Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ A Dream's Desire ❯ Maybe... One Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: A Dream's Desire

Author: hikari-no-megami/Yuki

E-mail address: kirei_usa@hotmail.com

Rating: PG

Genre: Romance/Angst

Chapter: 2- Maybe… One Day

Disclaimers: Life's a game of sorrow and unfairness and I don't own Sailor Moon or Weiss Kreuz…

Quote of the Chapter:

He was a man with many faces. But perhaps one of his most common faces is of love and hate...

(I don't really get how that quote came to be… I made that up, don't you like it?)

***********

At the park…

***********

The air was warm and cheery, the opposite of what she was feeling. Thinking about past times, was almost like her favorite thing to do. She dreamt about it at night, and thought of it at morning. There wasn't really a single time when she wouldn't think about it. Yet she didn't want to think about it. Times when happiness held her and sorrow seemed miles away.

A cherry blossom flew by her head. She caught it and twirled it around her fingers. It was smooth and pretty, yet it had a quality that made people want to feel it. She didn't know why she was comparing her life to a flower, yet there was just something about them…

He walked out of the flower shop. It was just too hectic in there even though he knew he shouldn't have done that, but it was just so uncomfortable. There were too many females in there for his taste, hoping that they would buy something was just a lost wish. They weren't in there to buy anything; they were in there to stare at bishonens… He slightly blushes at that conclusion. Why they opened a flower shop was unknown to him, they probably should have opened a business that had securities guarding every door or something. The females can get quite rough when they want to.

Suddenly he stops as he found out that he was in a park. He sat down on a nearby bench and continued to ponder, but then he heard crying nearby. He slowly stood up, his ear opened for where it came from.

"Miss, are you okay?" Usagi stared up at the young man in front of her. She was confused by his question but then she felt something wet upon her cheeks. Tears were streaming down her face. She thought that there weren't any more tears to cry, but she was wrong. A handkerchief was offered her way.

"Thank you," she chokes out.

"Its no problem, if I may ask why are you crying?" he asked, never knowing that the simple question could cause pain and sadness once again.

He noticed her eyes suddenly filled with pain and remorse filled into his soul as well as his heart. Why, he wasn't so sure, perhaps it was the age and amount of knowledge in her eyes that told she wasn't exactly who she appeared to be…

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to…" he quickly added. A small smile was given his way. It was a start at least.

**********

"Will you just shut up and listen!" he shouted.

She stared at him in shock. He never used that tone with her but by the way things were going lately it didn't seem much of a surprise. Problems started to begin on their last date. She didn't know what had happened to cause it. Things were just going perfectly fine…

"Do you remember the time when I told you about her party?" he asked in a soft voice as he controlled himself.

Of course she remembered, it was `her' party. The one that she took on as her enemy, yet `she' never knew. They were friends before but things changed when she was betrayed. `She' knew that she loved him, yet she took him away. Took the person she cared about away. Imagine her hurt when they were flirting about in front of her. Her pain as betrayal set itself in her soul. It could never be washed away.

"That night, when I saw her, she was alone, in a corner. I wondered why, but I never really asked. It seemed as if sadness had enveloped her. Not at all like the girl I knew," he paused as a memory of her appeared.

She glared darkly at the image of `her' that materialize in her mind. It was always her that came between them. Always her that caused problems in her life.

He started again, "I asked her to dance later on… She was quiet, seemed like the days had changed her. Almost like a stranger to me, but I knew that somewhere inside her, the real her was trying it's best to get out. It was only until later on, that I knew why she wasn't who she was. I was stupid, too stupid to never realize it," sorrow threatened to emerge in his voice.

Why did `she' have to come between them? A few tears trickle down her eyes. Why did she have to take something that she needed, wanted? Without a doubt, she knew what was about to happen next. She wasn't a fool to realize what he wanted to do.

He slowly sat down on a nearby bench and continued his speech.

"I thought for days and nights, I didn't know what I should do. Should I tell her what I knew, but then how would she react. Would we still be friends if the truth came out? One side will always be hurt, I know. But one day, I saw her she was fine. Well as much as she could be. She was talking to a boy, someone I didn't know. I don't know what happened, but my heart was… wasn't working as it was…"

Her heart was in pain now, already broken, but it could be healed with only a few words. But the problem was would he say it. Would he say it to her or the person she was betrayed by? Of course it was she. Why would he say it to someone else? She was his girlfriend, but no matter how much, how long, she lied to herself, the feeling that was between that was already broken. Maybe it was her fault, not trying enough to hold the feeling as much as possible, however would it slip by her even if she used all her strength? Or if he helped her?

"I made excuses and lies, but they were all gone when the boy and her surfaced into my mind. I just couldn't ignore what my heart told me. I couldn't ignore the pull from my soul. As much as lies help me live everyday ignoring that feeling, it can't help me live forever without that emotion."

"What are you trying to say?" she asked him, keeping a hold on her emotions, afraid that they would break out any minute. And then not only would she lose her love, but her dignity as well.

"I'm sorry, but I can't be with you anymore,"

She could only utter one word, "Why?" she already knew but as much as she didn't want more pain, didn't want to hear the truth from his mouth, she needed to hear it. To hear maybe one last time, why…

He stopped walking as soon as he finished his last comment. He didn't want to hurt anyone, but someone had to be hurt in this situation. Maybe it should've been him, but perhaps he was already.

As he started walking again, he left his answer, in four words. If he could've said it in three, it would've healed her, but he couldn't bring himself to say the words. Couldn't lie to him and her. She could and would find someone better than him. There isn't only one guy in this world, she just had to try.

"I don't love you…"

The wind carried the reply to her ears, and she let it…

End of Chapter 2: Maybe… One Day

::Sniff, sniff:: I feel sorry for that girl, even though she gave Usagi grief and sorrow… Maybe next time I shouldn't put any more angst in it, if I do, I'm sure there won't be any tissues left in the house.

::Quatre walks in holding a box of tissues:: You could use some of these if you don't have any at your house. ::he held the box towards Hikari-chan::

::Hikari-chan accepts the action and tears stream from her eyes:: Isn't he so sweet? And caring too? ::suddenly flies toward an unsuspecting Quatre and hugs him to death. You could see his blue face:: You're high up on my favorite list of bishies in the Gundam Wing list! If the others are as caring as you, then I won't have to die so fast.

::Yohji pops up:: What! I'm not caring? You must have misinterpret my actions. I've always been caring.

::Hikari-chan suddenly stops hugging the almost dieing Quatre and turns toward Yohji:: You, caring? I will believe that if you stop being a playboy!

Yohji: Hey! Being a ladies man is my job. Anyway who was that guy that was talking to `my' Usa?

Usa-chan: What do you mean your Usa? I don't belong to anyone! Besides why would I want to be with a ladies man? I'd rather go with that silent guy instead. I think his name was Aya, wasn't it?

Hikari-chan: Agreed. Why would she want to go with you instead of ::eyes turn starry:: the lovable Aya?

::Yohji chokes on his doughnut that he was eating as the girls talked about nonsense:: Lovable Aya! Oh, wait until he hears what his new nickname is. Couldn't you've used a better one than lovable? That sounds so ::shudders:: weird and creepy.

Hikari-chan: Humph! You have no sense, obviously don't know anything about females and words…

Yohji: Talking about you I see.

Hikari-chan: Why you…

::both start to bicker endlessly, Usa-chan starts to sweatdrop as the bickering gets worse, turns to the readers, same expression shown on their faces at the amazing vocabulary of words they hold::

Usa-chan: Well, this is what happens when you put a meanie playboy and a writer together.

Yohji: I heard that!

Hikari-chan: Don't turn away from this argument you bum!

Yohji: I don't think you have much of a vocabulary.

::Usa-chan walks away from the insane people and continues::

Usa-chan: I think that's far enough, anyway review! ::smiles that irresistible smile, making people fall over each other trying to review first::

Reviewer 1: Me first, I'm the one she directed the smile to!

Reviewer 2: No me!

::starts bickering::

Usa-chan: I should really get a new job. These kinds of jobs are so dangerous.

::turns and walks away without anyone noticing, that is until a fan notices and yells after her causing many people to run after the frantic and terrified girl::

Usa-chan: HELP!!! ::no more is heard after that::…