Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ A Bed of Stars ❯ What's Simple is True ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Bed of Stars

Chapter 1, What's Simple is True

By: SilverRose82

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the original charaters, anyone not in LotR or SM is mine.

I'm just putting this up to see how well it does, since my other story The Ice Soldier is wrapping up. A sequel for The Ice Soldier is starting to be written. I'm halfway done with the first chapter.

Whatever Elven is used within this story will be simple since I know very little of it. But what is used comes from the Grey Company's Common to Elvish Dictionary. Some words are Quenya.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"How long has it been, since I've looked apon Middle Earth?" a silvery voice whispered in the black hall of her glorious palace. A palace made of the brightest silver and gold, that only the stars and the moon could give her. Glancing out across the vast black carpet of space with its tiny pin prints of light all around her, she sighed. She a Calaquende, Guardian of the Cosmos, the light of the universe; forced to leave her new life for that of the Cosmos, as willed by the hands of Fate herself. How she thought she had ridded those ugly hands, but they would never be done with her. Turning around she started a slow worn and tired walk to her throne, made of the softest grey stone. She grasped one of the ruby red velvet covered arms before lowering her tired form into the comforting warmth.

"It's been too long, probably only a few years compared to the eternity I feel here." She muttered waving a pale hand before of her. An opaque bubble appeared, floating gently as if sitting apon a glass stand, staring into hidden depths she saw everything that would happen on Middle Earth.

That blasted ring was once again awakening to the calls of its beloved master. Why couldn't it have been destoried all those years ago? She wouldn't have had to leave if it had been destoried. But the will of man was always something weak. Their will never could withstand the power of greed, hated, lust. Everything that, that simple golden band stood for. She cried out when she saw who the fated ringbearer was to be. Oh how so that it had to be him, why that blasted ring didn't stay with Gollum was beyond her, but once again Fate laugh at her scorning. She wished that she could over rule Fate, she was Cosmos, she was stronger than Fate. But she didn't want the job, didn't want to be the one that controlled everyone's lives. Destiny's place had been taken over by Gurtha's daughter.

"Too long my lady." A voice weaved throught the shadows, whispy and dark to her soft light voice. Gurtha's daughter was making her appearance from the center core.

"What news do you bring, Fea?" she asked looking at the shadowed figure of Gurtha's daughter.

"Go back." Fea smiled as Cosmos stood and smiled, brightly for the first time in many years, before wrapping herself within her silvery white cape. Turning to Fea with new found strenght she started picturing her beloved planet, Arda, with it's hues of greens, blues, and browns.

"I'll see you there, Fea." She smiled before vanishing in a fury of gold and silver stars. The only thing that spoke of her ever being there was a simple crystal rose that Fea knew would vanish within a few hours, unless danger struck the Crystal Palace of the Cosmos.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I hate this, I hate this so much!" she stomped as she looked around. All she saw surrounding her were trees, glorious silver maple trees but still trees. "Oh no, I can't go where I want to go, it never works that way when there's evil afoot. Ooh Fate we're going to have a grande talk after this is over. A long, long, long, millions of years, long talk."

Looking around again she continued to spit fire at Fate's name as she started heading in the direction she percieved as west. The sun sets to the west, you walk towards the sun, she remembered hearing once when she was younger.

"Of course, I can't just go to Rivendell, Lothlorien or Mirkwood or even the Shire. No, I get sent to the middle of nowhere. Fate you will feel the pain of a thousand deaths for this one. Stupid, stupid, crazy woman who has nothing better to do than fuck with my life and those close to me. Choose someone else Fate, I am stronger than your stupid binds and can boot you out onto the streets!! Roads, paths, what ever they call them now. Oh you may be laughing now Fate but this will not be a laughing matter once I'm done with you. You, you have done something that even Hades frowns apon. Never have I been allowed to watch my children grow. Always taken away from them."

"Shhh."

"Strider what is it?"

"Hush."

"Frodo, is that Ren?"

"I don't know. I think so….."

"It has to be. How many elves do we know that walk around like that?"

"Pippin, that's not polite."

"Well, it's true how many do we know?"

"Lady Ren is the only elf that we know personally, Pip."

"Oh yeah."

"Pippin you're an idiot."

"Merry, that's not polite."

"Will the three of you hush?" Strider muttered, but at second glance you could see the amusement in his grey eyes.

"I think it's Lady Ren." Pippin huffed as Merry and Frodo pulled him down beside them, Sam was watching them with curiosity as he tended to Bill.

"Pippin, quite. Strider said so." Merry muttered under his breath.

"I still say it's her."

"It that is a elf. I've never heard of a white haired elf." Strider muttered to the four of them as Frodo all but fell over.

"If she hears you say she has white hair she'll hurt you. Right Pippin?" Frodo spoke with sudden amusement.

"Hey, how was I to know that it was pearl silver and not white. It looked white from where I was. And what is pearl any ways, she never explained that?" Pippin muttered trying to keep his dignity. Frodo looked over at him, intense colbalt blue eyes sparked with merryment. Merry and Sam could only smile at the happiness Frodo was showing.

"It's Ren. Want me to go yell for her?" Merry asked as he turned to look at the ranger. Strider was studying him with a concerned gaze. The young hobbit seemed so sure about it that Strider knew that the joyful hobbit, knew of what he spoke of.

"How are you so sure?"

"She could always make the worriedest of us happy. Frodo's happy. It's Lady Ren." Merry told him as though it was the most normal thing in the world. Strider couldn't argue with the hobbit, with a slight nod he gave his consent. His hand reached towards his sword incase it was not the lady they spoke of. Merry smiled as he walked away from the bushes and trees they were hidding behind and started making his way towards the still ranting woman.

"LADY REN!!!!!" Merry yelled from behind her, Ren visuably jump a few feet in the air. Whirling around to see who dare give her a premature heartattack, her silver eyes wide with shock of the scare.

"Meriadoc Brandybuck!! Don't you scare me like that!" Ren yelled as she welcome the small hobbit into her arms. "Now what are you doing so far from the Shire, little one?"

"Well, it wasn't really my fault, Pip was the one who suggested we take a few carrots from Farmer Maggot…." Merry started wide eyed as Pippin and Frodo came running out of their hiding spots to tackle their old friend. Ren's laughter was heard throughout the forest as she fell to the ground from the force.

"Merry it was your idea to start with don't bring me into it." Pippin muttered as Ren smiled warmly at the three. Her warm, ever seeing silver eyes scanning over the three of them checking for any injuries for which she would skin and torture their guide.

"Merry, Pippin, Frodo." Ren smiled as she picked herself up from the forest floor. Dusting leaf particles from her cape she watched as the two infront of her got into another one of their prized arguments. Gazing softly at Frodo she turned her silver eyes onto the bushes they had just come from. "You three are not out here alone are you? Though I haven't the slightest idea as to where I am, I know that I am nowhere near the Shire."

"Uhh, you'd have to ask Strider over there as to where we are. I couldn't really tell you." Pippin smiled brightly as she ruffled his hair. "Strider, Sam come out, it's Lady Ren!"

"Another hobbit." Ren whispered under her breath as she turned to study the stout hobbit that appeared before her leading a chestnut coloured pony. Recalling her memories of the Shire she found she couldn't place the newcomer. "I don't believe I've meet him."

"You haven't?" Frodo asked as he glanced from Ren to Sam, understanding dawned on his round face. "That's because we met Sam a few years after your last visit."

"You introduce him Pip, you're better at these thing."

"Merry, I don't want to, Ren always looks like she's going to break from laughter when I introduce people."

"That's because you always dance around when you do so."

"So I should not do so. This is a royal matter. I'm anything but a royal introductor…… person."

"I'll do it." Frodo laughed as he walked over to Sam. "Lady Ren, I'd like to introduce you to Samwise Gamgee, better known as Sam."

"Hello, Lady Ren."

"It's nice to meet you Sam. Please call me Ren, anything else makes me feel old." Ren told him with a sweet smile.

"But you are, older than us." Pippin yelled out as Ren shook her head in amusement. A small smile graced her face as she glanced over at the man behind the hobbits.

"That I know. Let us not go into that." Ren smiled as she turned to watch the dark clothed man before her. By looks of his appearance she knew him to be a ranger. However, with the powers of Pluto she was able to see his past, present, and future. "You're a ranger. Then pray tell you answer this question. Where are we?"

"We're a day's walk from the Ford." He answered as he grey eyes studyed her, the clothing she wore was nothing like that elves wore that was for certain. Her entire outfit was a silvery white colour, with a small hint of colour here and there. A skirt that went down to her upper thighs. She was slightly taller than most elves were and her colouring was off. Though most elves were fair skinned, her's was oddly pale, though it glowed, her hair was silvery to an elf's white gold or chestnut, and her eyes were a silver that couldn't be matched by anything but the moonlight itself.

"She always been like that. Except her hair normally turns a pale golden silver when she come to visit." Merry told him as he studied Lady Ren's hair. "It isn't gold. Ren why isn't your hair that gold colour?"

"Hmm….. oh this one's going to be a gradually turn. Since I don't know how long I'm going to be on Middle Earth." Ren picked up a small ribbon of long hair and studied it, gently tossing it back over her shoulder she smiled, causing the other hobbits to smiled brightly.

"Lady Ren's going to be staying with us!" Pippin laughed as he hugged Ren around her waist. Ren smiled, patting the top of his head, she turned towards the east to scan over the trees. Gently removing herself from Pippin's grasp, she walked towards the brushes that they had just burst out from. Cocking her head to the right she closed her eyes and listened. Eyes flashed black onyx when they snapped open, turning to face the others all happiness become void on her face, seriousness had set in.

"What do you hear, lady?" Strider asked as he noticed her cautious look and uncertainty.

"There's darkness around us. However, it is slow to come." She told him as she glanced around at the hobbits. Frodo was showing signs of worry at her words while Merry and Pippin where acting like their normal carefree selves. Sam, she couldn't tell how he was feeling for she had just met him. Strider nodded as he started to lead them onwards Ren followed along after him with Frodo beside her and Merry, Pippin and Sam a few steps behind them. Listening to the sounds of the trees and wind she only knew that the darkness she had felt was coming closer, its beloved element was clear, darkness and shadows. Not a werewolf or a warg or even a group of orcs could love shadows as much as they.

"We should make hast and stay off the roads." Strider told the group as Ren nodded before willing her silvery cape to vanish. Knowing that she was more powerful in her soldier form she didn't drop her transformation into normal more comfortable clothing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Elven Words:

Calaquende: Light Elf

Fea: Spirit

Gurtha: Death

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you like this story, Review please, I'd like to know what everyone thinks.

Review, Thanks, and Goodnight:

~*~ SilverRose82 ~*~