Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Vortex Returned ❯ The Shadow of the Fool ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: And Chapter 4 goes up. This is Chapter 5.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing.
 
Chapter 5: The Shadow of the Fool
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
In a mysterious castle, Pandora was playing her harp.
While the angelical images generated by the music followed one another, a Specter entered the room, took off his helm and knelt down.
“Miss Pandora.” he greeted
“Is you, Rhadamantis?” she asked listlessly.
“Yes, Miss Pandora, Specter of Wyburn, Rhadamantis is here!” he declared
“What do you want?"“ Pandora asked.
“Please you must send me to Athena's Sanctuary.” Rhadamantis pleaded.
“Leave this to the dying Saints!” she objected
“What will they be used for? Compared Athena's Saints with our Specters, ... they are just some ants! Please give the word to get me, Rhadamantis, to take the field. Only one hour, I'll get Athena's head. Please allow me to take the field.” he announced.
“No!” Pandora stood up. “Hades is a soft-hearted man! He will never allow any Specter of his to get hurt.”
“But…” Rhadamantis protested.
“Rhadamantis, how do you think of Hades' care?” Pandora threw a question at him.
“No, nothing.” Rhadamantis stammered.
“So just be quiet and wait. Waiting more 12 hours we'll get Athena... without hurting any Specter.” Pandora replied.
“Yes…” Rhadamantis nodded.
The argument ended there, but Rhadamantis seemed worried.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
At the sanctuary Mu was running up the steps to the second temple when, suddenly, he stopped to reflect in front of the sundial.
I really feel more relaxed with my master, your help. But what did you mean to say `Keeping Athena safe for 12 hours?' 12 Hours before the fire at the belfry disappears... What after that? he pondered
Everything will be gone! Dohku's voice replied his question..
“It can't be that Shion, Saga and the rest... No, it's not time to doubt. Aldebaran is still at
Taurus. As long as he's there, all the intruders will be stopped.” Mu noted.
Finally Mu started running again.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
Meanwhile, in Japan it was night and Shun was home alone, with Ikki's picture in his hand and a charm on his neck and he remembered about his childhood, when he was a few month old.

He was playing in his cradle while Ikki, a child, watched over him.
“Brother…” whispered Shun, now grown up, with a strange smile.
Suddenly, instead of child Ikki, a little girl dressed in black appeared, with a furious look.
Shun was frightened and came back to reality.
“Brother…” he cried gasping, then he looked to the picture and turned calm. “Brother…”
Where did brother Ikki go after the Sea-King Palace was destroyed? he reflected while he jutted out of the balcony.
 
I know! Brother must be in safety, but... Right, don't know how about Seiya? It's heard that he went to Greece to ask Marin... about his sister Seika who disappeared. Don't know whether he found her or not? I pray sincerely for that he find his sister Seika sooner. Seiya…
Suddenly Shun had a bad feeling and the images of Athena, Pandora and the twelve temple's battle slid in front of him.
Shocked, he let the picture fall, breaking the frame.
“It comes again! It feels like the Cosmos coming from the far Sanctuary.” he reflected, sinking on the ground. “What is the deviant Cosmos on earth?”
 
“Hades' Specters.” came a feminine voice.
 
“Who are you?” Shun demanded.
 
A soft but amused chuckle was heard and Sailor Vortex's ghastly form stepped into the moonlight.
 
“Watashi wa Sailor Vortex.” she greeted the stunned Andromeda Saint.
 
“Nani?” Shun gasped.
 
“The form you see before you is merely a hologram, Andromeda. If you are still Athena's Saint, then you should know what to do.” she advised.
 
“I don't have much time, Taurus's already been defeated.” she added and disappeared in a swirl of black dust.
 
“Matte!” Shun cried out.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
At the same time Mu was entering in the second temple but the entry seemed deserted.
Aldebaran... So weird! I can't feel the fight or the Cosmos at all... All the Gold Saints fight quietly like this? He pondered.
The he saw Taurus's cloth and ran towards it.
“Aldebaran! So glad that you're ok.”
 
Mu smiled to the cloth that was still compote as Aldebaran was standing up but after a while, he noticed something strange.
Aldebaran…” Mu gasped.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
Athena rose slowly from her couch, while Shaina as burning all the Sanctuary's tombs, helped by Nachi and Jabu.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
Aldebaran, you've wanted to protect Taurus's temple till you died, so you died standing? reflected a dejected Mu.
 
Even you, the strongest of the Saints, ... Couldn't deal with Saga and get them?
A small piece of bright Cosmo flew around Mu before it landed in his hand.
This is the last Cosmo of Aldebaran…thought Mu watching Taurus's cloth
 
The corselet on him is undamaged, and no any wounds... How did he die after all? Saga and the rest shouldn't have the power... It couldn't be...
 
Mu wondered if there might be another enemy and his suspicion was right when a cruel laugh was heard.
“Right!” laughed a stranger voice
 
“Not only Saga and the rest came here, ... Saga and the rest just passed by this guy who couldn't move at all. Of course getting him unable to move or ending his life, ... all of that were my masterwork! I, Niobe of Deep star of Dark Earth!” Niobe entered arrogantly, throwing Taurus's cloth.
“It's just a piece of cake to end Aldebaran.” he boasted.
“You got Aldebaran…” Mu frowned.
Niobe continued to laugh.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
At Pandora's castle, Rhadamantis was angry and broke a mirror with a fist.
“Obviously Miss Pandora doesn't know anything.” he hissed.
“Rhadamantis…” reported a slimy being.
“Zelos?” Rhadamantis frowned.
“That's right, it's me, Zelos of Diki Star." he told, laughing “According to your order, I've
sent tens of Specters to the Sanctuary.”
“Very good.” Rhadamantis nodded.
“It doesn't matter for sure?” threatened Zelos while Rhadamantis as leaving.
“What?” Rhadamantis turned to face the slimy Specter.
“Sending out Specters without Miss Pandora's permission. If someone find that, it's really troublesome.” Zelos grinned.
“None of your business.” retorted Rhadamantis crossly. “I don't trust those dying Saints at all! Now the most important thing is getting Athena's head.”
“If you can, just try! Miss Pandora is a beauty, but also the most terrible guy! Back to the business, I'm really worried about you, Rhadamantis. How dare you say that you don't trust the Saints?” Zelos demanded.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
At the meantime, outside the castle, some soldiers fell down dead because of the blows from Deathmask and Aphrodite who had strangely survived after battling with Mu.
“Idiot, get off!” exclaimed Deathmask.
“We have something to talk with Mr Hades“" added Aphrodite. Obviously they were complaining about the treatment they had at the Sanctuary.
The castle's gate opened and Rhadamantis walked out.
“You wise guy, what are you doing here?” he asked the two Saints.
“I needn't answer you.” Deathmask scoffed.
“We want to meet Mr Hades.” explained Aphrodite.
“Mr Hades? Do you bastards qualify to meet him? The losers are unforgivable! Let me kick you back to your hell!” Rhadamantis declared.
"What are you saying?" rebutted Death Mask.
“If you can, just try.” Aphrodite challenged, as he brought out a rose and attack “Piranian Rose!”
Black roses surrounded Rhadamantis who destroyed them with his thought.
“What's up?” Aphrodite as surprised.
“You're just the one who will go to the hell! Sekishiki Meikaiha!” Deathmask cried out, arrogantly.
“Kid's game!” commented Rhadamantis, repelling the blow with his hand.
“Shit…” cursed Death Mask, shifting away.
“What a pitiful guy! Let me, Rhadamantis, one of the Three Giants of the Hell... send you to the hell with my forte technique!” Rhadamantis announced.
A dark hole propagated from Rhadamantis, hitting the two former Gold Saints, that ere blown away in spite of the barriers.
“We'll be sucked into…” exclaimed Deathmask, while Aphrodite screamed.
 
The two Saint found themselves in Sekishiki.
“Where's here?“ asked Aphrodite, after he struggled to rise up.
“The entrance of the hell!” replied Deathmask, worried.
“Right, you'll go to the hell from here.” specified Rhadamantis, while appearing behind them.
“Help…” whispered Deathmask, scared.
“No, I don't want to go to the hell now!” pleaded Aphrodite, ready to run away.
They started escaping.
“Don't run!” screamed Rhadamantis, hitting them from behind.
They fell on the ground, dying with the cloth damaged.
Rhadamantis reached them and took them up to the crater, raising them in a chokehold.
“Stop…” Deathmask begged..
“Please stop!” Aphrodite pleaded.
“You've been useless for me! Go to die!” exclaimed Rhadamantis, throwing them in the crater.
“You fool! Is this kind of guy the strongest Gold Saints of Sanctuary? Any soldier of Mr
Hades is stronger than him. You want have the chance to leave the hell!” concluded a leaving, indignant Rhadamantis.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
At the second temple, a battle between Mu and Niobe as about to start.
“So it is, not only Saga, but also some Specter of Hades had stolen on.” observed Mu, gripping Taurus's Cosmo for the last time.
“Right, Saga and the rest were just the batmen for trying.” Niobe grinned.
“Really?” Mu rose a brow.
“What to you mean?” Niobe demanded.
“Maybe you are just the stumbling block!” Mu replied.
“Are you joking?” Niobe demanded, growing tired of talking and ready to strike
 
Expanding his Cosmo, he declared, I should send you to have a chat with Aldebaran now!”
“What does that smell?” Mu wondered.
“Deep Fragrance!” Niobe fired his attack.
A wave of gas surrounded a worried Mu.
“My body was anaesthetized. My awareness is becoming more and more unclear! Aldebaran was killed just like this?” gasped a suffering Mu. “I must stop sucking in the smell.”
“Don't waste your strength. It will filter into you, even if you hold your breath. Your nerve center and body will get anaesthetized slowly. You will die within several seconds.” Niobe laughed.
Slowly Mu's sight as blurred and his eyes extinguished, until he lost his senses and fell in death's abyss, or so it seemed.
“Farewell, Mu! The Gold Saint is really frangible. I could get him so easily.” Niobe scoffed.
Niobe was prepared to leave when an energy barrier appeared in front of him.
“What's this? When is it here?” he demanded.
Suddenly, Mu appeared behind the barrier and Niobe hit the invisible barrier, causing him to crash against a column.

“What on earth is this?” Niobe asked.

“The Crystal Wall! Nobody will go through this invisible wall.” exclaimed Mu, as he had not suffered from the last strike.
 
“Crystal Wall? You meant that my Kiss of Death was stopped by it, nothing useful?” exclaimed Niobe, while Mu walked carelessly towards the exit.
 
“Wait, where are you going? We didn't finish our fight yet!” Niobe called out.
“I don't think I can do anything with a dead man!” Mu declared.
“What? Who's the dead man? Say that clearly!” exclaimed a shocked Niobe.
“Did you think Aldebaran would be killed by you without any counterattack?” Mu demanded.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
During a flashback, Aldebaran was sat down in his temple and as playing with a flower. That flower as a present given to him by a little girl when he was walking with his friends Aioria and Mu.
“Here you are!” smiled the girl, giving him the flower.
While he mused about that, Aldebaran had not notice Niobe's presence.
The flower faded because of the poisoned gas and when Aldebaran turned back, it was too late: Niobe's attack was starting to effect on him.
Aldebaran was loosing his senses when he saw the girl in danger.
“No... Great Horn!” the gentle giant cried out.
Before he died, Aldebaran stroked back. Niobe, believing that his attack had succeeded, laughed.
 
“When you're hugging yourself on that Aldebaran was killed by you... your body had been hit by his Great Horn and would go to pieces.” explained Mu.
“Shut up, I won't be like that…” rebutted a frightened Niobe, in a faint acute voice. “It can't be…”
Niobe crushed on the ground traumatized and he died, broken up after a few seconds.
 
Mu left without even turning back.
“Aldebaran…” he reflected crying. “You've been dead, but you saved me. If I didn't discover the smell of your Cloth and the Cosmo... I should have jumped at the bait. Thank you, Aldebaran, your death won't be in vain! I'll protect Athena well. Just becoming the star in the sky and protecting us!”
Aldebaran's Cosmo rose to the sky to rest in peace.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
Meanwhile Shun had decided to leave to Greece and as running in the docks with his Pandora Box on his shoulders.
“Hurry! We have to hurry to get to the Sanctuary.” he muttered.
Some saints reached him furtively.
“Who?” demanded an alarmed Shun.
“Would you like to go to Sanctuary?” mocked the first.
“So glad to see your courage.” replied the second.
“Who are you?” Shun asked.
“We are your enemies!” declared the third, appearing in front of him.
Shun leapfrogged him, jumping over. Skidding to a stop, he turned back, surprised.
 
“Why are you? Dio, Argeti, Sirius, didn't you die?” asked a very confused Shun.
“Thanks to Mr Hades, we relived again!” Dio told him.
“We are even more energetic than you. Would you like to prove that?” challenged Argeti, snapping his finger.
Argeti and Sirius rushed over to the unclothed Saint but he avoided them.
“No, I don't want to fight. I don't want hurt anyone if it's possible.” Shun protested.
“Shut up, take this!” declared Dio, kicking him in the stomach.
Shun was falling but Argeti blocked him.
Kornexolos!” he executed his move.
Shun flew back until he hit against a crane. Before he touched the ground Sirius continued the assault..
“Take my Red Fire Ray Punch!” he cried.
Shun fell, breaking a wall.
“I don't want to force you. If you don't stop playing with me, only suffering will wait for you.” ordered Sirius.
“I'm going to Sanctuary, no time to hesitate.” whispered Shun, clenching his teeth while he rose up and expanded his Cosmo. “Seiya, Hyoga, Shiryu, and brother Ikki, Miss Saori are waiting for me! I mustn't slack off here alone.”
The box opened and Shun droned on his cloth, still damaged after the previous battles.
“Shun of Andromeda is here, if you want to die, just come on! But I don't want to hurt anyone.” Andromeda Shun announced.
“Do you think that you will beat us with that dressing?” exclaimed Sirius, running towards him along with the other two.
“Nebula Chain!” Shun threw his attacking chain at the three Saints.
The three Saints were easily knocked and fell back on the ground.
“You are really awesome... In that case…” whispered Sirius smiling, as he died with the other two, his mission complete.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
“Now that some Specters have stolen on the twelve palace, I must... be careless. So I have to get Gemini Temple rapidly…” Mu noted while he ran up to the steps, when he stopped as the temple was surrounded by an enormous Cosmo.
“What's this? The deviant Cosmos from Gemini. The place without anyone can't... More closer, more stronger. But that's not some enemy's Cosmos. Who is watching Gemini on earth?” pondered Mu, surprised.
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
At the meantime Saga, Shura and Camus were already in the third temple and surprisingly Gemini's cloth was in front of them, ready for the battle.
“Saga…” Shura begun.
“You go first!” ordered Saga to Camus.
“But…” interrupted Shura.
“I'll deal with the rest. I never thought that he's still alive. And we still have the chance to meet face to face." replied Saga, who knows who was moving his old cloth.
 
***************************************************************** *****************************
 
SailorStar9: Chapter 5 is down. Anyway, I'm turning this fic into a Shun/Ami, Hyoga/Hotaru, Shakka/Setsuna.