Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irony ❯ The Super Heroine Fox Girl Wonder ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Irony



          Chapter Two

         The Super Heroine Fox Girl Wonder

Kitsune?

Kitsune?!

He just called me a fox demon! But I am not an oni, I am a normal girl...or at least as normal as a girl can be when she has to save the world ever other day.

But a quick glance over my new body or rather my old body with just new stuff, and realized that it kind of made sense.

This is impossible. I can't be an oni; I am a girl, a human girl. I destroy monsters and demons for crying out loud so I can't be a kitsune. A demon that kills demon...hmm not unheard of but still wrong. I wonder, if the other girls could see me would they assume that I was evil and try to destroy me? Maybe. Ugh must stop internal rambling, that guy doesn't look very happy.

"I um.I am sorry if I have intruded. I honestly didn't mean to." Sorry for what? For waking up in your forest? As if I could have helped that!

He snorted, "Never mind, I have something more important to do than to waste my time with you. But if I find you in my forest again don't expect me to go easy on you."

This ticked me off. A low growl rumbled in my throat. Who was he to talk to me like that, its' not my fault that I was in "his" forest, I just woke up here!

But before I could tell him this he jumped in the air and literally flew ahead of me. Oh no you don't, your not getting away from me that easily. I really don't know what came over me but it just irked me that he would just acted like I had invaded HIS freakin forest just for the heck of it! Still not taking notice that I more than likely breaking the world record for human sprinting I followed him, making impossible dodges around and sometimes even climbing up trees using newly formed claws. Standing unfazed on top of a tree I looked ahead to see that stupid human.oni whatever he was jump from treetop to treetop. I gritted my teeth, how dare he, without giving it a second thought I leaped to the next tree, the next one, another one until I could see that I was easily catching up with him.

With a sneer I raced after the form in front of me, poor sap didn't know what was coming. He turned around at the moment that I leaped in the air, claws pulled back to slice at him.

Clash.

I blinked, his claws had countered my attack hence the sound of metal clashing. For a moment all I could do was stare at my right hand and the claws that were trapped in between his claws. What have I done.correction what was I about to do?

This isn't like me. I just don't go off and attack someone. Slowly I lowered my guard, big mistake.

"You are one stubborn bitch! I told you to get out of my forest." He snarled, as soon as I lowered my clawed hand he tried to swipe at me. I stumbled backwards, nearly losing my balance, if that had happen there would be nowhere to go but down. I could only spare one fearful glance down at the ground below before I had to leap out of the way of an attack. I have to get out of here before he cuts me to ribbons.

"Get back here you." the oni-human growled but his voice faded in the distance as I used my enhanced speed to put as much distance between us as possible. I leaped down from the trees, landing on a vast meadow that dips down into a steep valley where a small village is cradled in. This is so bizarre, the houses, actually they look more like huts, and people where wandering around wearing worn out clothing that looked like they were made out of burlap or some other type of corse fabric; some were out in rice patty fields, others were tending to vegetable gardens. Where ever I had ended up in this certainly was not downtown Tokyo.

But I had more to worry about than where I was.

"There you are!" the oni snarled from behind me. I turned sharply on my heel just a split second before his claws could slash themselves across my face, he did manage to cut some stray strands of my bangs though. If I wasn't so scared I would be mad, I have always wanted long hair and he just had to go and attempts to butcher it.

Racing off to who knows where I tried to find some place I could hide but instead of finding refuge I found the reason for my flight from the riverbed. The centipede monster was still chasing the girl in the school uniform; at first I thought "Hmm now there is something you don't see everyday.yeah right,"

Literally jumping into action I ran to the exposed back of the monster. Since I had recently discovered that I had retractable claws I decided to put them to good use.

Rippppppp. My claws easily cut through the fleshy back of the monster like weak paper. The demon howled in pain as my claws dug into it again. For some reason I was falling in love with that sound of its' screams. The copper tang of blood assaulted my nose but instead of being disgusted by the scent I was enjoying it. More.

Another swipe of my claws and I could easily see the frightened girl through the enormous hole in the monster's gut. With a final swipe I pushed what little remained of the centipede away leaving the girl freed from the monster but leaving her without protection from me. I smirked. But the grin was promptly whipped off my face when I felt a sharp pain blossom in my back. Turning my head I saw the oni that had been chasing me, I looked to see that he had embedded his own set of claws into my back.

That son of a.

With a snarl I spun around, my bloodstained claws. He jumped out of the way, dragging his claws out in the process. I hissed in pain, my eyes watering.

Ignoring the fact that the centipede demon was steadily piecing itself back together I lunged at the other demon. How dare he splatter blood on my hair! Fangs bared I circled around him just itching to tear my claws at his face maybe I'll give him marks like the ones on my face only deeper and etched in blood.

The girl screams again as the centipede demon pulls itself together and resumes chasing her. I notice her for only a moment but she can run around for a few more minutes while I deal with this bastard. We stare each other down, waiting for the other to strike first; he losses. Breaking into a sprint he lifted his right-clawed hand yelling "Soul Shattering Claws!" Man, now I know how lame the other senshi and I sound when we yell our attacks. I roll away to the left just missing the claws by an inch.

Poor girl is still running and screaming, damn doesn't she ever shut up! Yes honey we know that you are in mortal danger but in case you haven't noticed my pride is on the line, much more important than your.pathetic life.

What the hell?

Suddenly I pause. I glanced down at my hands covered in blood, the scent reached my nose, this time I feel sick. I am a senshi, I save people, I just got killed for someone else damnit! What is going on?

Abandoning my opponent I follow the monster and the girl. How can I destroy this thing? I already tried gutting it like a maniac and I really don't want have to do that again. And without my powers I am practically useless. Oh and lets' not forget.

"You stupid fox, you should know better than to turn your back on a opponent!" the demon growled as he dove at me.

I backed away only to find myself a few feet away from the centipede demon that had cornered the girl. I had one of two choices, I could turn around and try to kill the centipede demon risking my life since the oni-human is still intent on ripping me to shreds or I could kill the demon in front of me. But if I don't at least try to help the girl the demon will more than likely kill her. I clench my jaw so tightly that I think a few of my teeth chip. I can't just stand here and save my own hide, this is what three years as a super heroine does to you.

Spinning on my heel I plunge my claws into the centipede demon. It turns away from the girl only to get a face full of claws. It shrilly howled and retreated back, blood pouring from its' eye sockets. While it was trashing in pain I saw something drop from its' mouth. It was a bright pink jewel.

Ohhhh pretty shiny thing..mine!

I jumped to my feet to grab the pretty jewel but just as my fingers curled around it a foot crushed my hand into the ground. Following the foot, to a pair of red pants, red shirt, and a heated glare. He ground his foot into my hand causing me to wince.

"That jewel is mine!" he snarled between closed teeth.

"Who says!" I replied, tightening my grip on the jewel. "I found it so its' mine!"

"Like hell it is you stupid fox!" the oni-human growled.

"You are both wrong, the jewel is rightfully mine," came a third voice. We both turned out heads to see the centipede lady, blood was still pouring from her eyes but she was whole and ready for round three.

She slithered up to us, her body looming above us in a threatening gesture, her shadow falling solely across the other oni.

"I've heard of a half demon seeking the Shikon no Tama. could he be you? The Inuyasha of Inuyasha forest?"

I scowled then glanced up at the demon, yep he seemed to be the arrogant type to name an entire forest after himself, besides he earlier demanded why I was in "his" forest.

The demon above me smirked, "Maybe, what does it matter to you wretch?"

The centipede grinned, her jaw peeling back to reveal sharp and stained teeth, not a very pretty sight. She chuckled softly, "If you are Inuyasha than you must realize that you are no match against a full blooded demon."

He snorted, "You maybe a full blooded demon but you are as weak as they come. I am going to squash you like the bug you are!"

"Oh really?" the centipede woman replied, softly chuckling to herself. "You are a fool Inuyasha, it is a wonder that you have remained alive all this time. But of course I do recall that you were sealed by the miko Kikyo for fifty years so that might contribute to your survival."

The demon growled in the back of his throat, apparently the centipede had struck a nerve. He cracked his knuckles before leaping off my hand and diving for the centipede. Leaving me alone with the jewel. The centipede was right, he is very stupid. With a grin I arose to my feet, all I have to do is take off with the jewel and no one would be the wiser. I turned to run away but an arrow suddenly distracted me. I wrenched my head to look back where it came from. A very old woman dressed in the garb of a miko stood on the hill behind me, surrounding her very some very scared looking men from the village. In here hands was a stable but old looking bow, a quiver of arrows strapped to her across her back.

She reached back to place another arrow on the bow, "Stay right where you are demon."

I curled my lips showing my teeth, this lady must be senile or something. Uh lady the demons are fighting behind me, I am not a demon I am just a girl, who happens to have weird looking ears and a tail. While I glared at the old lady the centipede demon managed to escape the demon now called Inuyasha. Before I could turn around to defend myself the centipede opened her wide jaw and clamped down on my hand. I screamed in pain, the monster's teeth raked across my skin dragging the jewel out of my palm. The monster tilted her head back and swallowed the jewel. Gasps resounded as the demon began to glow a bright pink. It grinned like a manic, "At last, my full power has returned to me at last."

The demon visibly grew in size and expanded into a larger demon, its' face contorted into a disgusting appearance and its' fangs grew so large that they almost fell out of its' mouth. It didn't take a genius to figure out that this was not good.

"Sankon Tetsusou!" Inuyasha bellowed as his claws ripped through the demon. Body parts and blood flew everywhere only to descend back to the ground.

I shuttered, he tore that thing to pieces, and all I could do was tear through it. Behind me the girl whispered in awe, "This guy.is very strong." I silently nodded in agreement.

"You girl, do you see that glowing piece of flesh?" the old woman with the bow and arrows asked.

The girl trembled, ".Hai, I see it."

"Take the jewel from that flesh before the demon can revive itself again," the old woman said.

The girl stared at the lump of flesh and gulped her hand dug into the flesh and extracted the pretty glowing pink ball. The girl allowed the ball to rest in the palm of her hand while the old lady approached the both of us.

"The Shikon No Tama has the power to make youkai stronger, we were lucky that the centipede demon was destroyed before the jewel could grant it full power," the old woman stated calmly.

"Yeah, you guys were lucky old woman." Inuyasha replied with a smug expression. "But your luck will run out if you don't hand that jewel over to me."

"And if we don't?" I asked.

He grinned, flexing his claws still drenched in black blood, "Then you leave me with no choice but to wrench it from your dead bodies."

Notes: Yes, I know that Ami is kind of out of character but there is a reason behind it. Thanks for reading!