Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Project Tempest ❯ Kidnapped ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1

It was another normal day for Makoto and the same boring routine. Get up, go to school, go to work, then go home take a shower and go to bed. Sometimes at school she would get into arguments with fellow students, but any other time she was really a robot just doing what she was programmed to do. She hadn’t had a boyfriend because she had not really looked, and honestly her boy crazy attitude had kind of faded. Though it seemed she was alone she still had one good friend and had her friend not been there then she would’ve never signed up for school.

“Good morning Makoto,” said Amy.

“Morning.”

“Did you sleep well?”

“I guess.” responded Makoto.

“Well we best get going or else we’ll be late,” said Amy.

Makoto yawned and grabbed her bagel from the table and headed out with Amy. In the parking lot there sat Makoto’s forest green jeep. They loaded up and Makoto blasted the radio the second she turned the key in the ignition.

“Makoto would you please turn it down?” asked Amy.

“Oh come on Amy this how I wake up in the mornings, you know that.” said Makoto.

“Yes, I know; but I have a very important project that I have to finish and I can’t concentrate with this music. Please Makoto just for today.” said Amy.

“Fine.” Makoto turned down the radio and continued in silence.

“So,” said Makoto. “What’s the project for?”

Amy hesitated. “Well, it’s kind of not at my discretion to tell.”

“Come on Amy! I’m your best friend. Who would I tell anyways? You’re the only friend I’ve got.”

Amy sighed. “I have found a way to pay my tuition to get into the best school for students that want to become doctors.”

“Really!” cried Makoto. “That’s great! Congratulations.”

“Thanks.”

“So how are getting the money?” asked Makoto.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” said Amy.

“Try me.”

“I’ve been recruited by some ‘special people’ that specialize in weaponry and artillery and they’d like me to help them modify a special weapon for some type of mobile suit. If I’m successful then they will pay my tuition, buy me any house that I want, and even pay for me to start my own business as a doctor.”

“Are you kidding me?” said Makoto in disbelief. “I didn’t even know you knew about weaponry and stuff.”

“Well I must admit I did used to have a small interest in that subject but I am a bit hesitant to accept this offer,” said Amy.

“Well if you don’t know if you want to do it or not then why are you working on it?”

“I want to be prepared,” replied Amy. “But should I do this I mean this weapon could do a lot of damage, Makoto. I don’t want to modify this thing and find out that they were terrorists that wanted to destroy the world and enslave people. It would be hypocritical to my wanting to be a doctor.”

“Hmm,” said Makoto. “Who do they work for?”

“I don’t know, they didn’t tell me.”

“When are you going to be giving your answer?” asked Makoto.

“Some time today they are going to pull me out of class to a meeting and discuss with me the plans and such.”

“I see.” said Makoto. “Well I honestly think you should do what you think is right.”

Amy sighed. “I don’t think I should do it. I really don’t trust those men.”

“Then don’t do it!” cried Makoto. “If you have doubts Amy then don’t do it. Besides there are other ways to find money to pay your tuition. You know I’d work overtime to help you pay for it.”

“I know, but I don’t want you to make all that sacrifice for Me.” said Amy.

They pulled up to the school.

“Amy I’m your best friend! I’m supposed to help you out.”

Amy laughed. “Thank you Makoto.”

“No problem. Now all you have to do is tell those guys that you don’t want to have a part in it, and if you need me to come with you I will. All you have to do is call.”

“Okay.” said Amy.

With a wave the two parted and went their separate ways. Amy walked happily to her class and Makoto slowly made her way through the halls. There was a feeling of discomfort that came through her as she continued walking. There was an ache in her stomach and she just didn’t feel right. In her class the feeling would not leave her. It kept jerking at her head and she couldn’t do anything about it.

‘What’s wrong with me?’ she thought; but the answer didn’t come. One hour passed by, then two, then three, and before she knew it she was going out to lunch. Then it got weird.

Usually on school days Makoto would go meet Amy in the hall then they’d both go get something to eat, but Amy hadn’t come down the hall. So Makoto went to Amy’s class and asked the teacher where she was and he had told her that Amy had called in sick today.

“Sick?” said Makoto. “I gave her a ride to school this morning and she didn’t look sick.”

“Well apparently she got sick and went home.” said Professor Barrel impatiently. “Now if you’d excuse me, I’d like to get my lunch.”

Confused Makoto had walked around the school going to each of Amy’s classes and asked the teachers about her and received the same answer from them as she did the first professor. Afterwards she continued her search in the library, the cafeteria and any other place she could think of, but Amy wasn’t there. She had even tried Amy’s cell phone and got no answer.

‘Amy where are you?’ was the thought that kept coming through Makoto’s mind.

She kept retracing her steps as if she had missed Amy by accident. As she walked and walked she had noticed professor Barrel under a tree talking on his phone. He was pacing back and forth and everyone knew that whenever he began to pace it meant that he was nervous or very frustrated.

“What?!?” he said through grit teeth. “Why? What-” he stopped. “What are you talking about?” sweat formed on his forehead. “Someone’s going to find out. You need to hurry and get it.” he wiped his sweat. “No! I won’t. It’s not the same.” Makoto kept listening. “It’s not like she has no friends, you imbecile. You can’t keep her and expect no one to go looking for her.” he clenched his fist tight and paced more rapidly. “No, I can’t. Hello? Hello?” they hung up. “Hello!” he began to grumble. “Idiot, who does he think he is?” Professor Barrel stuffed his phone into his bag and went his way.

“Professor Barrel!” called Makoto.

Annoyed, Professor Barrel turned. “Yes?”

“Amy, are you sure she called in sick?”

“Of course I’m sure she called in sick.” he remarked with disgust. “Do you think I would lie? Besides it’s not my job to keep track of the whereabouts of every student in all of my classes. So I suggest that you and Amy go get some responsibility and stop being so dependant.” with that said he walked off and Makoto stood there. She wasn’t hurt by his words but she wasn’t happy either. She just didn’t buy anything that he said; she didn’t trust him at all.

~~

It was dark in her house. No one had been there since the last time she had come home, not even Amy. Makoto had called the police and told them of Amy’s disappearance but they insisted that she was fine and that Makoto herself was just a paranoid friend. Amy was probably at a party or something and forgot to tell Makoto that’s all. I mean she probably decided to ditch school for the first time ever and forgot to call Makoto that’s it. It’s nothing to worry about.

Makoto flopped onto her bed and let herself drift off into blissful sleep.

“What are you talking about?”

“She won’t cooperate so we’ll have to keep her here a while longer.”

“Someone’s going to find out, you need to hurry and get it.”

“Be patient and make sure no one suspects anything.”

“No! I won’t. It’s not the same. It’s not like she has no friends, you imbecile. You can’t keep her and expect no one to go looking for her.”

“Well I have information saying she only has one friend. So kill her and no one will be left to look for her.”

“No, I can’t.”

He hung up the phone.

“You called me sir?”

“I want you and three of your best to go take care of an itch that I have.”

“Yes sir.”

Makoto woke up in the middle of the night. She went to peek into Amy’s room and saw her asleep in her bed. Makoto sighed in relief. She went into the kitchen grabbed the tub of ice cream and ate away. Why would Amy scare Makoto like this? Why would she just leave without telling her? What was Amy thinking when she left?

‘Amy’s crazy.’ thought Makoto. She finally had her fill of ice cream and put it away. Now she was freezing and longed to go under her warm covers and snuggle in her soft mattress. She turned out the lights and walked in the dark. She knew every inch of that house like the back of her hand. She didn’t need to turn on a light to see or put her hands out and feel for the walls, she was capable of walking on her own without any help. After all this was her house and she had lived there for a fairly long time.

She shuffled across the hall and into her bedroom. It was cold so she turned off the fan and she finally hit the warmth of her bed. The breeze came in softly and chilled her face. She shivered and tightened her grip on her covers. She heard the peaceful ruffling of her curtains in the wind and it soothed her ears. Once again a breeze crept into her room and she liked it. Sleep was coming and the breeze was cool. The moonlight lit her room and the gentle breeze came in again. The breeze…softly whistling…cooling…blowing…gentle…and lulled her in silence. Rest was well welcomed now with the moonlit room, swaying curtains, and the breeze……….the cool gentle breeze.

Makoto jolted up from her bed and cocked her head at the window. ‘I didn’t open that.’ Suddenly something from the corner of her eye jumped at her and she leapt out of the bed. It managed to graze its sword on Makoto’s arm and at this Makoto became nervous.

“Who are you? And what do you want?” she asked.

The figure didn’t answer. He slowly stood up straight on the bed with his head down. With a disturbing crack he rolled his head back and forth and finally let his gaze rest on Makoto. Makoto just stood there. ‘Run you fool!’ thought Makoto to herself, but it was useless. Her legs were planted to the floor and her eyes glued on his sword. His arms slowly came together and got a comfortable grip on his weapon. Makoto’s heart skipped a beat.

1, 2, 3 she counted in her head and he leapt. Just in time Makoto stepped away from the blade but he still kept coming at her. She dodged and dodged and every second she became more desperate and short for air. Swing after swing of his blade, it just wouldn’t stop! Makoto frantically grabbed for something and threw everything she got hold of but it deemed useless. Finally she got to her lamp, threw it as hard as she could and bolted out of the room. She busted into Amy’s room and no one was there.

Hastily she threw off the covers from Amy’s bed and called out Amy’s name but she wasn’t there. Instead the man from before came charging and knocked Makoto down in a corner. Now she had a deep gash in her side and was loosing consciousness.

“Amy.” whispered Makoto.

The figure stood in front of her. He lifted his sword in the air and Makoto watched it and it all seemed to be happening in slow motion. She closed her eyes.

‘Amy.’ she thought. ‘Amy’s dead. I let them get her. It’s all my fault. I should have been quicker.’

The sword was coming down.

‘I failed.’ thought Makoto. ‘I failed. I’m so sorry. I failed. I’m sorry Princess Serenity.’ Makoto’s eyes shot open. A new spirit had awoken. With all her might she pushed the sword to the side and made him stumble, quickly she did a sweep kick causing him to fall. Now she was back on her feet and in a fighting stance. He came at her sword and all. She dodged it with ease and gave him a run for his money.

Jab, punch, block, jab, punch, block. Crash, hit, kick, crash, hit, kick. Everything was a blur. Who this girl was, nobody knew. She didn’t even know. Nevertheless she was in control and him, he was running low. With a kick and a knee to the stomach she got his sword and turned it against him. He stopped.

“Where’s Amy?” she asked.

He wouldn’t speak.

“Answer me!” she yelled.

Still no answer.

Makoto growled. Right when she was about to end it a dagger came flying. She deflected it with the sword and was soon put into a fight with two instead of just one. The new soldier had brought two swords, one in which he gave to his comrade and the other for himself. There were clinks and grunts everywhere. No one showed signs of fatigue and the crashes never stopped. Makoto was everywhere. Whenever she had the chance she would jump away from them to get a breather and they would follow. Blow after blow after blow and there was still no victor.

Makoto was going strong and the other two were doing the same. They were at a stand still but neither side wanted to admit it. Makoto would attack harder then they would, then Makoto and then it was them, back and forth without end. Then Makoto got a plan. They were in the kitchen now and without the recognition of the other two she turned on the gas. ‘This is a pretty risky plan Makoto.’ she thought. ‘Hope it works.’

The stench got stronger and the other two remained oblivious to it. They were too tied up in the fight and completing their mission. Finally Makoto was ready. She let one of them knock the sword from her hand and she purposely dropped to the ground. She grabbed daggers that were used for decoration on her table and threw them at the two and as she suspected they deflected it. She was up against the entrance door and the gas was intoxicating. They stood a pretty good distance away and she hung her head low. They continued to inch and finally she got up and pulled a match from her pocket.

“I’ll miss you honey.” she said to her house.

The other men froze. For once their eyes seemed more humane as panic came rushing to them. Makoto could tell that they could now smell the gas and they dropped their weapons in defeat. She frowned.

“I just want my friend.”

They stared at her. She opened the door and was a little dizzy from the injuries and inhalation of all that gas.

“Where is my friend?” she asked. Her voice was soft. “If you tell me I won’t kill you.”

They were motionless. Makoto looked at them.

“Why won’t you tell me?”

Still they stood motionless. She stood there with a grim look and for a while was unsure of what to do.

“I don’t want to kill you.” she whispered.

Makoto sighed and then nodded and grabbed something else from her pocket that they couldn’t see. It was one of Amy’s little guns that were supposed to inject people with a substance that would knock them out or numb them so she could undergo surgery on them. ‘If I’m lucky this’ll have sleeping potion.’ thought Makoto. She raised it up and shot twice hitting her targets. They fell and slowly gave into sleep. ‘I guess I’m lucky after all.’

“You can inject up to three of these into them.” explained Amy. “If you do more than that you might kill them.”

In remembrance of Amy’s words Makoto gave each of the men two shots for insurance. Then she went and turned off the gas and opened all the windows with the air conditioning full blast and all the fans on. She sank to the floor with her back against the wall.

“I would never burn you down honey. You know me better than that.” she said a little delusional.

Makoto laughed. ‘What would happen in the morning if I was to fall asleep right now? Would any of the neighbors see the mess through the windows? Would they smell the excess gas? Are the assassins going to wake up before me and finish me off? Will anyone notice this calamity?’ she scoffed. ‘My living room furniture is completely destroyed, the walls have blood all over them, I probably look like a bloody corpse and there’s two bodies on the floor of my entrance way. What a surprise that would be for any visitor. What person wouldn’t notice, you idiot? You wrecked your house and the land lord won’t be happy. I doubt he’ll believe the story of assassins coming to attack you.’ Makoto laughed again. ‘But still, that was pretty fun.’ she thought. ‘I feel a lot better now.’

She then drifted off to sleep and a name lingered in her mind…….Amy.

~~

“Professor Barrel from the State University died last night from a heart attack and it is a tragic loss for everyone here in-” the TV was turned off.

“So you got one job done. How was the other?”

“I don’t know sir. The men I sent to finish it didn’t report back to me so I sent more men over to check it out.”

“And?”

“The house was empty. It looked like no one had been there.”

“What do you mean?”

“The house was cleared out. Nothing was in there. She just moved out.”

The man growled. “Who did you send?”

The soldier told the names and his boss’s reaction was most unfavorable.

“Yeah can I get a large chocolate shake and some french fries please.” said Makoto.

“Yes. Will that be all, ma’am?” said the voice from the speaker.

“Yup.”

“Alright, it’ll be $2.46 at the first window.”

Makoto pulled up her jeep to the first window, gave them the money then went to the second window to pick up her stuff.

“Thank you, and have a nice day.” said the worker.

Makoto drove off with her shake in hand and was a pretty happy girl right now. She was a free spirit. She had cleaned out everything from her house just hours ago and dropped off the two guys at the front of the hospital and claimed that they were her brothers and got drunk and a little carried away. For the most part, they weren’t too badly beat up except for one who had a deep cut that was identical to Makoto’s which was on her side; but Makoto knew the doctors would be able to take care of it. Now all she had to do was find Amy; but where would she start? She had just heard that professor Barrel had died and he was the one she was headed towards first.

Now there was no lead and she knew she had to keep sharp because she was still alive and the guy that sent the two assassins was probably looking for her. Nonetheless Makoto felt safe and had a new kind of confidence. It amazed her how well she fought last night and how quick her reaction time was. Where it came from she didn’t know. She could only remember sitting in the corner with the assassin standing with his sword in the air. She was sulking and waiting for it to come down when all of a sudden something sparked inside of her. It was a mix of disgust, anger and joy. Disgust for being so vulnerable, anger for what he had done and for not knowing where her friend was, and joy for finally waking up from a horrible nightmare that she had been living. It was waiting to be let loose and now Makoto felt incredible. She couldn’t help but smile. Even the pain and fatigue from her little brawl didn’t upset her.

There was peace and potential. It was the best she had felt in a long time. She knew now that she had to just get better, stronger and stay ahead of her enemies and not become too big headed. If she did that she should be okay.

~~

“Good morning everyone.” said Quatre cheerily.

“Morning.” grumbled Duo. Wu Fei stayed silent

“Did Heero and Trowa get back yet?” asked Quatre.

The two boys nodded.

“They’re in the training room,” said Duo. “Heero’s not in a good mood and Trowa is kind of spacey. It looked like there was something bothering him.”

“Did they say anything?” asked Quatre.

“Nope, they just headed straight to the training room. I don’t think they want to be bothered.”

Quatre nodded then sat down and ate breakfast.

Heero was sparring with Trowa both with swords in hand. Heero hated using them and preferred a gun but a recent loss had provoked him to train hard with this particular weapon than with any other. There was a constant beeping coming from his laptop but he ignored it. All he saw was Trowa and the swords clashing. Trowa on the other hand could only envision the girl standing in the door way with her head low. She had won but she looked as miserable as ever.

“I just want my friend. Why won’t you tell me where she is?”

When she said that he remembered the time when he had her cornered and was about to kill her. She looked pitiful and he felt no shame for ending her life, then suddenly she woke up. She blocked his sword and started a real struggle. She was fighting back, not for herself but for her friend. She had gotten back up and fought to find her friend. She went from pitiful to strong and kept getting better and better. He was impressed. Her devotion and selflessness was that powerful, and because of her determination she won the fight. She never gave up after being cornered, and when Heero came into view she worked even harder to get in control and she succeeded. You don’t find many loyal friends like that anymore or at least he didn’t. She really left a mark on him, not a physical mark but one that would stay in his mind.

“I don’t want to kill you.” she whispered.

We had been sent to kill her and showed that we were going to carry out the mission but she still didn’t gain that mentality that it was essential to kill us to keep herself safe. She had the chance to finish us but she didn’t. She could of lit the match and killed them with out having to touch them, but she didn’t.

“I just want my friend.” she said.

“I don’t want to kill you.” she whispered.

‘I should have told her’ thought Trowa. ‘She deserved to know that much.’ Every time he thought about it he began to regret it even more. He should have told her, but instead he stayed quiet. He played as her enemy. He was a traitor. The mission was to go in and get information about the enemy’s plan, but instead he went and carried out orders given by the enemy and was about to kill her. He realized that him staying quiet and not telling her of the whereabouts of her friend was a confirmation that he was loyal to his enemy and that made him sick. Trowa had gotten the information he needed, he didn‘t have to try to kill Lita for the enemy. He could’ve went and helped her instead, but he didn’t. Instead he went to kill her. Another mission to kill, it was no big deal.

“I don’t want to kill you.” she whispered.

She even took them to the hospital after they had threatened her life. Either she honestly wanted them to be okay or she didn’t want to be accused of being a murderer. Or it was that she was a fool and didn’t know what to do. Either way she still left a mark on Trowa and he doubted that he’d ever be able to forget it.

“Heero! Get on the laptop! Dr J is calling!” yelled Duo.

Heero and Trowa stopped. Heero quickly opened his laptop and sure enough there was Dr J on the screen.

“What do you have?” asked Dr J.

“They captured a student by the name of Mizuno, Amy and intend to use her knowledge to create a weapon stronger than any that has ever been created.” replied Heero in monotone voice.

“What makes them think this girl’s knowledge is better than any other scientist?” asked Dr J.

“She doesn’t think like them. She has different ideas and different ways of coming to a conclusion. If you talked to her about this field then you’d understand what I mean.”

“Do you know what the project is called?” asked Dr J.

“Project156-JWA or Project Tempest.” he answered.

“Project Tempest.……..it sounds familiar. When and if I get any other information I’ll let you know.”

Heero nodded.

“Oh yes and Yuy. You and Barton have been uprooted so don’t return to the enemy’s base.”

Again Heero nodded and Dr J was gone.

“Will we do nothing about Amy?” asked Trowa.

“Amy’s not our problem,” said Heero coldly. “It was her fault she got captured.”

“What about Lita?” asked Trowa.

Heero froze in his spot he stood there not knowing what to say and growled.

“We could try helping her.” said Trowa.

“What use would it be to add more unnecessary weight to our faction?” with that said Heero walked off.

Trowa gave a slight grin. He knew Lita was good and he knew that Heero knew that too, but Heero was too stubborn to admit it. She beat them bad and it was embarrassing.

~~

Makoto sat pondering in the hotel room she had just purchased. ‘Where could Amy be?’ she thought. The TV was on and really there was nothing good to watch but Makoto had nothing better to do. She slouched in her chair and watched the news.

Relena Peacecraft has just recently implemented a class to train pilots and soldiers that are willing to fight for her and protect the Sanq Kingdom as well as the rest of the world. They will be trained in hand to hand combat, gunmanship, and piloting mobile suits-”

Makoto jumped. “Mobile suits!” she yelled. “Amy was hired to make a weapon for mobile suits! I can’t believe I’m so stupid!” cried Makoto as she hit herself in the head. She went on the computer provided by the hotel and looked up information on mobile suits. Then she looked up Relena Peacecraft and read anything she could find on her and printed out an application for the school. She then went and looked for other schools that were affiliated with mobile suits and found that Peacecraft was the only one that had anything to do with them.

‘Amy’s got to be there.’ she thought. Finally she had somewhere to go and now it was all a matter of making it into the school.