Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When Destiny Calls ❯ 17, 18 and… 16 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 1 goes up. This is Chapter 5. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: Only the plot is mine.
 
Chapter Summary: Androids 17 and 18 wake up, bringing Android 16 with them.
Imperfect Cell makes an appearance.
 
Chapter 5: 17, 18 and… 16
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“Kuso! We're too late!” Krillin exclaimed.
 
“Baka! Move aside!” Vegeta ordered, preparing to blast the door open.
 
“We should leave mow. At least wait for Goku to recover before doing anything.” Mirai Trunks advised.
 
“No need!” Vegeta shouted, firing a Ki blast at the door.
 
The door was blasted in, revealing a revived Android 17 and 18 with Dr Gero.
 
“That's them?” Vegeta asked.
 
“Hn.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“So, they're 17 and 18.” Krillin noted.
 
“Don't judge them by their appearance; they're more powerful than they look.” Mirai Trunks warned.
 
“They are the ones I told you about; friends of Son Goku and the ones who destroyed 19.” Dr Gero told the revived Androids.
 
“19?” Android 17 echoed. “You even created 19:
 
“Then why are the new models changed into the old fashioned energy-sucking type? Or is it because the unlimited energy type is too difficult to handle?” Android 18 questioned.
 
“Difficult to handle?” Krillin repeated.
 
Never mind this, it's more important to deal with them first.” Dr Gero ordered.
 
“We will do as we please.” Android 17 replied.
 
“Nani?” De Gero exclaimed in disbelief.
 
Walking over to Android 16's pod, Android 18 wondered out loud.
 
“16, I don't suppose he's also the same model as us? But he's different from us, much bigger.”
 
“Don't touch that 18!” Dr Gero exclaimed in horror.
 
“16... I didn't know there was a 16.” Mirai Trunks gasped.
 
“Interesting. Revive him.” Android 17 commented.
 
“Iie! Do you want to destroy the world? 16's a failure in an experiment. We can't revive him!” Dr Gero protested.
 
“A failure that was kept till now? Looks like everything's been destroyed before 15.” Android 18 remarked.
 
“I intended to rebuild him. But we can't move him, other wise we'll perish.” Dr Gero added.
 
“Hey, Let's go while they're arguing.” Krillin suggested.
 
“Good suggestion, since I'm the only one who can take care of them.” Vegeta snorted.
 
“We'll perish? Aren't I supposed to be more powerful than he is? Never mind that, 18. Open the hatch.” Android 17 commented.
 
“Insolent fools! The two of you are the same with 16, failures. I must deactivate you.” Dr Gero hissed.
 
“The remote control is destroyed.” Android 17 pointed out.
 
“I can always make another one.” Dr Gero replied.
 
Android 18 pressed the button the open the pod.
 
“Didn't you hear what I said! Don't touch that!” Dr Gero screamed, turning to Android 18.
 
However, Android 17 plunged his hand into Dr Gero's back, much to the horror of the Z Senshi at the doorway.
 
“What are you doing?” Dr Gero demanded, only to have his head kicked off by Android 17.
 
That done, he went back to Android 16's pod and told 18 to press the button.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Mirai Trunks was furious, he refused to let anymore Androids revive.
 
Powering up, he blasted a Ki blast at the two androids who were overlooking Android 16's pod.
 
Insert explosion sound.
 
The lab was blasted to smithereens.
 
“Should warned us first.” Krillin muttered, as the five took to the sky.
 
“It's useless.” Vegeta snorted.
 
“Useless?” Mirai Trunks echoed.
 
“Look.” Vegeta replied, pointing forward.
 
There, on a cliff stood Androids 17 and 18 unharmed and Android 16's pod was still intact.
 
“With that weak level of yours, you're only wasting your energy.” Vegeta scoffed.
 
Android 18 leaned over, pressed the eject button and kicked the cover open.
 
“Darn, another one.” Krillin mumbled.
 
Getting out if his coffin-like pod, Android 16 stood in his full glory.
 
The three Androids the discussed some more before taking off.
 
Angered at being slighted, Vegeta powered up and was about to go after them, when Mirai Trunks stopped him.
 
Despite of his warnings, Vegeta gave Mirai Trunks a punch in the stomach and took off.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back with the Androids, 17 had landed in the middle of a street. Some more discussion went on until Vegeta arrived.
 
Some more intimidating talk later, Android 18 stepped forth to fight.
 
Kicks and punches were thrown, with Vegeta gaining the upper hand… for now.
 
With one slap, Android 18 was blasted to the side of the cliff.
 
The battle quickly took to the sky before Android 18 landed back on the ground.
 
Still in his Super Saiyan mode, Vegeta fired a Ki blast which 18 dodged and the attack disintegrated a trunks that was passing by.
 
This time, it was Android 18's turn to go on the offensive.
 
She rushed towards him and head butted the Super Saiyan.
 
Vegeta took a few steps back and countered with a punch in her gut.
 
18 was unfazed as she retaliated with a high kick to his stomach.
 
Not waiting for him to recover, she jerked him to the side just as the rest arrived.
 
After hearing Mirai Trunks' shout, Vegeta emerged from the rubble, still in his Super Saiyan mode.
 
Some more arguing between Mirai Trunks and Vegeta later, the fight resumed; this time with Android 18 gaining the upper hand… for a while at least.
 
Vegeta managed to hit her, sending 18 crashing into a cliff. (A/N: Sweatdrop. Another cliff. Wonder how much property damage they caused with one battle alone.)
 
He added a Ki blast for good measure.
 
The blast hit 18 head on; she had not bothered to dodge.
 
When the dust settled, 18 stood there, half of her jacket torn off, but still unhurt.
 
Vegeta landed before her and swore that he would destroy her.
 
18 merely smirked before Vegeta attacked her again.
 
Incredible. I've never thought my father would be this powerful. He's evenly matched with the Androids. Mirai Trunks thought in awe.
 
“Vegeta might be killed if this keeps up.” Piccolo remarked.
 
“Look. The Androids are slowly gaining the upper hand. The enemy's strength hasn't
diminished; yet Vegeta's movements are slowing down.” Piccolo noted.
 
Vegeta was quickly knocked back by 18's rapid movements.
 
One sharp kick by 18 broke Vegeta's left arm.
 
With his father beaten, Mirai Trunks joined in the frenzy.
 
Drawing his sword, he made a beeline for 18, only to be intercepted by 17 who attacked from behind.
 
Piccolo and Tien rushed in to aid the half-Saiyan.
 
Turning to look at Piccolo, 17 gave him a roundhouse kick which sent him flying.
 
Tien was brought down by a neck lock.
 
Vegeta was about to fly up to defeat 17 with 18 grabbed him by the leg.
 
Meanwhile, 17's head lock on Tien tightened.
 
Taking him by the leg, 18 swung Vegeta into Mirai Trunks who had intended to free his father.
 
Then, with one crack, Tien fell unconscious back to the ground.
 
Ticked off, Piccolo rushed to 17 with every intention to punch him.
 
17 easily avoided the attack, before delivering an upper-cut into Piccolo's chest.
 
The Namekian went down with Tien.
 
Still having some fight in him left, Vegeta shot up in the air, firing a Ki blast at 18 who dodged it very easily.
 
Propelling herself forward, she landed a punch on Vegeta which knocked him backwards to the ground.
 
Landing beside the recovering Vegeta, 18 gave him a swift kick on the stomach.
 
Unable to take the punishment anymore, Vegeta descended back to his original form.
 
Jumping up to the road, 17 advised the only Z Senshi present to give the four fighters the Senzu Beans before taking off with 16, leaving a bewildered Krillin at their wake.
 
After everyone was healed, an enraged Vegeta took off into the sky before anyone could stop him.
 
Piccolo advised the three to head over to Goku's place and get him out of there before flying off to Kami's place.
 
Along the way, Tien split up to find Chaozu.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Meanwhile in the Son household, Yamcha had delivered the sick Goku back to his home and ChiChi was desperately trying to find the antidote from three years before.
 
After searching high and low, she finally found the bottle.
 
Taking the bottle from Chichi, Yamcha quickly gave Goku the medicine.
 
After some time, Goku began to breathe easy.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Meanwhile, the Androids managed to find a pickup truck.
 
After emptying it of its load, the three got into the vehicle and drove off.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Both Mirai Trunks and Krillin finally arrived at the Son's house where ChiChi opened the door, thinking that it was Gohan upon hearing the doorbell.
 
Once inside, Krillin informed Yamcha about the new developments and that they have to take Goku to Master Roshii's place.
 
With no time to lose, Krillin and Yamcha carried Goku to the transport pod as Mirai
Trunks loaded the transport. ChiChi locked the back door.
 
Once inside the transportation pod and settling Goku down, all they had to do was wait for Gohan and Ami to arrive.
 
“He's back!” ChiChi exclaimed, upon seeing Gohan's rapid form approaching her.
 
“What's wrong?” Gohan asked upon landing.
 
“No time, get in first.” Krillin remarked.
 
The two nodded.
 
With Yamcha as the pilot, the pod took off.
 
“To them, it's just a game. But no matter what, their ultimate goal is Goku.” Krillin commented.
 
“They're that powerful?” Gohan asked.
 
“Now what?” Yamcha asked.
 
“I don't know…” Krillin admitted.
 
“I have an idea. I can use the time machine to travel back to before they were created and destroy them, now that we know where Dr Gero's lab is.” Mirai Trunks suggested.
 
“I see.” Yamcha noted.
 
“Then we won't have any energy left to transport us back to the future.” Ami, who was sitting beside him, pointed out.
 
“Point taken.” Mirai Trunks sighed.
 
“Hey, I just thought of something. If Trunks destroyed the Androids in the past, then what will happen to the Androids now? Will they vanish?” Gohan asked.
 
“How could I forget? Even if I went back to the past to destroy the Androids, I would only be able to save that world's future. But since the Androids of this time have already been activated, nothing will change.” Mirai Trunks gasped.
 
“How so?” Krillin asked.
 
“For example, I went back to the past to give Goku's heart medicine and saved his life.” Mirai Trunks begun.
 
“But in our future, Goku still died of the heart disease. In other words, if there was a timeline where Goku was saved, there is a timeline where he died. Everything we do creates a whole new future.” Ami added, knowing what Mirai Trunks was getting at.
 
“Smart and beautiful. And mum always wonders why I love you so much.” Mirai Trunks teased, encircling a protective arm around her waist.
 
“Down boy!” Ami joked, swatting his arm playfully.
 
“Matte. Let me get this straight. So even if Goku defeated the Androids now, there will be Androids in your future?” Krillin blinked.
 
“Hai.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“If that's the case, then why did you come back for?” Yamcha asked the pair.
 
“Because mum was furious with the Androids, so she had hoped for a future without them. But the most important thing now is to find the Androids' weaknesses during the fight between Goku and the Androids. If I can't do that, I might have to bring Goku to the future with the time machine.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“But it looks like I've traveled into a past which was not supposed to exist. Goku's heart disease occurred in the wrong time, and not only have the Androids increased to three, they're also this powerful.” he added.
 
“But why is it different now?” Gohan asked.
 
“I don't know. Why did it evolve to this? Was it because I traveled in the time machine?” Mirai Trunks belated himself.
 
Ami placed a comforting hand on his clutched fist.
 
“Hey don't be so upset. If you didn't come as you did, Goku would have died. I should thank you.” ChiChi remarked.
 
“She's right. If there's a will, there will be a way.” Ami nodded.
 
Mirai Trunks gave her a soft smile.
 
“We're almost there!” Yamcha announced.
 
“Krillin, I think it's better if we told all of this to Bulma.” he suggested.
 
“Oh yeah. But why me?” Krillin asked.
 
Turning to Mirai Trunks, he remarked, “Your mum is strict.”
 
Mirai Trunks nodded, “She hasn't changed a bit in the future.”
 
Pressing the number pad, Krillin got through to Bulma.
 
Once through, Bulma immediately shouted through the receiver, “Krillin? Wah! Are you aright?”
 
Ami shook her head in amusement at Mirai Trunks' shocked expression.
 
Yup same old Bulma. she thought.
 
“Where are you calling from? I thought Gohan had returned home, but there was no one there when I called. Hey! Is my future son there?” she asked.
 
“Yeah.” Krillin stammered.
 
“Good. Get him to answer the phone.” she said.
 
“You can just say it here, we have a loudspeaker.” Krillin replied.
 
“A few days ago, someone from the west side informed us that they've found an unbelievable flying object, but it was completely immobile, so they want us to teach them. But after more questioning about this object's model, it turns out to be our company's product! On the body was a logo of Capsule Corp. After I saw the photo, I was surprised; that's the time machine that Trunks was in, but it was completely destroyed.” Bulma declared.
 
Standing up, Mirai Trunks frowned.
 
“But how? That's impossible! The time machine is still in the capsule and I have it with
me.” he announced.
 
“He said it's still with him.” Krillin reported.
 
“So it isn't his. Because it's covered in moss and looks pretty old, so I found it strange. I wanted to know how many time machines I made in the future.” Bulma said.
 
“How many? There was supposed to be one.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“Then that's strange, because it really is a time machine. I've seen the one you've traveled before, so I can't be wrong. Do you have a fax machine? I'll fax it over.” Bulma declared.
 
Once the photo was faxed over, Krillin handed it to Mirai Trunks.
 
Once it was in his hands, Mirai Trunks gasped.
 
“That's right! That's the time machine I traveled in!” he announced.
 
“Do you have the coordinates of this time machine?” Krillin asked.
 
“Not exactly, but I think is on the west 1050 area. You wish to go?” Bulma replied.
 
“Yes, I want to take a look for myself.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“Then I'll go too, it's isn't too far off.” Bulma declared.
 
“I understand.” Mirai Trunks nodded.
 
“Is there really only one time machine?” Yamcha confirmed.
 
“Yes.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“I wish to help and search.” Gohan requested.
 
“Of course. Thank you.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“Gohan!” ChiChi protested.
 
“Don't worry mum, I'm not going to a dangerous place.” Gohan assured his mother.
 
“I'm going too.” Ami announced.
 
Mirai Trunks cast a puzzling look at her.
 
“Ever since I arrived, I've been sensing something wrong in this timeline, something very wrong. I have to confirm my suspicions.” she replied.
 
I just hope I'm wrong. she mentally added.
 
Opening the door, the three took off.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
After some time, the trio arrived at the scene.
 
“Trunks, I found it!” Gohan declared.
 
“Good job Gohan.” Mirai Trunks complemented as both he and Ami landed.
 
A sound alerted the two time travelers.
 
“Must be Bulma. I'll go and bring her here.” Gohan declared.
 
Mirai Trunks opened the capsule that held his time machine and placed it beside the aged time machine.
 
“Look, that is the time machine I traveled in.” he said, pointing to the new machine.
 
“So this one isn't yours.” Bulma noted.
 
“Iie, you've only created one in the future.” Mirai Trunks replied.
 
“See here. This `Hope' was written by you before I took off.” Mirai Trunks added dusting away the moss that covered the word.
 
“But, what doing on? That one looked like as if it's been here for quite a while.” Bulma noted.
 
Flying up, both Mirai Trunks and Gohan was stunned to see the cover was melted off.
 
“Then who could have driven it here?” Bulma wondered aloud.
 
Opening the hatch, Mirai Trunks found two shells, one on the driver's seat, the other beside the control panel.
 
“What is? Looks like a coconut.” Gohan blinked.
 
“Let me see.” Bulma reached out.
 
Taking the two shells, she placed them together.
 
“Looks like some kid of egg shell.” she concluded.
 
“An egg? I've never seen an egg like this.” Gohan admitted.
 
Gohan frowned as he looked up at the hole in the hatch.
 
“Could it be, that something that hatched form that egg actually caused that?” he wondered out loud.
 
Mirai Trunks leapt into the cockpit and looked down at the energy detector.
 
“Almost out of energy. And the time is… 788A.D? That's three years after I came.” he gasped.
 
“From this time… it's nearly four years.” Mirai Trunks wondered aloud.
 
“And it traveled one year earlier than I did. Who is it? Why did he come here?” he exclaimed.
 
“The reason why history changed so much, is it because of this guy?” he wondered aloud.
 
Back on Kami's lookout, Piccolo and Kami finally merged together.
 
“Just as I feared. I was really hoping my senses were wrong.” Ami sighed, her voice trembling in obvious fear as she walked over to a rock.
 
The other three looked at her.
 
Has your link with the Earth grown this strong, Ami-chan? Mirai Trunks wondered.
 
“There.” she added, pointing to empty shell on the ground.
 
Everyone else followed her finger.
 
They had found Imperfect Cell's moulted shell.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
After sensing Imperfect Cell, Piccolo and Kami finally merged.
 
When the merged Piccolo descended back on Earth, he was met by the monster Kami was so afraid of; Imperfect Cell.
 
After sucking a human dry, Imperfect Cell posted a challenged to the combined Piccolo.
 
The combined Piccolo stepped up to the challenge.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back in Master Roshii's place, the Z Senshi felt a number of Ki auras.
 
“That's.. Frieza and King.. .Cold…” Gohan stammered.
 
“And Goku.. And Piccolo's and also my dad…” Mirai Trunks gasped.
 
“But Frieza and King Cold are dead.” Yamcha protested.
 
“And my dad's asleep.” Gohan added.
 
Vegeta and Tien too felt the amazing Ki aura.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: Uh oh, Imperfect Cell makes an appearance. What will happen next? Stay tuned and found out.