Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Not Just an Ordinary Cook ❯ You Need to Get Out More ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Working hard as always.”

Makoto smiled and continued clearing off the counters of the kitchen. She moved swiftly wiping vigorously until the countertops sparkled.

“Nah, I’ve actually been slacking off lately,” she spoke.

“What, you failed to polish the trash this week?” asked the elderly lady sarcastically. “Honestly, you work yourself too hard, child. A break every now and then wouldn’t kill you.”

“Take a break?” questioned Makoto as she started washing. “What would I do then? Sit around with nothing? Sorry, but work seems much more interesting at the moment.”

“Kino, Kino, Kino. You fool yourself! A beautiful young lady like yourself has plenty to do outside of work. You need no friends to be able to go out, you can go and still have just as much fun. Be the daring youth that I know you are! Avert your energy into something more worth while.”

Makoto sighed. “This is worth while…”

“Oh, pish posh!” exclaimed the lady. “I’ve seen the way you look at the photographs of your friends. I’ve heard the tone of your voice whenever you speak of them. The look in your eyes shows that you’re just trying to convince yourself of a lie! This job was not all you’d hoped it to be! It is not at all worth the distance from your friends or the life that you’ve given up to be here.”

Makoto smiled. “You’re wrong,” she stated softly but with firmness.

“Am I?” asked the lady with a raised eyebrow.

Makoto nodded. “I’ve given up a life way before I ever decided to come here and at last I’ve gotten it back. It’s my life now, I’ve chosen it,” she said proudly. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited for the time that I could finally say that truthfully.”

“Strict guardians, huh?” replied the lady.

“I guess you could say that.”

“So…” said the lady looking at Makoto sideways, “You choose to work your life away?”

“Maybe,” teased Makoto with a wink.

The elderly lady shook her head lightly and chuckled a bit. “Dear, I’ll just be bluntly honest with you. There are plenty of wonderful, strong, educated-”

“Not again,” complained Makoto.

“Now, now, let me finish,” said the lady with a wave. “There are strong, educated, tall, handsome, cunning and romantic young men all around here. And the best part of it all is that they’re soldiers! You know they’ll be able to protect you! There are plenty of different kinds of them. You’ve got the nice shy ones, the rough edgy ones and so on. You’ve got your pick right in front of you and they’re all just waiting to meet a beautiful young lady like yourself!”

“Oh, Irma-”

“No, Makoto. You’ve got a lot to offer them. You’re pretty, tall, can cook, clean, you have beautiful eyes, loyalty, a sense of humor and you are a hard worker. They’d be lucky to get a girl like you on their side.” cried Irma as she flung her arms into the air.

“As enticing as it may sound,” started Makoto. “I’m not interested.”

“So you’ll waste your days in a kitchen cooking and cleaning for a rich young lady who has yet to even thank you or meet you face to face.” commented Irma somewhat bitterly.

“No,” replied Makoto. “I’ll spend my days doing a job that I love and work in a kitchen that has everything that I ever dreamed that I needed. You see Irma, it’s not men and fun that I want. I just want to live doing things I want to do with my own choices. I’ve been down the road where you’re always looking for a boyfriend and dating to find ‘the one’ and I don’t want to look right now. Maybe in a few months, but not now when I’m still having the time of my life cooking in pretty much a palace!”

Irma nodded slowly and smiled. “Sometimes I think you’re just too mature for your own good, but I guess if that’s the way you see it then I’ll just leave you to live your life. If ever you decide to change your mind and have some fun young lady, you know where to find me.” with that she exited the kitchen.

Makoto stared at the empty space in front of her and sighed. It had been four months since she first got there and all she had been doing was cooking and cleaning. As soon as she reached the place they quickly directed her to her room of which was the most elegant and beautiful rooms she had ever seen and then moved her into the kitchen to make her first official meal for Relena Peacecraft herself. True, she had thought that she would meet Ms. Peacecraft face to face, but it never was so. She was a little disappointed but for some reason she was not able to hold it very long. Makoto sighed again.

Irma was right. She did need to get out more, but what would she do. She really wasn’t one of those people that could have a good time alone unless it involved being in the kitchen and cleaning. Frustrated, she sat at the counter and rested her chin on her hands. Since when was she so boring? Oh yeah, since she moved out here. It was just that the aura around the establishment itself was always so serious and reformed. Most of the workers were in their late 40s and she was one of the few teenagers so naturally she felt that she had to act more mature in order to fit in better. It really wasn’t that hard to do (probably because she barely saw the other workers) but still she did kind of feel as if her dream job was slowly turning into something that she hated.

She suddenly jumped excitedly out of her seat and rushed out of the kitchen. She changed into some sweats and a baggy t-shirt and headed out. There was a forest nearby and she figured she could go exploring and maybe find a place where she could train for a bit. Martial arts were always fun for her and it seemed to always put her in a good mood. There was something about physical challenges that naturally attracted here. Soon, she found herself at the edge of the forest. She could smell the unmistakable scent of trees and nature itself. For a moment she had to just stand there and let the smell soak into her senses. With a final intake of breath, she stepped in.

The light filtered in through the treetops and gave the forest a type of heavenly scenery. Finally, she came to a clearing of which was surrounded by trees with blossoming flowers.

“I think I’ll just skip the training…” she then let herself fall backwards and a soft thud was heard when she landed on the soft grass. She looked to the side and saw a red rose sitting flawlessly with small droplets on the velvety petals. “Perfect.” was the last thing she said as she fell asleep.

………………………& #8230;….

Short? Yeah yeah, I know, that’s why I put up two chapters! So go on and read then tell me what you think! h