Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ A Dream's Desire ❯ Life's Little Game ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: A Dream's Desire

Author: hikari-no-megami/Yuki

E-mail address: kirei_usa@hotmail.com

Rating: PG

Genre: Romance/Action/Adventure

Chapter: 1- Life's Little Game

Disclaimers: I do not own Sailor Moon or Weiss Kreuz. They belong to their owners in which I forgot their names ::sweatdrop::.

Author's Notes: This is my first fic that cross with Sailor Moon and Weiss Kreuz. I don't know much about Weiss Kreuz; so help me if the characters aren't right or OCC.

Quote of the Chapter:

No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry…

***********

Around May…

***********

She looked on in sorrow, as her love walked away with another girl. Her heart breaking into pieces at the sight of happiness upon their faces. Coldness wrapped itself upon her. Love breaking her into pieces, yet she still looked on. They were laughing, talking, something that she had wished for herself with him. But she didn't have that chance. He was gone, away from her grasps. He wasn't hers anyway, wasn't hers to begin with. That thought had stunned her, but the possibility of it possible had kept her from dark. But now there was no hope. He was hers now, the girl that he was laughing with. They were a perfect couple. Absolutely perfect no matter what her friends thought. They deserved each other. He deserved someone special, not her. Not her who had said `I hate you' once before to him. She regretted that ever since those words came out of her mouth, but no matter what she said, thought, wished, she couldn't take those words back. Then, before those words had ever come out, they were ok, able to say more than 10 words to each other. However, not even much of a word was said now. Obviously they just weren't perfect together. Fate thought that, they thought that. Life was just an endlessly game of hurt and pain, with her on the opposite side of happiness. She just wished, that for once, she would be able to experience real happiness, true love…

Cherry blossoms gently flew away from their trees and enveloped the sad girl as she watched someone she cared about hurt her. Not purposely of course yet still hurt her, never knowing it. As the couple gradually moved out of the girl's sight, she bowed her head down and slowly fell onto the hard ground. Her hands binding her knees together as tears plummet her clothes in wetness. Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours. No one was able to understand the feeling of loneliness that she felt right now. Away the blossoms danced across her sight, around her, yet she never looked up. That was the position she stayed in for many hours.

*************************

2 months after the hurt (June)…

*************************

The curtains were drawn in and darkness flooded the area. There was a distant figure on the bed, right beside the window. It was apparent that it wasn't nighttime yet, by the screaming voices heard outside. The door slowly opened, and light stream across the room. The figure lied across the bed slid down and covered the blanket over the face. There was a sound of sigh from the doorway. A sound of click, and powerful waves of light once again hit the figure. The person at the doorway walked toward the bed. She yanked the blanket away from the girl and threw it across the room. Her eyes softened as the girl slowly sat up and wrapped her hands around her legs, an action done a month ago, and days near as the pain was once again brought up. Soothingly, the woman wrapped her arms around the trembling girl and rocked her as she had done before when the girl was only a baby. The girl dug her head into her mom's shoulders and cried. Tears didn't stop, pain didn't stop, only happiness stopped…

"Why does it hurt?" the girl asked in agony.

The mother could do nothing but watch her daughter dig herself into a shell, never coming out until life itself helped her.

"It hurts, because you won't let go. Because you stay in the past, in something that had an ending already. First love is always like that. One day you'll meet your real knight in shining armor, but until then, live your life to the fullest. Live everyday with a smile, a real one. Take up what you had lost during your depression. Be who you are. The you that spread light everywhere you go. The one that helps when a friend is in need. A person who cares about life and the importance of it…"

***************************

June, a special person's birthday…

***************************

Loud noises filled the house from head to toe. Couples were dancing together, laughter was in the air. The special guest was sitting in a corner. Even though sadness still held her, she was able to get away from loneliness, at least for a while…

"Come on Usa-chan! It's your birthday, have some fun!" a redheaded girl shouted out over the loud music as she pulled Usagi from her seat. Usagi gave a soft smile toward her friend and reluctantly got up. Pulling Usagi toward the dance floor, she started to dance silly, causing a small giggle from her friend. Soon she too began to dance, although not as silly as her friend. Once again, life bubbled out of her heart and she was able to be who she was before. The golden child that loved dancing…

"May I have this… dance?" a male voice was heard. Usagi turned around, not expecting to see him. Suddenly the song they were dancing to stop and a romantic song was on.

Usagi stared, never thinking that he would come, that he would even talk to her.

"May I?" he asked again. Usagi shook herself out of her reverie and looked around, trying to find the friend that she had just danced with, but she wasn't in sight. Tentatively she turned around and gave a hesitant nod. She took his outstretched hand and timidly placed her other hand on his shoulder. He placed one of his hands at her waist, where she blushed. Leisurely they danced to the melody, yet both parties felt discomfort.

"So… what has life hold for you?" he whispered, breaking the silence between them. Usagi couldn't answer; his voice was just so appealing to hear. She was sure that she could hear it for a million times and more. But she couldn't feel anything more to him, it had been so long…

"It has hold out fine…" Silence was ensued after that.

The song slowly ended yet she didn't want it to. She wanted to feel his hands, wanted to feel his hold on her. Just like as if he was protecting her. But that couldn't happen. Something just couldn't happen between them, it just wasn't possible.

Usagi took the time to open her presents, taking in the wonder that approached whenever a present was about to be opened. In a matter of minutes, about an hour to be exact, all her presents were open and laid next to her in piles. Nonetheless, the one present that she wanted couldn't come true and from the same person. The one person that she gave her heart to.

The stars slowly dimmed as sunset was approaching. Just like her life. The moon was bright and friendly, something she needed. Even though there were friends and family that was there when she needed them, they couldn't understand her. Couldn't understand what she was going through. The moon related to her. It's isolated yet shines a beautiful light when needed. She took the railing in her hands and rocked back and forth. Trying to catch the wind. Something that other people wouldn't understand. It was her secret. As she looked up, she saw something shiny and beautiful. Curiosity held her firm and caused her to wonder. Quietly she took her shoes off and climbs on the chair close to her. Standing on tiptoes, she reached her hand to grasp the shiny object. As her fist closed around it, the chair fell and she came tumbling down. Her hair falling away in waves from the hair tie. Gingerly she stood up, righting the chair in the process. She sat down and opened her fist. It was indeed a beauty, a wonderful thing, but it was the thought and the person behind it that had her attention. Glittering in the moon, the locket possessed a thought behind it that was only known to the giver and the receiver. The front was decorated with diamonds, in the shape of a moon. At the back were stars, topaz representing them. Inside held a small note, but it was readable:

A beauty for the beautiful birthday girl…

Perhaps he didn't hate her, the gift proved it otherwise, but still. Perhaps he didn't hate her but he didn't love her either…

They separated, yet didn't. Life was a confusing little thing. Full of twists and turns, much like a maze. Figure out the way and it would award you. Hold the past, and it would continue to restrain you. That was life's little game. Sorrow, pain, happiness, love, all part of it…

End of Chapter 1: Life's Little Game

Well, was it okay? I'm proud of this chapter, just finished it in one day! The best I could do with my stories. Really need to update them. Please review and review, comments and suggestions are welcome, and maybe flames, though don't make them to scary. ^-^