Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Pearls of Experience ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Trigun or Sailor Moon

Sharem: Hi everyone…^_^ I know, I have other stories that I need to finish but this one just wouldn't leave my mind. This is my first story in the Sailor Moon Crossovers section and the story takes place after the end of both anime.

IMPORTANT! I just started a group for my stories…If anyone is interested in getting updates of my stories and discuss them at length, please join my group…^_^ The link is in my profile…^_^

Pearls of Experience

Chapter Seven - Confrontation

"Mmm…man, those donuts were great!" Vash the Stampede exclaimed while patting his full stomach. He had walked into the living room with young Chad Lowery. The young boy sat down on one of the chairs while the outlaw sprawled out on the couch.

Chad rolled his eyes at the broom-haired man and giggled as he let out a huge belch. "Geez, Mr. Vash, you're a nut," the boy remarked.

Vash laughed and made goofy faces, making the boy laugh out loud. Just then, a woman with short dark hair and blue-gray eyes came down the stairs and had an annoyed look on her face. "Vash! What are you doing now?" she asked impatiently.

The blonde Plant glanced at the woman and gave her his silly grin as he belched once more. "Oh, I'm just entertaining this kid here, Insurance Girl," he replied casually. This made Meryl a little angry and she stormed off into the kitchen. "Oops…I think I made her mad at me…what do you think?"

Chad thought for a moment and then nodded at the outlaw. "Yeah…she looked like my mom whenever Dad says something really stupid."

"I'll apologize to her later…but I have no idea what I'd be apologizing for," Vash said thoughtfully as he burped again, causing another round of laughter from the young boy.

Meryl made a face as she turned away from the Humanoid Typhoon. 'Why do I let that man get under my skin like that?' she thought to herself as she entered the kitchen. The sight before her made her stop and stare. The blue haired doctor, Ami Mizuno, was hugging a little girl tightly. The girl had pink hair put up in a strange style and was crying profusely. Meryl was able to perceive that the little girl was despondent about something; it just made her want to comfort the strange girl.

"Are…is everything okay?" the insurance woman asked hesitantly, taking a step towards the pair.

Ami looked up and nodded, smiling gently at her friend. She tenderly let go of Chibiusa and guided the girl to a chair at the table. "Everything will be okay," the doctor answered. "Well…eventually."

Meryl nodded as she sat down at the table next to the pink haired girl. She studied the girl for a moment and realized that people do not have pink hair naturally…or eyes that were a deep shade of crimson. She knew that this girl was different, but how different was one thought going through her mind.

"I'm Meryl Stryfe," the young woman replied, holding out her hand to the little princess. "And may I ask your name, little one?"

Chibiusa glanced up that the dark haired woman and gave her a weak smile but did not accept the friendly gesture. "I'm…I'm Usagi Tsukino Chiba…Well, you can put Ami-chan's last name at the end of that," she answered dully. "But everyone calls me Chibiusa. Sorry if I didn't shake your hand…I'm…I'm not feeling well."

Meryl nodded and gave the little girl a sympathetic look. "I understand, Chibiusa. If you ever feel like it, you can come to talk to me or my friend Millie. Also, I have some time today if you would like to do some shopping."

The pink haired girl smiled faintly at her and then looked at Ami. "Ami-chan, may I go with Miss Stryfe?" she asked politely.

Ami smiled and nodded. "Of course you may, little one. Since Chad is here, why don't you take him along as well? You two seemed to have made friends with each other."

Chibiusa nodded as she stood up from the table and gave the former senshi another hug. She then smiled shyly at Meryl who gestured to the little girl to follow her to the living room. As they were about to leave the kitchen, Ami remembered something.

"Meryl, could you get Chibiusa whatever she wants to eat at the restaurant?" she asked and saw the Insurance woman smile and nod. The doctor had a feeling that she could trust the young woman to watch over the young princess and care for her. As they left, she had to stifle a laugh when she heard Meryl get angry at Vash for being rude and then heard laughter come from the Lowery boy. She hoped that these new friends of hers will make Small Lady happy and keep her thoughts from her deceased family.

Ami made a small breakfast consisting of a couple of hard-boiled eggs and two sliced of buttered toast. She placed it on a tray and headed for the stairs. She noticed that Wolfwood and Millie had just closed the front door and apparently were going with Meryl and the children. That would leave her alone in the house with Knives, a prospect that did not go over well with her. She took a deep breath and slowly walked up the stairs towards her patient's door. She opened the door quietly and noticed that the blonde Plant was apparently still asleep.

She set the breakfast tray on the stand and then briefly left the room to gather the supplies she would need in removing the stitches from Knives. When she reentered the room, she noticed that her patient was already awake and glaring at her with his cold, cerulean eyes. Ami sighed mentally as she slowly approached her patient.

"After you eat your breakfast, I'll take your stitches out," she replied in an even tone as she went to a table close to the window and started prepping her equipment.

The Plant kept glaring at the blue haired woman and then glanced at the small breakfast. "You know that I will kill you today," he remarked casually, watching the doctor's reaction. When he saw her body stiffen, he grinned evilly as he knew he hit a sore spot.

Ami could not ignore the words that spewed out of the Plant's mouth. Before she knew that Chibiusa was still alive, she was contemplating how she could possibly die. Of course, the Ginzuishou would not allow her to pass onto the next life until her mission was complete. Then, and only then, could she be killed. But now, with the princess' arrival, she had felt a surge of protectiveness overwhelm her petite frame and knew that she needed to be around to watch her young charge grow.

"Not today, Knives, you will not," she stated coldly as she removed the bandages from his left arm and legs. "I have more important things to take care of first."

Knives was slightly taken aback with what the doctor just said. He had been expecting her to at least cringe in fear, not stand up for herself. He didn't know how to react to that so he decided to just glower in her general direction and refused to eat his food.

Upon seeing his mood, Ami shook her head and picked up the tools that she would need in removing the stitches. She went to his legs first and took the tiny pair of scissors began cutting the sutures carefully. Once all of them were cut, she got out a small pair of tweezers and began pulling the stitches out. She pulled on the first one slowly and noticed that it caused a bit of pain on her patient.

"What the hell are you doing?" he complained loudly. "Are you trying to keep me crippled?"

The former senshi just rolled her eyes and pulled the second one out swiftly, causing the man to gasp at the sudden pain. "Which would you prefer, Knives, the fast way or the slow and torturous way of pulling out your sutures?" she asked, holding up the tweezers.

The homicidal Plant glared at the blue haired woman and crossed his arms in front of his chest, well as best as he could with the right arm in a cast. He wanted the doctor to suffer pain in a slow and torturous way, but knew that he could not do that at the present moment.

"Just finish this as quickly as possible," he answered in a low voice, the glare in his icy eyes changing slightly.

Ami nodded and began pulling out the rest of the stitches quickly. Each time that she did, Knives flinched in pain but kept his mouth shut. He did not want to show any weakness and the doctor had just realized that. If he wasn't such an arrogant and apparently homicidal being, she might actually like the Plant. When she was finished with the legs, she move to her patient's left arm. The doctor hesitated slightly when she saw the raw hatred on his handsome face.

'Handsome? When did I think that?' she thought to herself as she began pulling out the stitches in the arm. As soon as she was finished, her patient moved so quickly that she was not prepared for what happened next. Knives had grabbed her arm and pulled her to the bed and seized the tiny scissors. He then yanked the doctor against his bare chest and held the scissors against her neck.

"Now I will kill you," he whispered huskily in Ami's ear, causing her heart to race. He traced the scissors along her neck, drawing a little blood where the point cut her skin. It was just a shallow cut, but it was still painful to the senshi. She struggled to free herself; however that just made the Plant hold her even closer.

"Please let me go…" Ami pleaded softly, closing her eyes. "I need to take care of Chibiusa."

"You mean that pink haired spore?" Knives asked maliciously. "Why would you want to take care of an unusual looking freak of a spider like her? Yes, I heard you and that brat talking last night when she arrived."

The former senshi stopped her struggling and sighed in defeat. "Small Lady is not a freak, nor is she a spider as you claim," she said softly, her eyes still closed.

"If the brat isn't a spider, then what is she?" he asked, his voice low and dangerous. "That name…Small Lady…I heard that somewhere."

Ami felt the Plant turn her around and opened her eyes. She nearly gasped when she saw how close his face was to hers. "I…I can't tell you," she answered slowly, her sapphire eyes showing fear.

Knives leaned in closer to the doctor, almost tasting the fear she was exhibiting. "You will tell me, human, everything that I wish to know."

"I…am…not…human…" she managed to whisper loud enough for the man to hear. "I…may have been born human, but I am not one."

The Plant nearly let go of the blue haired woman. He caught himself in time and was still able to keep his hold on the woman. "Interesting…tell me about this Silver Millennium, woman," he hissed. "I had a dream last night and I remember the names Small Lady and Lady Mercury were mentioned, along with a place called the Silver Millennium. I heard that spore almost call you Lady Mercury last night as well, doctor. My hearing is much better than a spider."

Ami looked at Knives; surprise was evident on her face. She tried to look away but the man was much stronger and he forced her to look him directly into his cerulean eyes. "I…I said that I can't tell you," she responded with a lifeless tone.

"You will tell me!" he roared, holding the scissors against her neck once again. "Or I will hurt that thing you are now calling a daughter!"

Suddenly, a flash of silvery-blue light illuminated the small room. Knives immediately let Ami go, the light temporarily blinding him. When his sight came back, the doctor was standing next to him and was dressed in a strange manner. She was wearing a flowing dress that looked like it was made with the finest silk. The color was a light blue and was held up by inch wide straps and some golden buckles. Around her shoulders was a white cape that seemed to float even though there was no breeze coming into the room. The dark blue hair was the same with the exception of a small silvery chain weaved throughout her locks. She looked like a princess in his eyes.

"I shall not allow you to hurt my young princess," the woman stated in a cold, yet regal, tone. "You wish that I tell you everything? I cannot and will not tell you, Knives Millions. The time to tell my tale has not yet come and I will not rush time just to satisfy your whims and childish curiosity."

Knives glared at the princess-like woman for a moment. "No woman, human or not, can tell me what to do," he retorted, finally able to find his voice. "I do as I wish!"

The woman princess shook her head and gazed at the Plant with pity in her sapphire eyes. "It was a human woman who hurt you emotionally, was it not," she stated, not asked. She then smiled sympathetically at the man. "With that in mind, I will tell you a couple of things with one condition. You must not tell anyone until I reveal everything to my friends."

The blonde Plant growled at the woman when she said that a human woman had hurt him. He was not about to let her know that it was the truth. "Fine, I will keep whatever you tell me a secret from my brother, the traitor and their female pets," he smirked, his cold eyes not showing any emotion.

The woman nodded as she held out a hand and a blue staff appeared. On top of it was a glass bubble with the symbol for Mercury inside of it. "I was the First Princess of Mercury, Princess Mercury," she began, her voice growing soft at the memories. "That was my first life that I can remember. I was reborn into Ami Mizuno and then became Lady Mercury, or Sailor Mercury. I may have been born human in this current lifetime, but I am not. I am Mercurian by my birthright and abilities yet I still consider myself human."

Knives stared at the woman for a few minutes, not exactly believing what she was saying. "If…you aren't human, then why consider yourself as one?"

Lady Mercury sighed. "Because humans are worthy beings even if you cannot allow yourself to see that. Vash obviously sees their worth and puts his trust in many of them. He has even put his love with one of them yet he does not yet realize it. I have told you a little of my secrets…are you willing to do the same with me? Are you able to tell my why you hate humans so much that you are willing to kill every single one?"

"I do not have to tell you anything, woman," he spat, feeling angry at himself for some strange emotion he was feeling deep within himself. "Why are you acting like you care towards me? I have threatened to kill you and that spore…and I will kill you when I get the chance."

The petite blue haired princess strode over to the Plant and sighed softly once again. "Despite the things you have done, Knives, even you can still be redeemed. You do not have to change your personality, your character, but just be willing to accept the responsibility for your actions. That is why I was able to bring Nick back from the dead. And maybe soon, this planet can be an Eden for everyone…you…me…and everyone else."

The tall plant seemed to slump in his bed and tore his gaze from the Mercurian and stared at his cast. "In my dream…Rem said that there was still hope for me…" [AN: I know…he's OOC at the moment…^_^;]

"Tell me about the dream," Lady Mercury replied in a gentle tone.

The Plant refused to look at the woman as he began to talk about the dream. He spoke of the shadowed people he saw and that they were talking about butterflies and living outside of time. That part had intrigued him and then explained that Rem came to him as an angel. She refused to let him see the rest of what she called a memory. He closed his eyes as he remembered how he felt when he woke up. He did not want to explain to anyone how much he had actually loved the woman named Rem.

"I understand," the blue haired woman said tenderly, her hand reaching out to the Plant and ran it through his light blonde hair. It was a friendly gesture that was not lost on the man. "You felt that she loved your brother more than you. But in reality, she loved you both equally."

Knives glanced up at the woman when she willing touched his hair. He was slightly shocked, to say the least, but what shocked him more was the fact that it was a rather pleasant feeling. Not used to the strange emotions, he slapped her hand away and missed the hurt look on her face.

"I do not need nor have any use for your understanding," he spat, reverting back to his usual mean behavior. "But…I will not tell my idiot brother anything and…I will not harm that pink spore, unless she annoys me to no end."

Lady Mercury nodded and then had a very tired look on her face. She sat suddenly in one of the chairs and a silvery blue light flashed. She had transformed back into Ami; her clothing had the appearance of being rumpled. Ami yawned a little and then glanced shyly at the blonde.

"Thank you for your promise," she commented in a soft tone. "It has…been a very long time since I used my abilities like that. It took a lot of energy from me to transform like that…and that was only done because I was angry at you for threatening Chibiusa."

Ami stood up from the chair but was not exactly steady on her feet. "Please, eat your breakfast and I'll check up on you later," she replied as she slowly went over to the door. "I need to do my doctor rounds."

Knives did not say anything as he watched the petite woman leave the room. He knew that he should have said something about her sitting down in order to gather her strength, but his pride held him back. This woman was willing in giving him another chance, just like his twin brother. 'Just like Rem,' he thought to himself as he took a bite out of the toast that was on the food tray.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Sir! I just detected another energy spike coming from Gunsmoke."

"What is it this time, Tidus?"

"It had a blue aura to the energy and wait…the computer is printing out more data."

A tall man with short blonde hair stood up from a throne-like chair that was in the middle of a ship's bridge. He walked over to a woman with long blue hair and stared at the printout the computer was spewing out. He ripped the paper out and started reading the results. He began cursing to himself as he crumpled the paper and threw it across the bridge. Many of the spaceship's personnel had to dodge the paper.

"General Jedite, sir…the readings the computer showed…do you think it's possible?" the blue haired woman asked tentatively.

Jedite whirled around and glared at his underling. "Commander Tidus, with the Silver Crystal involved, anything is possible," he barked at the woman. She cringed away from the man and went back to her post. He growled as he sat back in his chair and began thinking.

'So…Sailor Mercury is still alive…I thought I had killed all of the senshi. That's okay…At least I know I will have a challenge in getting the Ginzuishou from the wench. Maybe…maybe I'll make her my personal slave when I defeat that senshi and gain the Crystal for myself.'

With that thought, the evil General laughed maniacally, the sound reverberated throughout the large ship as it sped towards its destination: the planet Gunsmoke.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Yeah, Knives is a bit OOC in this chapter, but it was done for a reason…heh.