Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The ReAwakening ❯ Alone ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N Yes. Whoopee. I'm back! ^^

M. Trunks: It’s about time.

S. Saturn: It’s been busy here lately, I'd tell ya, but I don't want to bore you. On to fic!

Disclaimer: Nope. Not mine.

Chapter 5: Alone.

'With death comes life. And with life comes death. Since the beginning, the two have been intertwined in fate and destiny; until now, that is. The threads of light and darkness have been unwoven, and if they cannot be repaired, I fear that the darkness will overcome me. But no matter what, I will not give up. The light will shine and the firefly will brighten the night once again.'

~*~*~*^*~*~*~

"Would you like some more tea?" Bulma asked her guest as she held out the teapot.

Supreme Kai nodded. "Yes, Mrs. Briefs, thank you." As the brown liquid poured into the outstretched teacup, a cold look entered the kai's eyes. Slowly, as the

last drops of the tea fell into the cup; Supreme Kai set it on the coffee table before them.

The blue haired woman blinked. "Is there something wrong with it?" She asked as the lavender being stood. "Mrs. Briefs, please stay here." He said as hemoved towards the front door and, without anymore of an explanation, left.

~*~*~*^*~*~*~

Mirai Trunks looked at the pile of littered mechanical parts on the ground in disbelieve. 'She did that?! But, HOW?!' Quickly, he shook his head clear of any distractions. Android 17 still remained, and he knew from his previous encounters that he proved to be stronger than his twin counterpart. Focusing on his adversary, he noted the look of shock and anger that radiated from his face.

"Dead." Came the solitary word uttered from the teen’s mouth, it was spitted out like poison for anyone within range to hear. The rage and horror that built up inside the cyborg was too much for any being to handle. He glared at the violet-haired boy that kept him from saving the most important person in his otherwise lonely life. "You. You are going to pay. I'm going to KILL YOU!!!"

Suddenly, a huge explosion of ki sprung from his outstretched hands, powered by all the pain and grief that controlled his being.

As it charged towards Mirai, he lifted his hands and caught the blast with every intention of reflecting it back. What he didn't count on, however, was all the emotion behind the blast forcing it forward. Slowly, he felt himself be pushed lower and lower towards the concrete ground below. He was mere inches from landing on the asphalt below when without warning, the ki blast exploded in his hands.

~*~*~*^*~*~*~

Supreme Kai stopped as he found the origin of his bad feeling. An all-too-familiar cold glare greeted him as he walked closer to the front gates where she stood. He could feel that she had used up most of her power, and that he could easily destroy at any time. But he would not blow her away; that would be catastrophic.

"So. We meet again, Kai." She snarled as he stopped in front of her. His tall mohawk barely reached her shoulders, but he would not let the height disadvantage work for her. "I see you have not kept this world in the best condition since I was last here. You are to blame, for this mess, and for not allowing the other senshi to awaken themselves.

The guardian glared back. "It was not my doing! The senshi of the past were destroyed by the androids themselves some years ago! It was destiny that they were not called on to protect this world!"

"They were not called because someone of this world silenced the caller! It was your duty to protect the summoner until her rightful awakening! But you failed! And because of your negligence, a being of this world destroyed the one haven that she rested! Because of his idiocity, the moon is no longer in this world's orbit, and Serenity was destroyed as she laid in her palace!"

'That's right, the moon was destroyed by Piccolo as he was training the young Gohan. It was not a purposeful action, what he did, but he did destroy the moon.' He gritted his teeth as he prepared a defense. "What he did he did to protect this world! The Sayians were coming to destroy the Earth and the moon was removed so that it would not be used to our disadvantage!"

Saturn scoffed. "You can make all the excuses you want for your mistakes. It does not cover up the truth of the severity of the action. Because the moon is gone, the imperium silver crystal, and the brightest star seed was destroyed as well. Not to mention the balance of good and evil was thrown towards the dark side." Her eyes flashed with malice. "And that has consequences you can never understand."

'So my suspicions were correct after all.' Supreme Kai thought. 'She has changed. This might turn out harder than I thought: to save the world, are the stakes now too high?'

~*~*~*^*~*~*~

'To protect the world, and the future, the darkness must be overcome. The light must burst forth, the answer is simple enough. But the question is: who is willing?'

~*~*~*^*~*~*~

Trunks inhaled a deep breath of much-needed air as he dug himself out of the debris and dust that buried him after the energy blast took him by surprise. "Where did that android go?!" He frantically looked around, but the black-haired boy was nowhere to be found. "Damn. He ran off."

After another close check to make sure he didn't overlook any possible hiding places, Trunks picked himself off of the ground and began his journey back towards home. 'I hope Mother and Supreme Kai can tell me more about Saturn. That attack she used against 18 was unbelievable. If she can do that to someone as powerful as an android, I can't imagine what she could do to a normal person!' He grimaced as images of the possibilities flashed through his mind. 'She could turn out to be more troublesome than the androids themselves!'

As the silhouette of home rose in his view, he breathed a sigh of relief. His home and Mother were safe. Android hands did not yet touch it. It was not until he was close to landing that the truth was realized. He gasped, wide-eyed, as he saw Sailor Saturn standing feet away from Capsule Corps.

~Ends Chapter 5~

A/N Okay guys, that took WAY too long to write. I would tell ya all the long details,

but that's okay. Just remember to review please and I'll see ya with chapter 6! Yay!