Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Vortex Returned ❯ A New Holy War is going to start ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 2 goes up. This is Chapter 3. (Pouts) You guys don't like my fics any more.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing.
 
Chapter Summary: While Mu goes out to face the new threat, Sailor Vortex muses on how her post at the Dimensional Gates came about. Pegasus arrives to lend Mu a hand, only to be blasted off by the Gold Saint.
 
Chapter 3: A New Holy War is going to start
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Mu had exited the Aries Temple to deal with the intrusion.
 
Back in the Aries Temple, Sailor Vortex was musing over her past.
 
When the Gods came into power, the High Council was formed. The six seats of the High Council consisted of Zeus, Hera, Hestia, Demeter, Hades, and Poseidon.
 
With the Gods in place, the Fates decided that a Guardian must be found for the Dimensional Gates. One that was solely responsible for keeping the numerous
dimensions in line and make sure that none of them collide into each other, or worse, combine together without the permission of the Fates. And wherever the need arises, she must enter the disturbed dimension and set things right. In addition, Atropos entrusted her with the Key of the Soul Pits, which was used to seal the Gate to the Pits of Souls.
 
Unlike her fellow Guardian of the Time Gates, Sailor Vortex did not have a planet to drain the mana she needed for her attacks. As a result, she had to rely on her own magic reserves to use her attacks. Pulling out portals, casting energy balls and creating protective walls was easy for her. Other than that, she will experience an energy drain if she pulled off an attack.
 
As the Senshi of Dimensions, however, the sole Guardian of the Dimensional Gates had taboos. One of them was not to use the forbidden spell to transform into Sailor Chaos. Another was that she was forbidden to fall in love, as the role of the Guardian was a long and lonely one.
 
And the reason why she was banished from the Dimensional Gates two millennia ago was because she broke the second law. (A/N: Who her lover is will remind a secret. I'm still waiting for your votes, people!) As a result, she was cast to the Solar System to be reborn as one of the eight Solar Princesses `destined' to guard the White Moon Princess. The Dimensional Staff, the Key of the Soul Pits, the Dreamer and Mystic Crystal was locked up at the Dimensional Gates, waiting for their rightful mistress to return. The Gate itself was sealed up by the Fates, only to be opened when Sailor Vortex reappeared.
 
“When the seal - that Athena cast on the evil at the end of the Holy War 243 years ago - will lose its power, the 108 Evil Demons lead by Hades, King of the Underworld, will live again from the depths of the darkness." Sailor Vortex muttered.
 
“Are you seeing what I'm seeing, Dohko?” she whispered.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Back with Mu, the Aries Saint was walking down to the massive courtyard.
 
Suddenly, he stopped and announced, “I'll not guarantee your life if you step closer.”
 
A cloaked figure appeared before him.
 
“You won't attack me, Mu.” he announced.
 
At that proclaim, Mu was shocked, “Nani?”
 
Under the moonlight, a face was revealed briefly.
 
"Did you forget...my face."
 
Mu caught a glimpse, two familiar eyes appears over the hood and needless to say he was shocked.
 
"Masaka …Y, You are..."
 
“Isn't that disrespectful in my presence? Kneel down."
 
Mu hesitated.
 
"What happened? Can't you follow my orders?" the cloaked man demanded.
 
Mu quickly went down on his knees.
 
"Hai. That will do. You cannot go against what I say." the man said, after a short pause.
 
Then he continued, solemnly, "Mu, I order you: bring Athena's head here within twelve hours. You can do it."
 
Obviously, Mu could not execute such an order: he would betray Athena.
 
But he did not refuse immediately, he would betray the man he seemed to know well.
"I, I..."
 
"What are you hesitating for? Now, quickly bring Athena's head..."
 
"Even if it is your highness's order, I cannot do that." A desperate Mu replied.
 
A red rose appeared.
 
"You know how sinful it is not to follow his highness's order." a familiar voice interjected.
 
"That voice...!" Mu exclaimed, standing up.
 
Another cloaked man arrived, letting a rose fall. The light showed his face: he's Aphrodite!
 
"You are...!"
 
"Seems like you remembered." Aphrodite replied.
 
From a near pillar, Death Mask also revealed himself, cloaked and laughing.
 
"You guys!" Mu was getting angry, while the two former Gold Saints were laughing by themselves.
 
"Death Mask of Cancer." he exclaimed with pride.
 
"Aphrodite of Pisces." The other said with sensual voice.
 
"You, those bodies are... Couldn't pass away and wandered out as a ghost."
 
Mu was perplexed, so Death Mask started to speak:
 
"We are not ghosts. We swore to King Hades and were granted a new life!"
 
"Hades! King of the Underworld..." Mu was shocked, while the others continued laughing.
 
"In exchange for the life, became a puppet of Hades... Trying to take Athena's life... Are you still a former Saint of Athena? You ought to be ashamed" Mu retorted.
 
"Shut up! Living all these years can't understand the fear of the World of the Dead!" Death Mask exclaimed, taking off his cape.
 
Aphrodite removed his cape too. They both bore a cloth.
 
"Why are you wearing the Gold Cloth?" Mu was surprised, because the cloth's shape was the same of the Gold ones; then, he noticed the color.
 
"No, it's different... Black like the bottomless darkness... A cold shine like the moon... It is not the Gold Cloth!"
 
"Yes, this is not the Gold Cloth." A satisfied Death Mask explained.
 
"Rather, the Cloth of the World of the Dead, the Surplice! King Hades' loyal soldier of the World of the Dead! The Mark of Specter!" Death Mask went on, pointing his finger:
 
"Move there, Mu, you are not even worth talking to!"
 
Mu did not reply. Instead, he closed his eyes and opened his arms, like he was meditating.
 
"Are you going against his highness?"
 
"True... I can never go against his highness. But do not think you wishes will go through me!" Mu answered quietly.
 
"Then, we will go through by brute force!" Death Mask demanded.
 
Death Mask and Aphrodite flew close to the ground to pass the first Temple but Mu refused to move and created an energetic barrier against them.
 
"Sekishiki Meikaiha!" Death Mask tried quickly to break it, but his blow was stopped and returned, like it has been reflected by a mirror. The saint then fell back to a column.
 
“Meikaiha... was repelled..." Death Mask remarked sadly, while Mu's barrier was still working
 
"Nani! This is!"
 
Death Mask stood up to try again, even if he was not very sure, but Aphrodite interrupted him with elegance:
 
"Matte, Death Mask. Just the defense of Mu, I'll break through it."
 
A red rose was flying in the air...
 
"The black rose that crushes every thing that touches it..."
 
The rose turned black and returned in Aphrodite's hand, with many petals.
 
"Pirahnian Rose!"
 
Roses flew to the barrier but they were sent back, hurting Aphrodite badly .
 
"What?" the Saint cried, while he fell with a damaged cloth.
 
"Do you understand now? No one can break through this Crystal Wall. Attacking the
Crystal Wall is like attacking your own reflection in a mirror. The attack is repelled, and you merely hurt yourself." Mu explained, protected because he was behind the barrier.
 
"Enough is enough, Mu." the man who was still with the hood, interrupted.
 
"There two are my followers. Everything that you are doing will be a mutiny against me. Deactivate the Crystal Wall."
 
Mu was silent, still standing firm.
 
"I'll force it to. I can't just force my way through it, are you?" the man launched a little light, breaking the barrier easily. Mu stopped to defend himself.
 
"Now, go, to the room of the goddess, where Athena sleeps. Go get the head of Athena." the man ordered while the two Gold Saints were rising up.
 
"We're former guardians of the Sanctuary." Death Mask exclaimed.
 
"We know all the passages of the Twelve Palaces." Aphrodite continued.
 
"Stop it, Mu." the man has noticed a disappointment from Mu.
 
“I have said that they are my followers. If you point your sword at them, you are also pointing your sword at me. Are you going to point that sword to me, Mu?"
 
Mu suddenly felt impotent.
 
"Get out of the way!" Death Mask exclaimed, jumping up and knocking Mu off.
Mu was hurt.
 
"You...!" Death Mask had hoped that Mu let him pass.
 
"To defend this Twelve Palaces is my calling. I am Mu of Aries. Even if I get killed, I cannot let them pass."
 
"Then, I'll kill you!"
 
Death Mask blew Mu away with many fists.
 
When he expanded his Cosmo to kill him, someone attacked the Cancer Saint from the back.
 
"W, Who interfered with me!" Death Mask questioned, as he fell on the ground.
 
"Seiya..." Mu was surprised.
 
Seiya jumped toward them, carrying the cloth in the box.
 
"Mu, what happened? Why are you just letting yourself get beat up? What are these people?"
 
Death Mask and Aphrodite were laughing.
 
"Aphrodite, Death Mask!"
 
After a while, Seiya recognized them but he still did not understand.
 
"Why are these fallen warriors in the Twelve Palaces? W, Why! Is this a dream or is it a ghost?"
 
"They are not ghosts. They are now the King of the Underworld, Hades' soldiers, Specter." Mu answered.
 
"Specter?"
 
Seiya was confused and Mu tried to explain:
 
At that point, Sailor Vortex intervened.
 
"Athena's true enemy, the one who must be defeated. That is... Hades. In the distant past, there was a long and intense battle between Hades, who tried to rule with the darkness and fear, and Athena, who tried to stop that from happening... To stop that, Athena has summoned the Saints to this place." she explained, taking over from Mu, although she was still in the shadows.
 
“I see you've interpreted my dreams correctly, Pegasus.” she replied, turning a knowing glaze at the Bronze Saint.
 
“You… you are the one from my dreams!” Seiya exclaimed.
 
“Yes, I am, Pegasus.”
 
“Who are you?” Seiya demanded.
 
“My identity will remain a secret for the moment, Pegasus.” the female answered.
 
"So, that was it! The battles until now were all just preliminary skirmishes!" Seiya exclaimed, turning his attention back to Mu.
 
"If you understand it, go back. This is no longer a place where a Bronze Saint like you can come. Hurry and leave." Mu warned.
 
"What are you saying? How can I go back! I will fight too, for Athena!" Seiya protested.
 
"If you do not follow, only death awaits you, it is the order of Athena." Mu warned.
 
"What? Athena, Miss Saori drove us Bronze Saints like us and said to kill them if we do not follow?" a shocked Seiya exclaimed.
 
"Yes. This is the wish of Athena." Mu answered.
 
"That's not true! We are Athena's Saints!" Seiya was almost crying but he refrained.
 
"Mu, this is some mistake of some sort! Let me talk to Miss Saori, let me talk to Athena!"
 
"It is a mistake of some sort..." Seiya shouted, disbelievingly.
 
Seiya could not end the phrase because Mu blew him back with energy, letting him fall.
 
"It is not a mistake."
 
"It is. I won't believe it!" a desperate Seiya said, while he stood up.
 
"You're noisy!" Death Mask shouted, bored by the talking, suddenly attacked Seiya and, sure of his power, blew a punch to his stomach.
 
"Interfering with me, and the next moment someone complaints! Enough is enough!" shouted Death Mask to Seiya, who was almost crying.
 
"You guys are already done with your job!"
 
Death Mask kicked Seiya but the Bronze Saint blocked with his hand; his eyes looking nowhere, then he spoke again:
 
"Miss Saori, Miss Saori, would never say that!"
 
Seiya had decided to fight, even if Mu and Athena would not allow him to.
 
"I'm going to do it!" he finally said in determination, while he drone his cloth.
 
"I'll fight you. Come on, Death Mask!"
 
"Humph, what is that sorry Cloth? Pitiful that even Mu won't mend it. Think you can beat me with that trashy Cloth?"
 
"The Cloth will not help you beating me!"
 
"Is that so?"
 
Seiya expanded his Cosmo while Death Mask prepared himself to attack him.
 
"Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!"
 
Death Mask, who believed to end the battle soon with a punch, was blown by Seiya's Cosmo.
 
"Stand up, Death Mask! I'll fight you until you blow bubbles like a real crab!"
 
"You little brat! I'll kick you down into bowels of the Underworld!" an angry Death Mask retorted, while he was standing up.
 
"You, Death Mask, are the one going back down there!"
 
"Take this, Sekishiki Meikaiha!" Death Mask expanded his Cosmo.
 
"Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!"
 
Seiya was ready to blow while suddenly he was knocked from the back and paralyzed.
 
Death Mask was surprised too.
 
"Nani?"
 
"Doushite...?"
 
It was Mu.
 
"I said that, if you do not leave, I will give you death."
 
"That's... Miss Saori..." he whispered, crying, while he went back to the ground.
 
"Is it true that you're finished with us? Why is it, why!"
 
Mu was still silent.
 
"It is true, and on top of that, we'll tell you one more thing: Mu is not only going to kill you Bronze, but he is also going to sacrifice Athena's like to King Hades! Do you get it?" Death Mask replied.
 
"I am not going believe anything you say!" Seiya retorted
 
 
"It is your choice to believe or not," a satisfied Death Mask answered "but Mu must do it even if he does not wish to do so. As long as his highness is our ally!"
 
"His... highness?"
 
"There is no one that goes against his highness in this Sanctuary. I'll tell you in exchange for a ticket to the Underworld. Listen carefully, Seiya! His highness's name is..."
 
Death Mask was about to kill Seiya when Mu blocked him.
 
"Do not meddle unheedingly!"
 
"What!"
 
"I am going to finish Seiya."
 
Mu twisted Death Mask's wrist and launched him away, then he went for Seiya.
 
"Mu..."
 
"Seiya, go to sleep peacefully!"
 
Mu started to expand his Cosmo.
 
"This can't be, Mu!"
 
Under the sight from Athena's statue, Mu launched his blow against Seiya:
 
"Starlight Extinction!"
 
Seiya was blasted off to gods-knows-where.
 
"Miss Saori!"
 
***************************************************************** **********************
Meanwhile Athena was resting in his room in the Sanctuary when she felt Seiya's Cosmo.
 
"Seiya? I thought I heard Seiya's voice just now." she thought while she stood up.
 
"Oh yeah. I said to not let Seiya and the others near the Sanctuary. He can't be near here..."
 
A little wake of light was all that remained of Seiya in the first temple...
 
The Cosmo of Sailor Vortex had also vanished from the Aries Temple.
 
***************************************************************** **********************
SailorStar9: Hrm, isn't exactly my best work. Read and review.