Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Vortex Returned ❯ The Three of the Lament ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: And Chapter 3 goes up. This is Chapter 4.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing.
 
Chapter 4: The Three of the Lament
 
***************************************************************** **********************
In the first Temple there was a light breeze.
 
"Seiya's body, disappeared!" Death Mask gasped, amazed, given that it was Mu himself
who killed Seiya, apparently.
 
"It's as if a black hole sucked everything here into it!" added Aphrodite, advancing towards Mu.
 
"Mu, the power of your Starlight Extinction has not changed. But, you can't fool me." observed the hooded man.
 
"Where did you send Pegasus?".
 
Mu did not reply as he stood still. Death Mask and Aphrodite were worried for this discovery: it meant that Seiya was still alive.
 
"What do you mean by where? One who succumbs to Starlight Extinction can go nowhere but the World of the Dead." lied Mu.
 
"So be it. Bronze child, it won't make much difference whether he lives or dies." the man would not let Mr deceive him but he did not reproach him either because he was not interested in Seiya's life; his mission being another.
 
""Death Mask, Aphrodite! Go, get Athena's head! Mu cannot disobey me."
 
"As you wish." replied Death Mask, tired after the previous battle.
 
"It shall be done." Answered Aphrodite, walking toward the exit of the first temple.
 
Mu, who had up to now been idle and silent, leapt back and suddenly attacked the two former gold saints who fell to the ground. Aphrodite's helmet was broken.
 
"Mu, you still don't understand? Rebelling against those two means that you are rebelling against me." said the man.
 
"I've said that before. If doing this is a revolt against you, I will pay for it with my life.
 
But, Death Mask and Aphrodite, I can never forgive you!"
 
At the end, Mu decided to rebel against the man he must obey to fight in the name of Athena.
 
Mu's face was full of hate and he expanded his Cosmo while Death Mask and Aphrodite got up ready to fight.
 
"I will send them back to the Underworld with my own hands!" exclaimed Mu.
 
"For the first time, Mu, who always had a graceful smile like the sheep that run through the heavens, is going to bare his fangs." reflected the man.
 
"Former saints of Athena, being revived by pledging allegiance to Hades and coming to kill Athena...!" continued Mu, as he slowly opening his arms.
 
“I will never let those with tainted souls pass! Those guys were saints of Athena. I, Mu, will take you down by myself!"
 
"Take this, Mu! Sekishiki Meikaiha!" rebutted Death Mask, annoyed.
 
"I'll pierce your heart! Bloody Rose!" exclaimed Aphrodite.
 
The two strokes combined themselves and dashed toward Mu.
 
"Go back to the Underworld!"
 
"Run away." suggested the man, but it was too late.
 
"Starlight Extinction!" Mu created a powerful light beam.
 
"Nani?" they whispered while they disappeared in the light.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Meanwhile at the Five Peaks, Libra was sit in from of the waterfall when Shunrei arrived, sad and worried.
 
"Roshii..."
 
"Oh, Shunrei."
 
"You're leaving? Where are you doing?"
 
"That is... nah, Shunrei, you don't need to know." replied the man kindly .
 
"Then, when will you come back?"
 
"Hmm, when will I return... Maybe I'll never return."
 
"Why, what happened?"
 
"Listen, Shunrei. Even if I don't return, you have Shiryu."
 
Shunrei did not reply but her face showed that she was petrified.
 
"Never let go of that kind man whom you love, Shiryu." advised Libra peacefully.
 
Libra rose his look up to the sky where the images of Bronze Saints appeared.
 
Thinking to himself, he added, "Shiryu, Seiya, Hyoga, Shun, Ikki... Gomen nasi... For making you fight for so long. I want you live peacefully as normal boys from now on. And that is Athena's wish as well."
 
Shunrei was looking at the sky too when Libra got up, ready to leave.
 
"Promise me: live happily with Shiryu."
 
These were the last words from him before he jumped over the waterfall and disappeared.
 
"Roshii, roshii"!" cried Shunrei stretching out from the rock, but was too late.
 
While she was still looking at the waterfall, a man with a dark cloak appeared behind her and advanced slowly towards her.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
At the same time, in the first temple a slight trail of light is rising to the sky, fading.
 
"Death Mask and Aphrodite have completely disappeared from this world and retreated into the World of the Dead. Yes, true for only you two..." ascertained Mu, taking again his usual tone of voice.
 
"Mu, you are the foolish one. Killing those two does not stop this battle." Replied the man who was now alone.
 
"Even if you say that, I cannot leave. Until I eradicate Hades and his 108 Specters."
 
"I am not talking about the 108 Specters."
 
Mu's pupils widened in fear.
 
"Death Mask and Aphrodite aren't the only ones who came to kill Athena." continued the man.
 
"Nani?" exclaimed Mu, looking around without noticing anyone.
 
"There are still some others near his highness... No, I have met them, with these
Cosmos..."
 
The man smiled while some whirls started to appear around the columns.
 
"Masaka..." whispered Mu, while three more hooded men appear around him.
 
Mu drew back, worried.
 
"Yo, you guys too...! You guys gave in to Hades and came to kill Athena too?"
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Meanwhile, some more tombs had been uncovered.
 
"Too late... We can't do anything now... They were once the strongest in the Gold. Now they have been revived as our enemy. The Sanctuary still surely crumble from looks of it!" reflected Shaina.
 
“Do not be too sure, Ophiuchus.” a feminine voice interjected.
 
“Who's there?” Ichi demanded.
 
“Watashi wa Sailor Vortex.” the Senshi said, stepping out of the darkness.
 
“Vortex-sama.” Shaina knelt down in respect.
 
Both Ichi and Nachi followed suit.
 
“ At ease the three of you.” Sailor Vortex commented.
 
“Arigato gozaimasu.” Shaina muttered, standing up.
 
“What do you mean, Vortex-sama?” Nachi asked.
 
“Do you, for once, actually believe that they, out of all people, will betray Athena, Ophiuchus?” Sailor Vortex questioned.
 
Shaina was taken aback and shook her head.
 
“Iie. They will not.” she replied firmly.
 
Sailor Vortex nodded.
 
Then, looking up at the night sky, she smiled.
 
“Looks like Dohko has finally arrived.” she commented.
 
Turning back to the three Saints, Sailor Vortex added, “Continue your search.”
 
“Hai.” Shaina replied.
 
A gust of wind later, Sailor Vortex disappeared out of sight.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
At the Five Peaks, Shunrei was scared and withdrew.
 
"Who are you people?" she demanded.
 
There were three hooded men in front of her.
 
"Where are the Roshii and Shiryu?" they questioned.
 
"Why do I need to answer you?" retorted Shunrei, with some courage.
 
"Are you not going to tell us? Not telling us isn't in your best interest."
 
A man suddenly jumped to her, catching her wrist and rose her up so they could talk face to face:
 
"So would you tell us or let us force you to say?"
 
"Iie." shouted Shunrei.
 
"What are you doing!" exclaimed a voice in the shadows.
 
Shiryu came out, without his cloth and blindfolded.
 
"Let go of Shunrei! You have something for me, don't you?"
 
Shunrei, now free, placed herself aside.
 
"Shiryu..." she whispered while the others laughed.
 
"That voice!" reflected Shiryu, who seemed to recognize someone.
 
"If you can't remember, we'll tell you."
 
The three men removed the cloth, they were the former silver saints, now with a black cloth.
 
"Argor of Perseus!" exclaimed the chief of the group.
 
"Capella of Auriga!" on the left.
 
"Dante of Cerberus!" on the right.
 
"Those voices are the Silver Saints! But, what happened to cause those cosmos to become evil? What happened!"
 
"What happened?" replied Argor, laughing.
 
"We were revived by King Hades' power!" Capella announced.
 
"Hades?" Shiryu was stunned.
 
"And..." the third saint, Dante, allowed a nailed ball to fall.
 
"Shiryu!" Shunrei screamed, scared.
 
Dante rushed to Shiryu and hit him with the nailed ball. Shiryu fell back.
 
"Shiryu, we have come to kill you and your teacher!" exclaimed Dante, arrogantly.
 
"Wh, What?" whispered Shiryu while he got a vision of Libra
 
"Then, is it Hades' fault that the Roshii's sign disappeared? The cosmos of the Roshii, who in the rain or wind always sat in front of the waterfall, has completely disappeared!"
 
"We don't know where the Roshii went. But, Shiryu, you are going to die here!" exclaimed Capella, while he launched two discs that hit Shiryu in the stomach.
 
"Yamatte!” shouted a desperate Shunrei.
 
"Shinde, Shiryu!" Argor expanded his Cosmo and hit Shiryu with an incredible fist, letting him fall many meters behind.
 
Argor laughed but he suddenly changed his expression when he noticed that Shiryu was still alive.
 
"He can still move?"
 
Shiryu expanded his Cosmo and rose up.
 
"Roshii! Get out of there. I will go after Roshii!"
 
"What can you do with that body?" exclaimed the three angry men.
 
"Even if my eyes cannot see, my path still leads to Roshii!"
 
"Impertinent!" Capella ran towards him, followed by the others.
 
"Did you forget you have a replacement body! The Cosmos is a burning heart!" Shiryu screamed, concentrating and launching his stroke, "Rozan Shoryu Ha!"
 
A water dragon swept away the saints, when they fell to the ground, dead.
 
Shiryu gasped while Shunrei looked vacant at him.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
At the Sanctuary, in the first temple, some cracks were developing on the floor because of the Cosmos.
 
"You guys too...!" Mu was stunned while an hooded man removed off the cloth.
 
"Shura of Capricorn."
 
Some ice crystals floated on the air near to Mu and when they touched the ground, the
floor froze.
 
"Camus of Aquarius"
 
The last man emanated a galaxy Cosmo in his hood and acted openly.
 
"And... Saga of Gemini!" concluded Mu.
 
"You guys surrendered to Hades and came to kill Athena too?"
 
"Yes, that's right. Get out of my way, Mu!" replied Shura, gesticulating with his arm.
 
"Shura..." Mu trailed.
 
"If you don't, I'll kill you." ordered Shura while he walked closer, then suddenly he shouted, "Excalibur!"
 
Mu was too close to Shura and was soon reached by his arm. However, he was able to shift, just loosing some hair.
 
"Think you evaded it by teleporting? I won't just hit you hair next time."
 
"Shura, don't let Mu bleed to death. I'll do it." Announced Camus, getting in front of him.
 
"Camus!"
 
"This freeze... Diamond Dust!"
 
An ice sphere grew in Camus' hand, then it hit Mu, knocking him on a column.
 
"I can't allow those who have surrendered to Hades pass!" Mu swore, clenching his teeth.
 
"Are you still going to fight with that injury?" replied Shura with indifference.
 
"Nobody can break the will of a Gold Saint!"
 
"Yes, Mu will not move... The best thing I can do for you now is to kill you with one blow." replied Saga.
 
"Saga..."
 
***************************************************************** **********************
At the five peaks, Shunrei was still worried.
 
"What happened to make Roshii leave the Five Sacred Mountains?" he asked.
 
Shunrei ran toward Shiryu to embrace him, almost crying. Shiryu touched her hand,
Shunrei smiled but the she changed her expression because Shiryu moved her away.
 
"Gomen... Shunrei..."
 
Shunrei slumped to the ground, crying.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
"Saga, you guys really sold your souls?"
 
"It's not that... We just saw an offer we couldn't refuse." replied Saga, wanting him to understand that there was a valid reason because he accepted to be resuscitated.
 
"Are you saying that betraying Athena makes sense for a Gold Saint?" Mu was indignant.
 
"Yes." Saga could not reveal more.
 
"I have misjudged you, Saga!"
 
Mu launched a beam of light against Saga that stopped it easily with his hand.
 
"Mu, is that all you got? It seems like I have overestimated you." Saga replied.
 
"Nani?"
 
"Feel within your body, your immense weakness!"
 
Saga launched an energy stroke against Mu but he teleported himself and appeared in the air.
 
Camus preceded him and hit him on the stomach.
 
"Too slow!"
 
Mu landed, slipping on the back, but Shura flew towards him, hitting the Aries Saint over the chin.
 
"You thought you could evade me with that?"
 
Mu fell back.
 
"Do you understand, Mu? Your vocation is totally useless." explained Saga.
 
"I don't... why?"
 
Mu, still on the ground, scanned the other saints and with his heart's look, he saw that
Saga was crying blood.
 
"Can it be... Saga... He's crying... Saga, Saga's heart is crying. Not just Saga. Camus, Shura also is. I feel that their souls are in sorrow and crying with tears of blood!" thought Mu, while he rose up.
 
In reality, Saga moved close to Mu with a cruel face, hiding his state of mind.
 
"Mu..."
 
"So that's it, that was why." Mu finally understood something.
 
"Prepare yourself!"
 
Saga was about to rush to Mu when someone else stopped his enemy.
 
"My, my body!"
 
"Saga, stop it. I have paralyzed Mu." ordered the hooded men.
 
"I will finish Mu off. You guys hurry and get Athena's head."
 
A falling star crossed the sky.
 
"I won't say this again, you have twelve hours! Get Athena's head before twelve hours or else... Do you understand?" scolded the man ,while the other are down on their knees.
 
"Yes." they replied in chorus, they rise up and run away.
 
"Matte!” exclaimed Mu on the ground while the others looked at him and then went out from the temple.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
At the Five Peaks, Shunrei was alone and crying.
 
"Gone. Yes, I can't just cry." she rose up and rubbed her eyes "Until those two come back safely..."
 
***************************************************************** **********************
The hooded man walked towards Mu.
 
"Mu, are you prepared to pay for your treachery... Did you wake up? But... I still like you. So I will make your death painless. So long, Mu!"
 
Mu could not oppose, because he was on the ground, paralyzed. The man then expanded his Cosmo, rising his arm to hit Mu but the sundial's fires lit up, one by one.
 
The man was shocked and took back his arm.
 
"What? Who lit the fire?"
 
"I did." Libra arrived with the stick in his hand. Sailor Vortex was beside him
 
"R..Roshii..." Mu muttered.
 
"Long time no see, my friend." greeted Libra, talking to the man.
 
"Da, Dohko!"
 
"Has it been 243 years since the last time we met? But, I couldn't ever imagine seeing you in a situation like this. Why don't you show your face now, my friend?"
 
Mur nodded his head.
 
"And Pope who died in the Saga's War. Once one of the Gold Saints, Shrion of Aries!" revealed Libra.
 
The man removed off the cloth and showed his face. His cloth was similar as Mu's, but black.
 
"My teacher, Shrion of Aries... what that appearance of yours..." Noticed Mu.
 
"Wow... should be the same as me, 261 old... You look exactly like you did 243 years ago during the Holy War!" also observed Libra.
 
"Are you surprised, Dohko? This is the power of King of the Underworld, Hades." explained Shrion, happy.
 
"Nani?"
 
"After swearing allegiance to King Hades, I was granted this life and I have the body of an 18 years old, the age when humans are in their prime! In comparison, Dohko, you have aged."
 
"It's an illusion." interrupted Libra.
 
"Nani?"
 
"Your young looks and lives are mere illusion. Why do you think Dohko lit the clock tower? Your lives are but an illusion that only lasts until those fires go out. Shrion, you at
least should know this." Sailor Vortex added.
 
“I, too, know of Hades' laws, Shrion.” she replied.
 
Shrion did not reply.
 
“You did not have to do that to Pegasus, Aries.” Sailor Vortex reproached him.
 
“Doushite?” Mu asked.
 
“I was the one who summoned them here.” she replied.
 
"Mu. Immediately go after Shura and the others. And, cooperate with Aioria and do not
let them near Athena!" ordered Libra to Mu.
 
"There are twelve hours until the clock tower's flames extinguish. Until then, defend Athena at any cost!"
 
Some electrical sparks burst out on Mu's body.
 
"You should be able to move, now."
 
"Hai." Mu agreed, looking at his hands.
 
"I will fight. Go, Mu!"
 
"Hai."
 
Mur rose up and ran off, passing in front of Shrion.
 
"Matte, Mu!"
 
"Do not move! Shrion, I will be your opponent." Libra stopped him pointing the stick to him "It has been 243 years since the last time we fought, so let's take our time."
 
"If we fight, it may start another One Thousand Years War. Dohko, can it be that you..." replied Shrion.
 
"As you wish."
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: Phew, two chapters in one shot. Read and review.