Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Fate ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 1

Chapter 9

"What happened while I was gone?" Rini asked as she nibbled her cookie. A cold chill seemed to run down Serena's back. "Well..um.." she stuttered. "This is gonna be hard. What should I do? Rini is not going to take this very well." She thought as tears filled her eyes. "Serena....." Rini started. "That battle....Hotaru called me on the comunicator and had told me you were kidnapped. I called the others and we all came to the scene. The scouts..tried their hardest..but..." Serena choked as tears ran down her cheeks like two rivers. Tears quickly filled Rini's eyes, too as she understood what Serena had said. "And...Hotaru?" "No..Me and Hotaru survived." "What about the outers?!" "They're not back from Michuru's concert in Vienna. So me and Hotaru are all thats left for the Earth now." Trunks sat in his chair, thinking about what Serena just stated. He thought about himself..Gohan..and the androids. He got up and quickly embraced the wailing Serena. He whispered to her, "I'ts ok. Your not alone." She looked up at him and smiled slightly. "Thank you." She whispered. "I'm upset, but not afraid like last time I lost my scouts. Is it because of you, Trunks? Are you giving me this new strength?"

Rini watched the two lovers hold each other and thought, "They seriously love each other. I was so selfish to think her and Darien would get back together!" She cursed herself as she dried her tears. "I need some air." Serena said. She bolted onto the balcony, mainly to be alone, but Trunks followed her anyway. Rini sat there, alone, thinking about what she was going to tell Mommy and Daddy when she got back to the 30th century. "I don't think I'll tell them anything. Daddy will probobly get mad and Mommy would just get confused." Rini sat there, thinking about the 30th century and eating all the cookies on the plate in front of her.

Meanwhile, Serena leaned onto the railing. "Ahh fresh air." She mumbled as a hand gently touched her back. "What are you thinking about?" Trunks asked. Serena sighed. "Just about all the things I have to do when...." She started, but was abruptly interrupted by a kiss. "What was that for?" Trunks shrugged his shoulders and kissed her again, only this time it was longer and sweeter. Serena showed her apreciation by slowly sliding her tounge in. Trunks accepted, but he suddenly broke apart and began to franticaly look around him. "Whats the matter?" Serena asked. "Someones watching us!" Trunks said. Serena turned around and saw from the corner of her eye, Rini, Bulma, and Mrs. Briefs quickly hide behind a curtain. "Come out! We know your there!" Serena yelled as, one by one, the three came out. "Spying on us, eh?" Serena said, putting her arms on her hips. "But..But...ITS JUST SO CUTE!" Bulma shouted. Serena giggled. "I guess its alright." She said, crossing her arms. "We'll forgive them this time, won't we Trunks?" Serena winked and Trunks chuckled. "Ok. This time." He said as the couple walked hand in hand back inside.

After being persuaded by Bulma and Mrs. Briefs, Serena and Rini decided to stick around for dinner. Serena was in the kitchen helping Bulma chop onions. Trunks decided to get some last minute training with his father before dinner and Rini was in the living room reading a book that Luna suggest she read. So, all was quiet for once. Rini basked in the sunlight by an open window, taking in the silence. Suddenly, she heard a door slam open and 'Woman! Wheres my dinner?' echoed throughout the house. "So much for peace and relaxation!" Rini thought as she slammed the book closed and ran into the kitchen where Serena and Bulma placed the food on the table. She took a seat next to Vegeta, who looked like he'd rather be somewhere else. He looked down at Rini. "What do you want?" He hissed, but Rini just smiled as her food was served. Rini ate, but was so tempted to pick up what was on her plate and fling it at him. But, she didn't think Bulma would like the mess and Vegeta just might kill her. So, she continued to eat, but all the while thought, "I'll get you, Vegeta. Even if it's the last thing I do. I'll get you when no one else is around!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!"

After a long dinner, Trunks and Serena decided to spend some time alone and talk about the events that had happened. They walked out the door into the chilly April air to take a short walk. The cherry blossoms were already in full bloom and the sun was just about to set, sending a beautiful orange light bouncing off the trees. Serena sighed. The last 2 days she had been through so many emotions. Love, hate, fatigue, worry. You name it, she felt it. "Pretty, isn't it?" Trunks said. Serena nodded. She looked into his eyes for a second and smiled. "Thank you." She said. "For what?" "Oh, just for being there when I needed you most. Like today. I really just needed someone who I could tell my problems to." Then, Serena remembered the girls. Their study sessions and chats about lame new enemies, cute guys, and stuff. She sniffled. "I'm okay." Serena smiled again and gazed into Trunks' eyes for a moment. "It's getting pretty late! I should get Rini and head back.." She started. "It's ok. This may be a really odd question, but..ah..you can...um...spend the night if you want.." He blushed and Serena blinked. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Okay." She smiled, which surprised him. She clenched onto his arm as they walked back home.