Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This is Me ❯ Chapter three "True to your Heart" ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter three "True to your Heart"
 
~~Jenna's POV~~
 
Hi, my name is Jenna Summers and I'm an American in Japan. Okay so after following Serena and her group after they raced away from me and Masaru the two of us discovered that they are the Sailor Scouts. Then after it appears they will get killed this strange ferret appears and gives me a strange broach, which I use to transform! The next thing I know I'm kicking ass as a scout known as Sailor Ruby Phoenix. After defeating the creature the other scouts move to talk to me yet I backed away from them saying that this wasn't me and it couldn't be right. I race away leaving them and Masaru in the park. Now I have no idea what to do with myself.
 
~~Normal POV~~
 
Jenna secluded herself to her room. She left the broach on her dresser afraid to touch it again. Her sister had asked if she was going to see Serena and the gang that day, but Jenna remained silent. “I can't be one of the scouts. I just can't be,' she thought.
 
Just then one of her windows opened by itself. She glanced up and saw Youso leapt onto her bed. “Jenna, we…”
 
“Shut up!” she ordered leaping up. She was alone in her home so she could be as loud as she wanted. “We don't need to talk. I'm not the one you want.”
 
“That broach wouldn't have worked if you were the wrong girl,” Youso stated.
 
“Whatever. I can't be the right one,” Jenna said.
 
“What gives you that idea?” a familiar male voice asked. Both Jenna and Youso glanced up to see Masaru sitting on her windowsill in the same window Youso came through.
 
“M-Masaru? How…how did you get up here?” Jenna asked knowing her room was on the second floor of the house.
 
“I'm not like other guys,” he said then stared right at Jenna, “Just like you aren't like other girls.”
 
She stammered and then looked away from him. “This can't be what that queen said I would do,” she said with her eyes looking at her lap.
 
“Queen?” Masaru asked.
 
“What queen? What did this queen say to you?” Youso asked in shock and worry.
 
“She said soon I would be needed to help protect her daughter, but she didn't say who her daughter was,” Jenna answered.
 
“Did this queen tell you her name?” Youso pressed.
 
“She said her name was Queen Serenity,” Jenna said looking up and saw Youso's face widen in surprise. “Something wrong?” she asked him.
 
“Queen Serenity was the Queen of the Moon during what was known as the Silver Millennium. Her daughter was Princess Serena.” Jenna gapped at this. “During a ball on the moon a woman named Queen Beryl attacked with the forces Negaverse. Everyone was killed including the princess and her love, the earth prince, Prince Darien.”
 
“But if they were killed how did they come back now?” Jenna asked.
 
“With the last of her power and the mystical silver crystal, which Sailor Moon now has, she sent everyone to be reborn on the future on Earth. The Starlights are a different story that I have no idea about, but I do know about you and your team Jenna,” Youso answered.
 
“My team?” Jenna questioned.
 
“Yes, you have a team. There are five members all together with you as their leader. Close your eyes and let the memories come to you,” Youso instructed.
 
“All…all right,” Jenna said as she closed her eyes. She saw herself back where she had been in her dream before yet the palace looked like it never was attacked. Before her were four other girls in similar outfits when she transformed. One was green, another yellow, another purple, and the last was blue. Other things came back to her as well like feelings and her inner scout sense. Suddenly she felt like something was wrong with the scouts. She opened her eyes quickly and turned on her TV. To her shock she saw the scouts and Starlights fighting strange looking creatures.
 
“What in the world?” Youso asked looking at the creatures.
 
“Do you know what they are Jenna?” Masaru asked her.
 
“Yeah. They're a horde of Athach. Nasty buggers with three arms yet the third hangs from the front of their neck hanging like its useless,” Jenna explained. She watched as the scouts struggled to fight the Athach.
 
“They are going to be killed if you do not help them Jenna,” Youso told her.
 
“Are you just going to let them die?” Masaru asked her.
 
Jenna saw Sailor Moon get hit and fall hard to the ground. Jenna surged to her feet from where she sat on her bed. “Let's go Youso. We have some bad guys to thrash,” she said.
 
“I can get you there faster,” Masaru as he stood on her bedroom floor.
 
“How?” Jenna asked as she grabbed her broach and Youso leapt onto her right shoulder. He took hold of one of her arms and hoisted her onto his back in a piggyback style. “What the? Your going to carry me piggyback style all the way there?”
 
“Hold on,” he told her then leapt out the window to the roofs above. Jenna clung tightly to him. “Told you I wasn't like other guys.”
 
“You better transform before we get there,” Youso told her.
 
“Right,” Jenna said holding the broach above her head like before, “Ruby Phoenix Power!” She was quickly transformed into Sailor Ruby Phoenix.
 
Meanwhile the scouts struggled to get to their feet as the Athach horde encircled them. “Damnit!” Jupiter cursed.
 
“Flare Burn!” a voice called out as fire engulfed one of the Athach turning it to ash and standing there was Ruby Phoenix.
 
“Ruby Phoenix!” Mars said.
 
“You, Athach, made the wrong move attacking my fellow scouts,” Phoenix said as she glared at them. Masaru and Youso hung back behind some trees for safety. “I'm taking you all down! Fire Plume!” Dark clouds gathered around the area as Phoenix raised both her hands to the sky. As she swiftly brought her hands down causing fire to rain down from the clouds burning the Athach to ash.
 
“Nice work Phoenix,” Youso said as he trotted over to her. Masaru stayed hidden just watching.
 
Phoenix walked over and knelt down on one knee before Sailor Moon as the other scouts watched. “I am here to defend and serve you Moon Princess,” she said.
 
Sailor Moon took hold of Phoenix's hands pulling her to her feet. "There is no need for that Phoenix," she told her.
 
"No, I'm going to prove that I belong. Not just to you, but to myself," Phoenix said. All the scouts de-transformed with smiles and nods.
 
"How did you get her so fast?" Taiki asked.
 
"With..." Jenna glanced around trying to find Masaru only to see him gone, "...Masaru?"
 
Youso glanced around to. "He was here a second ago."
 
“He got you here that quickly?” Amy asked. Jenna then explained how he got into her room and then how she got to the battle.
 
“Wow, he really isn't like any other guy,” Rini said as the group began to walk away from the area they fought in.
 
“Sorry to say this, but we need to head to our practice for our concert,” Yaten said.
 
Seiya turned to Jenna. “I've heard your pretty good at singing,” he said.
 
Jenna blushed. She was unaware that Masaru was following the group at a distance yet he heard and saw everything. He growled deeply seeing that Seiya caused Jenna to blush. `What the hell? When did I become so protective of her?' Masaru asks himself still watching and following the group.
 
“Well I have sung in my room and along with friends, but I don't think I really have a good voice,” Jenna said.
 
“Believe me if one of the Starlights says you have a good voice you do,” Mina said and the other Inner Scouts nodded.
 
“Why not sing for us when we get there and we'll see,” Yaten offered.
 
“Sounds fair,” Jenna said as they walked on further towards the outdoor stage. Soon they arrived and set up to play.
 
“Ready Jenna?” Taiki asked her, “We have different songs you could sing even some American songs.”
 
“Well I do have a song that I'm really good at singing or so I think I can. I have it here on a thumb drive. Any place I can plug it in?” Jenna asked.
 
“Leave that to Amy,” both Serena and Mina said as Yaten brought out a laptop.
 
Jenna handed a thumb drive to the scout of Mercury who pulled it in and brought up some files. Jenna pointed to one and Amy began to get it ready while Jenna prepared herself and the Starlights handed her a microphone. “Ready Jenna?” Amy asked.
 
“As ready as I'll ever be,” Jenna replied and then Amy started up the song. First it was a long instrumental part where Jenna closed her eyes, held the mike before her, and seemed to be preparing herself while facing towards where the audience would sit. Soon she lifted the mike to her lips and began to sing, “Darkness of white you can through the sadness take your flight and become the wings that pierce the veil spreading strong and true tonight!” (The song is the full English version of the DN Angel theme song)
 
The scouts all listened with surprised faces as Jenna continued to sing. Peeking out from a walkway was Masaru who couldn't believe that a girl like Jenna had a voice that sounded like an angel to him. `I don't believe it,' he thought to himself. Elsewhere it seemed Jenna's voice was reaching other ears. Four other girls all glanced up upon hearing the singing and were engulfed in aura's, one was violet, another cyan, another spring green, and the last was yellow.
 
“Vanish with the fake light, born anew in the true light within these hands…! Breaking the dark of night, piercing through the painted white; cut it all away from yesterday `till a new era's in sight. Unlock the heart within let it spread its wings and soar; rising up in flight through the night of white and fly on forever more!” Jenna finished and then posed as the song ended with a loud drum. All of the scouts clapped for her. “Thanks guys,” Jenna said turning to them until she caught a glimpse of Masaru watching her. “Masaru!” Upon seeing he was spotted he dashed away. “Wait!” Jenna called after him racing to catch him. Soon she found herself out near the street with no sign of Masaru anywhere.
 
“What's wrong Jenna?” Amara asked as she and the other scouts raced after her along with Youso.
 
“I saw Masaru,” Jenna explained.
 
“He was here?” Michelle asked.
 
Jenna nodded and glanced around again trying to find him. The scouts were unaware that Masaru was still nearby, but hidden in a nearby tree watching them. `I'm sorry Jenna, but I can't let you get any closer to me and I feel I maybe the one putting you in danger,' he thought.
 
Too be continued…