Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Vortex Returned ❯ The Death of the Half-God ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: And Chapter 5 goes up and no reviews. How pathetic am I? This is Chapter 6.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing.
 
Chapter 6: The Death of the Half-God
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
“Athena, any problems?” Scorpio Milo asked, kneeling before the Goddess.
 
“Yeah.” Athena replied.
 
“I felt that someone invaded just now.” Milo reported.
 
“Thank you. There's nothing to be worried.” Soari assured him.
 
“We're against the pioneer of Hades. I must be cautious.” Milo objected, looking around.
 
“Milo, the invader is not the enemy. He is our good comrade who comes to protect the Sanctuary.” Soari told him.
 
Milo frowned, “Who the hell did it? I've no idea.” He admitted.
 
“He is… that guy.” Soari replied.
 
“What? He? You mean he's still alive?” Milo exclaimed in shock.
 
Soari nodded.
 
“Yup. He's protecting as a Gemini.” She added.
 
“Gemini…” Milo blinked.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
Meanwhile, Saga, Camus and Shura were in the Gemini Temple when the three former Golden Saints were faced by someone droning the Gemini Cloth.
 
“I didn't expect him to be alive.” Saga admitted.
 
“Who is he?” Shura asked.
 
“Moreover, he dare occur before us.” Saga remarked.
 
“His Gemini Cloth was yours. Do you know who he is?” Camus asked.
 
He was the one who seduced me to commit a crime. Saga mentally replied.
 
The Gemini Cloth rose its Cosmo and Saga waved his hand to the two behind him.
 
“Let it to me. The two of you go first.” Saga commanded.
 
“Ok. The Gemini was used to be yours. Stay here and mourn a little while” Camus nodded.
 
“Stop that. Go.” Saga instructed.
 
“We're leaving Saga.” Shura call out as both he and Camus ran past the Gemini Cloth.
 
Left alone with the Cloth, Saga walked towards it and replied, “13 years ago, you disappeared from the rock prison which no one could escape. I thought you'd been punished and died.”
 
“You're supposed to be punished, Saga.” the Cloth rebuked.
 
“What?” Saga frowned.
 
“When your ambition of killing Athena and occupy the Sanctuary was destroyed, you chose suicide as punishment, didn't you? Now you became button man of Hades again and wanted to kill Athena again. Saga, you're born of bad guy.” The Cloth added.
 
“Shut up. Who taught me to be evil? And you must hate Athena all my life like me.” Saga replied.
 
“Who let you stand here with the Gemini Cloth? Answer me now!” he demanded, his Cosmo flaring.
 
***************************************************************** ***********************
Elsewhere in eastern Siberia, Hyoga was visiting his mother's frozen grave.
 
Placing a bouquet of flowers on the frozen lake, he mentally prayed, Mum… the ship mum slept sank in this deep sea. I haven't come here for a while. Are you lonely? Now I can break through whatever deep dark. Bit I don't care the power if I couldn't see mum. Mum, my teacher and my friend; I'll pray heartily for your irreplaceable spirit forever. So long as Hyoga is alive. I'll be in the ice field of Siberia forever, forever…
 
His musings were cut short when he felt an ominous aura coming from the Sanctuary.
 
“Again. I felt there's unusual Cosmo in the Sanctuary again and again. What's the matter with Sanctuary?” he demanded.
 
“You don't need to know that.” A voice told him.
 
Turning around, Hyoga saw three cloaked figure behind him.
 
“Long time no see, Hyoga. In order to beat down you, I revived from the Underworld.” The one who had spoken added.
 
After the three threw off their cloaks, Hyoga could only look on in astonishment.
 
“How can it be possible?” he questioned.
 
***************************************************************** ****************
Back in the Sanctuary, Saga stood before his Gemini Cloth.
 
“Who approved that you could stay here?” he asked.
 
“Of course it's Athena.” The Cloth replied.
 
Saga smirked, “Athena forgave your sin, didn't she?”
 
“Saga, listen. Athena saved me from death for several times. In the seabed palace, I saw her Cosmo and her sovereign love. When she erased my evil thoughts, I swore that I must fight for the righteous Athena. Whatever evil guy can never step an inch to the Gemini.” The Cloth added.
 
“Not an inch? Didn't Camus and Shura step in?” Saga challenged.
 
“Really?” the Cloth replied.
 
“What?” Saga frowned.
 
“The Gemini had ever been a labyrinth for the power of its protectors.” The Cloth informed him.
 
“What are you saying? Can't it be…” Saga gasped.
 
“Camus and Shura will never step out. They'll get lost in the labyrinth designed by me and will never get out.” The Cloth said.
 
“I understand your determination to protect here. But you took the Gemini Cloth to devote to Athena at this time. That's so funny. Your heart has been contaminated with inerasable dark. No one knows it better than me. I must expose your false loyalty. Once I beat you down, the labyrinth will disappear. That's `kill two birds with one stone'.” Saga remarked.
 
“I'll take away your mask and see your face that I've haven't seen for 13 years.” He declared, firing a blast at the Cloth.
 
The helmet flew off and cluttered to the floor. Saga was stunned to see the Cloth was empty.
 
“Do you think you can cheat me with such a trick?” Saga demanded, firing another blast that scattered the Gemini Cloth altogether.
 
“What? What the heck is this?” Saga demanded.
 
“I see, it's an illusion.” He nodded.
 
“Say Kanon, how long do you still want to imitate me? It's a pity that no matter how… you just can't win me.” He declared, powering up.
 
“Wherever you go, I can strike you deadly.” He announced, firing a `Galaxy Explosion through the Temples and to the Pope's Palace.
 
***************************************************************** ******************
 
In the Pope's Palace, both Milo and Soari was stunned by the sudden invasion of power.
 
“Please stay here.” Milo advised and ran out.
 
Flinging the curtain open, he found a single power sphere embedded on the ground.
 
“The Cosmo from under Gemini… from under Gemini… has such a mighty power. No one can do it, expect him. Saga, I can always feel your Cosmo, right?” Milo noted.
 
“And…” Milo added, turning to the person on the ground meters away.
 
“You're Kanon, Saga's younger brother, who wants to fight as a Saint so that Athena forgives you and let you stay in Gemini.”
 
“Saga is really the so-called `Soul of God'. The illusion in the labyrinth can do nothing to him.” Kanon muttered as he struggled to get up.
 
“Fortunately your wound is not serious. Please get out!” Milo ordered.
 
“Even if Athena forgave you, the golden saints won't believe you. Disappear from here right now!” he demanded.
 
“No…” Kanon objected.
 
“I'll teach you a lesson if you stay here.” Milo promised.
 
“Sorry, I can't leave. I must stay here and fight.” Kanon replied.
 
“Then, I'll be your first opponent. I don't like to see faction any time. I'll spare no effort to drive you away. The time is nearly up. We can't waste time anymore.” Milo stated.
 
Kanon remained as he was, his back facing the Scorpio Saint.
 
“You really won't leave here?” Milo asked.
 
“Right, I'm coming to protect Athena.” Kanon replied.
 
“Are you kidding? You intended to use Poseidon to kill Athena and all the innocent people on the Earth. Who would believe a guy like you?” Milo demanded, his finger preparing a `Scarlet Needle'.
 
He fired the attack at Kanon's feet who remained unfazed.
 
“I'm telling you once again. Get away if you don't want to die.” He warned.
 
“Come off it! I won't leave until I've destroyed all invaders.” Kanon replied.
 
“Then eat my attack.” Milo began, appearing before Kanon.
 
“Red scorpio kill of Scorpio.” He called forth a `Scarlet Needle' with split into four.
 
Kanon was thrown back, as he stabilized himself.
 
“Thought the wound caused by it is as small a needle tip, the suffering is unimaginable. It feels like the instant spread of strong poison of Scorpio in your body.” Milo stated, firing yet another four needles into Kanon.
 
“Anyone caught by my red Scorpio will have two kinds of fate; either spirit collapsed or body died. Before the 15 stars of Scorpio go into your body, it'll turn out… Kanon, which one will you choose?” he asked.
 
“Spirit collapsed or body died?” he demanded, firing yet another four needles into Kanon.
 
Kanon was thrown back at the impact.
 
With his hand clutched, Kanon fought to get back up.
 
Strange, why didn't the guy defend? He seems ready to suffer my red scorpio. I can feel the strength of Kanon. It's almost equal to his so-called strongest big brother. If he defended, I won't be at ease. I may be defeated if I was careless. Why…? Milo wondered.
 
He was cut off from his thoughts when Kanon got up to his feet.
 
Can't he… Milo realized.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
Back with Hyoga, the Saint of Cyrus recognized his opponents.
 
“”You are Specter?” he questioned.
 
“With the power of Mr. Hades, we must kill you here today.” Cetus Moses declared.
 
“We'll be kind to send you to meet your mother in the freezing sea.” Canes Venatici Asterion smirked.
 
“Why not attack after he gets ready? Lacerta Misty suggested.
 
“He isn't our opponent even if he takes on the Cloth.” Cetus sniggered.
 
“Who was beaten completely by the little brat before?” Hyoga reminded.
 
“Why?” Cetus hissed.
 
“You betrayed Athena for a trivial thing. Your Cosmo is dirty all over! The powerless Cosmo isn't the opponent of Hyoga at all.” Hyoga declared, throwing off his cloak.
 
“Shut up!” Canes Venatici rebuked as the three Silver Saints rushed forth to attack.
 
Hyoga quickly dispatched them easily with an `Aurora Thunder'.
 
“Hyoga, you're stronger. We can set our hearts at rest and hand over Athena to you.” Cetus smiled and breathed his last.
 
“We must go to the Sanctuary as soon as possible.” Hyoga noted.
 
***************************************************************** ********************
Back with Milo and Kanon, the Scorpio Saint was stunned to see Kanon standing up after receiving seven of his Scarlet Needles.
 
“Milo, what's up? Again.” Kanon hissed.
 
“I can tolerate it even if the 15 stars was stricken into my body. I must not be frustrated now, neither can I die.” The younger twin of Saga announced.
 
“Why?” Milo questioned, not understanding.
 
“It's an effort to let Athena forgive me. I can't die without killing one enemy. Come on Milo, just go ahead.” Kanon replied.
 
Is it for the purpose of penance his sin that he suffers my red scorpio kill? Milo wondered.
 
Clutching his hand, he nodded, “Good. Let's see how long you can stand it. 15 pricks in one perfect strike. How can you deal with it?”
 
Four more Scarlet Needles were fired and Kanon was thrown back onto a pillar.
 
“Milo!” Soari reprimanded, coming out of the Pope's Palace.
 
Turning back, Milo replied, “Athena. You shouldn't stay away from the room. It's too dangerous.”
 
“Milo, what on earth are you doing? Didn't I say that Kanon has thoroughly rectified and decided to help us? Can't you see whether he's kind or evil?” Soari questioned.
 
“Now listen. Even if you forgive him, I, Shakka and Mu, no, all the Golden Saints won't forgive him.” Milo interrupted.
 
“Milo…” Soari mumbled.
 
“How much suffering he has caused! Even if he thoroughly rectified, we won't believe him, or take his life as proof.” Milo told her.
 
“It can't…” Kanon began.
 
“Athena, I'm okay.” He assured her.
 
“Stand up Kanon. Let me see if you can take the last 3.” Milo stated.
 
“Come on, Milo.” Kanon said.
 
With a perfect strike, Milo fired two more Scarlet Needles into Kanon's body.
 
“Kanon!” Soari gasped.
 
“The wound is starting to bleed like water. Your consciousness will be lost with the blood till you have no feeling. You must suffer the last strike if you want penance.” Milo declared as Kanon screamed in agony.
 
“That's the ultimate Andray Star! The Andray Star will decide your death no matter how. Right. That's all. All are…”
 
“Milo, you…” Soari muttered.
 
Kanon managed to get back on his feet just as Milo prepared his last strike.
 
“Accept the deadly Andray…” Milo announced and fired his last shot.
 
The Pope's Palace burst into a bright red light at the last attack.
 
When the flare died down, Milo retracted his finger and walked back towards Soari.
 
Kneeling before her, he added, “Athena, I feel that the Cosmo of the Underworld is more and more close. I must go back to Scorpio. Forgive me.”
 
That said, he got p and went out.
 
“Wait Milo.” Kanon stopped the Scorpio Saint. “You're leaving Athena to the enemy?”
 
Stopping at the door, Milo replied, “I didn't see any enemies but our comrades. Golden Saints, Gemini no Kanon, it's you.”
 
“Milo…” Kanon gasped, realizing that Milo had finally recognized him as one of them; one of Athena's Saints.
 
“Athena.” Kanon began.
 
“Yes.” Soari smiled, realizing the very same thing.
 
“The last strike of Milo wasn't Andray. He helped me to stop bleeding. What he did so toilsomely is to make me be the real Saint fighter and be accepted by the others.” Kanon added, grateful tears in his eyes.
 
“Yeah, I see. Either Milo's mood or yours…” Soari nodded in agreement.
 
Life can start again. But Kanon, after the tough Saint fight, you and me may not survive. Probably only in such a flash, we can understand each other. Mio thought, as he walked down back to the Scorpio Temple.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Saga and the others, Camus and Shura managed to run out of the Gemini labyrinth.
 
“We ran away from the Gemini.” Camus noted, once they exited.
 
“Camus, what's wrong? It seems like circling around.” Shura added.
 
“Yeah, I'm afraid that we may be lost in the labyrinth of legend.” Camus replied.
 
“Because the illusion had disappeared, we escaped. That means…” Shura wondered out loud.
 
Turning to Saga who had walked out of the Gemini Temple, he asked, “Saga, did you finish the protector of Gemini?”
 
“No, I just gave a strike to change the present status.” Saga replied.
 
“We can't underestimate that guy.” Shura remarked.
 
“Yeah.” Camus nodded.
 
That guy… Kanon, took place of me to protect Gemini. I've never dreamt of that… Saga was in deep thought.
 
“Saga.” Camus reminded him.
 
“It's ok. Next, it's the fourth one, Cancer. Go!” Saga proclaimed as he ran towards the fourth Temple.
 
You really gave up evil and return to good and fight for rightness. I'll be waiting. Your action is the best proof. Saga added mentally as the three former Golden Saints headed for the Cancer Temple.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
 
SailorStar9: Phew, now this is done.