Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale Of Two Gumis ❯ (Insert witty title here) ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dojo“What has Haruka to do with Uranus?” Kaoru asked, confused by Usagi and the others reaction to the name.
“I apologize Kaoru-dono, but until we speak with Haruka it would be unwise for us to tell you.” Mamoru said, worried that one of the Senshi had felt the need to transform.
“I see, and you expect me to accept that? You are guests in my home; if something is the matter I want you to tell me so that I can be prepared for it.” Kaoru said her voice rising as she continued, “You don’t realize the last time no one told me what was going on Kenshin nearly died! And civil war was very nearly begun again! So either you tell me what is going on or so help me I will force it out of you!!”
Usagi looked at Kaoru and knew that she had a right to know. “Kaoru…” she started and then trailed off uncertain of how to explain.
Setsuna stepped in, “I believe it has something to do with the similarities in their sword style. There is some very painful history that we would rather either Haruka or Kenshin explain as we would most likely make a muddle of it for you.”
Kaoru thought for a bit and then answered, “I guess we can wait for a while, at least until they get back and then I will be demanding an explanation.”
“That is very reasonable of you Kaoru-san and we thank you for your understanding.” Setsuna replied for the group.
“However, if the explanation is not satisfactory then I may have to ask you to leave. I don’t wish for there to be anymore disruption in this household.” Kaoru continued.

“We understand and thank you for your kindness to us thus far.” Setsuna replied before any of the others could.*******

As they stood in tense silence the sound of laughter could be heard along with the rapid pounding of feet. The group turned startled out of there uneasiness by the sounds. They watched in surprise as Kenshin and Haruka came barreling around the corner at breakneck speeds, wearing identical grins on their faces.
The pair came to a halt in front of Kaoru and Setsuna, both were slightly winded, however, it was evident to those who knew them that, they were both happier then they’d been in a long while.
They glanced around the group, Kenshin put his hand behind his head (his signature look of confusion) and Haruka merely raised an eyebrow. They both seemed confused about why the two groups were gathered and so obviously split, where before they had been working, laughing and playing together.
“I think they want an explanation Kenshin,” Haruka said quietly, her eyes asked him to explain and not reveal who or what she was.

"Yes we would like an explanation please, how is it possible that you know the Hiten Mitsuruugi Ryu?" Kaoru asked, trying to be firm.

"Ano, Kaoru-dono, that is quite a tale, she learned it from a different master." Kenshin said, dropping his hand from the back of his head. "According to the history Haruka-dono told me, the first Master apperently had four apprentices, and he taught them all. She told me some other things, but they seemed more to do with legend then with fact."

"I see, but what about..." Kaoru trailed off.

"The last move? That was added into our line of the technique after the first Master passed on the style to his apprentices."

Here Haruka took up the thread, "Each apprentice went their seperate ways, they perfected techniques and passed them down and so on and so forth, until the styles were seperate and yet similar. All four styles were called 'Heaven's Sword'" Haruka trailed off for a bit before she continued, "They drifted apart my many times Master stayed neard the original dojo in China near Peking keeping careful track of the history, while the others went elsewhere. Kenshin's many times Master came to Japan, while the other two went into the west."

"I see, that's quite the history," Kaoru said, forgetting all about Usagi's strange utterance.

They were interupted by a knocking on the door to the compound.