Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Vortex Returned ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Another Saint Seiya crossover by yours truly. This `Ami-turning-into Sailor-Vortex' idea has been running in my head for a while. I'm not sure about pairings, so I'm taking a vote here. Any of you for Hyoga/Ami, say Aye. Any one of you for Shun/Ami, say Nye.
 
Basic Summary: Crystal Tokyo ended before it even begun when Endymion's dark side emerged due to an ancient curse. As the last remaining Senshi available, the former Sailor Mercury, now known as Sailor Vortex takes care of Small Lady at the Dimensional Gates. But when Endymion jumped dimensions, Sailor Vortex followed along with Chibi-Usa. The girls find themselves in the Saint Seiya world, where Endymion takes his place as Hades, Lord of the Underworld.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing.
 
Timeline
 
Sailor Moon: A few days after Chaos.
 
Saint Seiya: At the beginning of the Hades saga.
 
Prologue
 
***************************************************************** **********************
The camera shows a huge gate with two stone pillars. A lone senshi stood guard over the said gate.
 
The above-mentioned gate was the Dimensional Gate, the gateway to the numerous dimensions there is.
 
The lone guard was Sailor Vortex, the eternal Senshi of Dimensions, Dreams and Illusions. She was formerly known as Sailor Mercury, one of the Inner Guardians of the White Moon Princess.
 
And now, due to the Beryl's curse, Endymion's dark side overtook the Terran Prince and he turned against the princess he was supposed to protect and love.
 
He then systemically killed off the other Senshi, beginning with Rei. Yuu-san and Grandfather had too died in the fire at the Temple.
 
The next to go was Minako. Funny, how easily the leader of the Inner Senshi was killed in a car `accident'.
 
Michiru and Haruka were the next to fall. The two Outers did not even have to chance to transform, when Endymion's scythe fell on them.
 
Sensing something was wrong with the timeline, Pluto teleported to the Time Gates with Saturn in tow.
 
The last was Makoto. The showdown between the Senshi of Thunder and Hades, as
 
Endymion was now known as, was great. But in the end, Jupiter went down from a deadly strike by the God of the Underworld.
 
When Endymion came for her, Mercury surprised him by reverting back to her former self, the Senshi of Dimensions.
 
Quickly summoning a portal, Vortex teleported to the Dimensional Gates before Endymion's scythe fell on her.
 
Deciding the little princess was not safe, Vortex immediately opened a portal to Chibi-Usa and pulled her out of Endymion's grasp.
 
She then took Small Lady to the Time Gates and inquired about the sudden turn of events.
 
Sailor Pluto merely shook her head and showed her something in the Garnet Orb.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Flash
 
In the darkness, ominous colors began to swirl around in a glassy orb. The orb was set on a claw-like end of a rod, and more colors were shimmering beyond the orb. The shimmering colors were dancing over a large gray capsule decorated with toothy spikes, and the evil looking symbols.
 
Sleeping within the capsule was a tall, handsome, and black haired man dressed in black tuxedo, and he appeared to be eighteen years old. He was under careful watch by a pair of orange eyes that indicated the owner to be an evil person. Those eyes belonged to Queen Beryl of the Dark Kingdom. An expression of deep thought masked her thin, pale face, but her eyes remained locked upon her beloved trapped in the capsule.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Flash
 
"Sailor Moon will not defeat the Dark Kingdom." Queen Beryl declared, finally lifting her eyes away from the hostage. She lowered her eyes to rest upon her rod with the orb of swirling colors set on the top. Her face twisted slightly in anger. She starred at the orb as if seeking answers from it. Beryl glanced at the man within the capsule. She pondered, toying with a suggestion in her mind.
 
"Sailor Moon will not defeat the Dark Kingdom without a price," Queen Beryl corrected, moving her hand to hover over the orb. The colors within the orb brightened, and swirled more furiously in response to the dark powers flowing from her hand. Queen Beryl concentrated as she fluttered her fingers over the orb, weaving an evil spell. The orb began to glow eerily. And a dark, tiny, block like form with line-like tentacles appeared inside the orb. The dark object rotated slowly within the orb as Queen Beryl completed the weaving of her spell. Satisfied, Queen Beryl withdrew her hand, and the orb flared, emitting a blinding light.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Sailor Vortex blinked herself out of the last image.
 
“So, Beryl's Curse has finally reared its ugly end.” she remarked.
 
A sudden jolt in the dimension streams alerted the three transformed Senshi.
 
“Endymion has jumped dimensions.” Vortex declared, her hand gripping tightly on her
staff, energies revolving around the orb on the top.
 
“Ami-san?” Chibi-Usa looked at the former Senshi of Mercury.
 
“I know where he's headed.” Vortex finally announced, as she pointed her staff behind her.
 
A portal was created when a swirl of magic collected.
 
Kneeling down to face the sugar pink-haired girl, the Dimension Senshi said, “I'm taking you with me, Small Lady. You'll be safer.”
 
Chibi-Usa nodded and the two disappeared into the portal.
 
“Good luck, Sailor Vortex.” Sailor Pluto whispered.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: Read and review.