Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Not Just an Ordinary Cook ❯ I'm Moving! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It was Saturday morning and Makoto was already up cooking for her friends. She was just so excited that she didn’t get much sleep last night. She had invited everyone to come over at 12 o’clock in the afternoon and she wanted everything to be ready. Sure her apartment looked plain due to the fact that she had packed everything that she was taking, but it still looked nice. The only things weren’t going to take were the furniture and her plants. Other than that everything was gone and packed away.

As Makoto stirred the contents in one of the pots she checked her watch for the time. It was only 9:30! In disappointment she sat at the table and waited for the pies in the oven to finish. Her hands were placed behind her head as she leaned back on the chair with her feet on the table. Normally she would’ve never placed her feet on her precious table or would she have leaned on her chair in such a way that she was now, but being as these things were just going to be left there she didn’t care about their condition.

She was almost asleep when the doorbell suddenly rang and for some odd reason it seemed louder than ever. In shock Makoto fell backwards on her chair and groaned as she tried to get back up. “I guess that’s what I get for sitting like that, huh.” she said as she got up. She went to the door and opened it to find Setsuna, Haruka, Hotaru and Michiru. She looked at her watch and saw it said 10:00 AM and tapped it a few times as if it would suddenly change to display a different time. Then finally Setsuna spoke up.

“We decided to come early,” she said with a smile. “We had nothing else to do and figured that you were here on your own cooking for everybody.”

“Well we thought you were on your own until we heard a loud thump,” said Haruka with a sly grin. “You and your boyfriend having fun in there?” she said with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

Makoto looked at her through squinted eyes and grunted in disbelief. “Oh please Haruka, I’m over that kind of stuff. The guy’d have to marry me before I’d ever do something like ‘that’ with him.”

“Right…” said Haruka. “Just as long as Hotaru’s innocent ears are around I won’t say anything about it.” she said with a wink.

Makoto glared at her and was about to say something back when Michiru interrupted.

“Alright you two, that’s enough. Haruka please stop badgering Makoto.”

With a deep sigh Haruka complied. “Fine,” she said as she smirked at Makoto. Setsuna then came in followed by Hotaru who jumped up and hugged Makoto.

“Congratulations, Makoto!” said the small Hotaru. Makoto then looked at her a little confused and Hotaru just giggled.

“Congrats for what?” she asked. In response, Hotaru just shrugged her shoulders and sat on the couch between Haruka and Setsuna. Just then the timer for the pies went off and Makoto rushed to take them out.

“So Makoto,” asked Michiru when Makoto came back to the living room. “Are you redecorating?” she asked as she made a notion towards the walls where there used to be pictures hanging up. Makoto blushed and laughed nervously as she scratched the back of her head.

“Actually that’s the reason why I called and invited everyone over.” said Makoto.

“You need help redecorating?” asked Michiru.

“Not exactly,” said Makoto as she continued to laugh nervously. “I’m, uh…..I’m…” she hesitated. “I’m-”

“Moving!” said Hotaru. Makoto’s jaw dropped and Michiru looked at her softly as Setsuna grabbed her to cover her mouth. Setsuna then smiled apologetically at Makoto and Makoto finally realized what the congratulations was for.

“Hotaru, you shouldn’t shout out like that,” said Michiru. “It’s very rude. Sorry Makoto, but what were you going to say honey?”

“Actually, Hotaru was right.” said Makoto as she smiled nervously.

“What do you mean?” asked Michiru. By that time, Haruka was pulled back to reality and sat on the edge of the couch looking at Makoto.

“I’m moving!” said Makoto. She then released a sigh of relief to finally have let it come out and looked over at Michiru and Haruka.

“Moving!” said Haruka in a preposterous sort of tone. “Since when?”

“Since, yesterday,” said Makoto.

“Who said you could move?” said Haruka in obvious anger. Makoto rolled her eyes and Michiru started to try and calm Haruka down.

“Haruka, she is perfectly able to move if she wants to. After all, she is a successful and independent young lady who can make decisions on her own.” said Michiru.

“But Michi, she’s moving to a different place! She can’t move,” retorted Haruka.

“And why not?” asked Michiru.

Haruka was then silent and jerked her head to the side as if she didn’t want anyone to see her. “Because she can’t,” said Haruka in a somewhat childish manner which made Makoto smile.

“Aww, does Haruka actwually care about little Mako-chan?” said Makoto mockingly with a huge smile on her face.

“Shut it Makoto, I’m not in the mood,” she retorted stubbornly. Michiru then giggled and smiled.

“Well I am happy for you Makoto,” said Michiru. At those words everyone could hear Haruka mumbling under her breath. Of course it didn’t sound at all G-rated so they ignored it.

“Thanks,” replied Makoto.

“Whereabouts are you moving?” asked Michiru.

“The Sanq Kingdom,” said Makoto with a shrug.

“The Sanq Kingdom!” yelled Haruka. “Move, yeah, but to the Sanq Kingdom! Who the heck said you could go that far?”

Once again Michiru sat there trying to console Haruka.

“Ruka, she’s probably got a good reason to go. Besides I’m sure she’ll keep in touch. You really shouldn’t worry so much.” said Michiru. Haruka was then glowering with anger and sat with her arms folded and mouth shut.

“Why exactly are you moving there, Makoto?” asked Michiru.

“Well, yesterday I went in for an interview to be the head chef in Ms. Relena’s kitchen. I was nervous but I got the job!” said Makoto with her excitement rising.

Haruka then grunted. “So let me get this straight…you’re moving so that you can go cook for a spoiled princess! You can do that over here! Just move in with Usagi and call it a day. It’s just as good as moving to the Sanq Kingdom and being the head chef. And I’ll tell you what,” said Haruka. “not only will you be the head chef for a princess, but you’ll be the one and only chef for the princess if you move in with her.”

Makoto smiled in disbelief and rubbed her temples softly. Of all people that would give her a hard time about moving, it had to be Haruka. What a shocker.

“Haruka,” said Setsuna. “This is a choice that Makoto has thought hard over and I’m sure she knows what she’s doing. Besides, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for her and we can’t ruin that.”

Haruka took another deep sigh and rolled her eyes. Setsuna and Michiru were right and she knew it, but did Makoto really have to move? “Fine,” said Haruka in defeat. “Congratulations Makoto for being a good cook, but don’t think that I support that moving stuff. I personally think that you can just cook here and Fed-Ex the food to the Sanq Kingdom.”

Makoto then laughed along with Setsuna, Hotaru and Michiru, and even though Haruka was mad she couldn’t help smiling.

*Ding-Dong* rang the doorbell. Makoto then got up and went to answer it.

“Are we late?” asked Rei as she and Minako walked in and noticed the outers sitting in the living room.

“Nope,” said Makoto. “You’re just on time.”

Rei and Minako then sat down and placed the board games that they brought over on the coffee table.

“Hey guys,” said Minako. “Anyone up for a game of Twister?”

Hotaru then jumped up excitedly and dragged Haruka along with her. They then started playing and the others just watched.

“Right foot, green,” said Rei. Minako, who had her legs in a lunging position and her hands crossed in front of her, lifted her right leg and began to shake. While she was trying to move her right leg to the green circle, Haruka had mischievously persuaded Hotaru to try and get Minako to fall without her realizing it. So as Minako was shaking and had her right foot in the air, Hotaru pretended to sneeze and slightly hit Minako on the side.

“Sorry,” said Hotaru, who was doing the splits beneath the two and had her right hand down parallel to her right shoulder.

“Oh don’t worry about it,” said Minako as she almost lost her balance. Then Hotaru sneezed again and almost made Minako fall again as she slightly hit up against Minako’s side. “That’s okay,” said Minako a getting a little flustered. Then as Minako was about to get her foot over to the green circle, Hotaru began to giggle and being as she was under Minako’s back Minako began to laugh too because Hotaru was tickling her. Then there was no stopping it, Minako fell down and brought Haruka down with her.

“I won!” shouted Hotaru as she beamed triumphantly at the two ‘losers’.

“Hey! No fair! You cheated!” yelled Minako. Hotaru looked at her with a hurt expression and said, “Why I’d never.” The others then laughed as Minako started to chase Hotaru around the room.

“We’re here!” shouted Usagi as she burst through the door with Mamoru in tow. “Did we miss anything?” she asked while searching around for a tray of food.

“No, we were just waiting for you guys to show so we could start,” said Makoto.

“Okay! Well we’re here!” said Usagi enthusiastically. Makoto smiled and got up to go get the food.

“Wait, Makoto,” said Michiru. “We’ll get it for you.”

Michiru then got up and got the food with the help of a reluctant Haruka. They all sat there talking and finally the big question popped up.

“So Makoto,” asked Mamoru. “Why’d you call us over?”

Usagi then looked at him scoldingly. “Mamoru, that is a very rude question! If she wants to invite us over, then she can and she doesn’t have to explain why either!”

Mamoru then looked at her and tried to explain that he was just trying to strike a conversation but Usagi wasn’t listening. So Makoto decided to help Mamoru out.

“Well Usagi,” said Makoto in Mamoru’s defense. “It’s okay really. I was actually about to tell you all why I invited you anyways.” At these words Mamoru seemed relieved and mentally thanked Makoto.

“Okay,” said Usagi. “What’s up?”

Makoto then cleared her throat and took a deep breath. ‘Here we go again’. “I’m moving!”

The room went silent and Haruka laughed but stopped when Michiru elbowed her.

“I’m sorry, Mako-chan. I don’t think I heard correctly,” said Usagi. “Can you repeat that?”

Makoto looked solemnly at Usagi and repeated it. “I’m moving.”

Usagi then looked like she was going to have a heart attack at that moment and she jumped into Mamoru’s arms for consolation.

“This is the worse nightmare I have ever had! First it was Ami that was moving and now it’s Mako-chan! Why must the world be so cruel?” she bellowed.

“Calm down Usagi,” said Mamoru. “It’s not that bad.” At this, Usagi lifted herself from his arms and looked at him accusingly.

“What do you mean, it’s not that bad?” she yelled. “Do you want her to leave or something? Do you not like Mako-chan?”

“Usagi calm down,” said Rei somewhat annoyed. “I’m sure we’re all sad that Mako’s moving so quit your whining already.”

Usagi then sat childishly with her arms folded and looked at Makoto.

“I’m g-glad,” started Minako. “No I mean, I’m happy for you, I think.”

There was an awkward silence that filled the room and no one knew what to say.

“Well, I’m sure you have good reasons to move,” said Artemis suddenly breaking the silence. Makoto then jumped because she never realized Artemis was there and looked around to find Luna in Usagi’s lap.

“When did you guys get here?” asked Makoto.

“Just a few minutes ago,” responded Luna. “We were in the future and Setsuna helped us get back just a few minutes ago.”

Makoto then nodded and smiled to herself. Of course it would only be her and her friends that would ever regard time travel and talking cats with an air of familiarity as if it was usual and happened all the time.

“Well, I leave on Monday.” Said Makoto. “I’m going to be the head chef for Relena Peacecraft in the Sanq Kingdom.”

Usagi then lifted her head with wide eyes. “Does that mean, you going to pledge your allegiance to another princess? Are you-” she stopped. “Are you going to ally yourself with Princess Relena and come back to overthrow me in the time of Krystal Tokyo?” said Usagi in worry.

“Of course not,” said Makoto as she laughed. “Why on Earth would I do such a thing? Just because I’m cooking for another princess, it doesn’t mean I’m pledging my allegiance to her. It’s just a job.”

“Oh,” said Usagi as she calmed herself down a bit. Makoto then seated herself next to Usagi and put an arm over her shoulder.

“I would never betray you Princess Serenity, and if you are ever in trouble you can count on me to be there ready to fight for you. I would die before ever being a traitor.” said Makoto in hopes of consolidating Usagi. Needless to say it worked and Usagi burst into tears as she hugged Makoto.

“Just promise me you’ll be at the wedding,” she cried.

Makoto smiled and promised.

“You’re going to be at the front of the line Makoto! If your not there, I’ll be able to tell.” she said. Everyone then laughed and it there was finally a more comfortable air around the room.

“I’m really proud of you,” said Rei. “You’re finally going to be off on your own.”

“Yeah,” said Minako. “I’m really happy for you, Makoto. Those guys are lucky to get to have your cooking, but promise you’ll send us some every now and then.” she said with a smile.

“Sure,” said Makoto.

They all were finally laughing again and had even called Ami and had her on speakerphone. It was nice to hear her voice again and it reminded everyone of the good old times. It was soon late and everyone left. They all hugged Makoto and kissed her goodbye and Usagi swore that she would make it to the train station on time to see Makoto off.

“I promise to wake up at 5 o’clock in the morning so I can make sure not to miss you, okay?” she said. Makoto then nodded and smiled as she walked everyone down to their cars. Haruka was the last to leave and stood there for a while thinking.

“Are you gonna be there Monday?” asked Makoto.

Haruka grinned. “If I was there then that would mean I support the move.”

Makoto lowered her head and smiled.

“But being as you’re going to move whether I approve or not, I guess I have no choice.” Haruka then smiled and put her hand out and Makoto took it. “I’ll see you Monday, but remember if you want to change your mind it’s okay. You don’t have to go.” Makoto smiled at Haruka and was surprised to see how much she cared, it was almost as if Haruka was Makoto’s older sister or something.

“I know,” said Makoto. “But I want to.”

With that said, Haruka nodded in understanding and left. All in all, it was a good day and there weren’t too many hard feelings about Makoto moving which was a relief. Sunday passed by quickly and before Makoto knew it, it was already Monday.

“It’s finally time.” said Makoto as she closed her apartment door for the last time and walked to her car. When she got to the train station everyone was standing there holding a huge banner with big bold letters that read “We’ll miss you Makoto! Don’t be a stranger! And don’t talk to any either!” She laughed as she read it and appreciated their humor.

“I’ll really miss you guys,” she said as she hugged each of them.

“We’ll miss you too,” Mako-chan said Hotaru.

Makoto then got on the train and waved at them until she couldn’t see them anymore. She then sat down and opened the gift that they had given her and smiled. It was a picture of all of them together in high school. They were in regular clothes and had ice cream. There was Usagi and Rei standing next to each other with their arms over each others shoulders and for once they weren’t fighting with each other. Then there was Ami who had a book in one hand and an ice cream cone in the other standing next to Michiru who was laughing at the little Hotaru who had gotten some of her ice cream on her face. Then there was Minako standing next to Setsuna with a peace sign as she was licking her ice cream and Setsuna stood there winking with her head slightly tilted to the side. Then finally there was Haruka who had her arm around Makoto’s shoulders and was leaning her head on Makoto’s with her ice cream in hand winking and Makoto had the same pose too. Good times…

She put the picture away safely in her bag and noticed something fall from her bag. She picked it up and slowly opened the letter. It was from Haruka. It turned out Haruka had personally picked out the picture for her and wrapped it herself. Which was a shocker because Haruka never had the patience to do something like that but for Makoto, she didn’t mind. As Makoto finished reading the letter she leaned back in her chair in deep thought. She was going to miss her friends, there was no doubt about it, but somehow she knew that she had to go. It was the right thing for her to do at the moment and no one could tell her otherwise.

“Finally, a new beginning,” she said as she drifted off to sleep.

Okey dokey that’s all for now, please review and I’ll try harder to update my other stuff. Tell me if you like it, hate it, whatever, just don’t forget to review please.

Bye!

P.S.

I don’t own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing.