Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Queen Mercury Revived ❯ Disc 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: I've put up Chapter 3 aka Disc 2. This is Chapter 4 or Disc 3. Before I begin the chapter proper, I want to thank the following reviewer.
 
Yami Flo: Basically, all of the Troopers remember the past, but only in bits and pieces. They had not gone to the stage where the Oni Mashos are revealed. They only know that the five are involved in protecting Queen Mercury. Anhara was taken from her crib when the Takamura manor was burnt down. She spent the first five years of her life in the Netherworld, training with the four Oni Mashos ever since she could walk. She escaped from the Netherworld when she was around five. Kaous found her and took her in. Anhara then spent the next six years regaining what Arago had stolen from her, namely her innocence. One year later, Setsuna plucked her out, teleporting her to the Sailors world, where not only are her powers sealed, so are her memories. Then, when Anhara was zapped back to the Troopers' world, she reverted back to her 15-year-old self. How, I do not know. But, it happened to Saturn, so why not?
 
Hopefully, this answers your questions.
 
(Looks around frantically, authoress screams, “Firecat Rekka, where are you?”)
 
Words in italics refer to thoughts, telepathic messages and flashbacks.
 
Disclaimers: I don't own any characters used in here. They belong to their rightful owners.
 
Chapter 4: Disc 3
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Episode 7: Enlightenment! Surekill Lightning Cut
 
Driving up, Nasuti commented on how high the mountain is.
 
Seiji kept getting the weird feeling that they were being watched. Wolves were watching the jeep and howling their reports back to Anubisu.
 
When the jeep could go no further, Seiji got off. Then, he told Nasuti to tell him where Shuu was and then ordered her to turn back.
 
Nasuti insisted on going but Seiji jumped up to a high cliff. Nasuti grumbled, but upon seeing the storm clouds that were quickly gathering, she wondered if Seiji was right.
 
Nasuti walked through the snowstorm only to find Seiji fighting off a pack of wolves.
 
He grabbed her and they escaped, with the wolves keeping pace with them.
 
Above, Anubis slashed through the snow at his feet, causing an avalanche.
 
Seiji jumped, pulling Nasuti out of the way of the rushing snow.
 
The wolves appeared to be buried underneath the snow.
 
They continued to where Shuu was.
 
They came to a large rock wrapped with holy Shinto charms. The rock was called "The Seat of God" and Nasuti firmly believed that Shuu was inside of it.
 
Before they could do anything, Anubisu revealed himself and attacked.
 
Seiji summoned Korin, parried off Anubisu's attack and turned to cut the rock. However, Korin Ken could not even scratch it.
 
He had, however, revealed Shuu's location to Anubisu and the Yami Masho thrust his own sword into the rock. Moving by itself, the sword slowly disappeared into the rock. Anubisu laughed and mockingly said that it will keep going until it pierced through Kongo's heart.
 
Anubis attacked yet again, this time with his claw.
 
Seiji kept parrying it and was slowly pushed backwards toward a cliff. Nasuti noticed this and rushed over to warn Seiji but the cliff broke apart and they both fell into the water.
 
As they fall, Seiji released his sword, putting both arms around Nasuti instead.
 
However, they did not fell into the water but somehow into a cave behind the waterfall.
 
Kaous 'appears' to them, telling Seiji that he must find his center to use the “Rai Ko Zan” to save Kongo. They both awakened, and Nasuti also heard Kaous's voice.
 
She volunteered to distract Anubisu to give Seiji the time to meditate.
 
Going back up to the snowy mountain, she yelled out the usual things about not losing, justice always winning, and that they will defeat Arago.
 
Seeing Kaous in the distance, Nasuti tried to call him but he vanished into thin air.
 
Then Anubisu appeared and began toying with her.
 
He hanged her in the waterfall, calling Korin to come out from wherever he was and save the girl.
 
Nasuti yelled out to Seiji to forget about her and just concentrate on saving Shuu.
 
Anubisu summons the cold , freezing the waterfall with Nasuti in it.
 
'Rei' appeared and Korin breaks the waterfall, saving Nasuti.
 
Korin Ken was glowing and motes of light trailed it.
 
Seiji deflected Anubisu's slash and summons his “Rai Ko Zan”, leaping high into the air and slashing the rock with his glowing sword.
 
They all stared at the rock, Anubisu landing on the rock, straddling the slice Korin's attack had made.
 
However, the stone began to shake and Anubisu jumped away, his sword shooting out and almost hitting a certain part of his anatomy. (A/N: Authoress smirks. Use your imagination people!)
 
Kongo came out, pushing apart the two halves of the rock.
 
As the trio drove back south, Shuu shared a mug of coffee with Nasuti.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Episode 8: Phantom Masho, Rajura's Scheme
 
In Arago's fortress, Rajura explained his plan in defeating the Troopers to Arago.
 
He made it known that Tenku no Touma was the smartest of the Troopers, aside from Anhara, and he planed on using that draw the others out.
 
He requested for permission to go and announced he would not fail, to which Shuten countered, replying that he had not done anything anyway by staying in the castle.
Rajura was then given permission to go.
 
Ryo, Shin, Byakuen, Jun and Anhara were walking to the meeting place. Indivar was flying in the sky above them.
 
Ryo looked over his shoulder at the arguing couple behind him and sighed. Sure, Shin and Queen Anhara did have several arguments in the past, but nothing as huge as the one they were having right now.
 
Looking down at Jun who was riding on Byakuen, Ryo said, “Come on Byakuen.”
 
Looking back at the still arguing couple, he continued, “Let's go. That could take a while.”
 
Back to Anhara and Shin, the topic two reunited couple was arguing about was always the same: Princess Serenity.
 
“You're still agonizing over that?” Shin exclaimed incredulously.
 
Anhara glared at him, “Well, you can't say she hadn't gotten to you that time!”
 
Shin racked his fingers through his hair, not coming up with a counter.
 
Anhara's glare intensified.
 
Finally, not getting an answer out of Shin, she yelled, “Indivar, my cloak!”
 
The golden condor gave a cry and dropped the cloak Anhara had dropped in Episode 2.
 
Slipping the cloth over her shoulders, Anhara fastened the cloak around her with a hidden pin. Then, before Shin knew anything else, Anhara had leaped up into the trees and disappeared.
 
Sighing, Shin continued running, catching up with Ryo. His mind flooded back to the incident where it all started the misunderstanding.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Flashback
 
Shin was stepping out of the locker room shower after an afternoon's training with the other Troopers. Wiping down, he got dressed and was about to pull a shirt over himself, when he felt someone tackle him.
 
Looking down, Shin saw that Princess Serenity had attached herself very possessively on his arm. (A/N: How in the seven heavens' did she get into the boys' changing room is
beyond the authoress's knowledge.)
 
Tsuki no Hime, can you please detach yourself?” Shin requested calmly.
 
Princess Serenity looked up at him, with watery innocent eyes.
 
Why?” she asked, pleadingly.
 
Shin blushed slightly, “Because I need to finish ...”
 
Before he could get the sentence out proper, Princess Serenity had pulled him down into a kiss.
 
Meanwhile, Queen Anhara was patiently waiting outside for Shin. Deciding that he was taking too long, she headed into the changing room.
 
The moment she stepped into the door, the sight before her, shocked the ice queen.
 
Right before her eyes, Princess Serenity and Suiko no Shin were engaged in what would had looked like a passionate lip-lock.
 
Furious, Queen Anhara gave the startled Shin a glare. Then, she took off a split second later, tears of hurt and betrayal threatening to overflow.
 
Finally giving Princess Serenity a hard shove that got her off him, Suiko no Shin ran out after his devastated lover.
 
Princess Serenity was pushed roughly to the wooden bench. Scowling slightly, she then smirked, as she knew her plan to drive a wedge between the couple had succeeded.
 
When he rushed back to the Marine Castle, Shin noticed that almost half of the palace was in solid ice; that could only mean one thing, Queen Anhara was either very upset or extremely ticked off.
 
Shin had recalled, the last time the palace ground was covered in thick ice was the time when Queen Anhara had overheard Princess Serenity boasting to a servant-girl, saying,
 
“Anhara does not deserve Suiko no Shin, because I'm the only one who can have a lover. I'll do anything to break the two apart, because I'm the High Princess of the Silver Alliance and every guy would want me. Shin will come to his senses and leave Anhara, just to be with me.”
 
Anhara was outraged and had stormed over to the library, where Shin had agreed to wait for her.
 
Before he could ask anything, Anhara had let out a string of accusations, including the sentence in the end, “If you want that conniving bitch so much, just go to her, because we are through!”
 
Shin winced at the memory, it had took quite a long while for Anhara to forgive him.
 
During that time, he had tried all ways to pacify her, insisting that she was the only one in his heart.
 
Not knowing what else to do, Shin headed towards Queen Anhara's room.
 
He was within a couple of steps of arriving at her doorstep, when a hand was placed on his shoulder.
 
Turning around, Shin saw Ryo behind him, shaking his head.
 
I don't think you want to, Shin. The Queen is mighty upset right now.” The Rekka warrior explained.
 
Shin, however, held a determined look in his eyes. “I know why, and I'm going to fix it.”
 
Ryo looked at him sympathetically, “Princess Serenity again huh?”
 
Shin sighed in resignation and nodded.
 
Ryo shook his head and patted Shin's shoulder in encouragement, “Then, I wish you the best of luck, buddy.”
 
Shin let out a strained smile, “Thanks, I think.” He muttered at the retreating back of Ryo.
 
Taking in a deep breath, Shin was about to knock, when Queen Anhara's voice was heard from the room.
 
You're not welcome here, Suiko. Get away from my domain before I turn you into an eternal ice statue.” She threatened, her voice having a steel edge in it.
 
Shin mentally winced at the formality.
 
Anhara...” he began.
 
The temperature of the room dropped drastically.
 
Do. Not. Anhara. Me.” Queen Anhara said, adding ice to the steely tone of her voice.
 
“You've lost that privilege ever since you pulled that stunt with that deceiving Moon Princess.”
 
Shin frowned, then argued, “I didn't' kiss her! Serenity kissed me!” he protested.
 
Then why didn't you stop her?” came the question.
 
Shin was speechless at the simple question. She was right, why didn't he stop the Tsuki no hime in the first place?
 
Just get out.” Queen Anhara commanded, grief finally overtaking her.
 
Shin said nothing and left silently. After that, Queen Anhara finally burst out crying.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Shin sighed, there was no point in thinking about it right now, for they had to find Tenku no Touma.
 
You picked that fight on purpose didn't you, My Queen? Indivar asked mentally.
 
Anhara smiled sadly. You know me too well, Indivar. She answered. In truth, Anhara had long forgiven Shin for that.
 
Why? Came the simple question.
 
Because he won't accept me for what I am now. She said.
 
Indivar gave a mental nod in understanding.
 
In this lifetime, Anhara was half Mercurain, a quarter human and a quarter demon. She would morph into a female demon on the first night of a full moon, which coincidentally was tonight. And to add to injury, Anhara had a permanent scar, running diagonally from the back of her right shoulder blade to the upper part of her left hip. This was given curtsey from Arago. That 13-inch scar was attributed to one of the most extreme whippings Arago ever executed. The thousands of hits from a fiery cat-o'-nine-tails almost killed her, leaving that scar as a constant reminder that Arago was only using her for his means.
 
Do not doubt the power of true love, My Queen. Indivar advised.
 
Anhara sighed, Arigato Indivar.
 
Indivar gave a wise smile and exited from her mind.
 
Anhara let out a resigned sigh, Gomen yo Shin-ko. Demo I hope you understand.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Back to Nastui, Shuu and Seiji…
 
Nastui was going over the poem, trying to figure out Tenku no Touma's location.
 
The riddle about Tenku no Touma's origin was quite hard to decipher.
 
Shuu cracked his knuckles, saying he could take on the whole Netherworld alone, but Nastui reminded him that all five were needed to defeat Arago.
 
The two groups were intending to meet at Tembashi, near Lake Biwa.
 
They have to find Tenku no Touma and they figured he must be near Kyoto.
 
Ryo, Shin, Byakuen, Jun and Anhara arrived at the meeting place first.
 
Jun entered one of the numerous temples in the historic part of the city.
 
The room was lit by candles.
 
Shin explained that they will remain lit forever because it was a sacred place.
 
While Jun remained in the temple, Ryo and Shin stood outside, discussing the whereabouts of Tenku no Touma.
 
Ryo was about to get to the point about Touma and temples, when Shin came up with another theory about Touma being locked up in a Buddha.
 
Turning his glance up on a tree, Ryo looked at Anhara.
 
“If I remember correctly, it was the Safiastra that blasted us off.” He commented.
 
Shin nodded in agreement, turning his attention at the solitude senshi.
 
“If you two think I know where Tenku is, then you're sorely mistakened.” Anhara answered coolly.
 
“And as you've said, Rekka, it was the Safiastra that cast the five of you off. I have no control over where it sent all of you to.” She added.
 
Ryo and Shin nodded in understanding.
 
Forming a crystal ball idly, Anhara smiled when the orange kanji of Gi glowed within the ball.
 
“Smile guys. We have Kongo.” She announced.
 
Shin and Ryo brightened up, “Shuu's been revived?”
 
Anhara nodded, a happy smile on her face for the first time.
 
Then, Anhara frowned, her senses went on high alert.
 
“Indivar, get Jun out of there.” She instructed.
 
The condor cast an understanding look at his Queen and flew into the shrine's entrance.
 
“Minna, busho.” She instructed the two warriors next.
 
“Doushite, Your Highness?” Ryo asked.
 
“Rajura is here.” She spat. “It's as if I could smell him.”
 
Ryo and Shin looked at each other and nodded. They knew that Anhara's senses were right most of the time.
 
“Busho, Rekka!” came Ryo call.
 
Shin was next, “Busho, Suiko!”
 
Anhara was right, Rajura was present in the shrine. Luckily, Indivar got Jun out before he could lay his hands on the boy.
 
“Very smart and sharp.” Rajura complimented Anhara.
 
“Why thank you.” Anhara retorted sarcastically.
 
Frowning at the blue-haired ninja, Rajura commented, “I have no idea why Arago-sama wants you back after you betrayed him.”
 
“I can answer that.” Anhara said. “Because I have something he wants.”
 
In the midst of the conversation, Rekka no Ryo and Suiko no Shin had already jumped up on the shrine roof, both in battling stances.
 
Scowling, Gen no Rajura readied to battle the two.
 
The battle was evenly matched, until Rajura pulled off his surekill skill: Tochimou.
 
Trapping the two Troopers within the spider webs, Rajura then announced that he had captured Tenku no Touma and if they want to see their friend, they must follow him to Sendai. Then, he vanished along with the webs.
 
Ryo and Shin raced after the Oni Masho, with Anhara and Indivar in tow.
 
Upon arriving in Sendai, Ryo questioned, “Could this be the `stream of the sky' in the poem?”
 
Beside him, Shin answered, “Could be. This is the highest point in Japan.”
 
“Legends also say that this is where the sky meets the earth.” Anhara added, from her position on a tree branch, above Shin.
 
Pushing herself off her leaning position, Anhara commanded, “Minna, let's go.”
 
The two Troopers nodded and the trio took off, with Indivar in the sky.
 
Upon seeing Tenku no Touma in the distance, captured by youja soldiers.
 
Ryo and Shin was about to busho to free Touma, when Anhara, with arms stretched out, stopped them. She knew it was a trap; an illusion created by Rajura.
 
Ignoring their protesting shouts, Anhara willed out the Safiastra. The youja soldiers surrounding her took a step backwards.
 
The Mercurain sign burning brightly on Anhara's forehead, she turned from girl to Queen.
 
Afterwards, the Safiastra activated itself, annihilating every single youja soldier with a wave of pure energy. The captured `Touma' was revealed as Rajura in disguise.
 
Letting out a small smile of satisfaction, Anhara dehenshinned from Queen to her mortal form. Then, she collapsed on all fours, heaving in exhaustion.
 
Rajura smirked, before laughing knowingly. “Now I know why Arago-sama wants you back, little traitoress. The crystal you possess can greatly further Arago-sama's ambitions.”
 
“Rajura, you want her, you have to go through us!” Rekka of Ryo announced.
 
Suiko no Shin nodded in agreement as the two jumped in front of the weakened Anhara.
 
Rajura laughed once more. Then, he disappeared.
 
Rekka no Ryo yelled to Shin to look out for his tricks. Turning back, Ryo saw the Oni Masho. Or so, it seemed. In actual fact, that was another of Rajura's tricks, making the two warriors believe that the other was him, forcing them into using their surekill skills on each other.
 
Anhara watched in silent horror as her two protectors unknowingly fell for Rajura's illusion.
 
In one last ditch of effort, she willed her planetary symbol to shine on her forehead, thus reacting with both Rekka and Suiko's kanjis and yoroi.
 
Then, just as Shin and Ryo were about strike the other, their respective kanjis started to glow, in response to Anhara's call.
 
Eyes widening in utter horror upon the realization that he was about to hit his own teammate, both Shin and Ryo ceased fire. At that moment, the illusion was broken.
 
Rajura cursed, he had not known that Anhara had that trick up her sleeve.
 
Turning his attention to the greatly weakened Anhara, he was about to take her when Seiji and Shuu came in.
 
Telling both Shin and Ryo to look after the Queen, Seiji and Shuu went to seek out the Oni Masho of Illusions.
 
Rajura then attempted to pull the same trick on the two warriors.
 
Pitting Korin no Seiji and Kongo no Shuu against each other, Rajura watched on the sidelines, amused.
 
His illusion was about to succeed, when Seiji noticed the scar on the ground was caused not by Rajura's Chi Lin Tou, but by Shuu's Nunchaku.
 
Realizing that they were tricked, Seiji stopped fighting, putting complete trust in his yoroi to protect him.
 
Shuu attacked anyway, injuring Seiji unknowingly. With Korin down, Shuu finally noticed that he had fallen his teammate.
 
Then, he noted the presence of the real Rajura, who had came out to gloat.
 
His anger erupting, Shuu unleashed his `Gan Tessai' on Rajura, blowing him away.
 
Arago was, of course, definitely not pleased with the result.
 
With tears in his eyes, Shuu picked up the unconscious Seiji and headed back.
 
Back at camp, Shuu placed the unconscious Seiji in the care of Jun.
 
Then, turning to the still recovering Anhara, he knelt down on one knee, intending to repeat the apology speech all over again.
 
Anhara sighed in resignation, before ordering Shuu to shut up and get up.
 
“It isn't your fault, Kongo.” She said firmly.
 
Turning her attention to the other three, she added softly, “It isn't anyone's fault, minna.”
 
“Demo, Your Highness…” Ryo protested.
 
Anhara glared at the Rekka warrior, “Do not make me repeat myself, Rekka.” She warned.
 
Ryo nodded, “Of course, Your Highness.”
 
As night fell, the four Troopers rested, intending to recover their strength.
 
Ryo noticed a falling star and it suddenly dawned on him that Touma was not on Earth.
 
"Tenku" meant Firmament; as in night sky. Tenku equated to the stratosphere!
 
The major problem was that Touma was in space, making it hard for the rest of the Troopers since they had no idea how to reach him.
 
Anhara smiled mysteriously, before disappearing into the shadows. It was time for her transformation.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Episode 9: Rekka's Rescue of Tenku
 
The gang was camped out along the seashore, discussing how to get to Touma.
 
In the midst of their argument about who goes and how, Kento commented that if they could not reach Touma, then neither can Arago.
 
Ryo yelled at him for underestimating their enemy.
 
In space, Touma was able to sense his four friends, but like Seiji and Shin, he could not reply.
 
At the same time, Touma was also able to sense the presence of Queen Mercury. Smiling softly, he sighed mentally in relief, knowing that she was safe.
 
Back to the revived Troopers, it was Shin who noticed that Anhara was missing.
 
Ryo waved his worries aside, saying that the Queen was most probably fed up with their bickering and had gone off for fresh air.
 
Shin, being empathic, was not too sure. Getting up, he told the three that he would find
Anhara and for them to continue their discussion without him.
 
Meanwhile, Anhara had found the perfect spot. It was a thicket, quite far from the campsite.
 
There, she had no worries about anyone finding out.
 
The moment the full moon shone on her, Anhara let out a heart-wrenching scream in pain, as she started to mutate. A pair of black bat-like wings spouted from her back, her blood dripping from the reopened wound. Her pupils turned from blue to silvery white and miniature fangs appeared in her mouth. Her fingernails grew longer, sharpened into claws.
 
Finally, her clothes melted off, replaced a tight-fitting black leather helther-top and a miniature black leather skirt.
 
A gasp in shock alerted the newly mutated Anhara. Snapping her head sharply towards the direction, Anhara's eyes widened, when she saw it was none other than Shin himself. (A/N: How he found her was beyond me.)
 
Still in shock at being discovered, a frightening thought came to Anhara's mind. How much has he seen?
 
(A/N: Everyone… 1, 2, 3. Uh oh!)
 
“Anhara?” Shin asked, skeptical.
 
“Shin...” she whispered, still weak from her energy drain from before and her mutation.
 
Rushing to her side, the still shell-shocked Shin supported the mutated Anhara, asked softly,
 
“Daijoubo desu ka, Anhara-ko?”
 
Anhara smiled weakly at him, not answering.
 
Settling down under a tree, Shin sat on the grassy ground and encased her in a hug.
 
Anhara stiffened at the touch, but gradually melted when Shin started massaging her sore muscles. The blood had dried, flaking off her back.
 
After a while, she finally breathed out, “I suppose you want an explanation.”
 
Shin looked down at her, Anhara's head resting gently on his right shoulder.
 
“I do need one, but are you up for it?” he asked.
 
“Hai.” Anhara answered.
 
Taking a deep breath, she started.
 
“I'm half Mercurain, a quarter human and a quarter demon. Arago is my otou-san.” She admitted. Shin's eyes widened in shock, “Nande?” he exclaimed.
 
Anhara smiled regrettably. “Now you know why I kept pushing you away.”
 
“But I defied him.” She continued.
 
“The Takamura fire was no accident. Arago was the one who set fire to the manor, killing everyone, including my okaa-san. Then, he had one of his youja soldiers carry me away.”
 
“Demo, why would he want you alive?” Shin asked, curious.
 
“He has a need for the Safiastra's powers. I have no idea how, but somehow, he knew exactly when I would be reborn. Thus, he raped okaa-san, and I'm the end result.”
 
Shin blinked, shocked again.
 
“He kept me in the Netherworld for five years.” Anhara continued. “Then, when he gave me this” she said, looking down at her back, part of her scar exposed, “I knew I couldn't live with it any longer. I ran.”
 
Trailing a tender finger down the exposed scar, Shin muttered, “Kami, Anhara-ko. I had no idea.”
 
Anhara smiled softly, the painful memory still afresh in her mind. “That punishment that left me this scar almost killed me.”
 
Shutting her eyes, she continued her account, “I ran. Arago sent his troops after me, intending on forcing me back to the Netherworld. Then, I was saved, by Kaous.”
 
“Kaous?” Shin asked, interested. “Isn't he the one who…”
 
“Handed the yoroi to the Troopers?” Anhara finished.
 
Shin nodded.
 
“He is also my adopted father.” Anhara said, adding another surprise.
 
“Under his care, I used the next six years regaining what Arago had stolen from me, namely my innocence.”
 
“Then, one year later, Pluto appeared, zapping me to the Sailors' world, where both my powers and memories were sealed off, until now.” Anhara finished.
 
“You went back to the Senshi's world?” Shin asked. “For what?”
 
“Tsuki no hime protecting.” Anhara answered, sighing.
 
“Now that the Senshi's last enemy is gone, Kaous took me back here.” She said.
 
Looking up at him, Anhara smiled, “To find you guys.” She finished.
 
“Demo, the age difference….” Shin trailed, not knowing how to continue.
 
“The moment I stepped back here, I reverted back to my 15-year-old self. I have no idea how.” Anhara said, shrugging.
 
“When will your… mutation last?” Shin asked.
 
“It should be gone by tomorrow morning, most of the time.” Anhara muttered, answering.
 
Shin raised an eyebrow, “Most of the time?”
 
Anhara sighed and nodded, “Tomorrow afternoon at most.”
 
Shin smiled at her, then turned serious, “It's getting late, we'd better get some sleep.” He said.
 
Anhara nodded in agreement.
 
Minutes later, Anhara dozed off on Shin's shoulder, with him still under her. Not releasing her from his hug, Shin's head dropped inches from Anhara's, as he too fell asleep.
 
Aishiteru Shin-ko and arigato for understanding. Was Anhara's last thought.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Back at camp…
 
The three remaining Troopers split into two teams, one going to find Arago and the other going back to the city.
 
Shuu and Ryo wanted to go find Arago, only to be shot down by Seiji.
 
Seiji and Shuu argued over the decision, Seiji commented that Kento only wants to fight.
 
Nastui finally decided that Seiji and Shin would go to Arago.
 
In Arago's castle, the Oni Mashos teased Rajura about his failure.
 
Arago appeared, telling them that he had a plan to get rid of the warrior of Tenku.
 
Back at camp, while the others went to sleep, Ryo got up and started off with Byakuen when Shuu tripped him by grabbing his ankle.
 
Shuu looked at him, with innocent eyes and said, "Ryo, you won't be leaving now. Without me?"
 
To which, Ryo replied, "Uh…I guess not." and they two head for Shinjuku.
 
Deep within Arago's castle, the Oni Mashos had been summoned to witness the "birth" of
 
Arago's newest servants, the Ankoku Priests or Nether Spirits, from the lava pits in the lowest level of the castle.
 
The Ankoku Priests had the ability of shape energy and they will form into an energy ball, knocking Tenku out of the sky.
 
The next day, Shin and Anhara awoke in each other's arms. Turning back, Anhara heaved a sigh in relief when she saw her mutation was gone. Getting off Shin, she patted herself down.
 
Meanwhile, Shin was already up, stretching himself to the fullest.
 
Getting back to camp, the group decided to follow Ryo and Shuu into the city.
 
Meanwhile, Ryo and Shuu were fighting youja soldiers on rooftops and were running past them.
 
The Oni Mashos sensed the intrusion and they wanted to go after Rekka and Kongo, but Arago wanted them to be patient.
 
The two Troopers were heading towards the building where the energy ball was being created and was being blocked by youja soldiers.
 
In Nasuti's car, Anhara gasped when she felt the presence of the Ankoku Priests.
 
“Nande?” she questioned softly, not believing what she had felt.
 
Shin, who was beside her, asked, “Anhara?”
 
The girl sucked in a gasp of air and answered, “Arago had somehow summoned the Ankoku Priests.”
 
Seiji was confused, “Ankoku Priests?”
 
Anhara nodded, “Spirits born purely from the Netherworld itself.”
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Back to the two `missing' Troopers…
 
Ryo and Shuu watched in shock as the deadly energy ball headed off into orbit.
 
Kaous also noticed it and used the power of the staff to force it to drop into the ocean.
 
Ryo then figured that he could hitch a ride on the next energy ball and hopefully reach Touma first before Arago did.
 
Arago finally powered up sending Shuten to stop Rekka and Kongo.
 
After the Oni Mashos were dismissed, Arago burst out laughing, saying that Shuten may find himself expendable.
 
As the two Troopers broke into the skyscraper, they heard Shuten's laughter. The two Troopers ended up fighting the Oni Masho of Cruelty.
 
Shuten was determined not lose this time and he fought back, hard.
 
The building began to shake with the energy ball's power.
 
Energy was being flung everywhere and Shuten got caught in the energy maelstrom.
 
However, instead of dying, he managed to absorb the power, becoming super-charged.
 
Driven partly insane by the experience and the great power, he went all out and the two
Troopers were not a match for him.
 
Just as the energy ball started to rise, Ryo jumped on and began sinking into it.
 
Ryo was headed skyward inside the energy ball.
 
Finally, Shin, Seiji, Jun, Nasuti and Anhara arrived at the scene, only to be met by Shuu, who told them that Ryo was up there.
 
They all looked up at the ascending energy ball.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
SailorStar9: So how was that?