Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale Of Two Gumis ❯ Final we figure out what happened ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kamiya Kashinn Dojo
 
They had been at Kaoru's Dojo for a week, before they were able to meet together to discuss what could have happened to bring them to the past. Kaoru, Kenshin and Yahiko had gone to another school to train for the day and none of the others of the Kenshin-gumi were hanging around the dojo as they seemed want to do.
 
“I think I know what happened,” Ami started off. “But I'd like to hear your opinions before I make a conclusion.” She looked around at the others to see if they had any ideas.
 
“I think it must have something to do with my staff,” Setsuna spoke up first, “I tried a transformation in the woods the other day and my staff didn't appear during it.”
 
“That's what I thought,” Ami said as she looked around the group again to see if anybody else had some suggestions. Seeing that no one did she continued. “I think Pluto's staff broke during that fight we were in right before we came here. Pluto, am I wrong in assuming that your staff constantly warps time and space slightly just by the energy it puts out?”
 
“No there is a constant disruption of the time/space continuum I've never heard of a Guardian's staff being broken before and the Guardian surviving (1) so the results were unknown.” Ami quickly filed the fact that there were more Guardians away to pull out and study at a later time.
 
“Well, now we know what happens when you break a Guardian's staff without killing them. You send them and anyone tied to them traveling through time and space. You see I was thinking about that last battle trying to remember what had happened right before we arrived here.” Ami looked at the Sailor-gumi her eyes clearly expressing her worry.
 
“With Pluto's staff broken how do we return to the future? Surely we cannot await the future here, as we are in this time and down the centuries?” Rei asked worriedly.
 
“Indeed not for we would muddle the time lines hopelessly and we cannot risk seeing my past self either.” Pluto replied to the question.
 
“Perhaps Helios could help us,” Chibiusa said hopefully.
 
“No for he did not know of our existence as Princesses until the battle with Nehelenia.” Usagi said, showing signs of her the maturity that had been growing in her ever since the battle with Galaxia. (2)
 
Chibiusa's face fell, she missed Elysian's priest terribly. Pluto noticed her distress and put a comforting arm around her shoulders.
 
“It's all right Usa-chan, you'll see him when we return to the future, I promise,” Pluto said as she squeezed the girl's shoulders once more.
 
“The question is how do we return to the future? After all without your staff Pluto we can't risk traveling the time corridor who knows how lost we'd get then.” Ami said bringing everyone's attention back to the problem they had to face before they could return home.
 
“I know not how we will return home. If the staff won't even materialize how can I repair it? I don't even truly know how it was formed. Queen Serenity gave it to me when I was young and small and it has evolved as I have.” Pluto answered the questioning gazes of her friends.
 
As she finished saying this they were interrupted by the return of Kenshin, Kaoru and Yahiko.
 
Author's Note
 
This is because in the anime Pluto's staff is broken by Galaxia right before Uranus and Neptune kill them by taking their star seeds and remember they're in a space time warp zone when it happens anyway.
Yes the cry-baby is growing up although she still has her moments (like at the beginning of this fic) she is definitely getting older.
 
How in the world are they going to get home? Any ideas? I know but I'm not tellin', not yet at least. Ja ne!