Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Voltron Fan Fiction ❯ Mission:Arus ❯ Mission:Arus ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok a few people asked me when I was going to update this story. So for all of you who like this fic here you go.

Mission: Arus

Chapter 1

Serena had been working at the `Castle Of Lions' for a few weeks now, and nothing eventful had happened. She cleaned rooms, washed sheets, and helped in the kitchen. It was one such day that she was working in the kitchen, when she ran into a little bit of trouble. The Voltron force was busy in other parts of the castle, and they were going to have a straightly meeting on about an hour. It was Serena's job to make snacks for that meeting. Serena was working with Nana who was in charge of the castle servants.

"Serena this is for our princess so make sure nobody touches them until they are delivered to the meeting hall" said Nana gesturing toward a platter piled high with cookies. Nana then went to work at the other end of the kitchen to prepare more snacks. It wasn't long until you herd "WAK!"

"OUCH!"

"WAK! WAK! WAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"OUCH!!!!!"

"What's going on here?" said an out of breath Nana.

"He tried to steal a few cookies Nana," stated a spatula welding Serena.

"Pidge! What have I told you about sneaking around in my kitchen?" said Nana.

"Ha ha stay out?" came Pidge's reply.

"That's right now shoo we'll have a plate full of goodies in time for the meeting".

"Ok" was Pidge's only reply as he walked out of the kitchen rubbing his soar hand. Nana watched Pidge go then turned to Serena laughing "you did good Serena, someone needs to help me keep those boys in line".

"No problem Nana, it's fun to keep any boys in line" said Serena spatula still in hand. Half an hour later they finished the food platters for the Princess Allura, Serena and Nana then took them to the conference room. The Voltron Force was already there in deep discussion about their enemies on planet Doom. They were beging to get worried, Prince Lotor hadn't sent a robeast in several weeks. Not that they were complaing, they enjoyed the peace and quite. But too much of it tended to make them suspious of an upcoming attack; it was kind of like the calm before the storm. It meant that they would have to be on their guard. It also meant that Serena would have to keep an eye out for Princess Allura. So that was were Serena was now taking jobs nobody wanted only to get close to Allura to protect her better.

Serena was just putting the platters of goodies on the table when princess Allura asked her if she could see her for a moment. "Serena I would like to go and pick berries later this afternoon, would you come with me?"

"I would be honored to go your majesty," said Serena as she bowed to the princess.

"Well go and talk to Nana she's making the arrangements, goodbye until then Serena."

"Thank you Princess, I will see you then."

Two hours later Serena, Nana, Princess Allura, and two members of the Voltron Force were in a carriage on their way to the berry patches near the forest edge. On the way there they would talk and laugh and get to know each other better, Serena never gave too much away. She told them what she liked and a little bit about her family, by the end of the ride they had become good friends.

When they got to the berry patches they paired off Keith and Princess Allura went one way, Lance, Nana and Serena went another. They had a happy time talking and enjoying the afternoon sun. But Serena was on her guard, she felt something in the air, something was just not right. As the day wore on their backsets got full and after a few hours they were done and gathered around the carriage loading their hall of berries. `What a wonderful day' thought Serena.

That was until the carriage started to shake then exploded in what appeared to be a thousand pieces, scaring the horses they bolted. Everyone was thrown into the air had it not been for Keith, Princess Allura would have had a very hard landing, Keith caught the princess and landed on his feet. Nana and Lance fell in a heap, because Lance tried to break Nana's fall, but because she was quite heavy he lost his hold on her and ended up in a heap. Serena nearly landed on her feet but had to roll because of her momentum. When Serena looked up she gasped, there standing a few yards away was a snake like robeast. It was well over 8ft tall, it resembled a king cobra. It had well muscled arms and no feet (think snake with arms and a human face), with a human face. To the beasts left stood Prince Lotor, he was a tall man with long white hair and blue skin. He smiled at Princess Allura "Come with me my beautiful princess and I'll let your friends live". As he said his a squad of his robotic solders surrounded them with guns raised and ready to fire. The only thing they could do is raise their hands in surrender.

Well that's all for now. I hope you like it; there will be more on Serena's purpose and mission in the next chapter. I didn't think anyone would read this story, but it seems some people out there like it. I do not own Sailormoon or Voltron. If I did I'd have Voltron beating up the Power Rangers and showing them who has the real Super Robot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Adb----

01/29/02