Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Mai Otome Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Otome ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters from Sailor Moon or the concepts of Mai Otome, I’m just borrowing them for awhile.

Sailor Otome

Princess Serenity the Younger of the kingdom of Tranquility walked the corridor to her mother’s chamber, wondering why she had been summoned so suddenly. A frown did little to diminish the blonde haired woman’s beauty, with her golden hair tied back in two ponytails, sapphire blue eyes and skin that glowed rosily with health.

Queen Serenity smiled as her daughter entered the throne room, her own hair white as the driven snow. Yet other than that she glowed with vitality, her silvery gown flowing as she walked to embrace her daughter, “Hello, Serena.”

“Mother,” Serenity smiled warmly, then looked up at the woman who followed her mother, “hello, Setsuna.”

Setsuna Meiou, known also as Timeless Dark Opal, was Queen Serenity’s Otome companion and warrior, and had been for many years. Her green black hair and serious manner could be off putting at first, but Setsuna had become like a second mother to Serenity.

“Hello, little Serenity,” Setsuna said with a slight smile, “it’s good to have you home from the academy.”

“Thank you Setsuna,” Serenity blushed a bit.

“I have wonderful news for you,” Queen Serenity informed her daughter as they walked back towards the throne.

“What is it?” Serenity asked eagerly.

Sitting gracefully on her throne Queen Serenity leaned forward eagerly, “I received a message from the headmaster of the Otome academy, Luna d’Artemis. She says there’s a Otome graduate available!”

Serenity’s eyes widened, “An Otome! But I thought they usually went to kings?”

“Luna owes me a favor or two,” Queen Serenity smiled smugly, “besides, you’ll need a Otome if we send you off as a envoy again.”

“As long as it isn’t to Lord Mamoru’s kingdom,” Serenity shuddered visibly, “he is far too crude for my taste.”

‘Another reason to assign you an Otome,’ Queen Serenity thought to herself grimly, ‘to put that fool in his place. When Setsuna had revealed he had dared lay hands upon you, I thought I might kill him then and there.’

There was a soft sound as footsteps came up the hall. “In fact,” Setsuna said calmly, “that should be her now.”

The guard at the door cleared his throat then announced, “May I present Rei Hino, also known as Ruby Firestorm.”

The woman who strode in wore a simple red gown, her long mane of black hair shining as she strode across the floor like a panther. The orange cuffs and highlights made her look even more striking, as did the single ruby earring that she wore in her left ear. Her voice was husky as she neared the throne and bowed, saying, “Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, I am honored to be welcomed here.”

“Welcome, Rei Ruby Firestorm,” Queen Serenity said, then blinked as she observed a most unusual sight.

Princess Serenity was gazing with wide eyes at Rei, her cheeks flushed and a hand to her bosom as if she might faint then and there. She opened her mouth, cleared her throat then managed, “Welcome.”

“Princess,” Rei took Serenity’s hand and kissed the back, not noticing the blush that nearly made the girl glow.

“It’s been a while since I saw you as a coral at the academy,” Setsuna noted with some amusement, “I’m glad to see you reach your potential.”

Rei blushed charmingly, “Ma’am.”

‘She’s so cute!’ Serenity thought admiringly.

“We’ll have to preform the sealing ceremony tomorrow,” Queen Serenity noted, “but today I thought you two should get to know one another.”

“Very wise, my Queen,” Rei nodded.

Serenity smiled happily as she reached out to take Rei’s hand, “Thank you mother.”

Once both girls were gone Queen Serenity turned to her closest advisor and asked, “What do you think?”

Setsuna smiled slightly, leaning against the side of the throne comfortably, her light green and black clothes flowing over her body. “I think they may be very well matched,” she mused after a moment’s thought.

Queen Serenity smiled, reaching up to stroke Setsuna’s cheek as she softly asked, “As well matched as we are?”

“One cannot repeat perfection,” Setsuna murmured as she bent over to give her Queen a sweet, lingering kiss.

“So, Miss Hino....” Serenity said tentatively as they walked the hallways.

“Princess,” Rei interrupted her cautiously, “if I may be so bold, could you simply call me Rei?” A smile, “An Otome is supposed to be your companion as well as your champion.”

“Rei, then,” Serenity smiled shyly, “and you may just call me Serenity.”

Rei smiled as they passed one of the many windows, where outside roses bloomed, the sweet scent washing over them both. “I’d like that,” she said warmly.

Serenity gestured to a bench, carefully sitting then watching enviously as Rei gracefully sat beside her. ‘I wish I could be that coordinated,’ she thought wryly. She looked at Rei curiously, “While my mother and Setsuna have talked a bit about the Otome, I’m not entirely sure what you can do....”

Rei chuckled softly, smiling at Serenity. “There are a lot of stories,” she agreed, “I suspect it gets hard to tell fact from fiction.”

“Exactly,” Serenity agreed.

“As a Otome, I was injected with nanomachines as the academy,” Rei calmly explained, “normally, they just serve to increase my speed, reaction time, strength and healing abilities.” She reached up to touch her earring as she continued, “However, when my GEM is activated by my master, I can summon my robe and use abilities such as flight, my element weapon and far greater strength and resistance to injury.”

Serenity’s eyes widened, “Incredible. And I’ll be your master?”

Rei nodded slightly, “Once we make the contract at the ceremony tomorrow.”

Serenity murmured, “I can’t wait....”

“Eh?” Rei blinked.

Serenity blushed as she waved her off, “Nothing, nothing!”

“Anyway,” Rei shook her head, “you’ll need this, when we make the contract.” From within her dress she drew out a red gemstone, one matching the one in her ear and passed it to Serenity, “This is for you.”

“It’s lovely,” Serenity held the gem carefully.

“Do you have a signet ring?” Rei asked curiously.

Serenity carefully drew off a silver band from her finger, decorated with the kingdom’s symbol, “Yes, it’s a gift from my mother.”

Borrowing it a moment Rei carefully took Serenity’s gem and fitted it into a opening on the ring, where it snugly fit into place. “Most ruler’s rings are designed to work with a Otome contract gem,” she passed it back to Serenity, “just in case.”

‘It’s almost like a engagement ring,’ Serenity realized as her heart beat faster. Looking up at Rei she smiled, “Thank you, it’s lovely.”

“Ah,” Rei blinked innocently, “you’re welcome.”

“Come on, I should show you around,” Serenity smiled, already mentally planning their days together. ‘First, I’ll have her wake me in the morning, with me just in that tiny little nightie. We’ll have breakfast together, then go out walking in the gardens. I bet I can find LOTs of things out there to interest her in....’

“Where should we go first?” Rei asked her as she followed behind the curiously distracted looking princess.

“My chambers,” Serenity said with a bounce to her step, “I’m sure you’ll be spending a lot of time there.”

“Ehh?” Rei blinked, wondering a bit about the tone in the blonde princess’ voice.

To be continued....?



Omake!

Natsuki Kruger frowned, her dark blue hair flowing over her shoulders as she paced the meeting room. “That’s a completely inaccurate depiction of the real relationship between an Otome and her master,” she protested irritably.

“Completely inaccurate,” Yukino Chrysant agreed, the reddish brown haired woman keeping a firm grip on Haruka Armitage‘s arm.

“Very exaggerated,” Arika Yumemiya agreed, holding the younger Queen Mashiro in her lap as she fed her grapes.

“Natsuki,” Shizuru Viola purred as the brown haired woman gently grabbed her from behind, “don’t be so... tense.”

Natsuki blushed, “Shizuru!”

Aoi Senoh chuckled softly as the brown haired maid carried in another tray of drinks, Chie Hallard following beside her. “Here you go,” she delivered to Natsuki, Shizuru, Yukino and Haruka but when Mashiro asked for one she shook her head reluctantly, “you’re too young.”

“I’m the queen and I can’t drink?” Mashiro complained.

“Sorry,” Aoi shrugged eloquently.

“How busy are you?” Chie asked curiously, the black clad young woman pushing up her glasses sexily.

“I’m off soon,” Aoi admitted, “why?”

Chie leaned forward to whisper in her ear, “I was thinking we could go off and....”

Aoi’s eyes widened as she listened to Chie explain what she wanted to do. “Mashiro,” she called as she and Chie hurried out the door, “I’m going on my break! Bye!”

“Good help is SO hard to find,” Haruka smirked.

“So,” Natsuki said as she tried to get them back on subject, “what will we do about this inaccurate version of our lives?”

“Offer to be guest stars?” Shizuru asked as she nibbled Natsuki’s neck.

“Shizuru!” Natsuki squeaked.

End

Notes: Not planning a part two, but we’ll see. Based off the Mai Otome manga, in which warrior women are bonded to rulers as their champions and defenders. While I exaggerate the characters in the Omake, it IS canon that Shizuru and Natsuki are more than friends, and possibly also Haruka and Yukino. Heh.