Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Queen Mercury Revived ❯ Disc 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: So, how was Chapter 2 aka Disc 1? A little background information about Anhara's birth in the previous chapter. This is Chapter 3 or Disc 2. Before I begin the chapter proper, I want to thank the following reviewers.
 
FirecatRekka: The Holy Grail appeared in the Death Busters season, I think, and a couple of episodes before Sailor Saturn comes into the picture. Actually, this isn't the first time I've tried inserting Ami into an anime series. I did it twice, one with Beyblade and another one with Ronin Warriors (the English version). I think I screwed both of them up quite badly.
 
(A/N: Spoiler alerts ahead!)
 
Yami Flo: As for the Holy Grail, I intend to give it to Anhara at the end of Episode 10 (looks around nervously for any objections). Fast chapter I know, I don't have much choice. I blame it on the VCD set I brought. They clammed three episodes into one CD. That's why I named the chapters Disc 1, Disc 2 and so on from Chapter 3 onwards. Apparitions? Maybe not, unless you count dream sequences. Appearances, maybe. I intend to have Saturn make a guest appearance in Episode 20.
 
Disclaimers: I don't own any characters used in here. They belong to their rightful owners.
 
Chapter 3: Disc 2
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Episode 4: Doku Masho, Naaza's Trap (A/N: Man I hate this episode. The animation sucks big time!)
 
There were hundreds of people in despair and fear, watched over by the youja soldiers as they were kept somewhere in Arago's fortress.
 
In Arago's throne room, the other three Mashos were mercilessly cutting down Shuten for his defeat.
 
Even Arago appeared and censured Shuten for allowing Rekka to revive.
 
Naaza then volunteered next to find the location of the other four Troopers so that they could be destroyed before reviving.
 
Arago gave his permission, but he also wants Anhara to be brought back to the Netherworld. He had a certain need for the crystal she possessed.
 
Jun was asleep on Anhara's lap in the backseat and Nasuti suggested that they should go and see her grandfather at the University for Help with finding the rest of the Troopers.
 
Meanwhile, a red mist passed through Sengoku University, killing everything in its wake.
 
While driving out of the city, Jun requested that they stop by his house.
 
Nasuti tried to tell him gently that his parents would not be there. Ryo added in his two cents, though in a much blunter manner.
 
Jun refused to believe either of them and turned pleadingly to Anhara.
 
The ninja girl sighed in resignation and told Nasuti to stop.
 
Upon arrival, Jun used his house key to get and ran throughout the empty dark house calling for his parents.
 
He finally arrived to a room full of plants that were dying. Then, Jun remembered that his mother had said she would always remember to water the plants. Before the four continue on their way, Jun watered all of the plants.
 
At the university, all the plants had withered and even the stone was cracked.
 
Ryo had thought Sengoku University was supposed to be pretty.
 
Nasuti noted that something was strange.
 
Anhara agreed, “Naaza was here.”
 
When they arrived, her grandfather's office, the room was dark.
 
The professor refused outright to help them, saying that the time of humans was over and now it was the age of the youja.
 
Nasuti could not believe what he was saying and when he said that no one knows where the Troopers have gone, she stubbornly opened a laptop and began going through the data.
 
Anhara frowned, she had sworn she felt a youja's aura emitting from the professor. As she was not too sure herself, she did not want to raise the alarm, lest she was wrong.
 
Jun then found a Polaroid and began to take pictures.
 
While looking through the view finder, Jun noticed red eyes in one of the armors in the display case.
 
Ryo laughed in disbelief at first but then Byakuen growled in warning and the youja burst out of the display cases.
 
Anhara hissed in anger, she knew there was something very wrong going around here!
 
The appearance of the youja had just proved her suspicion.
 
Anhara mentally cursed. Her throwing knives were not for dealing with youja soldiers.
 
Knowing full well about the desperate situation at hand, Anhara had no choice but to henshinn.
 
And henshinn she did, the purity of her henshinn was enough to annihilate every single one of the youja soldiers.
 
Ryo blinked in astonishment, he had no idea that the Queen could be so powerful.
 
Meanwhile, Nasuti backed away, only to run into her grandfather who looked possessed.
 
Turning angrily at the youja who possessed the professor, Imperial Sailor Mercury whirled her staff around her and called forth an attack; a healing spell.
 
“Frost Healing!”
 
The power of the spell was enough to destroy the youja and drive it out of the professor, who collapsed. And with his last breath, he called up a poem on the laptop but died before telling Nasuti what it meant.
 
Naaza's shadow appeared on the building seen through the windows of the office as Nasuti worked hard to crack the poem, tears streaming down her face.
 
Byakuen suddenly appeared and attacked Naaza.
 
Nasuti got frustrated as every attempt failed, worrying that Arago might already know where the other four were.
 
Ryo and Jun tried to cheer her up but they all saw Naaza's attack. By that time, Imperial Sailor Mercury had disappeared, appearing once again in front of Naaza.
 
Naaza blew Byakuen away, with Imperial Sailor Mercury creating a bubble to cushion his fall.
 
Frowning dangerously at the Oni Masho, the ice senshi swirled her staff around her, leaving behind a trail of ice dust.
 
Then, Imperial Sailor Mercury's eyes snapped open as she shouted, “Frostbite”
 
The trail of ice dust suddenly coagulated into a giant snowflake. The snowflake settled on Imperial Sailor Mercury's palm and she turned around in a graceful circle. When the circle was complete, she tossed the charged up snowflake.
 
“Rush!”
 
At the command, the solidified snowflake rushed towards Naaza.
 
“Ja Ga Ken!” Naaza countered the snowflake with his attack. The poison shot through the snowflake with ease, scattering it, leaving behind snow crystals at its wake.
 
Ryo took this chance to armor up.
 
Turning his attention to Rekka no Ryo, Naaza fired another “Ja Ga Ken!”, beating back Ryo with his poison.
 
Meanwhile, Nasuti was still working and an old memory came back to her.
 
Torch of spirit sought through five,
Drinking strength from immortal fire,
The darkest prison sheds the light,
Churning beneath a swirl of salt,
Burning within a throne of rock,
Floating among the eye of ages,
Un-mourned in the stream of the sky.
 
(A/N: Don't blame me. I couldn't find the Yorioden Samurai Troopers' poem, so I had to make to do with the Ronin Warriors' one.)
 
She realized a keyword was 'Natsu' and cracks one line.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury fired a frozen wave of water at Naaza, only to be countered back
by his poison, once again.
 
Ryo, Imperial Sailor Mercury and Naaza had reduced the building they were fighting on to rubble when Nasuti found the second keyword. The building they were in was being corroded by Naaza's poison; Nasuti packed up the computer and grabbed Jun as he was taking pictures of the fight below.
 
Naaza's next attack vaporized the building but Nasuti and Jun made it out. Jun waved a photo, telling Ryo that Naaza did not really have six arms but just moved two really fast.
Ryo removed his yoroi in order to move quicker, allowing him to dodge Naaza's attack.
 
Then, Imperial Sailor Mercury fired another ice wave, this time a much stronger one.
 
That frozen wave hit Naaza, freezing him on impact.
 
Taking this opportunity, Ryo jumped over Naaza, grabbed one of his katanas from the sheath and struck Naaza with it. Naaza's swords fell all around him and that triggered an explosion which leveled the rest of the university.
 
As they drove away, Nasuti informed them that their next destination was the Akidoshi Plateau.
 
From the ruins of the university, Naaza came up, smiling evilly.
 
The three, believing Naaza was dead, stood on a beach, watching the sunset.
 
However, Anhara was not too sure. She knew Naaza would not go down that easily.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Episode 5: Revival! Warrior of Light
 
Nasuti while driving, explained the reason they were going to the Akidoshi Plateau.
 
The poem, as she remembered, were actually clues as to where the Samurai Troopers were.
 
The line "The darkest prison sheds the light", she further explained, referred to Korin no Seiji, the warrior of light.
 
Nasuti was certain that the caverns at Akidoshi Plateau were where Seiji would be.
 
While looking around, White Blaze and Indivar appeared alongside with each other. As the four walked off, Naaza was seen materializing on one of the stones.
 
He had been following them since his apparent defeat at Sengoku University.
 
At this point, Anhara's senses went on high alert when she felt Naaza's very familiar aura.
 
Anhara frowned for a second, then Naaza's aura disappeared.
 
Ryo, sensing her rigid form, turned and asked, “Your Highness?”
 
Anhara shook her head as she relaxed.
 
“Nothing Rekka.” She assured the warrior of Fire.
 
Ryo shrugged and went off, with Anhara trailing behind.
 
Was that Naaza I felt or was I too sensitive? She thought.
 
Never doubt your senses, my Queen. Indivar responded.
 
Anhara smiled mentally, Arigatou Indivar.
 
Meanwhile, Jun yelled into a cave, calling for Seiji.
 
Then, Byakuen growled out a warning and Ryo sensed danger.
 
Anhara hissed in frustration, she knew her senses were right!
 
“There's no point in hiding, Naaza. Just come out.” She shouted.
 
“As you wish, traitoress.” Naaza answered from the shadows, spitting the last word out.
 
The Oni Masho appeared in front of the two warriors and laughed.
 
Ryo was shocked and Naaza mockingly explained that it was a trap to trick them into
leading him to the next Trooper.
 
“Trap?” Anhara echoed in amusement. “I thought traps were Rajura's specialty.”
 
Naaza turned sharply at the blue-haired ninja.
 
“Watch your words, girl.” He warned.
 
“Or what?” Anhara challenged, smirking.
 
Naaza growled lowly in anger. Then, he fired a “Ja Ga Ken!” at the untransformed Anhara.
 
The girl's smirk went up a notch, as she skillfully leaped up and landed away from Naaza's attack range.
 
After spending the first five years of her life in the Netherworld and training with the four
Oni Mashos ever since she could walk, Anhara already knew the their attacks like the back of her hand.
 
Ryo and Naaza then faced off with each other.
 
It was not long before Nasuti noted that Ryo's last power up was still with him.
 
Ryo had also noticed this and was impressed with his yoroi.
 
Naaza stands back up, and Ryo notices a smoking slash on his armor. Naaza's burning poison, acid really, was burning through his yoroi.
 
Ryo flipped behind Naaza, grabbed him, throwing the much taller and heavier Doku Masho off.
 
Ryo was surprised at the change in him since he woke up in the magma.
 
Anhara smiled to herself, she knew the Safiastra's decision to send all five of them to their yorois' place of power was right.
 
Naaza then remembered Arago's words about the Troopers' yoroi being a danger if they ever awakened.
 
Ryo yelled at Nastui and Jun to run into the cave as Naaza and youja surrounded him soldiers.
 
Without missing a beat, he ordered Anhara to protect the two of them.
 
Anhara, however, stubbornly refused, henshinning instead.
 
With one strong sweep of raw magic from her staff, Imperial Sailor Mercury annihilated almost all of the youja soldiers surrounding her, leaving only a few for Ryo.
 
The remaining youja soldiers were no problem for Ryo but then Naaza drew all six of his poisonous swords, throwing them at him.
 
Ryo was able to dodge most of them but one got too close, and the poison dripping from it, fell into his eyes, blinding him.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury cursed mentally. That attack came too quick for her to pull out a shield.
 
Nastui and Jun were running though the cave when Byakuen stopped and ran back.
 
Indivar cried out, only to be shot back a warning growl from the white tiger.
 
Jun wanted to follow behind because Ryo was injured but Nastui refused, saying that they would only get in the way.
 
Naaza pulled another attack on Ryo who tried very hard to sense where Naaza was.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury parried off the attack, shouting that Naaza was now against her.
 
Just then, Byakuen came into the scene, saving Ryo. Seeing this, Imperial Sailor Mercury cast an invisible wall, shielding the three of them.
 
Byakuen then carried Ryo into the caves, with Imperial Sailor Mercury behind.
 
Naaza tried to stop them only to have his swords destroy the cave entrance.
 
Ryo tried to wash away the poison with water but it did not work
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury explained that Naaza's poison was no ordinary poison; it could only be removed by Korin's light.
 
Realizing that Byakuen was also hurt by the poison, he instructed the tiger to stay while he and the ice senshi searched for Seiji.
 
Summoning Rekka, Ryo used the yoroi's links to each other to search for the bearer of Korin.
 
Nastui and Jun were in the caves when they were found and chased by youja soldiers.
 
Indivar cried out in warning. Flying up, he shot down sharp-ended feathers, destroying some of the soldiers. Nastui and Jun finally ran into Naaza himself and were captured.
 
As Ryo walked blindly, the chiming from the armor link grew stronger. At the same time, the Mercurain sigh had started to glow on Imperial Sailor Mercury's forehead.
 
She knew they were close.
 
Unfortunately, Ryo could not see that the ground ahead of him was glowing. Before Imperial Sailor Mercury could shout out a warning, Ryo took one fateful step forward
and the ground broke under him.
 
The chiming was even louder and the Rekka swords guided him to a pillar of stone.
 
In the glowing upper portion of the pillar, was the shadowed figure of a figure. Ryo called out to Seiji. Getting no answer, he hit the pillar.
 
By this time, the symbol on Imperial Sailor Mercury's forehead burst into full.
 
At the same time, Korin no Seiji's kanji; “Rei” shone brightly on his forehead, and he awoke.
 
Just then, Naaza appeared with Nastui and Jun.
 
Nastui and Jun was about to call out to him and ask why he did not free Seiji who is right behind him, when the pillar cracked. Light then began shooting out and Korin finally
appeared in the light.
 
Seiji 's face was covered by his mask and it flipped up, revealing his eyes.
 
He noted Ryo was on the floor, and Imperial Sailor Mercury was carefully tending to his injured eyes.
 
Turning his attention back to Naaza, the pair parried against the other.
 
Eventually, with his sword glowing, Seiji unleashed a “Rai Ko Za" which blew Naaza away and through the cavern walls. From above, the Rai Ko Za's energy broke through the ground.
 
Above ground, Seiji supported an injured Ryo up the hill and apologized for not being able to help earlier.
 
Then, using the light's power, Seiji restored Ryo's sight by reflecting sunlight into his eyes.
 
Jun cheered at the success.
 
Finally, turning to the dehenshinned Imperial Sailor Mercury, Seiji knelt down on one knee and apologized to her for not protecting her. (A/N: Insert Ryo's speech from episode 3, minus the `the leader of the Yorioden Samurai Troopers' part)
 
He was about to get to the failing part, when Anhara shook her head.
 
“It isn't your fault, Korin.” She replied.
 
Turning to the regretful Ryo and Seiji, who was getting up, Anhara answered, “It isn't anyone's fault. If you want someone to blame, then blame it on Serenity.”
 
Seiji and Ryo nodded, understanding their Queen's argument.
 
On the way back, Anhara muttered to herself, “If the other three are going to do the same,
I'll scream. They all know how much I hate royal formalities.”
 
Indivar, which was the closest to her, chuckled mentally.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Episode 6: Counterattack! Super Wave Smash of Anger (A/N: Anhara saves her former lover. This should be interesting. :P)
 
Seiji, Ryo, Nasuti, Anhara and Jun were now at the bridge in the Inland Sea, which towered above the Great Whirlpool of Meimon.
 
“Nervous, Your Highness?” Seiji teased. Ryo too, grinned teasingly. The two had remembered her relationship with the warrior of Suiko.
 
Anhara glared at the two Samurai Troopers.
 
“Want me to `Cold Snap' you, Korin?” she threatened.
 
Seiji held up two hands in mock surrender.
 
After a while, Ryo announced that he would get Suiko no Shin out in a jiffy but Nasuti was still worried.
 
Ryo reassured her, saying that he would be fine. Anhara smirked and added in her two cents, saying that she would keep an eye on him, causing Ryo to cast an insulted look at her.
 
As a result, Seiji and Nasuti took the jeep and departed, heading for Hokkaido where they believed Shuu was.
 
Naaza was watching from the cliff above the water as, turning the view to Arago and the other Warlords.
 
Shuten requested for another chance to go to the north to kill Shuu, however Arago gave it to Anubisu instead.
 
Ryo dove off the bridge into the water, alongside with a henshinned Anhara.
 
Soon, the pair was attacked by spears thrown by youja soldiers.
 
“What's the betting that Naaza's behind all this?” Imperial Sailor Mercury asked jokingly.
 
“Two to one?” Ryo suggested.
 
Ryo dodged and attacked.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury destroyed the youja soldiers around her with one strong sweep of magic from her staff.
 
Turning back, she noticed that Ryo had gone back to the surface for air.
 
She smiled, knowing why. Rekka's yoroi is based on fire. It doesn't work very well in an environment like this.
 
Frowning, she wondered, Suiko, where are you?
 
Above water, the fight resumed.
 
Further down underwater, Shin was within a light blue sphere, guarded by fish and a giant orca. He had felt that Ryo was near but like Seiji in the previous episode; he could neither move nor answer.
 
Ryo called upon his Rekka yoroi, taking down some more youja soldiers in the process, but arrows showered down on him.
 
Byakuen took down the archers from above water, allowing Ryo to dive back down underwater, keeping the armor on even though it would slow him down.
 
Jun noticed that Naaza had also dived in and cried out a warning to Ryo.
 
Suddenly, Ryo felt pain all over him.
 
Naaza suddenly appeared, laughing. Then, he attacked.
 
The armor was feeling strange to Ryo and he finally noticed all the fish were dead and that there were red bubbles all around.
 
As the two fought it out, Ryo could feel more pain running through his armor.
 
The water had enhanced Naaza's poison and Ryo was especially susceptible to it.
 
Water AND poison. Imperial Sailor Mercury thought, finally arriving at the scene. A
damn bad combination.
 
Ryo was losing his energy as his armor sparked and pain running though his body.
 
Naaza smirked and increased his poison, intending to blows Ryo away.
 
Then, out of the blue, a `Frostbite Rush!” distracted Naaza from his initial intention.
 
Turning around, Naaza watched in horror as the snowflake rushed towards him, giving him no time to dodge the attack. A split second later, Naaza was blasted off. (A/N: Looks like Team Rocket's flying off again! Sorry, wrong show.)
 
Descending down to the very injured Ryo, Imperial Sailor Mercury asked worriedly,
“Daijoubo desu ka, Rekka?”
 
Ryo smiled up weakly at her.
 
Frowning, Imperial Sailor Mercury instructed, “Get back up. I'll awaken Suiko.”
 
Ryo was about to protest, when Imperial Sailor Mercury shut him up with a glare,
“That's an order.” She barked.
 
Ryo nodded meekly and went back to shore.
 
Seeing his retreating back, Imperial Sailor Mercury turned around and shut her eyes, concentrating on Suiko's aura. Moments later, she smiled when she located him. Then, she took off further down into the water.
 
Coming down to the sleeping Shin, Imperial Sailor Mercury was not surprised to find that the fishes were trying to stop her by forming a wall.
 
Closing her eyes once more, Imperial Sailor Mercury's tiara disappeared and the Mercurain sign appeared on her forehead, burning brightly.
 
In response, the kanji “Shin” appeared on Shin's forehead. He knew that she was near.
 
Immediately, the fishes parted away, leaving a passage that led Imperial Sailor Mercury to the sleeping Shin.
 
The orca, which was guarding Shin as well, swam forward to the ice senshi, allowing her to stroke him.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury smiled gently at the giant killer whale, and then proceeded down to awaken Shin.
 
Once she landed, Imperial Sailor Mercury stood beside Shin's protective bubble orb. She knew she had to hurry; there was no knowing when Naaza will return.
 
The Mercury sign glowed once more on her forehead, this time much brighter. It reacted with both his kanji and his armor. Suiko no Shin was reawakened.
 
“Anhara…” Shin trailed, not knowing what else to say.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury smiled gently at him.
 
Offering her hand, she pulled him up, inquiring, “It's been a long time, hasn't it?”
 
Shin nodded silently.
 
Whipping around sharply, Imperial Sailor Mercury turned serious.
 
Seeing all of the dead fish, Shin inquired about what had happened.
 
“One word: Naaza.” Imperial Sailor Mercury answered grimly. “We have to hurry.
There's no knowing when Naaza will return.”
 
“And Ryo?” Shin asked.
 
She answered, “On shore. He got pretty injured by Naaza while reawakening Korin. I told him not to come down here, but being the stubborn mule that he is…”
 
Shin hid a snort in laughter and the two former lovers swam back up.
 
The moment their heads popped up from the water the pair leapt up into the air and landed on the bridge.
 
Turning their attention to the badly injured Ryo, who was with Jun and Byakuen,
Imperial Sailor Mercury quickly did a quick scan on the Rekka warrior.
 
Knowing that Ryo was taken care of, Shin jumped back into the water, intending to find and fight Naaza.
 
This time round, Naaza discovered that his poison has no effect on Shin since his armor was Suiko, which drew its power from water.
 
Using his yari, Shin grabbed Naaza and flipped him around. Naaza countered that attack and dragged the both of them out of the water on top of the bridge.
 
One of the steel cables was cut in the process, catching a gasoline truck. The waylaid cable caused the truck to overturn and explode.
 
Naaza's poison was now working on Shin. Firing a “Ja Ga Ken!” at Shin, the attack worked and Shin was blown off.
 
Meanwhile, Imperial Sailor Mercury had leapt up to join in the battle and Ryo's 'Jin' appeared once again.
 
Byakuen and Jun proceeded to drag Ryo over to the fire from the truck in order to help him recover.
 
Catching Suiko, Imperial Sailor Mercury carefully placed him on solid ground. Ticked off, the senshi turned and faced Doku no Naaza.
 
With her staff in front of her, Imperial Sailor Mercury removed the orb, which glowed brightly in her palm. Willing the staff handle away with a wave, Imperial Sailor Mercury placed the glowing orb between her palms.
 
Shin's eyes widened when he realized what she was about to do.
 
“Anhara, you can't.” he protested mildly.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury smiled sadly at him. Turning back to Naaza, she turned serious.
 
A cold gust of wind picked up around her, as the power of the orb grew stronger.
 
Naaza grew inpatient and fired a “Ja Ga Ken!” at her.
 
“Mercury Planet Annihilation!” she screamed, unleashing the orb's full power. She knew what the energy drain could do to her, but she did not care; she just wanted Naaza to be gone.
 
The magic surge was enough to blast Naaza down to the bridge road. Then, Imperial Sailor Mercury collapsed on the bridge top on fours, exhausted.
 
“Anhara!” Shin yelled, rushing to support the fallen Imperial Sailor Mercury.
 
The Imperial senshi smiled weakly at him and fainted in his arms, dehenshinning in the process.
 
“Help Rekka, Suiko.” Indivar told the warrior of Suiko. “I'll take care the Queen.”
Shin looked at the ice phoenix flying above and nodded.
 
Jumping down, he faced off with Naaza.
 
Meanwhile, Ryo was recharged and he stood up, staggering forward only to be knocked back down again.
 
Shin's kanji appeared once again on his forehead, this time more brightly than ever.
 
Removing his facemask, Shin summoned his sure kill: “Cho Ryu Ha”
 
Naaza tried to jump away but Ryo grabbed him from behind to stop him.
 
Using his surekill, Ryo combined his “So En Zan!"” with Shin's “Cho Ryu Ha” and the two surekills merged together, destroying the bridge, blasting Naaza back into the Netherworld. (A/N: Insert Team Rocket joke.)
 
After the smoke cleared, Shin was seen supporting Ryo who could barely stand.
Indivar landed beside Shin, with Anhara on his back.
 
Back in the throne room, Arago yelled at Naaza for his failure, and reminded them once again that they must not let all the Samurai Troopers reunite.
 
At this time, Anhara was stirring awake on Indivar's back.
 
“Remind me not to use that again.” She muttered groggily, getting off Indivar's back.
 
“You got that right.” Shin replied, chiding her.
 
Anhara smiled at him
 
From the bridge, they saw all the dead fish.
 
Jun commented that it would not be just the human world that would be hurt, but the animals will suffer as well.
 
Shin agreed, saying that everyone and everything will suffer should Arago win.
 
Ryo agreed, saying they have to stop Arago all costs.
 
Meanwhile, Nasuti and Seiji were driving in a snowy landscape heading north.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: So how was that?