Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This is Me ❯ Chapter two “Start of Something New” ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter two “Start of Something New”
 
~~Jenna's POV~~
 
Hi, my name is Jenna Summers and I'm an American in Japan. So last time you learned that my family and me moved to Japan from America and after starting school I meet some new friends, Serena Tsukino, Amy Mizuno, Raye Hino, Lita Kino, Mina Aino, Amara Tenoh, Michelle Kaioh, Trista Meioh, Hotaru Tomoe, Darien Shields, Seiya Kou, Taiki Kou, Yaten Kou, Rini, Ceres, Vesta, Juno, Pallas, and Masaru Takashi. For some reason I feel like I know some of the girls, but why do I feel this way? Does this have to do with what the Queen Serenity said in my dream? Was that even real?
 
~~Normal POV~~
 
Jenna was walking along after school headed for home when she heard someone calling her name. She turned back to see Serena and her gang racing up to her. “Hey girls and guys,” she called back to them before they reached her.
 
"Guess what I heard," Mina said.
 
"What Mina?" Yaten asked.
 
"They have a duel competition going on. These still time left to enter. Anyone going to?" Mina asked looking around.
 
"All our decks are not that great," Raye said.
 
"I'll give it a whirl," Jenna said.
 
"You duel?" Seiya asked her.
 
"Yupe. Since I couldn't really make friends I made friends with the monsters in my deck and they've never let me down yet," Jenna answered.
 
"Now this is something I have to see," a male voice said. Everyone glanced over to see Masaru had joined them.
 
"Then you'll be surprised by how strong my deck is," Jenna said as they all headed for where the competition was to be held and Jenna signed up. Soon she found herself against her first opponent, a girl by the name of Kazumi Hagane with long black hair and dark brown eyes. "I'll start this off," Jenna said as they drew their cards. "First I summon my Gemini Elf in attack mode and then 3 cards face down. That'll end it for me."
 
"My turn then," Kazumi said as she drew her card, "First I activate Dain Keto! With this card I gain 1,000 life points."
 
"Hang on a second," Jenna said, "I chain with one of my face downs, Chain Detonation!"
 
Jenna: 8000
Kazumi: 8500
 
"I'll then set one monster and two cards then I end my turn," Kazumi said.
 
'Face down huh? Is she scared to attack or does she have a strong defense? I'll find out soon,' Jenna thought.
 
"I wonder what the other cards Jenna set are," Lita asked from where she and the others sat in the stands.
 
"We'll see," Amy said.
 
Jenna drew her next card. "First I set a monster then 2 more face down before I send my elves to attack your face down," Jenna ordered.
 
"And in response to you attack I activate my trap Negate Attack!" Kazumi said.
 
'Kind of saw that coming, but no matter.' "I end my turn," Jenna told Kazumi.
 
"I'll set another monster face down and one more face down as well," Kazumi said finishing her turn.
 
"Is she all defense?" Taiki asked.
 
"Seems that way," Raye said.
 
"My turn," Jenna said, "First I summon Breaker the Magical Warrior! When he is summoned to the field he gains a counter on him, which ups his attack to 1900. But I can also remove that counter restoring his attack to 1600, in return I can destroy one of your set magic/trap cards on the field and I thing I'll activate his effect now! And I'll destroy the one set card remaining from the start of your turn!" To her somewhat relief it was Twister. "Now before I attack I flip summon my face down, which is...my Morphing Jar! Thanks to him being flipped over we discard our hand and draw five new cards. Since I have no hand I gain a hand while you lose your hand, but get five new cards. Now onto the attack! Gemini! Attack the first monster she set!"
 
"And you activated another Negate Attack!" Kazumi said.
 
"You can't keep hiding behind your monsters for long. Soon either your life points or deck will be out." 'If I have my way both will be,' Jenna thought as she ended.
 
"Here we go!" Kazumi said drawing her card, "First I activate De-Spell on one on the face downs you set last turn."
 
"To bad I activate it now. Solemn Wishes! With this continuous trap on my field every time I draw from my deck my life points increase by 500. So next turn we'll be tied again," Jenna said.
 
"Then I'll play Stray lambs which will summon two lamb tokens to my side of the field, but that means I can't summon or set any monsters this turn. Then I set two cards face down," Kazumi said, "Then I end."
 
'All she's doing is hiding behind her monsters. I'm betting both of those traps are to protect her monsters like Waboku or another Negate. We'll soon see.' "My turn! First I summon my Dunames Dark Witch in attack mode!"
 
"You do that and I do this! Forced Back! That means your fairy goes back to your hand," Kazumi said.
 
"Fine then it's time to battle! Morphing Jar go after a lamb token!"
 
"Second trap activates! Waboku! Now my monsters won't be destroyed this turn," Kazumi said.
 
'She's trying to draw this out or something,' Jenna though. "Fine then let's just see who your two face downs are because even though Waboku is active I can still attack and see who you have hidden!" Jenna said ordering her two magicians to attack. One was Dandylion while the other was Babycerasaurus.
 
"I don't get it. Her monsters are weak," Amara said.
 
"I take it you like the cute monsters," Jenna said.
 
"Yupe they're my favorites and no one will hurt them!" Kazumi said.
 
'We'll see about that,' Jenna thought ending her turn.
 
Kazumi drew and got a disappointed face on. "I end," she said not doing anything.
 
'She probably has a Kuriboh in her hand and waiting until I attack her life points to use its ability,' Jenna thought as she drew. "Let's try this again. Come out Dunames Dark Witch! Now! Full out attack on her monsters!" After Dandylion went to the grave his effect activated creating two fluff tokens on the field. On her next turn Kazumi set one monster and ended her turn. Jenna drew to start her turn. "First I play Shield Crush! I use it to destroy your recently set monster! Next I summon Chainsaw Insect in attack mode! Now it's time for an assault! Morphing Jar and Breaker will attack your tokens while my other three attack your life points!" Kazumi blocked her fairy's attack and then blocked her spellcaster's with Kuriboh's, but Jenna still had her bug to attack.
 
Jenna: 9500
Kazumi: 6100
 
"Thanks for the new card," Kazumi said as she drew it thanks to Chainsaw Insect's effect.
 
'Probably won't do you any good,' Jenna thought as she ended.
 
"My turn! I set a monster and then play Block Attack forcing your bug to defense mode," Kazumi said then she ended.
 
"Too bad Kazumi. Only one monster and nothing to defend it with and I can switch my bug back to attack mode at the start of my turn," Jenna said drawing her card. "First I'll have Breaker go after your face down! Then it's another full out assault! First Morphing will attack and then I activate one of my set traps called Blast with Chain giving my Jar a 500 attack boost! Then my last three will finish this duel!"
 
Jenna: 10,000
Kazumi: 0
 
“Aw man!” Kazumi exclaimed at the sight of her defeat.
 
“She had just about a full field,” Michelle said.
 
“And yet she kept one magic/trap spot open for additional help,” Taiki said.
 
“Wonder who the next one she's going to be against?” Serena asked.
 
Soon it was discovered that her next opponent was Ikuto Satsuki, who was all decked out in Emo attire. `Oh boy. This'll be fun. I'm guessing dark monsters or zombies. Which ever it is I can handle it,' Jenna thought as the duel began. “I'll start this off. First I play Restructer Revolution, which will strike you with 200 points of damage for each card in your hand!” Ikuto didn't even flinch as his life points took a hit. “Next I summon Dunames Dark Witch in attack mode. Finally I set two cards and end my turn.”
 
“I guess Jenna likes that fairy monster,” Mina said to the others.
 
`Now what does she have planned for this one,' Masaru thought as he switched his dark purple eyes to watch Ikuto start his turn.
 
“My draw,” Ikuto said with little emotion, “First I activate Call of the Mummy.”
 
`Zombies, how did I guess,' Jenna thought.
 
“Then I activate its effect to summon Dragon zombie in defense mode then I set a monster along side it since my first zombie was special summoned. Then two set cards and I end my turn,” Ikuto said.
 
`Either that's the zombie castle or another zombie like Dragon Zombie. One way to figure that out.' “My turn! First I summon Chainsaw Insect. Now I'll have my fairy go after Dragon Zombie! Then my bug goes after your face down!” His face down was Snake Hair and Jenna breath a sigh of relief. “Finally I'll set one card and then my turn is done.”
 
“When you end I activate my one trap called Shattered Axe, which will decrease your bug by 500 attack during my standby phases,” Ikuto said. Jenna growled low in her throat. “Now my turn again.” With that Jenna's insect went from 2400 to 1900. “I'll activate my magic card again to special summon…Armored Zombie in face up defense mode then I set a monster and end my turn.”
 
`Hang tough Chainsaw. You'll be fine if I get Typhoon on this turn or even Twister,' Jenna thought and her bug chattered as if to say it would for her. “My turn!” She drew her card and her face fell. `Not this turn, but it may help if I wait it out.' “I set one card then I move to attack your face up zombie with my insect then my fairy will attack your face down!” His face down was Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower; if Jenna left that stay on the field it could hurt her and her deck. “That'll be all for me.”
 
“My turn,” Ikuto said and Jenna's bug was decreased again. “I use my magic card again and summon my Shadow Ghoul in attack mode!”
 
“That's not good. With each monster Jenna sent to the grave his ghoul gains 100 times the number of monsters in the grave,” Amy said.
 
“Meaning its now at 2000 and its strong enough to take out her two monsters,” Seiya said in worry.
 
`How will you deal with this Jenna?' Masaru asked as he watched her.
 
“Now I attack your fairy!” Ikuto said.
 
“Not so fast! I activate Kunai with chain and I'm going to use both effects meaning your ghoul is in defense mode while my bug gets a needed power boost!” Jenna said. Ikuto muttered under his breath and then ended by setting one more monster. “My draw! First I activate my one trap called Metal Reflect Slime. When activated it becomes a monster in defense position with 3000 defense. But none of my monsters will be staying for this round because I tribute all three to summon Gilford the Lightning. Although I could've done it with two if I do it with three I gain his effect, which will wipe your field of monsters! But before his effect activates I use my other trap called Birthright. With it I can summon back one normal monster to my field and I choose my fairy!” Both monsters appeared on Jenna's field. “With no monsters to defend you your wide open for two direct attacks!”
 
Jenna: 8000
Ikuto: 2400
 
Ikuto made no fuss as he began his turn. “My draw. Call of the mummy activates and I summon Clown Zombie if face up defense mode then I set one card and that'll do it for me.”
 
“My turn! I draw! I then move to attack your zombie with my fairy then Gilford will attack you to finish this duel!” Jenna said in triumph. Ikuto just shrugged at his defeat and walked away. Jenna went back up to join her friends since the duels would be continued later another day, this way they could determine who would fight who. “So how was that?” she asked them.
 
“I thought that last guy had you, but then you turned it around,” Raye said. Suddenly Raye stopped and glared off in the distance.
 
“Raye?” Serena asked.
 
“I'm sensing a dark presence,” Raye said before she took off running followed by the other scouts and the Three Lights.
 
Jenna and Masaru looked at each other then where the others had raced off. "That's strange," Jenna said then she raced after the scouts.
 
Masaru was on her heels. "I don't think this is a good idea," he told her.
 
"Says you," Jenna said. She stopped suddenly when she saw Serena and the gang before a strange looking creature.
 
"What the hell?" Masaru demanded as he stopped beside her.
 
"That looks like an Ettercap," Jenna said. Masaru looked at her strange. "What? It's suppose to be just a fantasy creature." Then Jenna and Masaru gapped as Serena and her friends transformed to the Sailor Scouts. "Did they just do what I think they did?" Jenna asked Masaru who could only nod.
 
Together the two watched as the scouts began to attack the Ettercap, but nothing they did seemed to work. "Looks like the only one who can do damage is Mars," Masaru said as the Ettercap yowled in pain from her fire.
 
'If only they had another fire scout,' Jenna thought. Deep inside her she felt this strange feeling build up. It spiked when she saw the Ettercap loom towards Serena/Sailor Moon. The next thing Jenna knew she was rushing at the Ettercap shoving it away from Serena. “Leave Serena and the others alone!” she ordered and was surprised to see a strange dark red aura appear around her whole body. “What in the world?” Jenna asked.
 
Suddenly a strange ferret came racing in from out of nowhere. It leapt on the head of the Ettercap confusing it for a good while. Then it dashed over towards Jenna as a strange blue star mark on its forehead sending a beam of light at her hands. When the light died a circular dark red broach was in her hands. In the middle of the broach was a ruby. “Hurry! You must transform!” the ferret said to Jenna in a male voice.
 
“Huh? Who are you?” Jenna asked confused.
 
“My name is Youso. Now hurry! The words will come to you,” Youso said as he turned back to the Ettercap who loomed to wards him and Jenna.
 
Jenna closed her eyes tightly and raised the broach high above her head. “Ruby Phoenix Power!” she called out. Flames leapt out of the broach and began to encircle Jenna whose cloths were stripped away as she began to transform. She gained a very revealing fuku. It looked like the Starlights yet different. It consisted mostly of dark red leather: thigh high boots, short-shorts, triangle top, upper arm gloves, and sailor scarf. There was also a crissed-cross belt across her abdomen in gold stars with a silver star in the center where they met. Her tiara, much like the Starlights yet silver, ran straight across her forehead and held a star in the center. Her broach turned into a silver star with dark red in the center of it before settling on her chest along with a red feather on each side of it. Once her transformation the flames around her died and she stood there in a scout pose.
 
“Who you?” the Ettercap asked.
 
“The name…is Sailor Ruby Phoenix, the scout of mythical fire! I'm here to defend the Earth from anyone who threatens it!” Jenna, now Ruby Phoenix, said. The Ettercap roared and then charged at her. She lifted her right hand towards the Ettercap as it came closer to her. “Flare Burn,” she said calmly yet there was a touch of anger and confidence in her voice. Flames leapt from her hand and engulfed the Ettercap. It screamed in pain as the flames burned him to ash. Once the Ettercap was defeated Jenna seemed to come to her senses and looked at herself with wide eyes. “What in the world?”
 
“You're a Sailor Scout Jenna,” Sailor Moon said as she and the others came over to her.
 
But as they came closer Jenna took a step back as her eyes went wide with an unknown emotion. “This…this…this isn't me. It…it can't be right,” she said and then took off running towards her home and as she ran she transformed back to herself.
 
“Jenna wait!” Youso called, but she either didn't hear him or choose not to, either way she kept running.
 
Too be continued…