Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Reawakened ❯ Chapter 3: Luna comes in ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 3. * Hands Yuugi the disclaimer board. *

Disclaimer: SailorStar9 does not own any of the anime mentioned. Please do not sue her.

************************************************************* *************** **********

Chapter 3

Luna appears

@@@@ At the Isis's museum @@@@

Isis was at the front door, welcoming the group in. in. Once in the basement, a flash of light emitted from Ami, transforming her. Once the light fade, Ami was dressed in an Egyptian ceremonial robe. Blushing at the intense looks everyone was giving her, Ami laughed sheepishly, "Guess I forgot. Once in this room, I transform back to my priestess form." (The yamis are out by now.)

Shadi chuckled at the embarrassed plight his fellow protector was in, earning him a death glare form Ami. Isis shook her head, sighing. Then, she reminded Shadi what the group was there for. Getting out of his joking side for a second, Shadi indicated the group to follow him.

After going through a long tunnel, they entered a mystic shrine. Ami immediately recognized it as one of the many mystic shrines on Mercury. It was of a simple design, with four stone columns at the four corners of the rectangular stage. In the middle of the stone stage was a magic circle with the Mercurian symbol.

Puzzled at why was one here, Ami pointed out the question to Shadi. Isis explained that it was actually the Mercurian's first King who placed the shrine in this place many centuries ago. Shutting her eyes and concentrating, Ami commented about the strong magic aura that the ground holds, making it the perfect place for a shrine to stand. Yami nodded in agreement, saying that the planetary king was smart enough to leave a shrine, so as to allow future generations to use it.

Then, Shadi tells Ami that in order for the Millennium Items holders to fully understand who they were up against, both Yami and she will have to relive the ancient war all over again. Yami nodded, understanding the full impact of the situation, while Ami commented that she was going to be so drained after the whole ordeal. But, nevertheless, she agreed.

Stepping into the middle of the magic circle, both Yami and Ami shut their eyes as Shadi chanted an ancient spell. A spiral of wind surrounded them, lifting both Ami and Yami into the air. Then, the Eye of Horus flashed on Yami's forehead, while the Mercurian symbol flashed on Ami's.

While all these was going on, a holographic image from their memories appeared in front of the rest of the group.

A dark, massive figure loomed over entire Egypt, its intensive evil aura surrounding the entire Egyptian capital. On the other side, stood the Pharaoh (aka Yami) and an older, more elegant and graceful Ami was in the air. Taking out her crystal, Ami unleashed its power, a bright flash of light emitting from it. The dark entity released its power simultaneously. Focusing on the battle at hand, Ami concentrated, as the light battled with the dark, in a never-ending cycle. In the end, the light won, forcing the dark power out of the enemy. It was then, Yami stepped in. Using the powers of the Shadow Game, Yami sealed the darkness within. Then, it was over, with Ami collapsing on the ground, her battle costume fading away. The enemy fainted on the ground as well, revealing her true form, whom both Bakura and Marik recognized as the Princess of the Moon.

Then, the image faded. Looking at the two who were struggling to stay suspended in the air, Yuugi gasped in shock, as the wind that previously supported them was no more. Immediately zapping Yami back into the Puzzle, Yuugi could only watch on, horrified when his cousin started to fall. Just then, a flash of pale yellow light caught her, cushioning her fall in the process. A minute later, Ami stood up slowly, still nursing a headache she had gotten from the energy drain. Looking at the unexpected helper, Ami brushed past the group and headed behind them. Picking up a black cat, Ami cradled it towards herself.

"Baka feline, Luna. Why did you have to do that?" Ami whispered to the cat, which was obviously drained. Holding Luna as if she would with a baby, Ami blinked at the glazes everyone else was giving her. Sighing, Ami turned towards Bakura and Marik. "Would you two be SO kind as to tell the others the relation between the Silver Alliance and Ancient Egypt? I must be going." With that, she turned around and walked away.

@@@@ Back at Grandpa's Game Shop @@@@

Ami had laid the Lunaian cat in a basket. In the midst of wondering why she was here, Pluto appeared once again. Looking from Ami to Luna, she had explained that Serena was still struggling to get out of the place Ami had trapped her in and it would not be long before she finally breaks out of it. Setsuna then further explained that Luna was present so as to give guidance to the battles ahead. Ami nodded, remembering that although Luna is still Serena's guardian, she has never sided on any side that was perceived as wrong. It was Luna whom warned the Terrans about the evil entity that swallowed Serena in the past.

After Pluto disappeared to the Time Gates, Ami stroked the Lunaian feline, stretching her behind her ear. Luna purred contentedly, waking up.

"Hey, Ami." she greeted the ice scout.

The blue-haired girl smiled at the cat, "So, I assume Pluto has explained to you about our current situation."

Luna nodded, "History repeats itself." she commented.

Ami smiled sadly, "And it will be much more difficult now. Serena had always been one of my best friends. Now, she has let greed and power consume her."

"She may be my charge, Ami, but I've never requested her to gain more power." Luna reassured Ami.

"Hey, your eyes are different." Luna commented, noting that Ami's eye color had changed.

Ami laughed, "Luna, violet has always been my original eye color. I've always put on blue-colored contact lenses to hide them."

"Why, so? It looks pretty on you." Luna replied.

"My mother insisted on it. She had hated anyone that was connected to my father. And that includes Yuugi."

"Yuugi? Your cousin, I presume." Luna asked.

Ami nodded. "Well, I do hope grandpa doesn't mind having a cat in his house. Besides, I'm the only one around here who knows you can talk. Now, rest Luna, you'll need it." The Lunaian cat nodded and drifted off to sleep.

Stepping downstairs, Ami looked into the kitchen where Grandpa was in. "Grandpa, can we have a cat living with us?" she asked.

Mr Motou blinked, "Sure, why?"

"The cat belongs to an old friend of mine. Since she has gone overseas, she has entrusted me with her pet." Ami explained.

Mr Motou nodded, "Then, it's fine, as long as it doesn't use the sofa as a stretching post."

Ami brightened up, "Thanks, grandpa.", giving Mr Motou a hug.

@@@@ Once back in her room @@@@

Ami had informed Luna that Mr Motou had agreed on allowing her to stay, on the account that she does not use the sofa as a stretching post. Luna rolled her eyes, "I've never needed a stretching post before." she commented.

Ami burst out laughing, before composing herself, "Where's Artemis?" she asked.

Luna blushed at the mention of the white cat she was supposed to fall in love with. "He's on Venus, still grieving over the loss of his charge. Ami, I think he hates me." Luna sobbed.

Ami shook her head, "Luna, Artemis can't hate you for something you haven't done. He, of all people should know that it isn't your fault that Serena turned against us." she consoled the upset cat.

Luna got off sobbing, "You're right, Artemis could never hate me for something I haven't done."

Ami smiled, "And speaking of which, Artemis is here."

Luna blinked, "Where? Where?"

Ami chuckled, "Outside the window."

Opening the window, Ami let the white feline in. Then, she walked out of the door, shutting it behind her, giving the two cats some time to talk.

************************************************************ **************** ****************

SailorStar9: Finally the cats come in.