Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Project Tempest ❯ The End of Fighting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prelude

“I guess this is where we say our adieus, huh,” said Rei.

“Well ladies, it’s been real fun working with ya,” said Mina with cheer. “Just think about it! We finally get a chance to be regular human beings with regular lives.”

“Mina has a point,” spoke Amy. “Now that this part of my life is coming to an end, I can finally continue to fulfill other dreams. I’m sure every one of us can.”

“You know,” said Usagi. “I am kind of excited to be finished with this. I mean after all the times that we’ve been close to dead or having to run all the time to go fight, or getting all the bad grades because I’m always on the run!”

Everyone laughed.

“You’d still have failing grades even if you weren’t a scout, meatball head!” cried Rei.

Usagi growled and the others laughed at the routine that had seemed necessary for every meeting. It was always Rei and Usagi going at each other over this and that and sometimes over nothing. Oh how the girls would miss this when they were gone.

“Makoto,” acknowledged Amy. “You haven’t said a word.”

“Yeah.” cried everyone in unison. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” said Makoto. “I’m fine.”

The girls looked at her with concern, then at each other. It was silent.

“I am going to miss all of this,” admitted Rei.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“Well we can still keep in touch with each other,” said Mina. “I’ll write to you guys everyday!”

“Mina you don’t even like to write.” said Usagi.

Mina sighed. “You’re right. The only thing you guys would probably get from me is a wedding invitation, and that doesn’t seem to be happening any time soon. *sigh* I’m really sorry guys but I really don’t want to keep doing this. Not to be cocky or anything but I’ve been doing this a lot longer than any of you have and to be honest, I’ve been looking forward to the day that I could just hang it up for good. I mean, yeah it’s been great saving people and protecting them but you can only do it for so long until your love for it disappears. I don’t think I could make it my life long commitment. I want to have a family with beautiful kids and a husband. I want to have a good job and friends without having to worry about the negaverse or some new enemy. If you think about it, it really isn’t that bad to just be able to give up the life of a Sailor Scout.”

“You’re right,” said Makoto. “I can finally work on becoming a better chef and maybe open my own restaurant someday.”

“Yeah!” cried everyone in encouragement. Makoto smiled.

“Well, is it decided then?” asked Luna.

“Yup!” said everyone without hesitation.

“Alright then,” said Artemis. “If you could please give us your transformation sticks.”

Each girl got in line and slowly handed their sticks to Luna and Artemis. First Amy, then Mina, Rei, Usagi, and finally Makoto. She looked long and hard at her transformation pen. This tiny little thing had changed her life completely and now it was going to be thrown away. Memories good and bad flooded her mind. Becoming friends with Usagi, almost dieing from different monsters, fighting without end, going to dark cold places, having the joy of knowing you saved somebody, and power.

“Makoto,” said Artemis.

“Sorry, Artemis.” said Makoto. “Here, take it.” Hesitantly she let her grip loosen.

“Well girls, I really am going to miss you all,” said Luna tears in her eyes. “Someday maybe we’ll meet again.”

“Luna what are you talking about?” asked Usagi. “You’re going to be with me aren’t you? I mean we can go visit the girls anytime, its not like good bye!”

“I’m sorry Usagi but in order for you guys to be able to just live regular lives we can’t be with you,” said Luna.

“But why?”

“Usagi, you don’t need a talking cat hanging around you all the time. You’ll be fine without me,” said Luna. “I wish there was another way but this is how it has to be done. Finally I can give something in return for all the things you have done for me. So don’t be sad girls, it is a gift from us that you all get to live regular lives. So take it and don’t regret it, okay?”

Everyone nodded.

“Well here goes nothing,” said Artemis. “Good bye girls.”

A blanket of light enveloped them and they were gone. They had all disappeared completely without a trace. And that was the end of the Sailor scouts. They had never been seen again.