Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Duel Masters Fan Fiction ❯ Giving Love Another Chance ❯ Re-meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yup, that so starts yet another of my wrecked up fics. Before I begin this chapter proper, many thanks to my reviewers.

Hoshiko Megami: This is your Chapter 1. So enjoy!

Bunny Aino: Okay, it isn’t just me. You’re really reading all of my fics! One more thing, Ami’s having a dual personality in this. When she isn’t dueling, she’s still her sweet old self. But once she’s in the dueling ring, watch out, she’s one tough customer.

Disclaimers: I own nothing, except Ami’s decks.

Chapter 1: Re-meeting

******************************************************* ******************************************
The next day, a fully dressed Mizuno Ami exited the hotel and headed for the dueling stadium.

Slipping in easily, she strolled through the passageway.

Luck was on her side as the lights dimmed and Hakuoh stood at the dueling table, facing To-Ban-Jan.

Unfazed by the roaring crowd, she walked to a corner and watched the duel, arm akimbo.

Just as the duel was ending, Ami shut her eyes nonchalantly. Pushing herself off the wall, she strode back to the passageway she came from. Midway, she spotted someone and lifted her head.

“Konnichiwa Knight.” she remarked.

Knight nodded in acknowledgment once he noted her getup.

“You aren’t impressed.” he remarked.

“Why should I be?” she returned.

With that, she walked off.

Minutes later, Hakuoh walked past.

“So that was Kirafuda Shobu ?” he inquired.

Knight nodded.

“I see.” Hakuoh remarked.

“Hakuoh.” Knight began.

“Yes?”

“The ‘Tenshi no Sui-Yami’ has been revived.” Knight added.

Hakuoh raised an eyebrow.

“I thought she’d retired.”

“Apparently she decided to come out of retirement.” Knight supplied.

“I see.” Hakuoh nodded and spirited off.

Reaching the exit, the long-haired duelist looked around for the missing girl.

A quick scan told him that she was heading back to her hotel. Swiftly, he caught up with her and pulled the startled girl towards him.

“We need to talk.” he hissed.

“You and I have nothing to talk about.” the girl rebuked.

“Yes we do.” Hakuoh insisted and literally dragged her off.

Safe in a thicket, Ami pulled herself free. Reckoning that she was of a safe distance, her hand went up to nurse her bruised wrist.

She was instantly shocked and surprised when Hakuoh pulled her to him, pressing her back to his chest.

“What is a King to do without his Queen?” he breathed onto her neck.

“Absolutely nothing.” the girl remarked coolly.

Hakuoh frowned at her answer.

Feeling his grip relax, Ami slipped out of his arms and replied, “You’ve changed, Hakuoh. You’re no longer the Hakuoh I knew and loved.”

“Oh?” he questioned.

“Then answer me this: is winning every duel this important to you?” she asked.

“Yes.” Hakuoh answered.

“Even more important than me?” Ami pressed.

Hakuoh was silent.

“I see.” she remarked.

“Return to the Master, Hakuoh and mention nothing about me.” she finished and exited gracefully out of the thicket.

It was not long before a torrent came pouring down.

************************************************************ ******************************
SailorStar9: Hrm, looks like there’s a drift in Hakuoh and Ami’s relationship. Will they patch up? Stay tuned!