Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ A Bed of Stars ❯ Full Circle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Bed of Stars

Chapter 2, Full Circle

By: SilverRose82

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the original charaters, anyone not in LotR or SM is mine. Parts of this story have lines from the movie, which I have gotten from:

http://blake.prohosting.com/awsm/script/LOTRFOTR.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Is this Rivendell?" Frodo asked as he looked from Strider to Ren. A slight nod from Aragorn and a sweet smile from Ren caused the hobbits to start a joyous chrous of chatter. Ren closed her eyes and willed her normal attire. A simple pair of mint green leggings, a silver high collared long sleeved shirt with a forest green trim around her neck, under a tunic that protected her from sight was forest green with silver accents of simple curls, like peacock feathers, at the bottom edges of the outfit and the single silver S curl at the junction where the front parts of the tunic met. A thin belt of soft gold wrapped around her waist, her feet covered in mid calf high, black boots.

"Its been a long time since I've visited, last." Ren whispered as she felt a silent static shock fly through her warning of a danger. Turning when she heard Sam, Pippin, and Merry cry out she almost didn't catch the collapsing Frodo in her arms. Checking the hobbit in her arms to see if he was breathing, she sighed in thanks that he was only unconscious.

Rushing quickly the group made their way towards the center of Rivendell where the lord of the valley was. Ren, slowly allowing some of her power to seep into Frodo, keeping him from crossing over into the shadow realm. Elrond greeted them before they were rushed into a healing room. Elrond took over healing Frodo as Ren ushered the three worried and distaunt halflings out of the room. Keeping them within her sights as she brought them outside, to one the gardens in Rivendell.

"Its our fault. We couldn't protect him." Sam muttered as they sat down in a small ring in the middle of a grassy walkway. Plucking small blades of grass, Sam stared at them silently watching the early morning sunlight glance of the green blade.

"If I didn't know for a fact that you had never raised a weapon against a mortal enemy I would believe that. I don't blame you, I don't blame any of you. None of you have ever raised a weapon in such a matter as that night. I blame the man who was guiding you." Ren told him as she slowly lowered her self down behind Merry and Pippin.

Holding up a single red blossom she tossed it in the center of the small ring. All eyes were transfixed on the crimson petals, Ren waved her hand over the blossom and a small bright spark of light erupted from the flower's petals. Looking back at the flower after the light had died, the hobbits were shocked to see that the flower had multiplied. Three identical blooms lay on the ground while seconds before only one rested. Pippin looked behind him to ask Ren something but the elf had vanished leaving them to their selves.

"Where'd she go?" Merry asked when he noticed that the second mother to Frodo vanished without anyone noticing.

"She goes where ever she wishes to go." Pippin shrugged as he reached for the crimson bloom that lay before him, its center a brilliant silver.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

White, a clear white haze surrounded Frodo's vision before his sight cleared and he could see the splended room that he awoke in. The room was open, carved vines of wood wound around the walls, in certain areas carved statues graced pillars and corners bring a calming effect to the entire room.

"Where am I?" he mumered as he tried to sit up in the bed he rested in.

"You are in the House of Elrond, and it is ten in the morning, on October the 24th, if you want to know." There was a relieved sigh at the side of his bed. Turning his attention towards the voice he was visually surprised to see the wizard.

"Gandalf?"

"Yes, I'm here. And you're lucky to be here, too. A few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid, but you have some strength in you, dear hobbit." Gandalf told the hobbit seriously, but relief could be seen in the old wizard's face and happiness that the hobbit was alright.

"What happened? Why didn't you meet us?" Frodo's eyebrows knitted together as he remembered that Gandalf had not met up with them at the inn.

"I am sorry. I was delayed." Gandalf told the hobbit, apologetically. Remembering the reason for his long delayment. Fighting against Saurman, watching orcs and goblins tear down trees and create gourges around the tower. So lost in his memory he didn't notice Frodo's worried look or hear his calls.

"Gandalf, what is it?" Frodo asked, snapping the old wizard out of his revenue.

"Nothing." Gandalf answered airly as he turned to the door.

"Bless you, Frodo, you're awake!" Sam laughed in joy as he leaped onto his friend's bed to hug him. Elrond and Gandalf smiled as they watched the reunited friends greet each other.

"Sam has hardly left your side." Gandalf mused as he watched Frodo turn to look at him.

"We were that worried about you, weren't we, Mr. Gandalf?" Sam told Frodo as he too, turned his gaze on the wizard.

"Thanks to the skills of Master Elrond, you have begun to mend." Gandalf nodded as he introduced Frodo to Elrond.

"Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins." The elven lord nodded as Frodo turned his gaze onto the chestnut haired elf before him.

Buttoning his vest back up after changing back into more familiar and comfortable clothes, Frodo glanced around at the wonderous city of Rivendell. For a few minutes he wondered where Ren had gone off too, but knowing that she had importance to this world, she could be anywhere on Middle Earth. Turning at the sound of his name he was greeted with hugs from Merry and Pippin. Sam joined the group a second or two later. Turing to look down one of the elven paths, Frodo found the surprise that surpast all. There was Bilbo writing in the sunlight. His hair was white and he was looking his age. But that didn't stop him from running towards the old hobbit.

"Bilbo!" Frodo exclaimed as he hugged Bilbo.

"Hello, Frodo, my lad!" Bilbo smiled as he watched as the younger hobbit sit down to leaf through his book.

"There and back again, a hobbit's tale, by Bilbo Baggins. This is wonderful!" Frodo smiled as he turned to Bilbo.

"I meant to go back, wander the paths of the Mirkwood, visit Laketown, see the Lonely Mountain again, but age, it seems, has finally caught up with me." Bilbo explained as he slowly moved to sit beside Frodo.

"I miss the Shire. I spent all my childhood pretending I was somewhere else, off with you on one of your adventures, but my own adventure turned out to be quite different. I'm not like you, Bilbo." Frodo amitted sadly, Bilbo gave the younger hobbit a sad smile as he gazed apon him.

"My dear boy."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Darkness can not be allowed to gain, Gandalf. If it does the universe will fall. Chaos will rule surpreme. I fought Chaos for millions of years, chasing him around everywhere he stuck hardest. Only a few thousand years before I came to Middle Earth, for the first time, did I destory most of Chaos. Seperating him into smaller parts and distributing him to different planets, galaxies, dimensions so that it would take him a great deal of time to become whole again." Ren argued as she sat, ridged before the Lord of Rivendell, his sons, and the Grey Wizard in one of Elrond's meeting chambers.

"Lady Ren, there is a more pressing matter. The ring had been found again." Gandalf told her, silver eyes blazed angerly at she glanced around the room. Elladan and Elohir were both in the room sitting beside their father, Arwen had left to calm the ranger after Ren had attempted to decapatate him for not understanding the world of hobbits. The two shrank back a bit at the anger the serene lady elf was showing. Her essences screamed anger, that they did not understand or believe that she didn't know of the dangers.

"Do you think I do not know that? Do you think that I don't know what will happen? I know, I've seen it. Who do you think Saruon is, just some wizard turned bad? He is in a way, but he's more. He's a part of Chaos, a part of Chaos that got away from me and came here." She rold them in shame for the reasons that she could have spared Middle Earth, Frodo, this pain. "I could have stopped him, but even destroying one part of Chaos for good would disrrupt the balance, the scale of the universe. One side light, one side dark and one of light and dark, daughter of the two. It's a triangle of life, corruption, death. Elves, Man, Orcs."

"Lady Ren you can't blame yourself for what are beyond your control." Elrond told her as he stood, the door to the study opened reveiling a slightly dazzled elf, not old in elven standards, only a few hundred years. Failon, the small, blonde hair, blue eyes elf had been living under the care of Elrond since his mother and siblings had been killed due to an orc raid, his father had been killed a few years before in a different raid.

"My'lord, the last of the lords have come for the council meeting." Failon told the elf lord before him with a bow. Ren stood up and turned to look over the group before her. Elrond nodded his thanks to the young boy before turning to glance at the Lady Ren.

"Though, you do not seem to take heed of my warnings, Elrond, Gandalf. I advise you think of it. I know what corrupts him, I know the power he carries. You fought him once, I've been fighting him for a lifetime. Long before any of you were even born." Ren told him as she turned towards the door. Pulling the shy Failon with her she disappeared from their sights in a wave of silver.

"I believe that you should take heed to her warnings, Father. She is Cosmos." Elladan pointed out as he tucked strands of dark chestnut hair behind his ears. Glancing around at the open room with its dark cherry furniture he sighed.

"Wise yes, knowing yes. She is all of those. However, cautions must be taken still. The council will be tomorrow." Elrond answered as he walked out of the room, his robes brushing against the frame.