Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Queen Mercury Revived ❯ Disc 5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Before I begin the chapter proper, I want to thank the following reviewers.
Yami Flo: (Raises eyebrow) Did I? (Rushes back to check) Whoops. (Blushes sheepishly) Episode 13 wasn't supposed to be there. Guess I wasn't thinking when I put that up. About me disliking Usagi, I have to agree with Sailor Element (user id: 239019) here. Just because the anime is titled Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, does not necessarily mean that the other senshi's love lives are neglected. I think it's because I'm a Libra, since I consider it quite unfair for Usagi to have all the love in the series. I mean, she has her whole family intact and a boyfriend who loves her to bits, discounting the fact that he DID break up with her over a dream. But then, it was to keep her safe.
The main reason for Princess Serenity to act in the way portrayed in the flashback is because of jealously. Yup, the green-eyed monster. I mean, the other planetary princesses have found their soulmates; Princess Serenity is the only one without one. Won't she feel jealous?
 
You're joking right? One of your favorite authors is Heroine of the Valley? I like her fics too! In fact, I have her user id address on my favorites' list! I like Mystical Jade too, although her pairings are a bit different; pairing Shuu with Usagi and Touma with Minako.
 
Firecat Rekka: My, you sure like conflicts, don't you? Your pairings are weird. Seiji/Rei I can take. But, Makoto/Ryo? I was going O.o when I read that. Whee, another Minako/Shuu. Obviously, you've read Kourui's (User id: 30769) The Other Lover.
 
And finally pairings votes! (For the time being)
 
Seiji/Makoto: 1 (Yami Flo)
 
Seiji/Rei: 1 (Firecat Rekka)
 
Shuu/Minako: 2 (A/N: This pairing is going into the `Confirmed Pairings' list.) (Yami Flo, Firecat Rekka)
 
Ryo/Makoto: 1(Firecat Rekka)
 
Ryo/Rei: 1(Yami Flo)
 
Naaza/Michiru: 1(Yami Flo)
 
Rajura/Haruka: 1(Yami Flo)
 
SailorStar9: You two are making this really difficult for me, you know? (Feels a migraine coming on.) I need Panadol.
 
BTW: Voting ends by Disc 7.
 
Disclaimers: If I owned them, will I be writing, or in this case typing fics about them?
 
Chapter 6: Disc 5
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Episode 13: Mystic Armor's True Nature
 
Shuu was wandering around, alone, when he hears footsteps approaching.
 
Tensing up, Shuu turned towards the direction, only to see Touma appearing from the shadows.
 
Shuu was relieved to see a fellow comrade but got suspicious, as he wondered if Touma was real and not an enemy.
 
The archer smiled and countered with, “Carelessness like this will eventually get you into trouble.”
 
Then, he added, “We have to get out of here.”
 
Shuu blinked for a moment, before deciding that Touma was indeed real.
 
Back in Arago's castle, Arago was having another meeting with the Oni Mashos.
 
Finally, he sent Rajura to deal with Kongo no Shuu.
 
The plan was for Rajura to manipulate and cause doubt in the mind of Kongo no Shuu.
 
Rajura then departed, delighted, to carry out his orders.
 
Below, Shuu and Touma were faced killer subway trains racing towards them on opposite tracks.
 
Jumping upwards to escape, the pair was carried off in opposite directions, separated.
 
Shuu landed on top of one train, and Touma landed on the other.
 
Moments after losing sight of Shuu, Touma managed to grab a pipe in the ceiling.
 
Hanging on while the runaway train thundered down the railway, Touma began to wonder why he was not attacked. It was not long before it dawned on him that the Netherworld was not after him, but Shuu was the target.
 
The train had carried Shuu away from Touma.
 
It was not long before Shuu discovered that the entire train was filled youja soldiers.
 
The soldiers started punching and slicing the roof, trying to get a hit on Shuu when he jumped inside and started beating them all up.
 
He was too busy fighting the soldiers to notice the train was running full speed into a bunch of rubble blocking the tracks.
 
When the train finally stopped, Shuu was thrown forward from the roof.
 
When he got up, Shuu found himself in a hot, parched landscape where two samurai-led armies were fighting each other.
 
Shuu then believed he had been thrown back in time for a moment.
 
He then heard Arago's voice and then noticed an army approaching. Then the four forms of the Oni Mashos rose out from the ground before him.
 
Arago then claimed that the Troopers' yoroi all belonged to him originally and that it was Kaous who had stolen it from him.
 
Arago then tempted Shuu to join the Netherworld since the origins of his Kongo yoroi were evil.
 
Then, the forms of the other four Troopers rose out of the ground as well.
 
Shuu then refused profusely after hearing enough.
 
After that, the forms of the Troopers launched an attack, and would not stop despite Kongo's shouts.
 
Shuu was then forced to fight and he striked them all down.
 
Just as he bent over the Rekka yoroi, wanting to know if Ryo was all right.
 
The form then turned in Gen no Rajura.
 
Rajura then attacked Shuu and began messing with his mind as Rajura projected an image of Shuu as an Oni Masho, leading one of Arago's armies.
 
Rajura then showed more illusions, emphasizing that the Troopers' yoroi were evil and that they would be glorious if they work for the Netherworld.
 
Rajura attacked, forcing Kongo no Shuu to fight back, causing Rajura to retreat.
 
Shuu was now experiencing a massive amount of self-doubt and was uncertain of himself.
 
He was haunted by the vision of himself as an Oni Masho as Arago's voice taunted him, saying that even when fighting against Arago, the destruction his anger has been his favor.
 
Shuu's doubts about himself began to block the yoroi from himself.
 
In a bottled up rage, Shuu blasted Rajura out the illusion, creating a huge crater in the middle of the road.
 
Meanwhile, Touma was looking for Shuu, when he heard the noise.
 
Rushing towards the scene, the archer was shocked to see the demolished road with Shuu in the middle of the rubble.
 
Questioning Shuu, Touma's suspicion was confirmed by Shuu's answer.
 
Rajura was very pleased with himself.
 
Arago then decided that Shuten would be the next to face the Troopers and Rajura was enraged as he had done such a good job.
 
Meanwhile, Anhara frowned when her crystal ball flashed, Taking out the orb, she gasped when the orange light kanji of Gi dimmed.
 
Kongo. She gasped. Are we losing him?
 
As the episode drew to a close, a vision of Shuten in the lava pits in the lowest level of the castle, screaming in pain as the Nether spirits floated above him and sending waves of energy and lava through him.
 
Meanwhile, back at the Time Gates, Sailor Pluto was watching Anhara's progress in awe and understanding.
 
She was held in awe because of Anhara's reaction to the Holy Grail. Unlike what had happened to Serenity-hime, Anhara did not pass out from the Sacred Cup's sheer power.
 
She is indeed the most powerful senshi amongst us. The Time Guardian mused. But why didn't she faint like Serenity-hime? Did we interpret the legend wrong? (A/N: Authoress waits patiently for Moonies to flame her for saying that Mercury is the most powerful senshi.)
 
“No, you didn't.” came a reassuring voice from the mists.
 
Sailor Pluto smiled knowingly at the voice.
 
“Why is that, Cronos?” she asked.
 
The Time God appeared from the mists, “It's because you've only heard of the first half of the legend.”
 
He added wisely, “The legend speaks of a champion and a princess as the Cup's bearer. But, it's a warrior and a Queen who is destined to wield the Holy Grail's true powers.”
 
Sailor Pluto gasped in understanding, “So, Serenity-hime was only meant to safe-guard the Grail, while the Holy Grail itself belongs to Queen Anhara.”
 
Cronos chuckled lowly and nodded, before disappearing back into the Mists of the Time Gates.
 
The main reason why Anhara was crowned Queen at such a young age was to overcome Queen Serenity's mind-wrap by the Ginzuishou's powers.
 
Sailor Pluto now understood why Mercury was the most powerful senshi. The Gods had given her the powers to prevent Queen Serenity's legacy from reoccurring through her daughter.
 
Remember that it is always the victor that writes the history books. The former Queen of Pluto had always told her daughter.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
In the past, every ruler of the planets was equal in authority, until Queen Serenity came into the picture.
 
Queen Serenity's Ginzuishou had grown from its earthly holdings to complete the
conquest of the solar system. Thus, Pax Imperium had spread: the peace of the
Empire. The very nature of the Imperium demanded that all those perceived lower in their eyes to pay their tithes to their new masters. The Silver Imperium was absolute everywhere and everyone bowed down to Serenity's will.
 
The `so-called' peace, however, was only conferred to the nobles and those of royal blood. The peasants received none of the promised peace.
 
Enraged by Queen Serenity's insolence and total disregard of innocent lives, the High Council of the Gods then did something unexpected; they had given the next heir of Mercury, an insignificant planet in Queen Serenity's rule, a small faction of each of their powers and abilities. Thus, putting all hopes on the petite princess, they sent her forth to her birth planet.
 
Many seers had foretold and warned Queen Serenity of the coming a planetary princess who will overthrow her. The Moon Queen had waved off their warnings aside, for she firmly believed that she will rule all for eternity.
 
Then, one day, a cloaked figure appeared within the courts of Queen Serenity. To which, he brought this warning: Descendent of Selene, the Goddess of the Moon, your actions have enraged the High Deities. Be repentant, or suffer the consequences.
 
The Moon Queen had frowned sternly at the forbearing warning. With a wave of her hand, the cloaked male was heralded out to be executed; his crime: speaking ill of the Queen.
 
That action itself, had deepened the Gods' hatred for the Moon Queen, for the cloaked male was only a messenger they had sent to give her one last chance.
 
From that moment on, they were more determined than ever to put an end to Queen Serenity's rule.
 
When Princess Anhara was born, there were many celebrations in the entire kingdom.
Queen Serenity, too, paid a visit to the new-born. The sheer brilliance of the infant's aura shocked her, for it was more than enough to overpower the Ginzuishou's powers.
 
Warning bells rang in her mind as she remembered what the seers had told her.
 
Still ignorant of her future downfall, the White Moon Queen waved the obvious warnings aside, as she was confident that Princess Anhara will fall to the mind-control of the Ginzuishou, just like everybody else.
 
However, as Princess Anhara matured, Queen Serenity found that the Ginzuishou's powers did nothing to her. It was as if the Mercury Princess was immune to the Ginzuishou's mind-control. In actual fact, the High Council of the Gods had been protecting the ice princess ever since she was conceived.
 
Then, when Princess Anhara took over the crown of Mercury, she immediately announced that Mercury will break off from the Silver Alliance. She, alone, knew the horrors of Queen Serenity's supremacy and what it had done to her people.
 
After the announcement, the Mercurains rejoiced, years of bondage and slavery under the White Moon's rule was finally over.
 
Back on the Moon, Queen Serenity fumed angrily, for she had lost one planet under her rule, insignificant or not. Right after Queen Anhara's announcement, Queen Serenity immediately labeled her as a traitor and no one was to make any form of communication to Mercury.
 
However, still hoping to salvage the situation, Queen Serenity paid a visit to the newly-crowned Queen, in an attempt to bring Mercury back under her control.
 
Young as she was, Queen Anhara was also wise.
 
Bringing out the contract her mother had signed years ago, she immediately pointed out the wordings in fine print.
 
It had stated that: Once a Queen is newly crowned, she can make the decision whether or not to be part of the Silver Alliance.
 
Queen Serenity stared back at her, stunned beyond words. She had not expected that the new Queen would know so much about the contract.
 
Still not backing off, Queen Serenity threatened Mercury with war, before storming off the palace halls.
 
After Queen Serenity's threat, the new Queen Anhara sank to the ground in despair, she knew even the Safiastra was not a match for Queen Serenity's Ginzuishou and the armies of the other three Inner planets.
 
Just then, the Safiastra shone from its position from the crystal room, blinding the depressed Queen.
 
When the light died down, nine different colored orbs hovered above her, before settling in front of Queen Anhara.
 
Each glowing their respective colors, the nine orbs burst into full light, revealing to Queen Anhara, nine warriors in yoroi.
 
When the light finally died down, all nine warriors knelt down in front of the astonished Queen Anhara.
 
The one in red said, “I'm Rekka no Ryo, the leader of the Samurai Troopers.”
 
Another warrior, obviously older, added, “I'm Shuten Doji, bearer of the Oni yoroi. I'm the leader of the Oni Mashos.”
 
Then, in unison, the nine warriors chorused, “The nine of us have been instructed by Kaous to protect and aid you, Queen Anhara.”
 
Recovering her composure, Queen Anhara nodded in acknowledgement. Then, kneeling down at their level, she said softly, “Onegai minna, get up.”
 
Grunts later, all nine armored warriors stood up. Now, Queen Anhara had a good look at all of them. Five were about her age, much younger than the other four.
 
Onegai, tell me your names.” She requested.
 
All nine nodded and introductions begun.
 
Rekka no Ryo. My full name is Sanada Ryo.”
 
Tenku no Touma. My full name is Hashiba Touma.”
 
Korin no Seiji. My real name is Date Seiji.”
 
Kongo no Shuu. My full name is Shuu Rei Fuan.”
 
Suiko no Shin. My full name is Mouri Shin.”
 
After that, the five chorused, “The five of us are the Samurai Troopers.”
 
Queen Anhara nodded and then turned to the Oni Mashos.
 
I'm Shuten Doji, bearer of the Oni yoroi.”
 
I'm Rajura. I bear the Gen yoroi.”
 
I'm Naaza, bearer of the Duko yoroi.”
 
I'm Anbuisu. I bear the Yami yoroi.”
 
At that, the four added in unison, “The four of us are the Oni Mashos.”
 
And thus, it was the first meeting of Queen Anhara with her nine warriors.
 
Queen Serenity did stay true to her threat, for not long after, she sent her troops and the armies of the other three Inner planets to wage war on Mercury.
 
The prowess of the nine warriors was demonstrated during that battle. Each using their sure-kill skills, had fallen numerous enemy troops. Even the peasants who had been subjected to slavery under Queen Serenity's rule had also taken arms to defend their empire and their new Queen.
 
Almost three days later, Queen Serenity's troops were driven out of Mercury's territory and obit.
 
With the war over, Queen Anhara was finally able to breathe a sigh in relief. Turning her attention to the nine exhausted warriors, she immediately instructed the palace servants to take them to the resting chambers.
 
Retiring back to the crystal room, Queen Anhara activated the Safiastra's protective barriers around the entire planet of Mercury, lest Queen Serenity should decide to attack again.
 
Back on the Moon, Queen Serenity seethed silently. Not only had her intended conquest of Mercury failed terribly, she was also shocked by the appearance of the nine legendary warriors in yoroi. She knew about the yoroi's legend and of their bearers. What she had not anticipated was that they would appear to oppose her! The Queen of the White Moon of all people!
 
***************************************************************** **********************
14. Shuten, Spirit Torn by Inner Strife
 
Deep inside Arago's castle, Oni no Shuten was being tortured by the Ankoku Priests under Arago's supervision.
 
Gritting his teeth in obvious pain, Shuten tired to resist the power of Ankoku Priests.
 
Then, his kanji `Chu' appeared on his forehead.
 
Then, something inside Shuten snapped as the Ankoku Priests then intensified their energy and he absorbed the energy, blowing away the lava along with Ankoku Priests.
Arago's plan had been successful for now Shuten was charged with power.
 
Seiji, Nastui, Jun and Anhara had found a deserted amusement park and were resting. Byakuen and Indivar were with them, taking a rest.
 
Just then, Anhara's head snapped up as she felt the light from Shuten's kanji disappear from the orb.
 
Shuten? She mentally thought, frowning. She knew she had lost him.
 
Seiji looked at Anhara, concerned.
 
Catching Seiji's glance, Anhara turned her eyes at him and shook her head, indicating that she was alright.
 
Seiji nodded in acknowledgement, but his `othersight' had told him otherwise. Anhara's aura was mingled with slight worry. However, Seiji knew better than to use his `othersight' to probe her mind.
 
Jun had rode on Byakuen, and was heading towards the direction of the Ferris Wheel.
 
Moments later, Jun exclaimed in horror when the Ferris Wheel started to turn on its own and youja soldiers had appeared attack them.
 
Anhara stood helpless as Seiji battled with the youja soldiers.
 
One of them came too close for comfort for her, when suddenly a burst of light appeared from her hand, eradicating the youja soldier who had came close.
 
When the light died down, Anhara looked down at her hand, astonished to find a dagger-like weapon in her palm. At the top of the dagger was the Japanese wording of `ice'. (A/N: The authoress waits patiently for the animators of `Flame of Rekka' to come and sue her for ripping off Tokiya Mikagami's weapon.)
 
Focusing on her element, the dagger-like weapon in Anhara's hand materialized into a sabre(A/N: You know, the fencing sword.), its blade was made entirely of ice.
 
Anhara smiled, “So, you've returned to me, Nagelring.”
 
Now that Nagelring had returned to her, Anhara stood up determinedly against the youja soldiers in front of her.
 
Swinging Nagelring in front of her, Anhara poised for battle. Leaping up in the air, she swept a stream of ice down at the band of youja soldiers.
 
Seiji looked back at the fallen youja soldiers and noted that Anhara had Nagelring in her hand.
 
Letting out a small smile, Seiji mused, The Queen possessed the cold truth of honesty, the icy essence of knowledge, and in her heart is frozen the pillars of friendship, love, and justice.
 
Ryo and Shin then arrived to help fight but the two are forced into the subways once more.
 
Seiji and Anhara too joined the two, alongside with Nastui and Jun. Byakuen and Indivar were behind them.
 
Touma and Shuu were already inside.
 
Anhara noticed that Shuu was acting strange and was unusually quiet.
 
Rajura's games with him had made him doubt himself, and his reasons for being Samurai Trooper. He was afraid he might give in to Arago and his offer of being a warlord.
 
Just then, they heard metallic footsteps approaching in a distant.
 
Turning to the direction, they saw that it was Shuten, the bearer of the Oni yoroi.
 
Shuten was somewhat insane from all the torment Arago had put him through.
 
The other Troopers were shocked to see that Shuten was human and not a spirit.
 
This did not help things as Shuu began to doubt himself even more.
 
Sensing his doubt, Anhara knew why the light of Kongo's kanji dimmed; Shuu had abandoned his kanji.
 
When the other Troopers armored up, Shuu did not.
 
Turning to him, Ryo questioned him.
 
Shuu answered that his yoroi was evil and Shuten was what he would become.
 
Seiji had screamed at him that he had been duped.
 
Shuu's head dropped in despair.
 
Just then, Anhara stepped in.
 
In a cold regal voice, she said, “Kongo, look at me.”
 
Shuu obeyed and turned up to look at her.
 
Eye blazing, Anhara did something quite unexpected; she did gave him a resounding slap across the face.
 
Gasps were heard all around. Shuu looked at her, disbelief in his eyes.
 
“Have you forgotten your oath, Kongo?” Anhara demanded, trying hard to control her anger.
 
Shuu said nothing, a hand on the burning side of his cheek.
 
Anhara silently ignored him and henshinned.
 
When the others told him to summon his yoroi, Shuu called upon his yoroi, but it did not respond.
 
Shocked, the other Troopers could only gasp in surprise.
 
“It's useless.” Imperial Sailor Mercury announced.
 
“Why?” Rekka no Ryo asked.
 
“Because once Shuu has abandoned his kanji, his yoroi will forsake him and will not respond to his call.” She answered.
 
“Enough talk, senshi. Arago will be pleased once I bring you back.” Shuten said, preparing a chain.
 
“Let's see if you can.” Imperial Sailor Mercury hissed.
 
However, Shuten's sheer power was able to blast Imperial Sailor Mercury back against the wall. The scout landed hard on the ground.
 
Glaring at Shuten with hatred, the four armored Troopers attacked, only to be retaliated by Shuten's new powers.
 
Pushing herself up, Imperial Sailor Mercury waved off her staff, replacing it with Nagelring.
 
Bringing the sabre up, she shouted, “Blizzard Blaze!”
 
The blade glowed an icy blue and three ice crystals appeared. Raising into the air, the ice crystals spilt into numerous splinters of ice shards and they rushed forward to Shuten.
 
Trying to avoid the onslaught of ice needles, Shuten jumped back.
 
Then, Shuten started pounding the four armored Troopers, distantly ignoring Shuu.
 
Shuu was really feeling like giving up as he watched Shuten defeating his friends.
 
A shuffle alerted him and Shuu turned back.
 
Imperial Sailor Mercury had came up to defend her warriors. On the ground, Ryo said weakly, “Protect the Queen, Shuu.”
 
Shuu could only watch, helpless, as Imperial Sailor Mercury readied the orb of her staff between her palms.
 
“Shuu, don't let her use that attack.” Shin added, struggling hard to get up, just like the rest of the injured Troopers.
 
Then, right before Shuu and the Troopers' horrified eyes, Imperial Sailor Mercury unleashed the orb's power.
 
When the light died down and the smoke cleared, Imperial Sailor Mercury was lying motionless on the floor, the energy drain from that move, almost killing her.
 
Shuten, on the other hand, had staggered a couple of feet back, his yoroi scorched by the sheer power of her attack.
 
Then, turning his attention back to the badly weakened Troopers, Shuten prepared to dispatch Ryo.
 
Jun then leapt into action, mounting Byakuen and attacked Shuten, only to be backhanded and sent flying.
 
Jun was fine but upon seeing how brave Jun was and the fact that he was just a normal little kid, Shuu realized what exactly he was fighting for, humanity.
 
And if he just gave up like this, he would be giving himself up to Arago without a fight.
 
Confidence within himself restored, Shuu called upon his yoroi and prepared to take on Shuten.
 
Meanwhile, Nastui, who was tending to the dehenshinned Anhara, gasped when the ice Queen started to glow. With the five hearts back as one and the circle of elements
complete once more, Anhara's magic energies were restored.
 
Shuten then tried to absorb more energy but he was too full with energy that eventually overloaded himself and was knocked unconscious.
 
The Troopers then rose and began to wonder about what to do with their fallen enemy.
 
Placing an apologetic hand on Shuu, Anhara smiled gently at him, remorse in her eyes.
 
Shuu stood up and shook his head, saying that that slap did him good. It had reminded him of the true reasons why he accepted his yoroi in the first place.
 
Then all of the sudden, a light shone down from Arago's castle, as Arago tried to grab Shuten. He had intended to haul Shuten back to his castle for more punishment but was intercept by Kaous, who had used his shakujo to free Shuten's unconscious body from Arago's control. Using the shakujo's power, he brought Shuten to him just as Arago cursed his mortal enemy.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
15. Kaous: Life or Death Decision
 
In a park, Kaous had laid the unconscious Shuten on the ground. Turning back, he began explaining to the Troopers.
 
Nastui and Jun then recognized the shakujo from their previous encounters.
 
Kaous then commended the Troopers for their efforts, causing Shuu to blush in embarrassment. The Troopers then inquired about him his plans for Shuten.
 
Before Kaous could answer, Anhara was already glowing an icy blue. When the light stopped, Queen Anhara stood before the group in her full glory.
 
Dressed in a long flowing ancient Roman dress, Queen Anhara was a sight to behold. Her hair had grown out past her chest, rippling down her back, reaching to her waist. Her royal crown settled on her head, giving her the `regal-Queen' look. In her hand, she held the long-forgotten Mizu-scepter.
 
The five Troopers immediately knelt down before her, acting on instinct. Beckoning for them to rise, Queen Anhara walked off and stood beside Kaous, in front of the still unconscious Shuten.
 
Kaous further explained that the yoroi Shuten bore was the same yoroi that the five possess.
 
The fact that the yoroi Shuten had was supposed to be for good and was like them, shocked the Troopers for they had seen the destruction the Oni yoroi had caused.
 
Looking at Queen Anhara for reassurance, the five Troopers were further taken aback when she nodded in agreement.
 
Turning back to Shuten, Queen Anhara willed the Holy Grail out. The cover opened and she tilted the Cup, allowing one single drop of its contents to fall on him. The power of that drop was enough to heal Shuten and free him completely from Arago's control.
 
Seconds later, Shuten began to stir, and all five proceeded to draw their weapons and point them at the dazed Masho.
 
Turning his head up towards the Queen before him, Shuten knelt down before her, stunning the Troopers.
 
“I've betrayed you, by turning to Arago. I beseech for your forgiveness, My Queen.” He said, full of remorse.
 
“MY QUEEN?” the five Troopers exclaimed.
 
Queen Anhara turned back to the stunned Troopers and nodded, just as Shuten stood up.
 
“She is My Queen, as much as yours, Troopers. The Mashos were also part of Queen Anhara's guard.” Shuten replied.
 
“Search your memories, Troopers and you will know that what he speaks is the truth.” Queen Anhara added wisely.
 
Back in Arago's castle, Arago was very pissed off that Shuten had been reawakened.
 
Then, when Rajura added that Shuten was causing too much trouble and they should just forget about him, Arago punished all three Mashos, before sending them after to recover Shuten.
 
Shuten was still recovering from his previous battles and regaining the memories Arago had suppressed, when the three Mashos appeared.
 
The Mashos then order Shuten to return with them back to Arago, to which Shuten refused flatly.
 
The three loyal Mashos then attacked with Shuten fighting back, despite his injuries.
 
However, he was still weak from the previous battles and it was not long before he fell, losing against the might of the three Mashos.
 
Naaza was about to drag Shuten back, when one of Touma's arrows intercepted.
 
As if on cue, the rest of the Troopers jumped in to defend Shuten.
 
 
Amazed that the Troopers were fighting for him, despite the fact that he had tried to kill them less than three hours earlier.
 
“That's because they, too, are remembering, of you and the Mashos.” Imperial Sailor Mercury replied, offering her hand to the fallen Shuten.
 
Taking her offered hand, Shuten pulled himself up.
 
“Then, I pray they will remember soon, My Queen.” Shuten answered, allowing himself to be pulled away from the battlefield.
 
Back in Arago's castle, Arago growled in anger when he saw Imperial Sailor Mercury pulling Shuten away. With one less Masho, his ambitions would be more difficult to fulfill.
 
After the battle, the three Mashos then realized that Shuten had slipped out of their grasp.
 
Cursing mentally, the three retreated back to the castle.
 
Then, Kaous appeared before them.
 
Jun asked if there was a way into Arago's castle, and Kaous replied that there was. This assured the Troopers about their fore-coming battle.
 
But, noting Kaous' expression when he mentioned about the means into the castle, Ryo was concerned.
 
When Kaous admitted that there was a method into Arago's home-ground, Anhara immediately figured out what he meant.
 
Back underground, the Troopers were discussing about their attack plan. Shuten was leaning against the wall close to the entrance, not participating in the conversation.
 
Back up, Kaous, Byakuen and Queen Anhara were standing silently in a row.
 
Stroking Byakuen, Kaous told him to watch over the Troopers on his behalf.
 
Queen Anhara then turned to Kaous.
 
“You're still going to do it, aren't you?” she asked the dreaded question.
 
Kaous let out a small smile and nodded.
 
“You know me too well, my child. And hai, I'll have to do it, for there is no other why.” He answered.
 
“Demo…” Queen Anhara protested.
 
Kaous held up a hand to silence her. “My mind is made up.” He answered sternly.
 
Queen Anhara was silent as she watched Kaous walk off.
 
Onegai, don't let him die. She pleaded to the Great Gods above.
 
Walking a distance, Kaous shook his shakujo, the rings causing a chime. Then, he waited and Arago's ghastly face appeared before him.
 
Taunting him, Arago sent down streams of thunder, surrounding Kaous in a fiery circle.
 
Using his shakujo, Kaous formed a five-pointed star formation, dispelling the flames.
 
Enraged, Arago finally unleashed a huge thunder storm, striking Kaous down with a massive wave of dark energy.
 
Kaous knew his end was near. With one last ditch of effort, he created a huge towering pillar of energy that reached towards the clouds to Arago's castle, sacrificing his life to create the bridge he had promised.
 
That split second, Queen Anhara felt Kaous' aura flicker and die off. Sinking to the ground on all fours, her grief knew no bounds as she struggled to keep her emotions under control.
 
Byakuen had, too, howled in sadness as Kaous' demise.
 
Under below, the impact of Kaous' and Arago's battle shook the concrete, forcing everyone up to the surface.
 
Upon seeing the energy bridge, Ryo turned his attention to the howling Byakuen and Queen Anhara, who was on the ground, trembling.
 
He knew his suspicions were right; Kaous had used his life to create the bridge to Arago's castle.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: (cries after episode 15) Why does Kaous have to die this early in the series? It isn't fair! (Recovers to address the readers) So, how was it?