the darkness around it became weaker. 'It has started.' The light commented. 'The darkness of death has been called, its only a matter of time before the light takes over. And life begins again.'

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

The senshi glared at her blonde-haired opponent as she kept a careful guard up. 'I need to finish this quickly. My time is short, and there are a few things that need to be said.'

"Don't worry about this one, 17, I'll take care of her!" 18 crowed as she made her way towards her. "This should be fun!"

Saturn smirked. "What a pity. After all that modification, you are still part human, more so than your brother up above you. That will be a fatal mistake that your creator made. For you see, as the soldier of death, I control the death patterns of humans!" Her eyes narrowed as the cyborg continued her approach. "While your brother may be further out of my reach, you are still vulnerable to death's touch!"

Slowly, as though an invisible wind rose around her, her hair lifted slightly off her shoulders, and her eyes became tinted with a blood-red hue.

"Silly tricks like that will get you nowhere in this fight, CHEERLEADER!!!" 18 gloated as she began to pick up speed, paying no mind as the target of her attack simply raised a hand.

'I was really hoping she wouldn't do that.' Saturn thought as she gathered her energy into her outstretched palm. 'But, I really can't blame her, can I? Ever since she took that first life, she was begging for this.' In a split second, her power transferred from her hand to the figure before her.

The invisibility of the attack gave everyone the impression that the girl was indeed, all talk. Only she, and her prey, knew the truth.

18 gasped in surprise and pain as a cold hand grasped her still human heart. She dropped to her knees as the pain became immensely intense, taking her breath away.

"18!!!" 17 shouted as he watched his sister fall to the ground, clutching her chest as she screamed in agony. "Hang on!" He demanded as he started to her, only to have his route blocked by a demi-sayian.

"Your opponent I believe is me." Trunks said as he shot an energy blast at the android, causing him to weave and dodge as he helplessly watched his sister's plight.

Calmly, the senshi twirled her weapon around in a less protective position; it wasn't needed anymore. "Painful, isn't it? Right now, your humanoid parts are withering and dying. Soon, your vital organs will completely shut down, causing your inner circuitry to malfunction and fail. But that's not all! Soon after, you will decay from the inside out, of course, you will be alive to feel every mind-blowing stab of pain."

The ragged breaths of pain and the hatred-filled eyes of the cyborg answered her. Talking was now beyond her power, as was every other action commanded by her skeletal muscles. Needless to say, energy attacks were again beyond her reach, as the metal parts of her body were in no decent position to hit the object of her pain.

Sailor Saturn chuckled to herself. After hearing the frightened calls of the dieing, hearing the thoughts of this suffering being was like music to her ears. "You can not know the joy I feel right now, all the death you have caused, the terror you brought, its all coming back on you. Payback can be a real pain sometimes, can't it?" Quickly, she glanced up at the duo above her. Perfect, they are keeping themselves busy with each other. She had no time to mess with them; the Ki still needed to be confronted and heaven only knew how much more time would be allowed for her to remain in this world. Taking one last disgusted glance at the cyborg on the ground, she stepped back. "The time for you is over. Hell awaits for you and your brother. Goodbye."

A strong gust of wind whipped across the battlefield, blowing the two fighters' hair around them. A single final heartbeat and the terror-filled eyes of the dieing echoed in the soldier's senses. The metal components of the cyborg clanged on the asphalt beneath her as the flesh surrounding them turned into dust and blew away with the wind.

Saturn smiled to herself. 'I'm sure the other is mad as fire right now. It would be best for me not to be here when he blows his top! Besides, I have a bigger fish to fry...'

She closed her eyes as she let her body go into a trancelike state; her entire being became lighter than air as from her feet upward her being lost its solidarity. She was no more than a spirit once more. Useless for fighting, but perfect for travel. Giving the astonished couple a satisfied grin, the ghost-like form vanished in a dark purple haze.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

'I can feel it. The darkness has consumed another. An evil one this time from the feel of its aura.'

The light became stronger still as the opposing darkness around it pressed around. The war between personas had begun again; this time with the darkness on the move.

'Things must be desperate for the resistance to be this great.' The light commented. 'But it is inevitable; the evil will be overcome, and the purity will rise again.'

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Sailor Saturn looked up as she arrived at the location at which the Supreme Ki's aura could be felt. 'Won't he be suprised to see me? After all his neglect of this world; knowing that the last gaurdian has come to confront him will really be a shock.' She smirked as she read the name of the building she was currently at. "Capsule Corps?"

Ends Chatper 4

A/N Okay people! Please review! I have reasons behind my actions with Saturn, so don't flip because she is OOC. I swear I know what I'm doing, and there is an explaination behind what her OOCness.

Other than that, if you have any questions/comments/etc you know what to do. Review. I'll get back to you and try to give a little insight in my train of thought.

Also, I spell-checked this! There should be no misspellings in this chapter.

What am I forgetting? I know I'm forgetting something...oh yeah! For those of you who have sent me the lovely death threats for not updating my Princess Chronicles fic...it should be up by Wednesday or Thursday! ^^ Yay!

Till later everybody!

~Sailor Saturn~