Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This is Me ❯ Chapter one “The New Girl in Town” ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter one “The New Girl in Town”
 
~~Someone's POV~~
 
I sat on the plane listening to a song from the Hairspray CD in my Ipod called `The New Girl in Town'. It fit today. I was going to be the new girl in town and that town is Tokyo, Japan. The reason why an American family is moving to Japan? No clue aside from the fact that my dad's job is sending him there to tend to their Japanese branch of the business and they are also letting us use their private airline to transport our whole family to Japan. By the way my name is Jenna Summers, 17, with brown hair that reaches the top of my shoulders and blue eyes. My family consists of me, my mom, Ley, and dad, Bryce, my younger sister Victoria (5), 2 aunts, an uncle Cyric, two cousins Devin (5) and Nessa (10), 3 dogs Conall, Savanna, and Betony, a cat, Jesebel, a rabbit, Cardea, a bird, Lemondrop, fishes, and some hermit crabs. I wore my favorite red t-shirt and jeans along with my favorite pair of white sneakers. As the song continues to play I glance out the window I sat next to at the clouds passing us by. I soon found myself falling into a light doze and then I found myself in a strange place. It looked like it use to be a palace made out of marble. I began to walk around to try to figure out where I was. “What's going on here and where am I?” I asked still gazing around confused until I arrived in what appeared to be a throne room.
 
“Don't be afraid,” a female voice said and I turned to see a tall woman standing off to the side of the room. She had white hair held up in what appeared to odongs. Sometimes watching animes helps when you move to Japan.
 
“Who are you?” I demanded. I was scared, but I would never show it. I'm a tomboy after all so I'm not suppose to show any fear or so we're all told.
 
"My name is Queen Serenity," the woman answered.
 
"Q-queen Serenity?" I stammered. For some odd reason that name sounded familiar to me.
 
"Yes. Soon you will be need to help protect my daughter," she said.
 
"Huh? What are you talking about?" I asked her then she began to fade away like she was a ghost. "Wait!!" I awoke from my dream to see Victoria looking at me strangely. I just glared back and turned back to look out the window. Soon we landed in Tokyo National Airport.
 
“What's the house like?” my cousin Nessa asked. She had black hair and green eyes.
 
“Nice and big plus your new schools are not that far away,” my dad, Bryce, said to her. I just rolled my eyes. A new school meant new eyes watching every move I made and criticism for each step made.
 
It was strange as I stood before my new class just about a week later after we had arrived and started unpacking. For some odd reason I felt my gaze being drawn towards a group of girls in the class. They were five in all sitting together. Two had blonde hair, one had blue, another brown, and the last was black. One of the blondes had odongs in her hair. To be honest she looked just like Queen Serenity yet not the same hair color. I shook my head and made my way back to the only seat that was left open in the class next to a boy with long black hair wearing the boy's school uniform. I couldn't tell what his eye color was because he had his eyes closed like he was sleeping. The teacher started with today's lesson yet I was the only one without a book. I could ask, but I knew no one would share with the new kid until they got use to me so I just began to write as much as I could catch into my notebook. Just then a book was pushed onto my desk by a hand. I followed the hand to see that it lead to the boy who had his eyes closed before now had his eyes opened and was looking at me. I shoved the book back towards him. “I'll do without it for now,” I murmured to him. The guy snorted and took his book back, but through out the rest of the day I felt his eyes on me. At lunch I took my lunch and sat outside to eat it.
 
I just started eating when I noticed someone coming towards me. It was the boy who sat next to me. “Mind if I join?” he asked me.
 
I shrugged. “Knock yourself out,” I answered. He sat down next to me with his lunch and we began to eat in silence. “I'm Jenna Summers,” I said to him without looking at him.
 
“Masaru Takashi,” he answered back. I nodded and we kept on eating.
 
“Hi!” I heard a hyper voice say. I glanced up to see the five girls I had spotted before from my class standing before me.
 
“What do you want?” I asked them with a glare.
 
“Eh…I'm Serena Tsukino,” the one with odongs said then pointed to the other girls around her, “These are my friends Amy Mizuno, Raye Hino, Lita Kino, and Mina Aino.”
 
“Can we sit with you and Masaru?” the other blonde, Mina, asked.
 
I glanced around at them all. They all had smiling faces on and I couldn't tell if they were fake or real. I didn't take a chance. I stood and walked away to a new spot far from them. They may have seen it as rude, but I did it to test them. If they really wish to be friends with me then they would try again another time, if not, it was up to them. As I walked away from them I passed two other groups who were headed to where I once was. One group was two girls while the other was three guys. Soon school was over and I headed over to meet up with my sister and two cousins. Once I got to the lower school I saw some older boys from a different school, you could tell by their uniform, picking on my family and what seemed to be five new friends of theirs. Two had pink hair, another green, another light blue, and the last had red hair. “Hey! Back away from my family,” I called out angrily.
 
The boys looked up and just smirked. “Jenna!” Victoria called happily as stood before her and the group.
 
“I said back off,” I ordered, but the boys didn't.
 
“Your out numbered girlie,” one of the boys said. He was right, there were about 13 of them against just one of me.
 
I held my ground. I was up against tougher odds before back home. “Looks like you could use some extra muscle,” a voice said. I glanced over to see Lita cracking her knuckles looking ready to fight. Okay, two against 13 was slightly better, but not by much. “By the way I brought help,” Lita said pointing over her shoulder. We all glanced behind her to see Serena, Mina, Amy, and Raye there. Also there were the two girls I passed at lunch as well as the 3 guys. But there was also one other guy with them and they all looked ready to fight. So all together that's 4 guys and 7 girls plus me meaning 8 girls. All together that's 12 to 13. That was even better odds.
 
“Come on we can take these losers,” one of the guys said as the group of boys moved to fight us.
 
I held out my arm and glanced back at my little sister who nodded. Something like this happened before in America. Somebody would pick on my younger family members and I would defend them like I was doing now. Victoria ushered the youngsters to a safe distance then I readied to fight. “Bring it on,” I said. Just then I heard Victoria cry out in fear. I swung a look behind me to see 6 new guys surrounding the youngsters. Okay so now it was 12 to 19, still fine odds, but with the younger kids in trouble that could be a problem.
 
“Leave them alone!” Raye ordered as we fought to get to the younger kids.
 
To my surprise a new figure appeared and it was Masaru. “Its not right to pick on someone who is younger then yourself,” he said as he swiftly knocked out the six guys around the younger kids.
 
“Its Takashi! Bolt!” one of the boys called and all the boys raced away.
 
“Everyone okay?” Mina asked. To my relief no one was seriously hurt or injured.
 
“Thanks for the help,” Nessa said to everyone.
 
Devin glanced at me. “I thought you could handle boys like that?” he asked with a smirk. He liked to get under my skin at times.
 
“I would've, but more came to help and I think it was fine that they did help,” I said. I turned to Masaru. “Thanks for the extra hand.”
 
He snorted. “You fought boys like them before?” Amy asked me.
 
“Yeah, back in America boys were always trying to pick on my sister and cousins, but they always regretted it later,” I said.
 
“Here let me introduce our other friends,” Serena said. The two girls I passed at lunch were Amara Tenoh and Michelle Kaioh. The three boys from lunch were known as `The Three Lights', Seiya Kou, Taiki Kou, and Yaten Kou. The extra boy was Serena's boyfriend Darien Shields. Also the little ones who were protecting my family were also friends of Serena and them. They were Rini, Ceres, Pallas, Vesta, and Juno.
 
“We better get going,” Amara said.
 
“Yes, Hotaru and Trista are waiting for us at Raye's,” Michelle added.
 
“Can Victoria and the others come too?” Rini asked looking at Serena and Raye.
 
Raye nodded and we all headed for her place. Following at a distance behind us was Masaru. I turned to Nessa. “Ness, call home and let them know we're with friends and we'll be home in a while,” I told her. Nessa nodded and pulled out her phone. Soon we arrived at Raye's place, which was a temple. Once there we meet Hotaru Tomoe and Trista Meioh and also 3 cats, Luna, Artemis, and Diana. While we were there I felt like I knew more then just Serena, Amy, Raye, Lita, and Mina. I felt I also knew Trista, Amara, and Michelle as well as Darien. The next day as I left to head for school I was surprised to see Masaru waiting there for me. “What are you doing here and how did you know I lived here?” I asked him.
 
“To answer your questions I thought we could walk together to school and two, I saw you move in,” he answered, but for some reason I didn't believe his second answer. But I let it slide. We headed towards school and were met up with Serena and the rest of her friends. So this is the beginning of my adventure in the land of the rising sun. How was I supposed to know that soon my world would be turned upside down?
 
To be continued…